April 25, 2024, 02:17:56 AM

Author Topic: Imagine this.......ah player blank Chelsea....ah love it!!  (Read 2787 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Imagine this.......ah player blank Chelsea....ah love it!!
« on: July 07, 2006, 07:33:53 AM »
Shaun Wrights-Phillips shoulda have this man head!!

www.skysports.com

New Hamburg signing Vincent Kompany has explained why he rejected Chelsea, claiming the Premiership champions are 'a factory'.

Chelsea had been long-term admirers of the Belgium international and had made a concerted effort to sign the defender.

Kompany settled his future last month by joining Hamburg in a £5 million deal from Anderlecht and he is delighted with his choice.

Though he has not ruled out joining The Blues later in his career, Kompany feels the current regime made it easy for him to reject a switch to Stamford Bridge.

"Chelsea came in for me a year-and-a-half ago, but I refused, although I could have doubled what I had at Anderlecht," said Kompany.

"But I am not crazy, I saw enough examples of others.

"Chelsea are a factory. I do not doubt my qualities to make it at Chelsea, it is possible to still go there later.

"But I would rather never go to Chelsea, than go at a bad moment."

A string of leading European clubs, such as Manchester United, Arsenal, Barcelona and Real Madrid, have held an interest in the young stopper.

Kompany confirmed the list of his admirers, but outlined the reasons why he joined Hamburg, who are aiming to displace Bayern Munich as Bundesliga champions.

He added: "This club has drive. The infrastructure is almost futuristic. I thought the gym at Anderlecht stuck out, but it is nothing compared to what they have here.

"And look at the players. They are young and quick - Wicky, Boulahrouz, Mahdavikia - this team is young and ambitious.

"I have taken this decision concerning my future and no one else. People wanted to push me in all kinds of directions - to Chelsea, Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid.

"But I wanted, especially, a championship in which I could take a large step forward. On a sport and financial level Hamburg, for me, was the most interesting."

Kompany also hit out at Lyon for the way the French champions conducted their interest and he feels moving to Stade Gerland would have been a mistake.

"It was a question of philosophy. A club which has been champions five times in a row stands, for me, on a decreasing, rather than rising, line.

"The players who are there have become used to being champions.

"I also felt a certain arrogance in the conversations with Lyon. The small Vincent from small Belgium who had to be content that he could come to play at Lyon.

"That also became clear from the financial proposal."
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine this.......ah player blank Chelsea....ah love it!!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 10:18:22 AM »
isnt he on liverpool? or is it kromkamp? i does get confused with them two players.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 10:45:20 AM »
what yuh blank mih team boy, so what we dont need you.

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 10:48:40 AM »
thas what ah talkin about , hopefully everyone else have sense like him now...
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 10:58:06 AM »
Looks like he is well informed and does his research before sighning on with clubs. Glad to see he is not fooled by the just the money and the big names of the club. Wish more players were like him before they signed contracts.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 12:24:26 PM »
chelsea will crash soon,watch and see. :devil:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 10:54:07 PM »
It boggles the mind why any talented young player would want to join a team like Chel$ea to rot in the reserves.

Yes the money is probably better than other clubs and training with some of the world's best players may seem attractive but nothing beats regular first team football to develop your game.

Certainly SWP would have been in the England squad if he stayed with Man City and I can'thelp but feel that he's starting to regret the move especially as moneybags throw money around like there's no tomorrow.

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 08:49:06 AM »
chelsea eh need no kompany,we we rule this season

Offline Ocky

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 08:36:46 AM »
More to this story than meets the eye!! He's not only rejected Chelsea but other English & French clubs too, so the factory methods at Chelsea can't be the real reason. He says he likes the look of Hamburg!! Strange choice when you see what was on offer. I would hazard a guess and suggest that he was afraid to go into the Premiership or even joining Lyon who are an excellent club. The choice then is to join unfashionable Hamburg where if he fails it won't be too much of a problem. He also says he doesn't rule out joining Chelsea in the future?? Definitely hedging his bets here.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 08:41:46 AM »
WOW ... finally a player who plays for love of the game and is rational in though ... Hamburg is meh new team .... tell dem pardna ...tell dem
Snake in de balliser

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 09:56:03 AM »
Watch Chelsea once Abramovich decide to finish playing with his toy  ??? or they find him corrupt with fingers in many football pies  ???

Offline Ocky

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 04:33:21 PM »
Watch Chelsea once Abramovich decide to finish playing with his toy  ??? or they find him corrupt with fingers in many football pies  ???

I think you may be waiting a long time!

1]; } ?>