April 27, 2024, 12:19:28 PM

Author Topic: Cristiano Ronaldo Thread.  (Read 129074 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo wins 2nd Consecutive PFA Award
« Reply #330 on: April 28, 2008, 06:42:44 PM »
Remember that these awards are voted on by the players, so its not all about ability. They play against these guys and their personalities become part of the judgement process.

Fans and journalists may have completely different selections. I was surprised that Stern wasn't in the Championship line up and also Clayton Ince in the League 1 team.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 28, 2008, 09:57:27 PM »
Remember that these awards are voted on by the players, so its not all about ability. They play against these guys and their personalities become part of the judgement process.............

persona will always be part of the judgement process, but I can't see how journalists and fans could have a better grip on ability than fellow players? awards given by those who actually play the game and see things on a more technical level...who know what it is like to lose sleep cuz they have to face you tomorrow, or who studying if to move on to a next club cuz they have no idea how they could displace you from the starting 11...those are the ones whose votes carry most weight imo. journalist and fans will tell you Riquelme slow..players will tell you they can't get near him. there will always be a measure of subjectivity, and personal awards are just a big pappy show. but i can't believe you watering down the award cuz it was given by players..if anything, that gives it more cred

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 29, 2008, 02:22:11 AM »
Remember that these awards are voted on by the players, so its not all about ability. They play against these guys and their personalities become part of the judgement process.............

persona will always be part of the judgement process, but I can't see how journalists and fans could have a better grip on ability than fellow players? awards given by those who actually play the game and see things on a more technical level...who know what it is like to lose sleep cuz they have to face you tomorrow, or who studying if to move on to a next club cuz they have no idea how they could displace you from the starting 11...those are the ones whose votes carry most weight imo. journalist and fans will tell you Riquelme slow..players will tell you they can't get near him. there will always be a measure of subjectivity, and personal awards are just a big pappy show. but i can't believe you watering down the award cuz it was given by players..if anything, that gives it more cred

Actually Filho, that was my point. People here questioning the award and who they feel should have won. Its the Players player of the year and, exactly as you have said, they see these guys up close, which is why this award is the most coveted. 

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 29, 2008, 05:33:45 AM »

Filho, I eh so sure anybody questioning too much his PFA award yuh know. I think that award was locked, loaded and had his name on it from the time the season kicked off. He's also going to win the " FIFA World Player of the Year" award (voted on by national team captains and coaches) probably by a wide margin too but there are still going to be many people yet to be convinced that he actually is the best football player in the world.  National team captains and coaches are just as much fans of the game and can be as equally (if not more) subjective, arbitrary and agenda-driven as fans and journalists. All one has to do is take a look at the voting breakdown when it gets published, to see some of the crazy selections that some men make. Neither do(have) most of those voters play(ed) or coach(ed) against the players that end up being the finalists. Prime example: Cannavaro won the award in '06 when clearly he didn't deserve it.

Take also for example that many people on this forum, while we more are fans, at one time or another may have been players and we can't even agree on who were some of the best players we played with or played against. Dwight or Latas? Shaka or Ince? Carter or Brow?...........Colin Rocke or Clint Marcelle?
In the end, we cannot underestimate the subjective aspect of these awards and I agree with you, they are really nothing more than a pappyshow. All the fun is in watching and evaluating but there's just as much fun in the debating.           
       :beermug:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 29, 2008, 06:43:04 AM »
Let's not forget that Stern John has more goals than Ricardo Buller, and with less support around him.

God really doh like ugly
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 29, 2008, 06:54:41 AM »
Prime example: Cannavaro won the award in '06 when clearly he didn't deserve it.

May I ask who did, in your opinion?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 29, 2008, 11:37:57 AM »
Prime example: Cannavaro won the award in '06 when clearly he didn't deserve it.

May I ask who did, in your opinion?

Of the two other finalists, either one of them could have easily won it over cannavaro but it's obvious wich of the two I would've given the nod to, isn't it?     :devil:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Toni To Pip Ronaldo To Ballon d'Or?
« Reply #337 on: May 01, 2008, 11:49:01 AM »
There are reports in Italy that Luca Toni could be in the running to beat Cristiano Ronaldo to the Ballon d’Or, if Italy win Euro 2008.

