March 29, 2024, 04:51:56 AM

Author Topic: RATE BEENHAKKER AND STAFF ON THIS THREAD....  (Read 2848 times)

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
RATE BEENHAKKER AND STAFF ON THIS THREAD....
« on: June 11, 2005, 03:08:58 PM »
Enough rating of the players, I think it time we critique the preparation and thoroughness of the coaching staff.

Strengths- A systemtic approach to the defense and the use of the offside trap. Better reading of the game and what the offense doing by the defense. The coaching staff also knows how to adjust to the opponents and create frustration. Better possession overall by entire team. This staff know how to deal with the psychological aspect of the game.

Weaknesses- No prep for deadballs/restarts apparent. No long throws and sub par corners. No forwards attacking the goalpost or defenders.

Opportunities- Physical fitness is a average. Men losing gas in the last 25 mins hance the 2 goals. Coaching staff have to deal with this. Maybe ENTIRE team need to study film of opponents not just the coaching staff. Better substitutions may lead to more revelation of NEW players. TAKE WHAT THE OPPOSING defense GIVES- hit the 18 yd shot.

Threats: We cannot deal with defending the 18 yd box YET. We need a better prepared GK unit. We struggle with the counter attack. Our forwards do not look like they could mount a prepared counter attack.

For the money paid to this staff and Beenie I give a 6 out of 10. Still some details that show our team was not FULLY prepared. Amateurish preparation still visible.

This staff have to teach the tricks of the trade to our players to raise their game.

Real pros know how to foul without getting call, professional fouls, time wasting techniques, faking a foul to get penalties, climbing/elbowing/pulling during corners.

I know me goh get vex... but Beenie bring he staff and real $$$ done pass. We have to be more demanding and stop accepting mediocrity.

Whuh yuh say!
 ???

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: RATE BEENHAKKER AND STAFF ON THIS THREAD....
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 03:14:01 PM »
You cannot just talk about dis in a vacuum. You have to add time and player availability into de equation. You cannot ignore de fact dat he has been in charge for only six weeks.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 05:09:29 PM »
Beenie not here to teach these guys one shit,these guys playing in England and all over the place for years what is there to teach a professional,if these guys don't know the tricks of the trade as yet when they going to learn,i can see us teaching our youth players these things.We can say what we want our players are not together long enough to prepare for any tournament,that has always been our problem for years,players flying in three and four days before game,we might say other countries do it but our players are not mature enough for that. 

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 05:24:16 PM »
Raj, you looking for beenieman to produce an overnight miracle....

Give dem some time....

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 05:51:00 PM »
    hi...i'm new but been one of them background lurkers as you call them for a couple weeks..so i finally registered last night lol.
anyway my point is that Beenhaker is just one of those 'mercenary' coaches (but he seems willing to do whats he's paid for) and we should thank God that we didn't end up with someone like the 'white witch doctor' or one of those other ones that roam the african continent milking those federations.
    the team had performed 60% better than under the previous 4 coaches and the difference is down due to tactics and more hustle,therefore i would give him 6 out of 10.
    He also faces a tough job getting to instill  a work ethic and basic technique into some of these local players who havent had the experience of training with a foreign club...no wonder Burchill seems a class above the rest even though he is just an average player at best cause he listens, undeerstands and then can carry out these simple instructions.
    has anybody else ever wondered if any of our footballers actually watch games on tv? i mean simple passes and play decision making seems awful at times, like running offside or even set pieces,absolutely no imagination( and then again no technique lol) and so un-professional even the so called foreign pros(Leslie Fitzgerald-i wont even take him seriously till he drops that stupid 'Tiger"off his name.
    does anybody know the lenght of his contract,maybe it might be a good idea to keep him on board so that him and his  staff can implement some kinda development program (yes i know politics and money involved) so that maybe when we the 2014-2018 World cup comes around we would have fellas whom could actually control and kick a ball properly.example no more Nigel Pierre and the likes to ever grace a field.(imagine what i think bout Corneal too lol)
     I feel we will qualify but only after beating the 4th Asian team...we need to start surprising people if we hope to make 3rd though.He was hired to take us to germany but we still need to give him time so when we do qualify we dont embarass ourselves and have the world media ridicule us etc.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 06:02:29 PM »
Raj it too early to do dat brotha

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 09:52:32 PM »
To play more of the devil's advocate: We did  hold BSC accountable after a limited amount of games. How many games would constitute  adequate time for a coach to be fairly assessed? I believe many have already acknowledged that  the present coach has changed the  way our team is playing and approaching the game. Does these accolades not constitute an endorsement and assesment fo the coach?

