April 27, 2024, 11:10:23 PM

Author Topic: Cristiano Ronaldo Thread.  (Read 129135 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo's exit inevitable
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2007, 06:05:07 PM »
Peong, where does most of the Spanish national team select from, which league. Plus which league does most of England's national team come from? Whose national team is more successful?

Your name is Peong so you like to see man hold de ball for long periods. Sometimes all that is what you see in La Liga, while they have great attacking dey have poor defenders! Sorry, too many high scoring games. Not enough physicality, not enough speed in La Liga! Only two teams really attract the world's best players in Spain. I watched Real Madrid last 2 games and was bored the hell outa my mind, Bayer should have not made such easy mistakes. Plus you rely on Beckham to win games for you? Come on....!

Is down to what yuh like. There are too many different factors you can look at for each respective "Big Three" league, and if yuh biased, you can easily twist these factors to suit your agenda.

Example, dctrini yuh say La Liga doh have enough speed and physicality  thus it inferior to EPL. What if you looked at creativity, improvisation, player technique, and flowing football revolving around a midfield and skilful wingers? EPL have nothing on La Liga in this aspect.  Or if you looked at defensive prowess, individual-centered and more structure, Serie A taking that...

All are legitimate aspects and each league is different. Some ppl does take de joy out of football when they constantly comparing the different leagues, playing on stereotypes and consistently categorizing, as if to from a hierarchy or something. Just because yuh team playing dey doh make it the best.

Even if you look at recent CL results you will see that a team from a different league wins it every year: Bayern Munich (2000), Madrid (2001), AC Milan (2002), FC Porto (2003), Liverpool (2005), Barcelona (2006)

Past history doh count, because it have teams like Nottingham Forest, and all kinda Hamburger and Red Star Belgrade winning the CL...where those teams at now?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 06:07:23 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2007, 06:16:36 PM »
Peong, where does most of the Spanish national team select from, which league. Plus which league does most of England's national team come from? Whose national team is more successful?

Your name is Peong so you like to see man hold de ball for long periods. Sometimes all that is what you see in La Liga, while they have great attacking dey have poor defenders! Sorry, too many high scoring games. Not enough physicality, not enough speed in La Liga! Only two teams really attract the world's best players in Spain. I watched Real Madrid last 2 games and was bored the hell outa my mind, Bayer should have not made such easy mistakes. Plus you rely on Beckham to win games for you? Come on....!

Is down to what yuh like. There are too many different factors you can look at for each respective "Big Three" league, and if yuh biased, you can easily twist these factors to suit your agenda.

Example, dctrini yuh say La Liga doh have enough speed and physicality  thus it inferior to EPL. What if you looked at creativity, improvisation, player technique, and flowing football revolving around a midfield and skilful wingers? EPL have nothing on La Liga in this aspect.  Or if you looked at defensive prowess, individual-centered and more structure, Serie A taking that...

All are legitimate aspects and each league is different. Some ppl does take de joy out of football when they constantly comparing the different leagues, playing on stereotypes and consistently categorizing, as if to from a hierarchy or something. Just because yuh team playing dey doh make it the best.

Even if you look at recent CL results you will see that a team from a different league wins it every year: Bayern Munich (2000), Madrid (2001), AC Milan (2002), FC Porto (2003), Liverpool (2005), Barcelona (2006)

Past history doh count, because it have teams like Nottingham Forest, and all kinda Hamburger and Red Star Belgrade winning the CL...where those teams at now?

Grande Man yuh bring up good points, but I am not afraid to say that i am narrow minded. When I played intercol I played like the English, when I reach the states, I beat up enough man skillfully and physically playing the English style, cause i grow up watching de English league. I must be biased. I following Man U since I was a boy. So I factor in all that I like about that league in it for it to be de best. Plus who say what, De Socawarriors is primarily an English team because we players plying their trade where else but there. So I must prefer de league over all!

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2007, 06:30:18 PM »
oh god only one man can help us and he is at the stadium of light controlin the midfield :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2007, 06:50:44 PM »

Grande Man yuh bring up good points, but I am not afraid to say that i am narrow minded. When I played intercol I played like the English, when I reach the states, I beat up enough man skillfully and physically playing the English style, cause i grow up watching de English league. I must be biased. I following Man U since I was a boy. So I factor in all that I like about that league in it for it to be de best. Plus who say what, De Socawarriors is primarily an English team because we players plying their trade where else but there. So I must prefer de league over all!