Cristiano Ronaldo is currently the red hot favourite to win the prestigious prize following a prolific season for Manchester United, during which he has scored 38 goals so far.

However there are reports in the Italian peninsula that Toni could win the prize if the Azzurri were to emerge victorious at Euro 2008.

The 30-year-old is having an equally stunning campaign for Bayern Munich, and is the top scorer in the Bundesliga and the UEFA Cup, and has hit 36 goals in all competitions.

The Italian has already won the German Cup, is on the verging of capturing the league, and is also in the semi-finals of the UEFA Cup.

In the past it has often been big performances at the major international tournaments that has counted most in deciding who wins the European and World Footballer of the Year awards.

This proved decisive when the Brazilian Ronaldo won in 2002, and also when Fabio Cannavaro won in 2006 despite Ronaldinho being in the form of his life and winning La Liga and the Champions League with Barcelona.

The Italian media also argue that Cristiano Ronaldo has often failed to perform in the biggest games, meaning another failure in tonight’s Champions League clash with Barcelona, as well as in the Euros themselves, may see him miss out on the Golden Ball.

Ronaldo can lead Manchester United to Champions League glory and silence all the doubters, but if he fails to, he might have trouble convincing the voting body.

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=677329
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Toni To Pip Ronaldo To Ballon d'Or?
« Reply #338 on: May 01, 2008, 11:52:49 AM »
hmmm interesting............ :thinking:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 01, 2008, 11:55:46 AM »
Could happen... But I would think ..German League..UEFA Cup is less challenging than Premiership and CL.. So CR7 Should have the edge in that aspect... But yuh never know

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 01, 2008, 11:56:23 AM »
Ms T. Toppa...PR officer of Muhaha Co. Ltd....bringing you the news the ManBoo fans won't.

Ronaldo: I Don't Know If I'll Stay
Cristiano Ronaldo has remained evasive about his future with Manchester United, sparking speculation that he could leave as early as this summer.

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=679032
www.westindiantube.com

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 01, 2008, 12:00:15 PM »
Ms T. Toppa...PR officer of Muhaha Co. Ltd....bringing you the news the ManBoo fans won't.

Ronaldo: I Don't Know If I'll Stay
Cristiano Ronaldo has remained evasive about his future with Manchester United, sparking speculation that he could leave as early as this summer.

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=679032

Hear let me bring yuh joy down instantly as that is one bullshit article...

Posted today on Skysports in response to that:

Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted he finds life in Manchester hard, but insists he has no plans to leave Old Trafford.

The Portugal international has been in stunning form this season, scoring 38 goals to help United reach the UEFA Champions League final and remain on course to retain their Premier League crown.

That has led to inevitable speculation over his future, with Real Madrid long-time admirers of the prodigiously talented winger.

But Madeira-born Ronaldo has grown accustomed to the Manchester climate and plans to continue to flourish in the North West.

Great club

He said: "It is hard to live in Manchester. But it is a great club, I am very happy here.

"I want to play here for many more seasons and get even better.

"The weather might not be great but I'm used to it, it's a great club and that's what's most important."

And Ronaldo now has his sights set on securing a dream Double for United this season, with Chelsea their opponents in Moscow on 21st of May and their only remaining rivals in the Premier League title race.

Sir Alex Ferguson's side secured their place in the final with a 1-0 aggregate victory over Barcelona, while the Blues saw off Liverpool on Wednesday night.

Opportunity

"We're in this competition to win it, as much as the league," Ronaldo said. "We took our opportunity and now we're in the final of the Champions League.

"Nothing could be better.

"We might have been able to play better but we won, we always win and now we have to do the same in the final and in the championship.

"Manchester always plays to win, the players want to win something this season and we have a great opportunity to win the Premier League and the Champions League.

"Now, we need to relax a little bit and do some good work and try to win."

Ronaldo is hotly tipped to claim the Fifa World Player of the Year award after finishing third last time out, but believes his team-mates deserve much of the credit for his success.

Good men

He added: "How have I become the best player in the world? Let's just take it season by season!

