April 19, 2024, 03:21:54 AM

Author Topic: Cristiano Ronaldo Thread.  (Read 128452 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo transfer costly for United, Madrid
« Reply #810 on: April 12, 2010, 11:18:29 AM »
He was the best player in the World...Madrid wanted him..he wanted them... would we keep an unhappy player and risk dressing room unrest? No way..If you want to go..then go.

Yes we've suffered this season because we've missed him but that's not his fault..that's the Glazers and Fergie's fault..with their shallow pockets and Fergs old school thinking...somebody needs to give him a lesson on inflation and remind him we live in 2010 and it's not the 90's where we can get good deals for big experienced players who will give us the impact we need...

Hopefully he realises that now as United have hit the Empty sign on their fuel in the most important period of the season...something we never do

Pathetic end to the season...

Small Mag i really think that Manu made the right move in selling Ronaldo. At the time, they were in massive debt, and Ronaldo was becoming (or became if you read some other reports) a problem in the locker room. The mistake Manu made was not finding an adequate strike partner for Rooney. Mind you, I never said find a replacement for Ronaldo because truth be told, you cannot replace his talent. Because of his departure, Rooney has flourished into the world class player he has destined to be, Nani has shown glimpses of being the outstanding talent he is, and several youth players were able to get a chance that may not have developed if CR9 was there causing problems. Outside of finding a goal scorer I think Manu did the right thing. On d other hand, Real did the wrong thing thinking that he was going to be the player to carry them to the promise land. Real have bigger problems than there attack. There midfield isnt strong at all, especially on the defensive front, and there defense is quite suspect. Hopefully they will address those in the off season, but Manu did the right thing at that time in selling him IMO. :beermug:

Yea United did the right thing..Fergie always boasts we got 6 years out of him..which he found an amazing achievement due to Cristiano's desire to go Madrid.. He had to go

As for strike partner for Rooney...4-4-2 seems to be dead at United...which is a shame because Berbatov's creativity really shows in a 4-4-2 when we use 2 natural wingers and Wazza as the his strike partner...watch the highlights..Berba is always involved in either a goal or any chance we create.. be it assist or assisting the assist or the rare goal....For the life of me I dont understand why we dont use it more often..We keep the ball more..we look better and we score more...when we play the 4-5-1 we rely heavily on Rooney and we seem to always be second best..the only time i've seen it work to perfection this season is Arsenal away... every other time we had likwe 30-40% of possession and Rooney would score... but Rooney also scored 4 in a game due to Berbatov's brilliance in a 4-4-2

If we play 4-4-2 next season Berba will stay...If we play 4-5-1 we might as well sell him because he cannot play up top alone(he drops too deep as he wants the ball alot) and he's too good to be on the bench

I still think Rooney plays betetr alongside a mobile striker such as Saha or Tevez but I think the fans have been robbed by Fergie to see the Berba Rooney partnership that I believe can work...

Anyway who am I to question Fergie but I think he needs to trust his record signing a bit more

Viva Berbatov

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 12, 2010, 11:20:54 AM »
But Real playing better than they have in years. They say Pelligrini concede less at this stage of the season(at least prior to the Barca game) than his last four predecessors and the team not playing a defensive brand. I think they just suffering cause they being compared to what is proving to be the greatest Barca side ever (which is a real big pips, cause Barca have had some great sides).

People just doh like Pelligrini cause he doh have the name. Real win 12 in a row before this weekend. The game against Lyon when they get knockout, they play all over than side...up and own the pitch without scoring a goal.

Barca just out of this world right now so Real looking poor in comparison.

ManU prove to be a one man side though. But that is Berbatov fault moreso than Fergie cause I find he get his chances to shine and he has shown that he can't be a match winner. He could probably play when there is no pressure on him to produce.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:22:34 AM by spideybuff »
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 12, 2010, 11:36:20 AM »
But Real playing better than they have in years. They say Pelligrini concede less at this stage of the season(at least prior to the Barca game) than his last four predecessors and the team not playing a defensive brand. I think they just suffering cause they being compared to what is proving to be the greatest Barca side ever (which is a real big pips, cause Barca have had some great sides).

