April 29, 2024, 05:34:10 AM

Author Topic: Cristiano Ronaldo Thread.  (Read 129365 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Terry: Ronaldo and United have 'peaked'
« Reply #480 on: August 15, 2008, 01:15:23 PM »
Just another ex United player who is bitter because he will no longer experience the type of success he experienced with United! LOL!
Giggsy11, ya Kicksy no arse :rotfl: :rotfl:
every player that ever left ManBoo is ah shithong :devil: right
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 15, 2008, 01:16:53 PM »

Just another ex United player who is bitter because he will no longer experience the type of success he experienced with United! LOL!

No...you cant talk about United legends like that... Its his opinion... its just up to us to prove him wrong...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 15, 2008, 02:50:54 PM »

nah man, he jus chaining up them chelsea fellas.......giving dem a false sense of security  ::)
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Manchester City plan £135m bid for Cristiano Ronaldo
« Reply #483 on: September 02, 2008, 10:17:45 AM »
Let   the   games begin...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/sep/02/manchestercity.manchesterunited/print

Manchester City plan £135m bid for Cristiano Ronaldo
· Abu Dhabi group also targets Torres and Fábregas
· 'Why not? We are going to be the biggest club in the world'

* Daniel Taylor
    * guardian.co.uk,
    * Tuesday September 02 2008 16:06 BST
    * Article history

Sulaiman Al-Fahim

Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim wants to sign a "minimum 18" players for Manchester City. Photograph: Chris Weeks/AP

Manchester City's new billionaire owners are planning a world-record £135m bid for Cristiano Ronaldo in the January transfer window before turning their sights to, among others, Fernando Torres of Liverpool and Cesc Fábregas of Arsenal. "Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious," said Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim, of the Abu Dhabi United Group.

Al-Fahim also re-iterated that he would investigate the potential availability of the former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry, Valencia's David Villa and the former Brazil international Ronaldo to join Robinho in a "dream team" that would be able to challenge for the Champions League within two or three years.

However, he identified United's Ronaldo as the biggest challenge for the billionaire tycoons, backed by members of the United Arab Emirates royal family, who have taken control of the club from Thaksin Shinawatra. "Real Madrid were estimating his value at $160m (£90m) but for a player like that, to actually get him, will cost a lot more; I would think $240m (£135m). But why not? We are going to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than both Real Madrid and Manchester United."

In all probability, City's chances of persuading Ronaldo to forget about moving to Real Madrid and decide instead to swap Old Trafford for Eastlands - or 'Middle Eastlands', as some City fans have started referring to it - are, at best, miniscule. Yet City's remarkable signing of Robinho from Real Madrid, for a British record £32.5m, just before Sunday's transfer deadline has already sent shockwaves through the sport, and Al-Fahim insisted the club would be willing to pay United three times the world transfer record, set in 2001 when Zinedine Zidane moved from Juventus to Real Madrid. "We want a team who can win the Champions League," he added.

Al-Fahim also confirmed that Torres and Fábregas were among his targets as City look to bring in a "minimum 18" players. "We're not just going to spend money on anyone, but if we can get the biggest players in the world, and of course if the manager wants them, then we will get them," he said.

Robinho arrived in London on Tuesday for a brief meeting with Mark Hughes to conclude the transfer - even though he has yet to take the usually routine medical examination - before flying out to join up with the Brazil national squad for Monday's World Cup qualifier against Chile. The 24-year-old has agreed a four-year contract that makes him the highest-paid footballer in the history of the game, with a weekly salary of £160,000.

Ronaldo could conceivably be offered twice that amount but it could also be argued that City's pursuit of the twice footballer-of-the-year also demonstrates a degree of naivety on the part of the new owners. United's reaction was one of bemusement, a spokesman saying "we have made it clear all summer that Cristiano is not for sale".
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester City plan £135m bid for Cristiano Ronaldo
« Reply #484 on: September 02, 2008, 10:19:16 AM »
LOL  ireal laugh when i saw this earlier

HYFMC

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 02, 2008, 10:31:09 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 02, 2008, 10:40:43 AM »
where this Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim get all this money from so? al quaida?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 02, 2008, 10:47:21 AM »
OIL MONEY
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 02, 2008, 10:54:36 AM »
Men quakin... 8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 02, 2008, 11:14:30 AM »
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 02, 2008, 11:15:40 AM »
once I read he looking to bring in Henry and the original Ronaldo, I realize this article is either real shi* or this fella is ah idiot. Either way, manCity looking to splash de cash. EPL is real drama this rounds

