April 27, 2024, 12:26:36 PM

Author Topic: Cristiano Ronaldo Thread.  (Read 129076 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Toni To Pip Ronaldo To Ballon d'Or?
« Reply #360 on: May 01, 2008, 12:57:53 PM »
leave Toppa and that goal.com website nuh

let him post articles left and right

I eh know when he go realise is ah tabloid site and it is not to be trusted

She..apparently...I would say Him is a bit more accurate though

Are you intimidated?

:-* pssst  :devil:

lol
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 01, 2008, 01:01:29 PM »

She..apparently...I would say Him is a bit more accurate though

Are you intimidated?

Since everyone undecided between a Him or a Her we will let Fat Boy Ronaldo be the judge :devil:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 01, 2008, 01:03:09 PM »
Real has yet to pull a United player away from the club, they just good to pay big money for United's hand-me-downs.

Because Man U does hardly ever have players that Real want.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 01, 2008, 01:15:45 PM »

I resent that. Goal.com is as credible as they come, thank you very much!

only thing that is posted on goal.com is

I to use to frequent that site and realised most of what is written there is exaggerated rumours.

More credible sites are skysports, bbc, soccer365, yahoo sports and a few others, take anything that comes from there with a pinch of salt, especially when it comes to transfer talk.

Més que un club.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 01, 2008, 02:18:02 PM »
Sorry. The only thing Toni pipping Ronaldo at is the amount of hair gel he's use on a daily basis. And even dat eh guaranteed. De man have less goals than a right sided midfielder who playing in a better league, better European competition, younger, and has more variety in his play. At the end of the day, Toni is a lumbering target man  :devil:. He will do well to make the shortlist especially since the English speaking press don't give a rat$ a$$ about Luca Toni and as superficial as it seems, if the  mainstream press not interested..yuh not winning the Ballon D'Or

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 01, 2008, 03:07:41 PM »
If Ronaldo plays his entire career at United he will break every individual playing record. He will be more than a legend.

Games, league goals, total goals, wins.

For trophies and titles it will be hard to match Giggs but if United win the CL this year he would probably be the youngest player to have a EPL, FA Cup, League Cup and CL title.

Ummm...yeah...how many of your players have left ManU to come to Real?

Uh huh.

The ones that Ferguson was ready to get rid of i.e. Ruud and Beckham. Madrid wasn't even Heinze first choice.

Real has yet to pull a United player away from the club, they just good to pay big money for United's hand-me-downs.

JDB yuh's meh boy....let's not start that talk nuh....  :D Especially since it's not like Madrid players go flocking to Old Trafford either....so tell meh where we going with this one  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #366 on: May 01, 2008, 04:00:07 PM »

Yet they take 3 in the last 6 years. hhmmmnn?

JDB yuh's meh boy....let's not start that talk nuh.... :D Especially since it's not like Madrid players go flocking to Old Trafford either....so tell meh where we going with this one ;D

Well I could say that United not interested in any Real players but I just on talk don't study it.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 01, 2008, 04:13:08 PM »
They  really have to wait for the Euro'08 before they jump the gun. Did any of you guys see the match between Bayern and Zenit?  Bayern got their  behind wipped 4-0. Toni is a very good player, but he was subdued today. He did not have a good game today. Just like Ronaldo has bad games on some days. They are right. Let's wait and see. This might be Portugals year.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 01, 2008, 09:24:57 PM »

Yet they take 3 in the last 6 years. hhmmmnn?

JDB yuh's meh boy....let's not start that talk nuh.... :D Especially since it's not like Madrid players go flocking to Old Trafford either....so tell meh where we going with this one ;D

Well I could say that United not interested in any Real players but I just on talk don't study it.

Three in 6 years, and before that?
It's not that Man U don't want Real Madrid players, yuh feel Fergie never dream about havin Zidane, Ronaldo or Figo?
It's just that Man U cannot get top players from Real Madrid.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 01, 2008, 11:11:02 PM »
OK, so now Bayern Muncih get humiliated in St. Petersburg and fail to make the UEFA Cup final, does that mean that Ronaldo will win the Ballon d'Or or we still have to wait to see who go win the Euro?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 02, 2008, 02:32:25 AM »
not italy i hope !
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline d-hawkeye

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Cristiano Ronaldo "Shut it Fergie and do the deal"
« Reply #371 on: June 21, 2008, 12:29:48 AM »
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1321584.ece

Shut it Fergie and do the deal

By ANTONY KASTRINAKIS and SHAUN CUSTIS

CRISTIANO RONALDO openly defied Sir Alex Ferguson as Real Madrid prepared to make their first official bid for the Old Trafford star.

