April 28, 2024, 02:29:49 AM

Author Topic: Chris Birchall  (Read 12922 times)

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall in demand
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2006, 07:10:28 PM »
reading and sheffield
damn! that somehow doesnt seem right

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2006, 07:37:39 PM »
all the best "me mum". i wish that only great things would come your way
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2006, 08:01:16 PM »
Now that Shaka has left the Premiership.. It will be nice to have at least one warrior in the bigs...
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2006, 08:04:32 PM »
allyuh doh post dem ting nah..yuh wuh 'birchallsgirl' jump from de roof of ah tall pub or wha?

go hed..is allyuh conscience hadda deal wit dat oui
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2006, 08:08:51 PM »
If its Reading he should definitely move!!!!!!!!

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2006, 08:20:43 PM »
allyuh doh post dem ting nah..yuh wuh 'birchallsgirl' jump from de roof of ah tall pub or wha?

go hed..is allyuh conscience hadda deal wit dat oui
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
allyuh eh easy yes
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Birchall
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2006, 08:58:58 AM »
bbc.co.uk

Vale dismiss Birchall 'interest' 

Birchall played in all three of the Soca Warriors' group games
Port Vale boss Martin Foyle insists there is "no truth" in speculation that Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Chris Birchall is set to leave Vale Park.
Ipswich were reported to be tracking the 22-year-old, who has a year remaining on his Vale contract and is currently away on holiday.

Foyle told BBC Radio Stoke: "It's obvious that his name will be mentioned after his displays at the World Cup.

"But we're hoping that we can agree a new contract with him."

Stafford-born Birchall has made 78 league appearances for Vale since making his debut nearly five years ago.

He played in all of the Soca Warriors' group games against Sweden, England and Paraguay.

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2006, 09:12:35 AM »
Theres rumour like our manager has said none of the clubs have contacted him for talks  so he is very much still a vale player

and true trini why should he move to reading ????
THERES ONLY ONE CHRIS BIRCHALL

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Magilton admits Birchall liking
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2006, 11:11:21 PM »
Ipswich Town manager Jim Magilton is interested in midfielder Chris Birchall, but insisted he has not made a move for the Port Vale man.

The 22-year-old impressed many with his displays for Trinidad & Tobago at this summer's World Cup finals, having faced Sweden, England and Paraguay in Germany.

Town and East Anglian rivals Norwich City have been mentioned with Birchall, while Premiership new boys Reading and Sheffield United are also thought to be monitoring the player.

Magilton expressed his admiration for the Vale youngster, but
youngster, but stressed that Birchall's international commitments may prove a problem.

"We have been looking at Chris's situation, but have not had any conversations with him, his agent or Port Vale," Magilton told the East Anglian Daily Times.

"The Vale manager, Martin Foyle, is an old friend of mine from our days at Oxford, but I have not spoken to him about Chris.

"He has done very well, but there would be complications with his international commitments for Trinidad & Tobago, so there are many things to consider."

The former Northern Ireland international has also played down reports linking the Portman Road club with the Rangers duo of Nacho Novo and Gavin Rae.

One Ipswich player to be handed a new lease on life is Spaniard Castro Sito after Magilton removed him from the transfer list.

Sito was told he could find pastures new by former Town boss Joe Royle at the end of the season, despite having a deal until the summer of 2008.

Magilton, however, has given the defender a new chance to impress this pre-season.

"He has come back in outstanding physical shape, probably the best of all the players and has shown a tremendous attitude," added the Ipswich boss.

"It often takes foreign players time to settle in, but he has done so very quickly and did well last season.

"He is a likeable guy, who is popular and deserves his chance.

"He needs to eradicate the mistakes in his game and that is what we are intending to do."

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Magilton admits Birchall liking
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2006, 11:28:39 PM »
yuh ever hear crap like this? they have problems because of his international commitments. Look anyone would like ot have a player of  that calibre  who is playing internationally to darw fans and to add to the depth of a team.

Yuh go tell me that if he had players on his team representing England he go have a problem because of they international  commitments. Them 'gaffers' this make me laugh. They must think that they are the only ones ordained with brains so they could say crap and everyone else  go just wipe that off.

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2006, 08:31:32 AM »
all the best chris,doh worry patience is the key u will get what you deserve

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »
yuh ever hear crap like this? they have problems because of his international commitments. Look anyone would like ot have a player of  that calibre  who is playing internationally to darw fans and to add to the depth of a team.

Yuh go tell me that if he had players on his team representing England he go have a problem because of they international  commitments. Them 'gaffers' this make me laugh. They must think that they are the only ones ordained with brains so they could say crap and everyone else  go just wipe that off.

is not just the international commitments, but more so:
"He has done very well, but there would be complications with his international commitments for Trinidad & Tobago, so there are many things to consider."

is because is us he playing for.

Offline GyurlTrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2006, 06:11:13 PM »

yup tho dey might a take d same stance if he was playin for any other country outside a d UK.
Luv Kat

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2006, 06:39:13 PM »

yup tho dey might a take d same stance if he was playin for any other country outside a d UK.

agreed. We shouldn't jump to the worst conclusion. managers kick up as long as the player playing outside Europe becasue the distance travelled and the jet leg is usually worse for regional tourneys. The aussies get it the worst. They reach a  point where they just playing all their friendlies in England now. Plenty of them managers fairly ignorant and often think Caribbean football is a waste of time...but the truth is, most international players get stick. Alex Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho and other high profile Premiership managers even give their English internatinols pressure and doh like to release them...I remember a case last season where one of Chelsea's English players was injured so he could not go on international duty, but played a full 90 in the league the weekend after...doh study club managers nah.

1]; } ?>