Dctrini if the English style and English league is all yuh know, then it not fair to compare it to others in order to proclaim it as the best in the world...just say yuh like it and leave it so  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2007, 07:09:16 PM »

Dctrini if the English style and English league is all yuh know, then it not fair to compare it to others in order to proclaim it as the best in the world...just say yuh like it and leave it so  :beermug:

Grande I love de English style  ;D

:beermug: to football all around de world!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2007, 08:03:10 PM »

Let me start by saying that I am a big fan of the English League and used to be a big fan of England.

That being said nothing that you say there makes sense.

Saying that England is better than Spain is like saying that 7th place is better than 8th place. Both of them are disappointments when tournament time comes around. Spain win a European championship at home, England win a WC at home. Both over 40 years ago and have done nothing since.

Only two teams draw big players in Spain? Even if you believe that incorrect statement, which team in England drawing the likes of Maradona, Zidane, Figo, Stoichkov, Hagi, Romario, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo in their prime? You can't even compare players unless you really believe that Lampard and Co. are the world's best.

Just because you like something doesn't make it the best.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2007, 08:17:08 PM »

Let me start by saying that I am a big fan of the English League and used to be a big fan of England.

That being said nothing that you say there makes sense.

Saying that England is better than Spain is like saying that 7th place is better than 8th place. Both of them are disappointments when tournament time comes around. Spain win a European championship at home, England win a WC at home. Both over 40 years ago and have done nothing since.

Only two teams draw big players in Spain? Even if you believe that incorrect statement, which team in England drawing the likes of Maradona, Zidane, Figo, Stoichkov, Hagi, Romario, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo in their prime? You can't even compare players unless you really believe that Lampard and Co. are the world's best.

Just because you like something doesn't make it the best.

Did we not establish my narrow mindedness of my love for the EPL.

EPL is de best in my opinion, I doh care about la liga and all de names!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2007, 08:40:06 PM »
Did we not establish my narrow mindedness of my love for the EPL.

EPL is de best in my opinion, I doh care about la liga and all de names!

You were the one who tried to compare the two national teams and the quality of players in the respective Leagues. I just pointed out the flaws in both of those comparisons.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2007, 09:03:41 PM »
quaresma better than cristiano
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2007, 09:09:37 PM »

big steups.

Quaresma was rated better than ROnaldo as ayouth but his development took a backward step when he couldn't cut it at Barcelona.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2007, 10:28:40 PM »
Steups...It eh take a rocket scientist to know La Liga's the best league in Europe............ And me eh bias cuz im a AC Milan fella........
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2007, 10:37:23 PM »
it eh makin sense for him tuh go madrid
1. dey might not make champions league next year
2. he and ruud eh d best of friends
3. capello is ah goat
4. why leave a sucessful club to go to one that shittin on dey selffor the past two years

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2007, 11:44:43 PM »
No problem. In return we'll take Robinho and a cool 10mil.
Dat sound about right. ;D

Ah hate de end result but ah like yuh logic!!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2007, 04:39:40 AM »

he good  but he is a CR7 of 2 years ago.. immature

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
C.Ronaldo opens contract talks with United
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2007, 01:13:35 PM »
Here Andre Samuel.. read some offical news.. not your tribal football speculation...

Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo has opened talks with Manchester United on extending his contract.

But the 22-year-old, whose current deal expires in 2010, repeated his desire to play in Spain one day.

"We have talked and I hope to reach agreement as soon as possible," he told Portuguese radio station Antena 1.

"Nothing has been decided yet and I would like to stay. I would like to play in Spain one day, but I am happy here at Manchester."

United would be keen to tie down a player manager Sir Alex Ferguson has described as the best player in the world.

Ronaldo has been subject of speculation linking him with an end-of-season move to either Real Madrid or Barcelona.

He added: "You can never be certain of anything in life but I am happy here and I want to stay here. In football there are no guarantees.

"If I don't leave now, if I leave in two, three, four, five years I would be happy, I am at a great club."

Ronaldo joined United from Sporting Lisbon for £12m in August 2003, on a five-year contract which he extended by a further two years in November 2005.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6431151.stm

other websites: skysports.com   manutd.com   soccernet.com

NOT TRIBAL FOOTBALL.COM

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: C.Ronaldo opens contract talks with United
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2007, 01:22:05 PM »
 :applause:  :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cristiano Ronaldo Thread.
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2007, 06:58:55 AM »
Cristiano Ronaldo is playing Brilliant this Year but I still think he is a filthy diver....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEXeMIYy6OY

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 06:30:58 AM by Flex »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo the boss
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2007, 08:36:51 AM »
This compilation still missing a few clips...like the nasty and unnecessary elbow he res' on an Iraqi player in the last olympics that left the man in a bloody mess and a possibly broken nose......something he should have gotten red-carded for.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
C Ronaldo best in the World??????
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2007, 08:00:15 AM »
This article takes a swipe at ManU's Golden Boy

Cristiano Ronaldo: World’s Best Player? You’re Having A Laugh

Posted on Wednesday, March 14th, 2007
Filed under: Extra Time, Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United, Middlesbrough, Arsenal, Premiership, CaughtOffside Opinion, Watford, Andy Gray, General Football and Soccer, Champions League, Ryan
Ryan isn’t convinced the Premiership’s most creepily well-groomed player is worthy of the hype (yet).