We can reveal Ronaldo’s agent flew into Manchester yesterday and will tell United that Madrid are willing to offer £45million plus £20m-rated Dutch midfielder Wesley Sneijder in return for the Portuguese ace.

In what was an astonishingly confrontational outburst, Ronaldo made it clear he does not care what his United boss thinks of it all.

Asked if he believed Fergie would be angry, Ronaldo replied: “I don’t mind if people get upset.

“It is my decision. It is what I want.”

There can be little doubt Fergie is already upset at the way his leading player is being lured away by the Spanish giants.

United’s manager has already told senior pros that Ronaldo is going absolutely nowhere.

A United source said: “Everyone at the club knows where the manager stands on this.

“He has been saying very strongly that Ronaldo will not be sold.”

United confirmed in a statement yesterday that they are ‘not listening to offers’. But Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon insisted: “If Ronaldo wants us, we’ll be there.”

Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes is now in Manchester under orders to negotiate his client’s move.

Real would be happy to offer Brazilian forward Robinho if United do not want Sneijder.

Despite wanting to quit the Premier League and European champions, Ronaldo still expects them to fund the minor operation he needs on his right foot.

He added: “I will be seen by United doctors in a couple of days.

“I will talk to my club first and then, in three or four days, I will be operated on.”

Ironically, Sneijder is looking forward to playing alongside Ronaldo — just as Real look ready to move him on.

Sneijder, 24, who left Ajax for Spain only last August, said: “It would be a pleasure to play alongside him.

“I’d sign him for Real Madrid with my eyes closed.

“Ronaldo is among the two or three best players in the world, if not the best.

“With him, we’d have a great chance of winning the Champions League.”

Offline d-hawkeye

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
UPSET FERGIE? I DON'T CARE
« Reply #372 on: June 21, 2008, 12:34:39 AM »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/06/21/upset-fergie-i-don-t-care-89520-20615941/

UPSET FERGIE? I DON'T CARE
RONALDO SAGA CRISTIANO BREAKS HIS SILENCE AND UNITED WON'T BE HAPPY

Superstar thinks he can only be World Player of the Year at Real

By Martin Lipton Chief Football Writer Reports From Basle   21/06/2008

Cristiano Ronaldo will turn his back on Manchester United because he believes the club can give him everything EXCEPT the one thing he truly craves.

Ronaldo's behaviour towards Sir Alex Ferguson is the ultimate act of ingratitude after that way the United chief stood by him after the 2006 World Cup clash with Wayne Rooney.

Last night, as Old Trafford players attempted to persuade him to stay, the Portuguese demonstrated his contempt for the man who has made him what he is by insisting he had no interest in talking to the United chief. "I was in a very important competition and we had nothing to say to each other," said Ronaldo.

"I have to say what I want and what I think. It's my opinion and that's why I don't mind if people get upset. It's my decision, it's what I want."

Fergie will be absolutely furious at the dismissive attitude of the player he had treated as a surrogate son, especially after the way he engineered the peace pact between Rooney and Ronaldo, making them realise that together they could realise all their footballing ambitions.

If that was not clear immediately, as Ronaldo picked up his first Premier League title in 2007 as well as scooping the Footballer of the Year and PFA awards, it surely was last month, when the winger left for Euro 2008 duty with a gleaming Champions League winners' medal clasped in his hand.

United can at least match - and probably beat - Real Madrid's financial appeal by offering Ronaldo a record-breaking salary package.

The sheer footballing power of the Premier League, too, means they can virtually guarantee the 23-year-old more of the biggest silverware in the game, starting with December's World Club Championship tilt in Japan. After all, for two years running, three of the four Champions League semi-finalists have represented English football.

And where the money is, so comes the glory.

But the one individual honour that really matters to Ronaldo is FIFA's World Player of the Year trophy. Ronaldo admitted: "Of course it is my aim to be the best in the world. I want to be the best in the world and that's what I work towards every day.

"But only God knows whether I will one day manage to win that prize which is so important for me as a player."

Ronaldo has looked at the list of previous winners of the World Player of the Year prize and decided he has to move to Madrid to fulfil his single biggest ambition.

In the 17 years since the prize was inaugurated, not a single English-based player has ever won, with nine of the winners plying their trade in La Liga, including four - Luis Figo, the Brazilian star Ronaldo, Zinedine Zidane and Fabio Cannavaro - for Real Madrid.

It was that knowledge, and the depth of Ronaldo's desire to be lauded as the planet's global superstar in Zurich next December, and for a few years afterwards, that has brought about what will be a bitter, fractious but inevitable parting of the ways.

Speaking in the aftermath of Portugal's Euro 2008 exit under Luiz Felipe Scolari, Ronaldo made the emotions behind his imminent decision abundantly clear.

