April 29, 2024, 01:10:03 AM

Author Topic: Where Beenie goin thread  (Read 9852 times)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Where Beenie goin thread
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2006, 09:44:50 AM »
Beenie look like he hunting.  He name all over the place, but ah read that Poland article this morning.  Whim could do the job, so I ain't worried.  We just need to get things in place ASAP.  Is either he staying or going.  Plain talk. 

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2006, 10:21:22 AM »

His price tag going up same time with all this news so I hope he goes.

Just leave Wim.

Offline concerned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2006, 11:40:07 AM »
He tell Jack and dem he needs some time to think.

Beenhakker’s future being discussed (6 July 06)
BY  NIGEL SIMON (Trinidad Guardian)

Lincoln Phillips, technical director of the T&T Football Federation, says its up to the federation and its technical committee to get local coaches up to the international standard.

He was commenting on media reports which said, the T&TFF was ready to appoint Wim Rijsbergen, assistant to Leo Beenhakker during T&T’s World Cup campaign, as the new national coach.

Beenhakker, 63, coach of the Dutch team which participated in the 1990 Finals in Italy, was offered an extension of his contract prior to T&T’s final Group B match at the World Cup against Portugal, but he said he needed more time to reply to the offer.

Rijsbergen was part of the Netherlands team at the 1974 World Cup. He has been assistant since Beenhakker’s appointment as national coach in place of Bertille St Clair, with T&T on one point after four matches in the Concacaf qualifiers.

The report in a newspaper stated that an arrangement was being made to have Rijsbergen coach the team for the next two years, during which Beenhakker will make visits to T&T to monitor the development of the team, before resuming as head coach in time for the Concacaf World Cup 2010 qualifiers.

Asked if Rijsbergen appointment was confirmed, Phillips, a former national goalkeeper and first ever certified Fifa goalkeeper coach said, “No, nothing has been made official yet.

“We have been discussing for continuity sake the positions for a slate of coaches for all our national teams.

“These things are being done by the technical and executive committees of the T&TFF, because we firmly believe that for us to continue to qualify for major tournaments and moreso the World Cup on a regular basis, there needs to be continuity in our programme.”

Phillips said, because of this problem, T&T always finds itself two years behind when it comes to preparing a team for the World Cup.

He elaborated: “After every World Cup we go to sleep for two years and then when the qualifying series begin, we are always caught in the process of now building a team.”

Reflecting on the tenure of ex-national coach Bertille St Clair, Phillips noted that this was one of the reasons he (St Clair) never had a consistent line-up for any number of matches.

“Because of our late start to preparing for the World Cup in Germany, St Clair had to be constantly looking for players during our matches, and had he been in charge long before it would have been done earlier.

“Luckily for us, Leo came along and we qualified for the finals.

“Leo did an outstanding job in getting us there and it is because of this reason he has to be given the first right of refusal for the post as national coach at this moment.

“Wim is another choice, he knows the players and it will only be prudent, also, that we utilise local coaches, like Anton Corneal, as one of the coaches.

“We also need to keep people like Russell Latapy and other former players who are serious about coaching.

“For the moment, we want to maintain the coaches who have the international exposure.

Looking ahead, Phillips said the T&TFF is about making sure the coaches get the proper exposure, so that very soon we will not have to depend on importing coaches, but we will be able to export our own coaches.

“The local guys, on the other hand, we will develop through more coaching programmes, which we hope to develop both locally and overseas, including clinics with coaches at Barcelona and Manchester United,” ended Phillips.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2006, 11:50:57 AM »

Beenhakker’s future being discussed (6 July 06)
BY  NIGEL SIMON (Trinidad Guardian)

Lincoln Phillips, technical director of the T&T Football Federation, says its up to the federation and its technical committee to get local coaches up to the international standard.

He was commenting on media reports which said, the T&TFF was ready to appoint Wim Rijsbergen, assistant to Leo Beenhakker during T&T’s World Cup campaign, as the new national coach.

Beenhakker, 63, coach of the Dutch team which participated in the 1990 Finals in Italy, was offered an extension of his contract prior to T&T’s final Group B match at the World Cup against Portugal, but he said he needed more time to reply to the offer.

oh frig man NIGEL SIMON  proof read de damn ting before yuh put it out dey nah man.... >:( >:( >:(
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
BEENHAKKER STAYING!!!!
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2006, 01:14:08 PM »
Beenhakker tells Warner he wants to carry on as coach

Monday June 19, 2006
The Guardian (UK Version)

Leo Beenhakker is interested in staying on as Trinidad & Tobago's head coach after the World Cup. Jack Warner, a special adviser to the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), has held talks with Beenhakker .