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 02, 2008, 11:18:48 AM »
Madness.. lol

at least Chelsea does pretend they have a youth system and a long term plan for self sufficiency..

these fellahs eh rampin nice at all!

oh what it must be like to be an upcoming youth player in the Man City youth system now.  Move aside Michael Johnson and Stephen Ireland!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 02, 2008, 11:24:16 AM »
AC Milan confirm strong Ronaldo interest
Manchester City are favourites to sign free agent Ronaldo with the player's former club AC Milan suggesting a move is imminent.

By Matt Lawless
Telegraph.co.uk

Brazil striker Ronaldo has been linked with a transfer to Manchester City upon his return from a serious knee injury in November.

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani openly discussed the possibility of his former player joining City on Italian television station, Sky Sports Italia.

"Ronaldo to Manchester City? It's all true. A very good friend of mine who is a Brazilian football expert confirmed it to me," he said.

The World Cup winner and three-times World Footballer of the Year was released by Milan after he sustained a career threatening knee injury against Livorno last February.

Ronaldo, who has scored 76 goals in 112 international appearances, expects to be ready to return to action in November and is reportedly hungry to prove his natural goal scoring qualities again at the top level.

Indeed, a move to Eastlands could provide the perfect respite for the troubled forward looking to salvage his former reputation, at club who are longing for a world class arrival.

City executive chairman, Garry Cook revealed last week that he hopes to sign a 'superstar' in their effort to build the club as a global brand.

He said: "I've got to change the culture here. Today you can grow quicker than it took Manchester United. We just need a superstar.

"We are a global franchise entity. We told [manager] Mark Hughes not to come here if he thought we didn't need a superstar."

Ronaldo is currently recovering from a serious knee injury which threatened to bring his illustrious career to an end.

It is understood that City, who missed out the signing of compatriot Ronaldinho to Milan earlier this summer but have acquired Robinho from Real Madrid, have held informal discussions with Ronaldo. But the 31-year-old has been told to first prove his fitness amid concerns over his weight.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 02, 2008, 11:27:33 AM »
Madness.. lol

at least Chelsea does pretend they have a youth system and a long term plan for self sufficiency..

these fellahs eh rampin nice at all!

oh what it must be like to be an upcoming youth player in the Man City youth system now.  Move aside Michael Johnson and Stephen Ireland!

Good one  :D look for every player on planet earth to be linked with Citeh now... a lot of money to be made by agents...

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 02, 2008, 12:03:04 PM »
from wha i see, the good dr. who now own MCFC claim tomake he $ in 2 yrs of real estate development.

look him here working the hollywood circuit.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #495 on: September 02, 2008, 12:37:52 PM »
The man wrap he arm round the Sanchez gyul waist yes.

I wonder hwt going on behind Demi Noore back there.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 02, 2008, 12:44:09 PM »

She try to wrap she arm rong he too but she only mek it to de middle a he back.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 02, 2008, 12:46:46 PM »

he checking d merchandise to see if they worthy of purchasing. i doh think he like all dem wrinkle on tantie demi neck.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 02, 2008, 12:53:48 PM »
another reason why an electric car is needed... ;) ;)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 02, 2008, 01:59:02 PM »
ah could play central midfield... 100 pounds ah week...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Ronaldo Wins FIFPro Player Award
« Reply #500 on: October 27, 2008, 08:49:16 AM »
Cristiano Ronaldo has been named as the FIFPro World Player of the Year while English and Spanish football dominated the Team of the Season with only Kaká coming from Serie A.
The Portuguese forward was honoured for his incredible season that saw him lead Manchester United's push towards the title and the Champions League trophy against Chelsea in Moscow.

FIFPro, the world players' union, saw it's 57,500 members around the globe vote and Ronaldo came out on top and he was clearly delighted to win what could be the first of several individual honours.

“To be recognized by my fellow professional players worldwide coming from over 50,000 players is amazing," he told the FIFPro official website.

"I would like to thank my teammates and coaches and everyone involved at Manchester United and the national team, as well as my family and friends for their support.

"Thank you also to FIFPro for this award and for your work in protecting the interests and welfare of players around the world."

