April 27, 2024, 12:12:12 AM

Author Topic: Cristiano Ronaldo Thread.  (Read 128977 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: C Ronaldo to become a legend like Pele and Maradona?
« Reply #630 on: December 20, 2008, 07:17:17 PM »
lol, more of Ferguson BS before he offload a player.
 Ronaldo ent half as good as Scholes or Giggs , 1 more season for him at Manu.
:praying:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 21, 2008, 12:26:51 AM »
The minute he put on a Real Madrid uniform..Sir Alex would be singing a different tune...

p.s I used to hear that "greatest" talk with the other Ronaldo...look where that end up..

Don't understand this statement. Ronaldo Luis Nazário de Lima is the greatest player of his generation & will be considered as one of the greatest footballers of all time.

He is the greatest of all time. 

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 22, 2008, 06:34:39 AM »
The minute he put on a Real Madrid uniform..Sir Alex would be singing a different tune...

p.s I used to hear that "greatest" talk with the other Ronaldo...look where that end up..

Where exactly did that end up? ...... He is possibly in the top ten all time list he is the real Ronaldo ......the other one is a talented cocky lil boy but we just have to wait and see his continued progress .... he is on his way  but I dont think he is going to be as great as people project him to be....... people are always looking for the next pele or maradona and this is no different ..... messi kaka cr ...... good players but no maradonas or peles.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 22, 2008, 07:08:19 AM »
I'm a man u fan but I doh believe in blind support for anyone though matter how seemingly great they're,as for cristiano ronaldo  not even close to becoming a legend.

What has he done to be so exalted, won some championships listen everytime he plays any ball for his country he fails to impress,in my book he's got to mirror everything in his own way of course that those players mentioned did.

Get real folks he ent no pele or maradona......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 22, 2008, 08:18:32 AM »
I'm a man u fan but I doh believe in blind support for anyone though matter how seemingly great they're,as for cristiano ronaldo  not even close to becoming a legend.

What has he done to be so exalted, won some championships listen everytime he plays any ball for his country he fails to impress,in my book he's got to mirror everything in his own way of course that those players mentioned did.

Get real folks he ent no pele or maradona......

Noone says he is at the level of Pele or Maradona. It's simply a question of how good he may get, or how much he may achieve. So fair enough if you don't think he will get to that level. But you take the whole talks outta context.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 22, 2008, 10:11:28 AM »
Chupss...

To mention C. Ronaldo's name along with Pele and Maradonna in the same sentence and also include the
word(s) world best/greatest, is to commit football blasphemy....

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 22, 2008, 03:22:18 PM »
Chupss...

To mention C. Ronaldo's name along with Pele and Maradonna in the same sentence and also include the

I don't even think C. Ronaldo is the world's best right now, but I real curious as to where some people get this untouchable deference for Pele and Maradona. Sure we have some knowledge of them at their peak, and what they did over their entire careers. But can you honestly say that you saw Pele and Maradona play week in and week out when they were 23 years old? Neither Pele nor Maradona were always considered the best players the world has ever seen. At one point they were just potential. C. Ronaldo is only 23 and that's what he is..potential. The most we could do is say we doh think he have the potential to get there. It's really not a discussion of whether he ther now or not. And come nah man..let's stop sipping the haterade for one second. If a 23 year-old trini, played the exact same way, scored 42 goals in one season, helped his team win the League and CL he'd be the best thing in a tugs. We woulda ball murder if he didn't win world and european player of the year. normal normal  ;D

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 03:25:41 PM by Filho »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 25, 2008, 06:39:54 AM »
With thatreply to my post Small Mag

Sstop talking shit...a world cup winners medal doesnt define a player...yes it helps but is not his fault portugal shiitty

You come just as your name implies...........SMALL...

SMALL MAG...if he is truly great he has to be inspiration to his team mates and on that level well he has failed
Great maybe some day but he has not yet attained them levels YET.....AGAIN just my 2 cents

Run up your mouth ........ :rotfl:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 28, 2008, 11:19:15 AM »
Chupss...