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Beenhakker is favourite for Poland job
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2006, 01:25:43 PM »
Beenhakker is favourite for Poland job

WARSAW, July 6 (Reuters) - Leo Beenhakker is the number one candidate to take over as Poland's coach, according to a report in a leading domestic newspaper.

"Beenhakker is a huge personality and he is our favourite," Ryszard Czarnecki, head of the Polish Football Association's international department, told the daily Gazeta Wyborcza. "The only problem is money because he will not be cheap. But I am sure we can find sponsors to subsidise the cost."

After a disappointing first-round exit from the World Cup, coach Pawel Janas is expected to confirm his resignation at a meeting this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Beenhakker, who previously coached Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Real Madrid and Ajax Amsterdam, led Trinidad & Tobago to the World Cup finals for the first time in Germany.

The Dutchman's contract with Trinidad ended after their first-round elimination.

Polish media also reported that Beenhakker had received an offer to replace Guus Hiddink as coach of Australia.

Hiddink is leaving to take over as Russia coach.

Updated o

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2006, 01:30:24 PM »
Bally you REAL late boy Kandi already posted that earlier in the thread

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2006, 01:47:58 PM »
Poland is set to have a press conference on Monday to introduce Leo as the new coach. No word on Wim. According to this article. If you can read Polish, share the knowledge:

Beenhakker trenerem reprezentacji Polski
Holender Leo Beenhakker poprowadzi pi?karsk? reprezentacj? Polski - dowiedzia?a si? "Gazeta". Decyzja zapadnie w poniedzia?ek, we wtorek nast?pca Paw?a Janasa zostanie oficjalnie przedstawiony na konferencji prasowej.
- Beenhakker ma du?e szanse, takie jak trzech czy czterech innych kandydatów - dyplomatycznie mówi? nam wczoraj prezes PZPN Micha? Listkiewicz. I od razu doda?, ?e w pi?tek leci do Szwajcarii (i od razu wraca). Tam ma spotka? si? z dwoma kandydatami na stanowisko selekcjonera. - W czwartek zbiera si? Wydzia? Dyscypliny PZPN i na pewno b?dzie dyskusja o mundialowym raporcie trenerów kadry. W sobot? i niedziel? b?dzie czas na przemy?lenie wszystkiego, a w poniedzia?ek podejmiemy decyzj?. Mam nadziej?, ?e nazwisko nowego trenera b?dzie znane przed posiedzeniem sejmowej komisji sportu, które ma si? odby? 12 lipca - wyja?ni? Listkiewicz.

Czy w Szwajcarii spotka si? z Beenhakkerem, tego prezes PZPN powiedzie? nie chcia?. Holender jest obecnie na urlopie w Niemczech. W?a?nie w pi?tek go ko?czy i by? mo?e spotka si? z Listkiewiczem.

Wczoraj w Monachium Beenhakker spotka? si? z dzia?aczami federacji Trynidadu i Tobago (od 2005 r. trenowa? tamtejsz? kadr?). Jak relacjonuje gazeta "Trynidad i Tobago Newsday", dzia?acze chcieli z nim przed?u?y? kontrakt do 2010 r., ale Holender na razie si? na to nie zdecydowa?. Dziennik podkre?la, ?e Beenhakker ma te? ofert? obj?cia kadry Australii.

Ryszard Czarnecki, szef wydzia?u zagranicznego PZPN: - Beenhakker to wielka osobowo?? i jest naszym faworytem. T?umaczy?em prezesowi Listkiewiczowi, ?e zatrudnienie tak wielkiego nazwiska zadowoli kibiców, dziennikarzy i przyci?gnie sponsorów. Jedynym problemem s? bowiem pieni?dze, bo nie jest to tani trener, ale z pewno?ci? znajdziemy sponsorów, którzy si? do jego pensji do?o??.

Wcze?niej Listkiewicz podkre?la?, ?e zwi?zek jest w stanie zap?aci? selekcjonerowi z zagranicy ok. 250 tys. euro rocznie.

Trener z sukcesami

Holender urodzi? si? 2 sierpnia 1942 r. w Rotterdamie. Jako pi?karz grywa? w amatorskich klubach - Tediro Rotterdam, Xerxes Rotterdam oraz Zwart Witt '28. W karierze trenerskiej prowadzi? m.in. Ajax Amsterdam, Feyenoord Rotterdam i Real Madryt. Pracowa? te? w Szwajcarii, Meksyku, Turcji.W Feyenoordzie przez trzy sezony by? szkoleniowcem Jerzego Dudka.

Dwukrotnie prowadzi? reprezentacj? Holandii, za ka?dym razem w zast?pstwie. W 1990 roku musia? przej?? kadr?, po tym jak Rinus Michels niespodziewanie odmówi? poprowadzenia dru?yny na mistrzostwach ?wiata.