Saturday’s replay-salvaging penalty against Middlesboro saw the much-vaunted Portuguese winger score his 17th goal in all competitions in this his annus mirabilis. He’s having the season of his young career, and the propaganda machine at the self-styled ‘Theatre of Dreams’ has been wheeled out to laud him as “the best player in the World” relentlessly over the last few weeks.

A cynic might suggest that they’re trying to trump up his market valuation should the indecisive winger opt to ‘do one’ over the summer. A United fan on the other hand would only be too willing to remind us all that there’s another 10-15 games left in the season for them, which could lead to his already-impressive stats finishing up as glorified cricket scores.

That’s the problem with him, and United specifically; contrived nonsense interchanges with actual fact so often it’s hard to make out the wood for the trees. Here’s what we definitely know about him…

• 174 games for Manchester United, 43 goals. Approximately 1 goal every 4 games.
• 27 European Games, not one goal. In 4 years of Champions League football, he’s yet to score. Roy Keane had 14 for United.
• 26 League games this season, 16 goals.
• Of his 16 goals, not one has come against Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal
• In fact, he’s never scored a goal against Liverpool or Chelsea in his career
• 14 International goals, of which only 1 came at the World Cup. Against the mighty Iran. From a penalty.
• He dives.

So, he’s scored 16 goals this season (the only time he’s ever done so in his career), all of which have come against opposition outside of the Top four. He hasn’t managed one goal in the Champions League, he’s come off the back of a less-than-impressive World Cup, hasn’t won a trophy for two years, but he’s still the “best player in the World”.

Right.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: C Ronaldo best in the World??????
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2007, 08:57:03 AM »
That's why Man U pay Roma to let Ronaldo score a couple.

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2007, 09:51:07 AM »
Peong, does a player have to score to be considered the best?  Cannavaro won World player of the year, how many goals did he score?  In the CL,
1.when The Empire beat Benfica in Portugal, who did all the dribble to set up Saha?
2. When Liile was being stubborn at O.T., who played with 2 defenders then put the ball on Larsson's head?
3. In Rome, who dismissed 3 defenders then released Ole, who crossed the ball to Rooney?

He might not score, but the boy has been having a serious impact on behalf of the TEAM!

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2007, 09:52:49 AM »
Observer, here is a better article on the subject.  That one you posted was written by some Liverpool hayter.

Ronaldo - Simply the best?[/b] Dominic Raynor
Archive

Galactico-chasing Real Madrid were willing to part with a world record transfer fee of £54million for his services and Manchester United countered the interest to agree a massive £140,000 per week deal and secure the player's remarkable talent for the next five years.

CliveRose/GettyImages
Ronaldo: Man of the moment

His Manchester United team-mates unanimously hail him as the best player in the world and his two goals in the 7-1 thrashing of AS Roma in the quarter-finals of the Champions League helped send shockwaves around Europe and draw comparisons with the legendary George Best. He is, of course, Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro.

His more enamoured admirers have gone as far as to compare the 22-year-old with Maradona and Pele, whilst his detractors have dismissed the pacy winger as nothing more than an overrated, diving show-pony. What is certain is that his most important assessor, Sir Alex Ferguson, has done all in his power to keep the the player he dubbed a 'phenomenon' at Old Trafford since he beat the likes of Real Madrid and Juventus to the Portugal international's signature in the summer of 2003.

United's scouts had been tracking the Sporting Lisbon youngster a year prior to the transfer but a bamboozling performance against his future team-mates in pre-season left them drooling and persuaded Ferguson to shell out £12.24million for the 18-year-old, then a British record for a teenager, using the cash from the sale of David Beckham to Real Madrid.

Ferguson put so much stock in Ronaldo's ability that he also handed him Beckham's No.7 shirt, a number steeped in history at Old Trafford, and effectively announced Ronaldo as the England captain's successor.

Since then Ferguson has shown absolute faith in Ronaldo's ability and ensured nothing, inculding other players, have unsettled the former Marítimo and CD Nacional starlet. Following star striker Ruud Van Nistelrooy's alleged training ground bust up with Ronaldo it was United's record-breaking top-scorer that was shipped out to Real Madrid for £19m, not the young pretender.