"It's because I've always been good, always worked a lot and tried to improve every day.

"Here I have good men, good players behind me who have helped me score a lot of goals. I've learned English. And also I've been lucky.

"It's normal that when you get a lot of goals you get a lot of headlines but all the players are involved in that and we all want to do what's best for the club and we do our best to make sure that happens.

"As much as I work for the goals, so does (Wayne) Rooney, so does (Carlos) Tevez, so does Anderson."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_3502220,00.html

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 01, 2008, 12:03:30 PM »
So???

Doesn't contradict the first article.
www.westindiantube.com

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 01, 2008, 12:13:28 PM »
From United fans blog:

The Real Madrid manager, Bernd Schuster, has already fulled the flames by claiming Ronny will one day be playing for them and the club has recently suggested that they would break the world transfer record to sign him.

It's the same tactics they use every close season - last year it was Kaka they wanted - and their arrogant attitude that believes any player will come running at the first sign of interest is infuriating.

But would Ronaldo be any better off at the Bernabeau? Here are five reasons why Ronny should ignore Spanish advances...

1. Why leave a winning team?
United look set to win
Ronaldo's second Premier League title in succession and are favorites for this season's Champions League while Madrid didn't even make it to the quarter-finals stage.

2. No.1 fans
English supporters are far less fickle that our Spanish counterparts and the United fans are largely responsible for Ronaldo's redemption after the 2006 World Cup. He's even appreciated by opposition supporters in this country despite their ways of showing it and you can guarantee one bad game at the Bernabeau and the white handkerchiefs will be out.

3. Sense of stability
While Fergie has been in control of the club for 28 years, Real tend to change managers by the season. They've sacked managers that have won them the league title and Champions League during the season and this constant upheaval often leaves players feeling confused and uncertain.

4. Making history
With comparisons between George Best already being made Ronaldo is on course to become a United legend, remembered throughout history in the same breath as greats like Charlton, Law and Cantona. At Real he would be just the latest star name in an ever-changing galaxy of players who are soon forgotten with the arrival of the next one.

5. Premier League is the place to be
The Premier League is the greatest league in the world. It's played at a tempo that suits Ronaldo's game, attracts the best young players and the widest audiences while there are more English teams in the European quarter-finals and money involved will ensure that Ronaldo will be the best paid player on the planet.

When you really think about it...Why should he leave a Stable..Successful Club like United to go to R.Madrid where Managers go faster than Chelsea Rent Boys ?

The only reason CR7 would go to R.Madrid is to make more money...thats it... I have no problem with Madrid's style of Football...I just think it would be wrong to Leave United where it is like a big successful family...

It's like leaving The Griffin Family for The Osbourne Family lol... 

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 01, 2008, 12:19:22 PM »
Ummm...yeah...how many of your players have left ManU to come to Real?

Uh huh.
www.westindiantube.com

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: May 01, 2008, 12:32:02 PM »

Uh huh.

Firstly i wouldn't trade any player on United for a Madrid player..Maybe Saha for Ruud thats it...

Ruud- Discarded: Still claims EPL and Utd(club and fans)are better

Becks- Discarded and Money: Always says United Fans and Club are better and his time there(Utd) was his most enjoyable of his footballing career

Heinze- Discarded..Was going to Liverpool..but due to arbitration ruling Went to Madrid..expect him to leave This Summer...also talks about Utd fans and EPL being better...

I will post my facts when i gather the articles of all 3 claims...so dont think is just talk...Only yall do that

All had better stints at United... and all were in their Prime...   

Hopefully if CR7 ever comes to yall he will be past his prime... Cuz yall dont deserve his talent...That goes for every other Footballing genius out there...Real Madrid do not deserve the creme de la creme any more.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 12:34:33 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 01, 2008, 12:35:12 PM »
From United fans blog:

United look set to win
To go to a bigger team that also wins.

2. No.1 fans
English supporters are far less fickle that our Spanish counterparts .... you can guarantee one bad game at the Bernabeau and the white handkerchiefs will be out.
So Madrid fans expect a higher standard of play than Man U fans expect, that's a good thing.