By? te? selekcjonerem Arabii Saudyjskiej oraz Trynidadu i Tobago. Prywatnie wielki mi?o?nik cygar. Cz?sto powtarza, ?e futbol ju? go m?czy. W 2004 na kilka miesi?cy wzi?? rozbrat z pi?k? no?n?. Powróci? do niej, obejmuj?c w kwietniu 2005 roku reprezentacj? Trynidadu i Tobago. - Futbol jest jak narkotyk, po kilku miesi?cach bezczynno?ci znów do siebie przyci?ga - mówi? w wywiadzie z maju zesz?ego roku.

Bardzo trudno znale?? jakiekolwiek wiadomo?ci pozapi?karskie o ?yciu Beenhakkera. Holenderski trener bardzo dba o swoj? prywatno??. Gdy w zesz?ym miesi?cu zapytano go o to, czy przyj??by stanowisko selekcjonera reprezentacji Anglii, odpowiedzia?: - Nigdy w ?yciu. Kocham swoj? prac?, kocham pi?k? no?n? i po?wi?cam jej dziewi??dziesi?t procent swojego ?ycia. Pozosta?e dziesi?? procent rezerwuj? na ?ycie osobiste, a trener reprezentacji Anglii takiej mo?liwo?ci nie ma. Jest pod sta?? kontrol? mediów. Ja bym czego? takiego nie zaakceptowa? - stwierdzi?.

Doda?, ?e ?wietnie rozumie Luiza Felipe Scolariego, który odrzuci? propozycj? angielskiej federacji w?a?nie ze wzgl?du na w?cibstwo brytyjskich mediów. - Nie interesuje mnie, ?e ludzi ciekawi to co robi? w tych dziesi?ciu procent czasu, który mam na swoje prywatne sprawy - powiedzia? Holender.

Osi?gni?cia

- mistrzostwo Holandii 1980 i 1990 z Ajaksem Amsterdam

- mistrzostwo Holandii 1999 i Superpuchar Holandii 2000 z Feyenoordem Rotterdam

- mistrzostwo Hiszpanii 1987, 1988 i 1989 oraz Puchar Hiszpanii 1989 z Realem Madryt

- 1/8 fina?u mistrzostw ?wiata 1990 z reprezentacj? Holandii

- awans do mistrzostw ?wiata 2006 i start w tym turnieju z reprezentacj? Trynidadu i Tobago

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2006, 01:53:19 PM »
Well i think wim will follow leo to poland if he accepts the job.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2006, 01:56:48 PM »
Not necessarily.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2006, 02:10:59 PM »
Well i think wim will follow leo to poland if he accepts the job.

So he go be ah disciple all he life.  Leo is not Jesus Christ.  Whim need to buss out now, and he has a good opportunity to take over a team that has good momentum, and which he knows.

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2006, 02:56:14 PM »
Beenie is a free agent, so he making himself available to de highes bidder.
Isn't dis what all player agents do, get as many interest as possible and
hype it up.  One of de teams go out bid dem all... 

Show him the money!!! :o

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Poles Want Beenhakker
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2006, 03:21:32 PM »
Leo Beenhakker has become the favourite to succeed Pawel Janas as Poland manager.

The Dutch tactician has caught the attention of the Eastern Europeans after leading Trinidad & Tobago to their first-ever World Cup finals this summer.

The Bialo-czerwoni are looking for a new boss following Janas's decision to step down after Poland's first-round exit at Germany 2006.

"Beenhakker is a huge personality and he is our favourite," Polish Football Association official Ryszard Czarnecki told Polish daily Gazeta Wyborcza.

"The only problem is money because he will not be cheap. But I am sure we can find sponsors to subsidise the cost."

Beenhakker's contract with The Soca Warriors came to an end following T & T's first-round exit from the World Cup finals.

Reports in Poland have also linked the former Holland and Real Madrid boss with the vacant Australia post following fellow Dutchman Guus Hiddink's departure to become the new manager of Russia.

skysports

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2006, 03:47:38 PM »
http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/article.aspx?hlid=401229&CPID=219&clid=511&lid=13&title=Poles+want+Beenhakker

Poles want Beenhakker
By Simon Fudge | Thursday 6th JulyPrint this pageEmail page
WORLD CUP PODCASTS
Sky Sports News' brand new podcasting service is available now.

Team links:
Poland
Trinidad and Tobago
Leo Beenhakker has become the favourite to succeed Pawel Janas as Poland manager.

The Dutch tactician has caught the attention of the Eastern Europeans after leading Trinidad & Tobago to their first-ever World Cup finals this summer.

The Bialo-czerwoni are looking for a new boss following Janas's decision to step down after Poland's first-round exit at Germany 2006.

"Beenhakker is a huge personality and he is our favourite," Polish Football Association official Ryszard Czarnecki told Polish daily Gazeta Wyborcza.