I don't even think C. Ronaldo is the world's best right now, but I real curious as to where some people get this untouchable deference for Pele and Maradona. Sure we have some knowledge of them at their peak, and what they did over their entire careers. But can you honestly say that you saw Pele and Maradona play week in and week out when they were 23 years old? Neither Pele nor Maradona were always considered the best players the world has ever seen. At one point they were just potential. C. Ronaldo is only 23 and that's what he is..potential. The most we could do is say we doh think he have the potential to get there. It's really not a discussion of whether he ther now or not. And come nah man..let's stop sipping the haterade for one second. If a 23 year-old trini, played the exact same way, scored 42 goals in one season, helped his team win the League and CL he'd be the best thing in a tugs. We woulda ball murder if he didn't win world and european player of the year. normal normal  ;D

Nah Filho, yuh talkin' shit now.  Merry Christmas.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 28, 2008, 09:25:58 PM »
Chupss...

Nah Filho, yuh talkin' shit now.  Merry Christmas.

which part? merry christmas boss  :beermug:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo- FIFA World Player of the year
« Reply #640 on: January 12, 2009, 02:17:14 PM »
Official...Well Deserved...VIVA RONALDO

« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 03:47:52 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo- FIFA World Player of the year
« Reply #641 on: January 12, 2009, 02:18:08 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

bring on the haters
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 12, 2009, 02:21:09 PM »
small mag yuh love to rub salt in people wound eh. :rotfl:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 12, 2009, 02:25:09 PM »
Who say Messi?

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: January 12, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »
I rate Messi above him all day but ....... 42 goals is 42 goals

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 12, 2009, 02:45:16 PM »
well deserved. but if messi avoid injury for the rest of this season he looking good for the award next year

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 12, 2009, 03:01:41 PM »
Cristiano Ronaldo wins FIFA player of year awardUpdated: January 12, 2009, 3:42 PM ZURICH, Switzerland (AP) - Cristiano Ronaldo won the FIFA World Player of the Year award on Monday to complete a clean sweep of football's top individual honors for 2008.

The 23-year-old Portugal winger was honored for his dominating displays and sparkling goals in leading Manchester United to both the Premier League and Champions League titles in May, receiving 935 votes in a worldwide poll of national team captains and coaches.

The five nominees - Xavi, Fernando Torres, Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Kaka - pose together. (Fabrice Coffrini / Getty Images)

"It is an overwhelming moment, a very special moment in my life," Ronaldo said in his acceptance speech. "I would like to say to my mother and sister that the fireworks can be fired off now."

The results were announced by Brazil's all-time great Pele at a ceremony in Zurich, with Barcelona and Argentina midfielder Lionel Messi coming in second with 678 votes, while Liverpool striker Fernando Torres was third with 203.

Brazil's Marta won the women's award for the third year in a row.

Ronaldo became the first player from the English Premier League to win in the award in its 18-year history, after scoring 42 goals in all competitions last season.

Ronaldo was widely expected to receive the honor, after previously winning the Ballon D'Or as European player of the year and World Soccer magazine's player of the year award. Before the award was announced, the orchestra at the Zurich Opera House even gave a not-so-subtle hint by playing an aria from Handel's "Rinaldo."

AC Milan playmaker Kaka, last year's winner, and Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernandez were also finalists for the award.

Ronaldo is the second Portuguese player to win the title following Luis Figo in 2001, when David Beckham - who also wore the No. 7 shirt for Manchester United - was runner-up.

"It is a dream for me to get this prize because I want to bring the team and my country forward," Ronaldo said. "I would like to dedicate it to my family. This is the most important thing to me."

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 12, 2009, 03:05:08 PM »
'Ronaldo became the first player from the English Premier League to win in the award in its 18-year history'

:o
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 12, 2009, 03:08:46 PM »
really dont think that they was any doubt who would have been the plyer of the year based on what his team achieved and how much  he dominated but the fact that some ppl would have thrown messi's name in the mix really shows how great he is.

that was ronaldo's year.......... a no brainer in my books
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 12, 2009, 03:20:27 PM »
congrats to ronaldo. great year he had LAST YEAR. we will see if he can duplicate those performances this year and compete with messi!!!  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 12, 2009, 03:52:32 PM »
Xavi...class

I've always thought that individual awards in a team sport are kind of a joke and  should be taken for what they are worth. If C. Ronaldo played the exact same way but the rest of the ManU squad were not up to it and the squad didn't win anything, he would be less likely to have won any awards. Same player, same performance. Also, if you don't play in Italy, Spain or England..good luck. Not impossible..but take Deco. He led Porto to European and domestic glory two years in a row. In 2004 he was voted the best player at Porto, who won the UEFA Champion's League and domestic title. He was voted the Champion's League MVP and UEFA Midfield player of the year and helped Portugal finish runner's up in the European Championships and de man couldn't even finish top 3 in World Player of the year and he didn't win the Ballon D'or. I doh care either way, but I'm guessing you cyah do that with a La Liga/ Serie A/or EPL squad and not take home at least one major individual honor. sorry boss..wrong league.

