June 16, 2024, 04:51:27 AM

Author Topic: Where Beenie goin thread  (Read 10019 times)

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Where Beenie goin thread
« on: June 29, 2006, 04:38:23 PM »
its in dutch

Just says he is on the list for Poland

http://www.nu.nl/news/767473/43/Bondscoach_Polen_stapt_op%2C_Beenhakker_in_beeld.html

okay here the altavista translation

Bondscoach Poland go away, Beenhakker in picture Spent: 29 June 2006 21.46 WARSAWS - the bondscoach of Poland, Pawel Janas, have laid down its function. He does not want wait a decision of the association governing board concerning its future at the national plough. The coach knew after the disappointing WK in Germany, with prospectless disconnection at the group stage that he no new chance would get more. Janas have been three years in function. On 14 July the Polish association governing board will accept its dismissal officially. Possibly on that day also the name of the new bondscoach is confessed. governing board member Ryszard Czarnecki, tevens member of the Polish parliament, has held already several conversations with candidates. According to Polish media also leo Beenhakker on the list of candidates stands. The experienced coach lived plough of Trinidad and Tobago in Germany historical WK with the records. He let after the tournament know that he is open for a new adventure, where thus. Beenhakker were not Thursday evening for comment contactable.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 04:48:26 PM by dutchman »
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline ffreturns

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Poland wants Beenhakker too
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 04:46:18 PM »
I hope they get him.

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 04:57:16 PM »
-be the change you wish to see-

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 05:04:01 PM »
I hope they get him.

why should they get him  state yuh reason nuh >:(
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 05:53:02 PM »
now Every body want we Beenie!!! its sad but is the nature of the business. :( :( :( :( :(
All American

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 06:09:33 PM »
all them countries can beg all they want!!! we keeping don leo and dize it!!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 07:41:41 PM »
waitt let me weigh the options

a new challenge or a job where the government may not honour their word to pay my salary. and i wouldnt be the head coach for the next 2 yrs. hmmmmmm

well honestly beenie owes us nothing. if he goes i will be disappointed but ah wouldnt vex with d man. thats d nature of the game and he being wanted reflects positively on our perfpromance.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 07:53:17 PM »

Australia also wants him
hmmm thats a hard offer to turn down  :-\
heard this from a good source
so do ask me where i get dis info from ppl

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 08:42:01 PM »
Beenie ent goin no were, he took the warriors tuh the WC thats history,every other coach failed, so why would they replace him...

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 08:55:34 PM »
[quote author=ZionYouth link=topic=18326.msg187733#msg187733 is not really what we want to do is what he does .....so all we could do is provide teh money plan and set goals for teh future and hope they sound good for him spending more years with Trinidad and tobago date=1151635321]
Beenie ent goin no were, he took the warriors tuh the WC thats history,every other coach failed, so why would they replace him...
[/quote]
All American

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 09:33:43 PM »
As long as Wim stay...Beenie could go if he wants

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 12:26:07 PM »
Beenie wont leave us unless they paying him alot more money

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 12:28:23 PM »
In the end it's up to Beenie, we  could want him all we want, it does not matter. He has proven himself and the decision would rest with him

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 12:40:40 PM »
Beenie wont leave us unless they paying him alot more money

He wont leave?
why? wuh so special bout we?...not ONE woman cook dah man ah sweat rice and cascadura yet,, de drinks along cyah make he stay

why yuh tink he gone holland....is to rehab from de babash addiction...
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

TrinInfinite

Where Beenie goin thread
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 09:47:05 AM »
After reading the article in the express, Warner is having a final meeting with him in munich, will beenhakker take over where hiddink left off, guus has put in a good word, ah think beenhakker will jump ship for the aussies, which means we will have whim or whoever else tuh coach us.

I think as I said before, if we dont get back Beenhakker we should go for a german coach in voeller, he will be a perfect fit and has done alot with teams who didnt possess extreme talent, however our 2010 will have talent so I think he will do well.

vibes it up

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Where Beenie goin thread
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 09:54:34 AM »
I wont be too upset...  who vex loss.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 10:04:42 AM »
And what about these comments from Beenhakker?