Is it not a fair question that Raj raises to  begin assessing improvements, acknowledging progress and questioning areas of deficiencies?

Mr. Beenhakker, is a highly paid public official with  a team of  his  own coaches. I think it is only fair that we remind ourselves that like  Rene Simoes ( who was hailed as a saviour) and Ian Portfield, we need to not put these men on pedestals, but be objective in examining the work which he is doing  at this given time.

What would it look like to hear and to see a coach of this calibre, announce a commitment to the growth, and development of  our football program for an extended period of time rather than the immediate objective of getting us to  the World Cup?

The urgency to deal with the immediate sometimes is at the expence of the process of development, hence  there appears to be a repeat of the same challenges and same concerns each and every qualifying campaign.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Too early to rate him ...nuff said...nt
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 10:55:08 PM »
he has to have a goal first and see where it goes the gold cup is the immediate one

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2005, 12:06:02 AM »
I agree with all evryone say...Therefore I myself cannot compound the issue by making an overnight evaluation...ah just not dat good...Excellent points raj...Yet BeenE has been hired to get us to the WC...that is his goal...right now given the circumstances he is on track, Even if we lose the Gold cup games, he will be in the same position, in that same  WC race... I think an evaluation if any, should only be made after Guatamala game....as I stated a few months ago, te onus is not on BeenE, it is on the Country.(i.e. players, supporters, people of T&T).. If we make it, BeenE, doh he will be hailed as a saviour, would only have done his job. If we don't, we (T&T) would be the ones not good enough, even if BeenE have failed... that is the chance WE decided to take...Even If 1 had said no, and 20 said yes....then WE said yes...thus evaluation time dun pass..

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2005, 06:38:13 AM »
What would it look like to hear and to see a coach of this calibre, announce a commitment to the growth, and development of  our football program for an extended period of time rather than the immediate objective of getting us to  the World Cup?

The urgency to deal with the immediate sometimes is at the expence of the process of development, hence  there appears to be a repeat of the same challenges and same concerns each and every qualifying campaign.

Dis have nutten tuh do wit de current coach. He is trying tuh do what he was hired tuh do, which is take us tuh de World Cup, nutten more. De TTFF is responsible fuh enabling de goals you have outlined. I would hope dat if he is kept on beyond his short-term contract, de TTFF would see it fit to address de football development issue.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 07:02:30 AM by Tallman »

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2005, 06:52:49 AM »
Good point Tallman. What exactly is the role of the TTFF and how are they realising the dreams of the wider population. The problems are inherent in the TTFF and change at times seem to be a foreign concept. The coach can only do what he's hired to do.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2005, 10:44:57 AM »
I watched other teams in the HEX and ALL of them appear to be more offensive minded than us. Even Panama was giving the US horrors at times.

My critique is based on tactics and approach. Most people here know we have good to average players. To take average players to the world cup you need excellent coaching and execution.

At times we dominated Mexico during the last match but do not forget that we have dominated and actually defeated Mexico before.

A lot of people doh see the importance of coaching and systems. Brazil plays in a system and their play changes according to their coaching staff.

In ending, we have improved a lot but to say that we ready is wishful thinking. That is my .02 cents.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2005, 03:52:22 PM »
allyuh wait nah man.....time will judge for itself,even BSC time judge,Potterfield time judge and doh talk bout Najjar time judge him quickly ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dominating and defeating Mexico
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2005, 04:22:38 PM »
... do not forget that we have dominated and actually defeated Mexico before.

Ah hope yuh eh talking about when Latapy hit dat rocket and we beat dem 1-0 in de Stadium. We were de ones who were dominated. If it wasn't fuh poor finishing by Luis Hernandez, we ass woulda be grass.

De only time we ever dominate and defeat Mexico was in 1973 when we beat dem 4-0 in ah World Cup Qualifier in Haiti. Gally score ah double and Warren Archibald and Steve David score de rest.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2005, 05:56:22 PM »
Tallman reports coming out about that game was that our style totally confuse them,they did'nt know much about us and we were boom keeping de ball still with quick forwards like Steve David and Warren Archibald.Also de cross ball was giving dem plenty trouble.Finally Winston Bee Phillip long throws like corners were killing them.
Dat team was bound for Germany until Baby Doc and dem decided to pay off de referees who were  ban for live after de game....disallowing four goals and Trinidad losing 2-1 to Haiti with Haiti qualifying instead.
TTT had videos on all those games from '73 ah doh know where they are now.

1]; } ?>