People just doh like Pelligrini cause he doh have the name. Real win 12 in a row before this weekend. The game against Lyon when they get knockout, they play all over than side...up and own the pitch without scoring a goal.

ManU prove to be a one man side though. But that is Berbatov fault moreso than Fergie cause I find he get his chances to shine and he has shown that he can't be a match winner. He could probably play when there is no pressure on him to produce.
[/b]

Little harsh spidey. I am no Berbatov fan but strikers in particular need to play often to get their form and he has been played very sporadic. Still he has managed 12 goals this season, second to Rooney
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #813 on: April 12, 2010, 11:39:20 AM »
Berbasoft while talented can only play at one pace and as a result he slows the play down. It seems like he left a gear at Spurs and he runs with his handbreaks up. United have become very slow and they also lack players who play instinctively; where the pass is made without that player having to stop the flow to think about where they are going to play the ball. As good as Valencia has been he still stops the flow to many times because he has to stop and think or because he has to make sure the ball is on his right foot. United did as much as anybody to inflate the market by just paying 30mil for Berbasoft. Teams will always ask for more when we are looking to buy a player becuase we do have a history of spending large sums on players. I think the money is there but I think Fergie in his old age got frugal. Ronaldo needed to move on and Ferige didn't do enough to replace him. Fergie did shite with the midfield and United became to dependant on players like that shitsnake Carrick and thought Berbasoft would get over his stage fright.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 12, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »
De big problem is de centre of de park for the 4-4-2. Carrick playing mess.....fletcher decent...anderson either injured or playing de ass.....scholes is a card waiting to happen...giggs age showing....haregraves eh have the confidence. Oshea now come back. Dat essentially was the problem in my view..and things might have gone differently. In addition...berbatov eh facing up to the pressure....and putting himself under more. Owen always injured. Tevez mighta be good..just his impatience do him in...cuz...if ronaldo didnt get sold...dey wouldnt have had any money to make him an offer..and by the time that came through.....he already made up his mind to leave.

All in all....fergie did a good piece of business letting ronaldo go. In fact he only let him go because he knew he could get through without him...and he almost did. Yuh hadda remember nobody gave them ANY chance of being in contention for anything...and they still performed creditably.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 12, 2010, 12:28:36 PM »
He was the best player in the World...Madrid wanted him..he wanted them... would we keep an unhappy player and risk dressing room unrest? No way..If you want to go..then go.

Yes we've suffered this season because we've missed him but that's not his fault..that's the Glazers and Fergie's fault..with their shallow pockets and Fergs old school thinking...somebody needs to give him a lesson on inflation and remind him we live in 2010 and it's not the 90's where we can get good deals for big experienced players who will give us the impact we need...

Hopefully he realises that now as United have hit the Empty sign on their fuel in the most important period of the season...something we never do

Small Mag i really think that Manu made the right move in selling Ronaldo. At the time, they were in massive debt, and Ronaldo was becoming (or became if you read some other reports) a problem in the locker room. The mistake Manu made was not finding an adequate strike partner for Rooney. Mind you, I never said find a replacement for Ronaldo because truth be told, you cannot replace his talent. Because of his departure, Rooney has flourished into the world class player he has destined to be, Nani has shown glimpses of being the outstanding talent he is, and several youth players were able to get a chance that may not have developed if CR9 was there causing problems. Outside of finding a goal scorer I think Manu did the right thing. On d other hand, Real did the wrong thing thinking that he was going to be the player to carry them to the promise land. Real have bigger problems than there attack. There midfield isnt strong at all, especially on the defensive front, and there defense is quite suspect. Hopefully they will address those in the off season, but Manu did the right thing at that time in selling him IMO. :beermug:

Yea United did the right thing..Fergie always boasts we got 6 years out of him..which he found an amazing achievement due to Cristiano's desire to go Madrid.. He had to go