The United manager was also at hand following the 2006 'World Cup winker' incident which made Ronaldo public enemy number one in England. The media storm following Wayne Rooney's sending off in the quarter-final resulted in the winger publicly stating he wanted to quit the Premiership and move to Spain.

Ferguson again smoothed the way, persuading Ronaldo to stay and the winger has responded this season by realising the undoubted potential his manager had always placed his faith in.

Previously criticised as a skillful individual rather than a team player Ronaldo has developed into the latter and has provided his colleagues with 20 assists this term. This new appreciation of his team-mates was highlighted most recently by the pass that allowed Michael Carrick to open the scoring against Roma. In previous years Ronaldo would have gone for goal himself.

Allied to this advancement in mindfulness is a huge improvement in decision making. Whilst last term his flicks and tricks would often lead to the loss of possession, or leave the winger isolated down a blind alley, Ronaldo has now added an end product to his game and thereby eradicated another of his perceived weaknesses.

The Madeira-born player's pace and trickery have always been his most obvious mode of attack but he has added an even more decisive weapon to his armoury; goals. At the beginning of the season Ferguson proposed a wager with Ronaldo that he couldn't score 15 goals during the 2006/07 campaign. With over a month of the season remaining the winger has scored 20 times and lies second in the Premiership goalscorer charts, with 16 strikes.

His ability to use either foot makes him equally effective on both flanks and with all these advancements in his game Ronaldo has rightly received lavish plaudits. But is he the best player in the world as an increasing amount of suitors claim?

Well, looking around the big leagues of Europe, who have provided every winner of the official FIFA World Player of the Year Award since 1990, there are not too many realistic challengers.

• The Dutch Eriedivisie has only provided one winner in the award's short history and that was Brazilian striker Ronaldo who spent time at PSV Eindhoven during his 1996 triumph. This season PSV again provide the Dutch league's most highly-rated player in defender Alex but he is unlikely to get many votes, despite his obvious worth to PSV. Since early March, when the Brazilian was sidelined with a hamstring injury, his club have capitulated in the quarter-final of the Champions League and have frittered away a 12-point lead in the league.

• Ligue 1 has never supplied a winner and looks unlikely to do so this season with no French club advancing past the last 16 of the Champions League - a factor that seems to be hugely influential in determining the destination of FIFA's gong. Although newly-promoted Valenciennes' journeyman striker Steve Savidan is the leading scorer and winning rave reviews from French journalists Marseille's 24-year-old winger Frank Ribery continues to be Ligue 1's prize asset, at least until the France international joins Arsenal.

Lyon's Juninho remains the form player in France and the Brazilian's ability to score vital free-kicks remains an integral part of the league leader's push for a consecutive sixth title. However, he's known in France as 'Monsieur 50-50' because he misses as many as he scores and this dents his credentials.

• In Spain, the Primera Division has been denied the talents of African striker Samuel Eto'o for the majority of the season and with two-time world Player of the Year Ronaldinho off colour and current holder Fabio Cannavaro suffering something of an annus horribilis at Real Madrid the spotlight falls on title challengers Sevilla.

Former Tottenham striker Freddie Kanoute is leading the scoring charts but it is his versatile team-mate Daniel Alves da Silva that is winning all the plaudits. In 2006 the Brazilian full-back/winger was voted the most valuable player as Sevilla triumphed in both the UEFA Cup and UEFA Super Cup finals. Spanish powerhouses Barcelona and Real Madrid, who between them have provided or snapped-up 10 of the 16 previous winners, have been battling for the £40m-rated player's signature.

• In Germany opinion is split over who reigns supreme in the Bundesliga. During the winter break, the players themselves voted Werder Bremen's playmaker Diego, yet another Brazilian, the best player in the league. However, since scooping that award the former Santos star, who played alongside Alex, Robinho and Renato in the 2002 Campeonato Brasileiro winning side, has dipped in form, as have his team Werder Bremen.

According to the grades handed out by Kicker magazine after each game, the best player is Schalke goalkeeper Manuel Neuer and the best outfield player is not Diego but Werder team-mate Torsten Frings. Despite the German international's penchant for eye-catching long-range strikes he is not the type of player who gets fans off their seat and so Diego probably edges it as Bundesliga's big cheese.