"The only problem is money because he will not be cheap. But I am sure we can find sponsors to subsidise the cost."

Beenhakker's contract with The Soca Warriors came to an end following T & T's first-round exit from the World Cup finals.

Reports in Poland have also linked the former Holland and Real Madrid boss with the vacant Australia post following fellow Dutchman Guus Hiddink's departure to become the new manager of Russia.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2006, 05:17:39 PM »
Isn't Scolari's contract up too? 

All we need are two translators:  One for Portuguese to Standard English, and One from Standard English into Trini Talk, Ole Talk, etc.
 :D
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Bob

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Leo going to Poland
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2006, 04:59:38 PM »
Leo tipped to coach Poland
ZAID MOHAMMED,Sports Editor Friday, July 7 2006

DUTCHMAN Leo Beenhakker is heavily tipped to take over as coach of the Poland national football team.

According to a report in a leading Warsaw newspaper the 63-year-old Beenhakker has agreed to a contract worth 250,000 euros (TT$2M) a year.

“Beenhakker is a huge personality and he is our favourite,” Ryszard Czarnecki, head of the Polish Football Association’s international department, told the daily Gazeta Wyborcza.

“The only problem is money because he will not be cheap. But I am sure we can find sponsors to subsidise the cost.”

If the report is correct it would be a huge blow to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation who were hoping to persuade the very experienced Beenhakker to stay on as coach of the Soca Warriors.

Towards this end Jack Warner, Special Advisor to the TTFF had offered Beenhakker an extension of his contract with the national football team during the World Cup.

The Dutchman, who at the time was with the team at their base in Rotenburg, northern Germany asked for some time to consider the offer.

Warner again held talks with Beenhakker on Wednesday before the World Cup semi-final between France and Portugal in Munich.

But when contacted in Munich, Warner, a FIFA vice-president refused to divulge whether an agreement had been reached with Beenhakker regarding his future with the Soca Warriors.

Warner said that the discussions were very cordial and that he would issue a media release on Tuesday.

However the Poland football federation are expected to announce on Monday that Beenhakker will take control of their national team leading up to the 2010 World Cup Finals in South Africa.

The Poles started their search for a new coach after their team made a disappointing first-round exit from the World Cup in Germany.

Reports are that coach Pawel Janas is expected to confirm his resignation at a meeting this weekend.

Beenhakker, who previously coached The Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Real Madrid and Ajax Amsterdam, led the Soca Warriors in their debut World Cup Finals in Germany.

The Dutchman’s contract with Trinidad and Tobago ended after their first-round elimination.

Trinidad and Tobago, considered rank outsiders in the tournament played creditably drawing with Sweden 0-0 and losing to England and Paraguay 2-0 in Group “B.”

Following the World Cup, Beenhakker’s stocks as a exceptional coach rose several notches because of the outstanding performance of the Caribbean team.

Since Trinidad and Tobago’s exit from the World Cup, Beenhakker has reportedly received an offer to replace Guus Hiddink as coach of Australia.

Hiddink is leaving to take over as Russia coach.

Late last month Warner, on a break from the World Cup Finals, told local radio that an arrangement was proposed whereby one of Beenhakker’s assistant, fellow Dutchman Wim Rijsbergen would take over the Soca Warriors for two years.

During this period Beenhakker would periodically visit Trinidad and Tobago and would assume the coach’s duties for the next two years leading up to the 2010 World Cup Finals.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,40328.html

I thought Jack say he coming back..... ???

Offline croc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2006, 12:42:43 AM »
not Australia fellers ..G.Houllier coaching Australia.

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2006, 05:27:56 AM »
It looking as though Jack get blank and the most he can get out of his efforts is Wim as head coach, with Anton as assistant!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2006, 06:36:39 AM »
I just want to say thank you Beenie for taking we to de promise land and best wishes in whatever you do in de future and wherever you go next.

Mih really hope de folks at the  TTFF doh screw up things now.....like dey just seem to love to do.  Den ah sure ah could see mih team in South Africa in 2010.....ah goh have to watch from home doh....mih eh tink ah could afford dat one....

LONG LIVE DE MEMORIES OF GERMANY!!!...

GO SOCA WARRIORS.....2010....for sure...!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2006, 08:01:53 AM »
BEENIE EH GO NO WHERE,END OF STORY

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2006, 08:22:03 AM »
watch nah man.....tha article ave meh depressed now....ah does think of beenie as meh granpa....ah go real miss he...

an ah cyah get the thought outta meh mind......if soca warriors hadda play against beenie new team (if he really doh come back) it go be bitter sweet...yuh know dis d man that take we to we first world cup...

but beenie....

thank you and good luck with whatever decision you make for your future...u will always have my respect....
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

1]; } ?>