"It is a personal thing. It is something I want, something I dream of," explained Ronaldo to guillembalague.com. "And it is true that my family dreams of it too. We were competing and I didn't want to say anything because it is a very important decision.

"I didn't want to say anything here because I wanted to be focused on Portugal. But now it is finished and I am going to say. You all know what I want. I cannot say anything else.

"Of course it will be difficult to get out of United. It is always difficult. It is not only one person deciding, it is many people, but it can be a very good thing for everybody. But what I have, it is a dream, a step forward, you can call it what you want.

"For me it is a great opportunity, and as Scolari says, that train passes by only once, and we have to take advantage of it.

"That is why, he took advantage of his change, that opportunity, and other people have to take advantage of opportunities too."

That mention of the new Chelsea manager will only serve to infuriate Ferguson even more, with the United boss having convinced himself that Scolari has deliberately pointed Ronaldo towards the Old Trafford exit door to improve his chances of recapturing the crown for the Blues.

But Ronaldo is determined to take the opportunity now, irrespective of what the United fans think.

"People will be upset with me in Manchester but that will pass," he added dismissively. "A couple of good goals and people will be happy."

He is wrong. Just as he is wrong to quit United now.

But Ronaldo has made up his mind. And his quest for individual glory is the driving force taking him to Madrid.

WHAT UNITED CAN DO NEXT

The realistic option

Accept that Ronaldo is going and then make sure Real Madrid break the bank to sign him, holding out for the world record price of £70m-plus the Bernabeu side would happily pay to land their man.

UPSIDE

A shedload of money in the bank to finance a summer refit and strengthen the depth of the squad.

DOWNSIDE

The loss of the best player at the club and hope for their domestic and European rivals for the new season.

The dogmatic option

Refuse to bite and stick by their guns, telling Ronaldo and Madrid there is no chance of him leaving and sticking him in the reserves if necessary to make their point, knowing that eventually he would relent.

UPSIDE

Making a point to Real and keeping their star asset out of anybody else's hands.

DOWNSIDE

A disillusioned player likely to ferment problems within the dressing room.

The pragmatic option

Keep Real and Ronaldo hanging on until they get desperate. Meanwhile, recruit three or four players now to get a better squad together and solve the weaknesses at right-back and the front-line leader.

UPSIDE

The purchases are cheaper because United would not have the Ronaldo fee burning a hole in their pocket.

DOWNSIDE

The fans would realise what was going on and kick up a fuss, although most would trust Ferguson to make the right calls.

The romantic option

Fergie sits down with Ronaldo and persuades him he owes it to the United fans to give them one more season, after which the club would not stand in his way. Ronaldo agrees, but expects a huge pay rise.

UPSIDE

Another season with the best player in the world, buying Fergie time to line up his next transfer targets.

DOWNSIDE

Real know he will be theirs so the asking price goes down. Risk of Ronaldo picking up a serious injury over the next season.

Offline d-hawkeye

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo "Shut it Fergie and do the deal"
« Reply #373 on: June 21, 2008, 12:47:03 AM »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/06/21/don-t-walk-away-now-ron-89520-20615944/

DON'T WALK AWAY NOW, RON

EXCLUSIVE WAR AT OLD TRAFFORD AND PEACE AT ANFIELD
United players bombard his mobile with pleas to stay
By Oliver Holt, Chief Sports Writer, And David Anderson   21/06/2008

Manchester United last night launched a desperate all-out battle to stop Cristiano Ronaldo joining Real Madrid.

Senior players bombarded the winger with phone calls and texts, urging him to stay at Old Trafford.

And an angry Sir Alex Ferguson put his authority as manager on the line by telling his men he will not let the Portugal winger go. "Some of the players decided to take matters into their own hands and give Ronaldo a call," said a source close to the team.

"They're not pleading with him, but they reminded him United are the best team in Europe at the moment and wherever he moves, it will be a step down.

"The manager told several players Ronaldo won't be going anywhere. He's been in this situation before with players and has always managed to talk them round."

Ronaldo, who described a move to the Bernabeu as his dream, is prepared to take on Ferguson in his fight to join Real in a world record £50million deal.

"I have to say what I want and what I think," said the 23-year-old, who told of his desire to quit United following Portugal's exit from Euro 2008 on Thursday.

"It's my opinion and that's why I don't mind if people get upset. It's my decision, it's what I want."

Ronaldo has shown he is prepared to play hardball with Ferguson by refusing to take his calls during the tournament.

"I was in a very important competition and we had nothing to say to each other," he added.

Real could make a bid over the weekend, but United reiterated they were "not listening to offers".