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=18544.0

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 10:14:21 AM »
i wouldn't be surprised to see him in oz. if you look at his CV, he doh stay anywhere for too long.

leo is a rolling stone.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 10:33:11 AM »
Well Alberta on the comments I applaud Don Leo for taking his then, next task/job as serious as he would any other bigger outfit. I am very grateful for Beenie and the 2006 SocaWarriors for getting TnT to the next level of "I believe we can" It's a lesson that can't be bought but must be earned. As you earn you learn. The Don was able to use the talent pool available and some would say work wonders in any case, the Don was able to get us as far as we got. I suspect the next time around we would be trying again to upgrade, to get to another level. A level where we feel a little better about being able to stand  up and box with the bigger outfits as did Ghana.
Im not sure that Beenie has the ability to take TnT to the next level because Im not sure that he might do anything different (strategy)
that he did this time. The only other factor would be the talent pool. So if the talent is comparable to our current squad then am I to expect a similiar result? Well I was looking for a different result the next time. Germany believed that they could and they did. Their coach believed in them first. Maybe we need someone more enigmatic or passionate like a Klinsman. Shaka was quoted saying that Beenie did his little thing on the training ground and the locker room but other than that kept his distance. Maybe we need a more personable person.  All I know is that looking at going forward, though TnT's  level of "We believe" has grown, I'm not certain that Don Leo's  belief in us has grown and I believe he doubted our ability and it kept him home and safe as opposed to venturing off every now and then  as all little boys do.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 11:12:22 AM »
 davidephraim ,
I agree with yuh on  that. Beenhakker's personality came accross as abit aloof at times Then again yuh needed a man like that at this time to instill the discipline and organization our team needed. But as I read , even Beenhakker had to loosen up a bit and accept the cultural make up of our players.
By and large he got the result and more from the talent avaliable to him. On the next level is finding a caoch who could take a group of say 12 local players and develop them  into the quality  players who would be able to hold down the fort while foriegn based players are plying their trade elsewhere.

I really do think we ought not to soley depend on the foreign based players as the core. A coach who is able to work successfully with local talent and develop them to me would be worth his /her weight in gold.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 11:17:53 AM »
davidephraim ,
I agree with yuh on  that. Beenhakker's personality came accross as abit aloof at times Then again yuh needed a man like that at this time to instill the discipline and organization our team needed. But as I read , even Beenhakker had to loosen up a bit and accept the cultural make up of our players.
By and large he got the result and more from the talent avaliable to him. On the next level is finding a caoch who could take a group of say 12 local players and develop them  into the quality  players who would be able to hold down the fort while foriegn based players are plying their trade elsewhere.

I really do think we ought not to soley depend on the foreign based players as the core. A coach who is able to work successfully with local talent and develop them to me would be worth his /her weight in gold.
[/color]

I didnt think to add that  point you made but Im sure glad that you did. Local as de core foreign to compliment the core.... I like it a lot and Cyd Gray is de poster boy for dat campaign.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 03:26:36 PM »
GAlly Cummings to the rescue.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006, 05:48:39 PM »

Im not sure that Beenie has the ability to take TnT to the next level because Im not sure that he might do anything different (strategy)
that he did this time. The only other factor would be the talent pool. So if the talent is comparable to our current squad then am I to expect a similiar result? Well I was looking for a different result the next time. Germany believed that they could and they did. Their coach believed in them first. Maybe we need someone more enigmatic or passionate like a Klinsman. Shaka was quoted saying that Beenie did his little thing on the training ground and the locker room but other than that kept his distance. Maybe we need a more personable person.  All I know is that looking at going forward, though TnT's  level of "We believe" has grown, I'm not certain that Don Leo's  belief in us has grown and I believe he doubted our ability and it kept him home and safe as opposed to venturing off every now and then  as all little boys do.

You believe the mirror ? nah boy a coach dont inter-mingle and chat with his players off the field  ::) he just coach and dont talk to them after he keep away::) .

Davidephraim  you talking about TNT GOING TO THE NEXT LEVEL in world football  using a locals as the core  foreign base to compliment them .  :rotfl:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2006, 05:54:52 PM »
GAlly Cummings to the rescue.

That's called nostalgia.  With all due respect to Gally, think he could coach a squad where 80% of yuh players reachin een 3 or 4 days prior to WC qualifyin match?  At least 80% of we BEST players will be playin in foreign leagues.  Wha he go do?  Say only local based players gettin pick so he could work and train wit dem in camp 24/7 like de Strike Squad?  I think not.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2006, 08:49:39 PM »

that he did this time. The only other factor would be the talent pool. So if the talent is comparable to our current squad then am I to expect a similiar result? Well I was looking for a different result the next time. Germany believed that they could and they did. Their coach believed in them first. Maybe we need someone more enigmatic or passionate like a Klinsman. Shaka was quoted saying that Beenie did his little thing on the training ground and the locker room but other than that kept his distance. Maybe we need a more personable person.  All I know is that looking at going forward, though TnT's  level of "We believe" has grown, I'm not certain that Don Leo's  belief in us has grown and I believe he doubted our ability and it kept him home and safe as opposed to venturing off every now and then  as all little boys do.