But it is what it is..and like him or not, C. Ronaldo is a boss and one of the real standout players of 2008. Hard to say who would 'deserve' individual honors more than him.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 03:55:42 PM by Filho »

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 12, 2009, 03:59:31 PM »
Xavi...class

I've always thought that individual awards in a team sport are kind of a joke and  should be taken for what they are worth. If C. Ronaldo played the exact same way but the rest of the ManU squad were not up to it and the squad didn't win anything, he would be less likely to have won any awards. Same player, same performance. Also, if you don't play in Italy, Spain or England..good luck. Not impossible..but take Deco. He led Porto to European and domestic glory two years in a row. In 2004 he was voted the best player at Porto, who won the UEFA Champion's League and domestic title. He was voted the Champion's League MVP and UEFA Midfield player of the year and helped Portugal finish runner's up in the European Championships and de man couldn't even finish top 3 in World Player of the year and he didn't win the Ballon D'or. I doh care either way, but I'm guessing you cyah do that with a La Liga/ Serie A/or EPL squad and not take home at least one major individual honor. sorry boss..wrong league.

But it is what it is..and like him or not, C. Ronaldo is a boss and one of the real standout players of 2008. Hard to say who would 'deserve' individual honors more than him.

well put Filho! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 12, 2009, 04:00:35 PM »
When Ronaldo scored 42 goals wasn't it in the 07-08 season? Is that the year they awrding for?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 12, 2009, 04:03:24 PM »
Xavi...class

Yep.. and to follow up on that it is infinitely harder for a goalkeeper or defender to win an individual award in any given season.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 12, 2009, 07:15:52 PM »
well deserved. but if messi avoid injury for the rest of this season he looking good for the award next year

steups.......here we go again.
(Muslim)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 12, 2009, 08:11:06 PM »
Xavi...class

Yep.. and to follow up on that it is infinitely harder for a goalkeeper or defender to win an individual award in any given season.

Or even harder for a player outside of UEFA to win it no matter the position, so is it REALLY a legitimate award, giving legitimate consideration to all players?

cronaldo wants to win awards, Messi wins tournaments and medals.     

There was never a doubt as to who would win this award, but there is no doubt in my mind who is really the best footballer in the world.  I can accept the current reality.

giggsy11

« Reply #657 on: January 12, 2009, 08:50:17 PM »
Xavi...class

Or even harder for a player outside of UEFA to win it no matter the position, so is it REALLY a legitimate award, giving legitimate consideration to all players?

There was never a doubt as to who would win this award, but there is no doubt in my mind who is really the best footballer in the world.  I can accept the current reality.

Tut tut Messi worshiper they are both winners of tournaments and medals! Hey I aint no Ronaldo apologist , his attitude is shit, which I say gives Messi the edge today. Ronaldo gets his head and attitude right I would take him over Messi any day because he can affect a game using either foot or his head. Messi looks more impressive when he making moves because he is shorter and has a lower sense of gravity. One of these days he will be forced to use that wooden peg he calls a right foot! I also suspect a lot of people are turned off by Ronaldo like I am based on how he carries and handles himself.  New season and he has to prove himself over again. Oh yeah Messi didn't pick him in his world 11, he picked Rooney and Xavier.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:03:01 PM by giggsy11 »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 12, 2009, 08:56:08 PM »

oh oh, i feel u pull a "rafa" on we there.

unless he win a medal for a spitting contest?  :o
(Muslim)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 12, 2009, 09:51:32 PM »

oh oh, i feel u pull a "rafa" on we there.

unless he win a medal for a spitting contest?  :o

Nah, I eh like rafa or Liverpool, either........But I would definitely pick Torres over allyuh wonder boy, too......

But Messi practically dismantled the competition and was the main reason Argentina won the Youth World cup in '05.  Nigeria did, IMHO, outplay them in hte final and was robbed to have lost, but Messi was in the thick of their accomplishments. He also did more than his fair share to win them their Olympic gold medal last year.....and he ain't doing what he does on the field just to win awards.....but he have plenty more coming his way!  The best thing cronaldo is known for in the Olympics is that elbow he threw at that Iraqi player that left him a bloody mess.     

1]; } ?>