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 21, 2008, 07:15:18 AM »
Take the  money, Wesley Sneijder and Robinho.  He seems to forget what happened the last time him and Ruud was in the same team.  Give him his transfer as long as those two players join the Empire.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: June 21, 2008, 09:05:02 AM »
Suppose Sneijder dont want to go? are they going to force him?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #376 on: June 21, 2008, 09:06:39 AM »
Ungrateful, little cry baby.  he probably prefers the atmosphere and league where he can patent a new form of diving???

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 21, 2008, 09:22:08 AM »
Suppose Sneijder dont want to go? are they going to force him?

Its simple, they can get Ronaldo for big money + Wesley + Robinho.

Offline d-hawkeye

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 21, 2008, 09:34:47 AM »
what is ungrateful about wanting to move on.  people change employers for all types of reasons just as employers change staff as and when they want.

Yorke, Beckham, Van Nistelroy.  They were all culled by Fergie. 

Payback is a biatch.........

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 21, 2008, 09:38:14 AM »
Ronaldo has gotten bigger than his ego can handle, ALEX LET THE FU2#$#R GO, United will still beat them in the Champions league, counter offer for Robinho

He want to be the best in the world steeuupss. That is the decision of the fans and your peers which you have no control over wether you are in Old Trafford or Madrid

LET HIM GO, United benching him would be counter productive and or keeping against his will.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 09:50:23 AM by grskywalker »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 21, 2008, 09:45:38 AM »
what is ungrateful about wanting to move on.  people change employers for all types of reasons just as employers change staff as and when they want.

sssssshhhhhhhh!!!!! Hush, dred, doh say dat!!  Dize blasphemy!!! It have some rel company men and apex predators on dis forum who go rel come and tell yuh 'bout yuh johnny-come-lately self. You eh supposed to comeon here wit yuh lil' nine posts and have a divergent opinion. Hurry up and toe the line before yuh get cuss-up rel bad.  :devil:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 21, 2008, 09:47:46 AM »

sssssshhhhhhhh!!!!! Hush, dred, doh say dat!!  Dize blasphemy!!! It have some rel company men and apex predators on dis forum who go rel come and tell yuh 'bout yuh johnny-come-lately self. You eh supposed to comeon here wit yuh lil' nine posts and have a divergent opinion. Hurry up and toe the line before yuh get cuss-up rel bad.  :devil:

MU HA HA  ;D
for those who dont know: MU HA HA = MAN U HATERS ASSOCIATION of HOME and AWAY
of which,
Mango Chow is the CHOW and President.
CHOW=chief heckling officer of the world ;D :D
addendum: Toppa is the VP of MUM......Man U Mamaguy
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 01:21:47 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 21, 2008, 09:57:24 AM »

Not certain about the Yorke issue .... Beckham got caught up in the hype.  As for Ruud.  If you were the manager what you've done?  You forgot his attitude during the Carling Cup final?  Even after the team won?  You forgot there was a bust up between him and Ronaldo? How many trophies the Empire won since Ruud was demoted to Real Madrid As mi say .. let Ronaldo join Real ...reality will eventually set in.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 21, 2008, 09:59:55 AM »

MU HA HA  ;D
for those who dont know: MU HA HA = MAN U HATERS ASSOCIATION of HOME and AWAY
of which, Mango Chow is the CHOW and President.
CHOW=chief heckling officer of the world ;D :D

ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!!! ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 21, 2008, 10:07:22 AM »

but what d cudders month  :devil: Payback what payback . doh rile meh up eh  ;D :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 21, 2008, 10:13:04 AM »

but what d cudders month  :devil: Payback what payback . doh rile meh up eh  ;D :devil:

f**k Ronaldo.... how much winners medals has he achieved outside Manchester United.....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 21, 2008, 10:15:48 AM »

f**k Ronaldo.... how much winners medals has he achieved outside Manchester United.....

exactly
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 21, 2008, 10:17:59 AM »

exactly

... and there will be wailing and gnashing of teeeeeeeeeth..   :devil:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 21, 2008, 10:31:03 AM »

exactly

Allyuh feel Cronaldo chupid? De boy know manu eh have no more CL medals to get. He know dem continental teams (and Chelsea;D) coming to expose he and manu dis season coming (and many more thereafter) whether he stay or go, so he going to a REAL big side now to try to develop his game from all the flash, fireworks and tricks to becoming a REAL, complete,polished, cerebral football player now.
Like Messi. ;D He wants that the next time after this year when is is labeled as "The Best Footballer in the World" and his team does win a CL, that it is justified and irreproachable. The boy actually DOES have a conscience. ;D.  

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 21, 2008, 10:35:11 AM »
Well done Scolari, encouraging the boy to realize his dreams..

Chelsea should give him a bonus.  :D

1]; } ?>