You believe the mirror ? nah boy a coach dont inter-mingle and chat with his players off the field  ::) he just coach and dont talk to them after he keep away::) .

Davidephraim  you talking about TNT GOING TO THE NEXT LEVEL in world football  using a locals as the core  foreign base to compliment them .  :rotfl:

Mexico did it and dem always high (altitude) so who is sober Trinidad...... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2006, 05:33:07 AM »
At this point I don't care where he goes,but thanks for the contribution,next coach please......

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2006, 06:09:40 AM »
Poland May Name Beenhakker as Coach After Early World Cup Exit

July 6 (Bloomberg) -- Poland may appoint a new coach for its national soccer team next week, with Trinidad & Tobago manager Leo Beenhakker among the candidates.

The Polish soccer association, or PZPN, will decide July 11 whether to replace current coach Pawel Janas, spokesman Michal Kocieba said. The Gazeta Wyborcza newspaper reported earlier today, without citing sources, that Beenhakker would get the job.

``I can only confirm that Beenhakker is one of several candidates,'' Kocieba said in a telephone interview in Warsaw. He didn't disclose the names of other candidates.

Poland, semi-finalists twice in World Cup history, exited the first round for the second straight tournament in Germany after losing its first two games. Janas, 53, was criticized by Polish media and fans for not selecting the top scorer of the qualifying stages, Tomasz Frankowski of England's Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Beenhakker, 63, is a former Dutch national coach and Ajax technical director and has worked in Spain, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland and Turkey.

He led Trinidad & Tobago to its first ever appearance in soccer's World Cup finals this year. The country, with a population of 1.3 million, was the smallest of the 32 teams competing. The team managed a draw against Sweden in its first game before losing to England and Paraguay.

Poland is ranked joint 29th in the world by competition organizer FIFA, alongside Korea.

Janas's predecessor, Jerzy Engel, was fired after the results in 2002's World Cup in Japan and South Korea, in which Poland lost to Korea and Portugal before beating the U.S. in its final game. This time round, Poland lost to Ecuador and Germany before beating Costa Rica in the final match.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2006, 07:21:57 AM »
After much thought on Beenie and what he achieved. I can't help but feel this "I will return in two years" thing is unacceptable. Now lets be honest, the Trinidad & Tobago team needs plenty work and over 4 years. Beenie could put it together much the same way Guss Hiddeick did for Korea. Starting with Gold Cup in 2007. To say you leaving your assistant just not fitting right.

Beenie right now could and would have the most influence on  T&T football. Pressuring the country to make the League better, set a certain standard and profile. Work with two levels of teams foreign based and local (including U23). He could also pressure the TTFF to become more organized, with a better structure and planning. Only Beenie could talk with the Government in a straight way, Jack playing politics and no one trust him.

T&T have plenty work to do at Beenies level, Mr Phillips in charge of youth teams and coaching but he needs support from the hyenas dem and Beenie could provide dat.

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2006, 07:29:55 AM »
Can we try to keep all the articles about Beenie and he maybe new contracts in one thread fuh easy reference?

Beenhakker is favourite for Poland job

Thu Jul 6, 2006 01:57 PM BST

WARSAW, July 6 (Reuters) - Leo Beenhakker is the number one candidate to take over as Poland's coach, according to a report in a leading domestic newspaper.
"Beenhakker is a huge personality and he is our favourite," Ryszard Czarnecki, head of the Polish Football Association's international department, told the daily Gazeta Wyborcza. "The only problem is money because he will not be cheap. But I am sure we can find sponsors to subsidise the cost."

After a disappointing first-round exit from the World Cup, coach Pawel Janas is expected to confirm his resignation at a meeting this weekend.

Beenhakker, who previously coached Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Real Madrid and Ajax Amsterdam, led Trinidad & Tobago to the World Cup finals for the first time in Germany.

The Dutchman's contract with Trinidad ended after their first-round elimination.

Polish media also reported that Beenhakker had received an offer to replace Guus Hiddink as coach of Australia.

Hiddink is leaving to take over as Russia coach.

http://go.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldFootballNews&storyID=12759293&section=news&src=rss/uk/worldFootballNews

« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 07:33:34 AM by kandi_tt »
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

1]; } ?>