The team award saw Barcelona have three players included in the eleven with Carles Puyol, Xavi Hernández and Lionel Messi, while Real Madrid, Liverpool and Manchester United contributed two apiece.

FIFPro World XI:

Goalkeeper – Iker Casillas (Spain/ Real Madrid)

Defenders – Sergio Ramos (Spain/ Real Madrid), John Terry (England/ Chelsea), Carles Puyol (Spain/ Barcelona) and Rio Ferdinand (England/ Manchester United)

Midfielders - Steven Gerrard (England/ Liverpool), Xavi (Spain/ Barcelona) and Ricardo Kaká (Brazil/AC Milan).

Forwards – Lionel Messi (Argentina/ Barcelona), Fernando Torres (Spain/ Liverpool), and Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/ Manchester United).

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo Wins FIFPro Player Award
« Reply #501 on: October 27, 2008, 08:59:22 AM »

FIFPro World XI:

Defenders – Sergio Ramos (Spain/ Real Madrid), John Terry (England/ Chelsea), Carles Puyol (Spain/ Barcelona) and Rio Ferdinand (England/ Manchester United)

Midfielders - Steven Gerrard (England/ Liverpool), Xavi (Spain/ Barcelona) and Ricardo Kaká (Brazil/AC Milan).

Forwards – Lionel Messi (Argentina/ Barcelona), Fernando Torres (Spain/ Liverpool), and Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/ Manchester United).

Well Deserved for Ronaldo

but my changes in that XI would be : Van der Sar for Casillas....Evra for Pulyol and Lampard for Kaka

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #502 on: October 27, 2008, 09:05:20 AM »

FIFPro World XI:

but my changes in that XI would be : Van der Sar for Casillas....Evra for Pulyol and Lampard for Kaka

Lampard for Kaka?  You on drugs.

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 27, 2008, 09:27:22 AM »

FIFPro World XI:

Lampard for Kaka?  You on drugs.

What did Kaka do to deserve that spot on the team?....he was awful during the 07-08 season

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 27, 2008, 09:44:55 AM »
Is Ronaldo a Forward? Winger? or Attacking Mid? or all of the above?  ??? Serious question.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 27, 2008, 09:46:06 AM »

FIFPro World XI:

No doubt in my mind Ronaldo was going to win it.

noone will pick the same 11....BUT

Doh agree with Puyol or Sergio Ramos in that defense. I felt Ramos' immaturity was exposed towards the end of last season, although I like the player and think he has great potential. But Puyol. Strong consistent player..but if You have Terry and Rio in there, that means you picking Puyol as a wing back? Nah..I agree with yuh..Evra hadda be in there. Replace Ramos with Maicon. He was picture perfect with Inter last year. Doh really agree with Terry either. I like Carvalho better, but if I recall, he did have some injury woes last season. Still, Rio is the only man I think fully deserve to be in the back line.

Three midfielders..too many good permutations. But I wouldn't replace kaka with Lamps, cuz I think they too different. Lamps and Gerrard fighting for the same position (in my version of the 11  ;D) and Gerrard better imo. Xavi had a decent season last year with some game winning performances at club level when barca was struggling..BUT he really make that 11 after running the route at Euro 2008. What is the cutoff anyway? Kaka probably making dat side on name/talent alone. Attacking mids like David Silva, Andres Iniesta and maybe a couple others shone brighter last season. I'd even put his Milan teammate Seedorf in there before Kaka. But if you put Xavi as the central organizer, Gerrard to play box to box, then my third would be Marcos Senna, to lend a little steel in the middle.

I leaving the forward line just so.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 27, 2008, 10:01:04 AM »
without fabregas that side is shyt
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 27, 2008, 10:06:58 AM »
Rio Ferdinand  ??? ??? you have to be joking.

When did Ronaldo become a forward? That alone show they eh know what they doing.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 27, 2008, 10:20:52 AM »
look how things change. only 2 south american.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 27, 2008, 11:12:55 AM »
Rio Ferdinand  ??? ??? you have to be joking.

When did Ronaldo become a forward? That alone show they eh know what they doing.

Ronaldo was used as a forward a lot last season. Lots of players don't fit outdated ideas of positions. C. Ronaldo can operate as a forward, midfielder, or a hybrid. No sense taking it that serious anyway. Look they pick Puyol in a side with Terry and Rio. Which one of those three was really one of the best wing backs last year  ???

1]; } ?>