As for strike partner for Rooney...4-4-2 seems to be dead at United...which is a shame because Berbatov's creativity really shows in a 4-4-2 when we use 2 natural wingers and Wazza as the his strike partner...watch the highlights..Berba is always involved in either a goal or any chance we create.. be it assist or assisting the assist or the rare goal....For the life of me I dont understand why we dont use it more often..We keep the ball more..we look better and we score more...when we play the 4-5-1 we rely heavily on Rooney and we seem to always be second best..the only time i've seen it work to perfection this season is Arsenal away... every other time we had likwe 30-40% of possession and Rooney would score... but Rooney also scored 4 in a game due to Berbatov's brilliance in a 4-4-2

If we play 4-4-2 next season Berba will stay...If we play 4-5-1 we might as well sell him because he cannot play up top alone(he drops too deep as he wants the ball alot) and he's too good to be on the bench

I still think Rooney plays betetr alongside a mobile striker such as Saha or Tevez but I think the fans have been robbed by Fergie to see the Berba Rooney partnership that I believe can work...

Anyway who am I to question Fergie but I think he needs to trust his record signing a bit more

Viva Berbatov

Well they played the 4-5-1 in the San Siro and for me, that was probably their best performance of the season. I think both strikers are somewhat the same in terms of both can be labeled creative strikers. Rooney does it using his mobility and Berba does it with his touch and control of the ball. Rooney has added the goal scoring to his arsenal but true and true, he is a creative influence in attack. And in there lies the problem i think. Both players are of a similar mold in terms of creativity but no one on that team (outside of Owen 10 years ago) is a pure finisher. For example, if you go back to the year of the treble, yorke played that creative role that rooney playing and Cole was bussing d net as a result of dwight creating opportunities in the attack. Outside of rooney, berba have something like 12 goals, then after him is own goals. It speaks volumes to what is lacking. I think they also need a creative element in the middle. Scholes past his best bout 3 years now. The wings and defense are rock solid, once they can keep Vidic. But i think a pure finisher is badly needed at Manu to buss d net when rooney creates the opportunities. :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 12, 2010, 12:28:43 PM »
Manu united did real good this season.

That was the best transfer ever.

real madrid doing good too. fact is you cannot win every game, you go lose now and then.

3 points behind barca with a few games left is a good place to be.

people expectation are unrealistic.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 12, 2010, 12:29:53 PM »
This article is silly. Ronaldo is having a very good season, Barca are just having a better season.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 12, 2010, 12:29:59 PM »
De big problem is de centre of de park for the 4-4-2. Carrick playing mess.....fletcher decent...anderson either injured or playing de ass.....scholes is a card waiting to happen...giggs age showing....haregraves eh have the confidence. Oshea now come back. Dat essentially was the problem in my view..and things might have gone differently. In addition...berbatov eh facing up to the pressure....and putting himself under more. Owen always injured. Tevez mighta be good..just his impatience do him in...cuz...if ronaldo didnt get sold...dey wouldnt have had any money to make him an offer..and by the time that came through.....he already made up his mind to leave.

All in all....fergie did a good piece of business letting ronaldo go. In fact he only let him go because he knew he could get through without him...and he almost did. Yuh hadda remember nobody gave them ANY chance of being in contention for anything...and they still performed creditably.

Midfield would have always been the problem this season(Ronaldo Rooney and to some extent Tevez can score goals even with a not so strong midfield behind them)... our CM's are either deep lying playmakers or defensive minded CM'S... not one is a goalscoring midfielder or very attack minded....we play 4-5-1 with no attacking link between midfield and strikers.. we depend on Rooney Nani Valencia... we need a player to link the play..the final piece of the jigsaw... Fergie's major blunder was not getting Sneijder as part of the Ronaldo deal..

Modric is the player United fans want..and Xavi but he isnt going anywhere
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:34:28 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

giggsy11

« Reply #819 on: April 12, 2010, 12:30:32 PM »

All the goals Tevez scoring now, think about how many chances he missed when he played for United? Shite the champions league final against Chelski; he could have put the game to bed if he hadn't missed chances in the first half and 2nd half.  Sometimes players like Tevez can play for lesser sides like City and West Ham and shine because they not expected to win shite! I want to see if it continues if City are able to to get in CL.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 12, 2010, 12:36:43 PM »

Midfield would have always been the problem this season... our CM's are either deep lying playmakers or defensive minded CM'S... not one is a goalscoring midfielder or very attack minded....we play 4-5-1 with no attacking link between midfield and strikers.. we depend on Rooney Nani Valencia... we need a player to link the play..the final piece of the jigsaw... Fergie's major blunder was not getting Sneijder as part of the Ronaldo deal..