• In the Premiership a fully fit Thierry Henry, FIFA's runner-up in 2003 and 2004, would no doubt have given Ronaldo a good run for his money, but in his absence newly crowned African Player of the Year Didier Drogba has thrown down the guantlet. The Chelsea striker has improved beyond all recognition from last term and almost single-handedly dragged Chelsea through injury troubles and Andrei Shevchenko's barren spell. He is top goalscorer in the Premiership but is likely to take top honours if Ronaldo's Manchester United win the league title as expected.

• Serie A's outstanding player has been Internazionale striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who has truly elevated his game this year and eliminated some of the inconsistency that has blighted his career. Sweden legend Henrik Larsson insists his compatriot has all the attributes needed to become the best player in the world but often lacks the application and he has been found wanting at international level - an accusation that cannot be levelled at Ronaldo, who has scored 12 goals in his 36 caps.

Francesco Totti has also impressed this season, although this has usually been against the likes of Ascoli, Parma and Torino and AC Milan forward Kaka is never far from the reckoning despite the Rossoneri having an inauspicious league campaign. But the Brazilian international is inevitably at the centre of everything positive that Milan produce, including the recent 2-0 Champions League victory against Bayern Munich in the Allianz Arena. He is probably the most consistent Brazilian in the game and, without being 'samba-fantic', that alone must rank him among the world's best.

So after a whistlestop tour of Europe the challengers to Ronaldo's claim to be the best player in the world appear to number two - Kaka and Drogba. And in the final reckoning the deciding factor will probably come down to whose team wins the Champions League. All three - Manchester United, Milan and Chelsea - are in the semi-finals and until the trophy is lifted on May 23rd the discussion will rumble on.

Ronaldo is certainly amongst the top players in the world and if the 22-year-old progresses as much in the next twelve months as he has in the previous year then there will be no need for debate come 2008. 

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2007, 11:09:24 AM »
What a stupid post Observer...

the man is simply the best.. stop hating and just watch his story unfold...

These Haters boy!

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2007, 11:47:30 AM »
Best in World! hmmm... not sure, sounds a little to absolute of a statement.
BUT ITS NOT TO FAR FROM THE TRUTH!

I would put it this way...

I would say that he is in better form than anyone else in the world right now...
I have not seen anyone else have such a dominating season like him...
Not only his goal scoring, but also his ability to bring his team-mates into the game has been specatular...
He has also scrored in some critical moments this season, Clutch!
The guy has really silenced alot of critics, if he could emulate that form on the international stage consistently that will be his next step up!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 11:51:59 AM by marcus »

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2007, 11:50:59 AM »
Goals does not mean the best. I think the best overall player (or perhaps the best)  is Michael Essien. Essien he can do everything. Can you tell me a player who plays in the top leagues or teams, that goes from center midlfield, to center back to right back etc.. Essien is overlooked. He plays all those positions like he is accustomed to. Next time you watch a Chelsea game just look keep your eye on him.

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2007, 11:59:24 AM »
Goals does not mean the best. I think the best overall player (or perhaps the best)  is Michael Essien. Essien he can do everything. Can you tell me a player who plays in the top leagues or teams, that goes from center midlfield, to center back to right back etc.. Essien is overlooked. He plays all those positions like he is accustomed to. Next time you watch a Chelsea game just look keep your eye on him.

Ever heard of John Oshea?  Not in Essien's class, however, he play defensive mid, cd, rb, lb and keep goal (against Spurs). 

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2007, 12:06:55 PM »
Of course I heard of O Shea. But come on. Well Essien plays those positions he plays them like his own. O'Shea is alright but not even close to Essien. I am sure there are many players like O'Shea that are versatile. But not like Essien. That brotha is consistent.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2007, 12:11:41 PM »
The best player in the world is dependent on who you talk too,all players have strengths and weaknesses,good/bad days,good/bad seasons,this old talk can go on forever as to who is the best and all could have valid reasons why,i might be wrong but my recollection tells me all the players that won FIFA,European etc etc Player of the Year played one position,i don't know why some people don't like to give Jack his jacket,the man is the best at this point in time,i don't see why it's a problem when he don't score because somebody else scores,bottom line Man U wins.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2007, 12:25:13 PM »
Between CR and Drogba me eh know who is the bigger drama-queen. I'm yet to watch one of their games and they eh on the ground with some mystery injury..10 seconds later the fully fit.

CR is ah good player, but best? Ole man Giggs is still the best MANu have. 8)

My fav for this season is Essien..hand down.

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2007, 12:36:26 PM »
Essien is the best player at Chelsea, no argument there.  Reflect on the season and you'll see the impact CR has on his team being on top of the table, in the semis of the CL and the final of the FA Cup. 

As a matter of fact, go back to the Liverpool game at Anfield and the Fulham game.

1]; } ?>