3. Sense of stability
While Fergie has been in control of the club for 28 years, Real tend to change managers by the season. They've sacked managers that have won them the league title and Champions League during the season and this constant upheaval often leaves players feeling confused and uncertain.
Yet players still go there and Madrid are still successful.
Again, it's a higher standard than Man U are accustomed to.

4. Making history
Blah blah George Best blah blah blah.
Making history at the club that possesses the greatest football history would be the pinnacle of any player's career

The Premier League is the greatest league in the world. It's played at a tempo that suits Ronaldo's game, attracts the best young players
By tempo that suits Ronaldo's game they mean the crappy defenders who sell their souls at the drop of a shoulder.

Best young players????
Like who?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 01, 2008, 12:37:06 PM »
From United fans blog:

United look set to win
To go to a bigger team that also wins.

2. No.1 fans
English supporters are far less fickle that our Spanish counterparts .... you can guarantee one bad game at the Bernabeau and the white handkerchiefs will be out.
So Madrid fans expect a higher standard of play than Man U fans expect, that's a good thing.

3. Sense of stability
Yet players still go there and Madrid are still successful.
Again, it's a higher standard than Man U are accustomed to.

4. Making history
Blah blah George Best blah blah blah.
Making history at the club that possesses the greatest football history would be the pinnacle of any player's career

The Premier League is the greatest league in the world. It's played at a tempo that suits Ronaldo's game, attracts the best young players
By tempo that suits Ronaldo's game they mean the crappy defenders who sell their souls at the drop of a shoulder.

Best young players????
Like who?

DieHard...like yuh needed here before i hadda cyber slap the f**k outta sum1

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 01, 2008, 12:40:17 PM »
leave Toppa and that goal.com website nuh

let him post articles left and right

I eh know when he go realise is ah tabloid site and it is not to be trusted

Més que un club.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 01, 2008, 12:40:49 PM »
She

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 01, 2008, 12:40:59 PM »
reinforcement reach  :devil:,

ah see they giving yuh some trouble
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 01, 2008, 12:42:35 PM »

She..apparently...I would say Him is a bit more accurate though

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 01, 2008, 12:43:06 PM »

Uh huh.

Firstly i wouldn't trade any player on United for a Madrid player..Maybe Saha for Ruud thats it...

Ruud- Discarded: Still claims EPL and Utd(club and fans)are better

Becks- Discarded and Money: Always says United Fans and Club are better and his time there(Utd) was his most enjoyable of his footballing career

Heinze- Discarded..Was going to Liverpool..but due to arbitration ruling Went to Madrid..expect him to leave This Summer...also talks about Utd fans and EPL being better...

I will post my facts when i gather the articles of all 3 claims...so dont think is just talk...Only yall do that

All had better stints at United... and all were in their Prime...   

Hopefully if CR7 ever comes to yall he will be past his prime... Cuz yall dont deserve his talent...That goes for every other Footballing genius out there...Real Madrid do not deserve the creme de la creme any more.

Just read d latest edition of Inside United where Ruud is interviewed, he said his Heart will always be with United. He still admires the club and loves the fans.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 01, 2008, 12:43:31 PM »

so long you here you ent know Toppa female  ::), i aint know barca boys so clueless.  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 01, 2008, 12:46:50 PM »

:rotfl:
Youtube Channel

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 01, 2008, 12:47:33 PM »
de prawn sandwich eaters in full voice today boy.. hmm

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #356 on: May 01, 2008, 12:48:44 PM »
If Ronaldo plays his entire career at United he will break every individual playing record. He will be more than a legend.

Games, league goals, total goals, wins.

For trophies and titles it will be hard to match Giggs but if United win the CL this year he would probably be the youngest player to have a EPL, FA Cup, League Cup and CL title.

Uh huh.

The ones that Ferguson was ready to get rid of i.e. Ruud and Beckham. Madrid wasn't even Heinze first choice.

Real has yet to pull a United player away from the club, they just good to pay big money for United's hand-me-downs.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 01, 2008, 12:49:29 PM »

I resent that. Goal.com is as credible as they come, thank you very much!
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 01, 2008, 12:50:45 PM »

Are you intimidated?