I think Sir Alex expected alot more from Nani this season, otherwise he wud have spent more heavily last summer. Personally I still think Nani will turn out to be world class, hopefully not at United, lol.

But apart from him and Rooney, yall dont have any other offensive players with world class ability or potential.

And the Tevez affair was most likely out of Sir Alex's hands - no matter how much he offered, Man City cud have topped it. So he called his price and stuck to it. It was the right thing to do.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 12, 2010, 12:37:46 PM »

I somewhat agree with u. Real isnt doing badly and IMO i dont think the coach shud get fired. u rite, barca is out of this world and nobody aint beating them...no matter who u buy and how much u spend. But i disagree that manu is a one man side. they just missing a few pieces to complete the picture.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 12, 2010, 12:41:11 PM »

This is the most level-headed cuss free post I ever read from you.

Sadly, I know this post is the exception and not the rule.

Més que un club.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #823 on: April 12, 2010, 12:45:32 PM »
The guy was injured for part of the season and still has 25 goals. First season in Spain. Brilliant player. Real Madrid is the club he always wanted to play for. Its not like one of those moves where a players transfers so that they can win the Champions League. He already did a lot at United.

I don't see any loss here. Real will sell CR jerseys for years to come. Increased money from the Gates and TV and lucrative pre-season tours. Man U got some cash to help deal with the debt situation.

giggsy11

« Reply #824 on: April 12, 2010, 12:49:08 PM »
The article should be titled Kaka transfer costly to Milan, madrid.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #825 on: April 12, 2010, 12:56:41 PM »

:rotfl: :beermug:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #826 on: April 12, 2010, 01:11:45 PM »
clearly

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 12, 2010, 01:16:31 PM »
Ronaldo shoes get to big fuh Fergie to pick up and pelt at him so he had to go.

Just like when Yorkie was constantly in the news Fergie tell him to get married and settle down, Yorkie say no and stayed in the news steady and he was gone.
Stam open he mouth write ah book was in the news for the wrong reasons he was gone.
Becks became too popular for Fergie to handle so Fergie try to Ashoesannate him. No matter how much merchandise he was selling he was out.

All top players who were playing well enough before Fergie start to bench them, drop them and push them out.  

Don't be surprised to see Rooney gone too. Fergie is ah ego maniac.

Look how long he hold on to players who were/are ineffective players like Diego Forlan (the fella play something like 17 games before he score ah goal) and Berba.....basically yuh could hang in there if yuh hush yuh mouth and take abuse when he dish it out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 12, 2010, 01:18:08 PM »

haha  :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 12, 2010, 01:20:53 PM »

I cant be level headed in response to you and men like elan and dinho... that is the rule

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 12, 2010, 01:25:27 PM »

As contradictory a statement as ever there was... unless it is your argument that the latter gave rise to the former.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 12, 2010, 02:46:44 PM »

As contradictory a statement as ever there was... unless it is your argument that the latter gave rise to the former.

na I didnt mean it as it was their fault Ronaldo left..I meant it is their fault we didnt try to replace the quality Tevez and Ronaldo contributed

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 12, 2010, 03:30:57 PM »

What was contradictory here? They suffered because they missed his goal-scoring ability and management was too cheap to buy a suitable replacement.

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 12, 2010, 03:33:53 PM »

Could be tilted even more...

Xabi Alonso transfer costly for Liverpool, Madrid 
 ;D
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 12, 2010, 03:34:00 PM »
If this Madrid situation was with any other club, it may have been excused. But because it is Real, instant success is the norm, everthing else is failure. Kaka and CR9 just join the club. It will take somtime for them to gell. Barca side(the nucleus at least) is relatively injury free and  basically the same from last year. Them on a role. Madrid has not been in sync whole season(well at least against big teams). In La liga they have pull the rabbit out of the hat on a number of occassions. This year is definitely not their year. I say let's wait until next year to see if the trades are a failure or not.

As for CR9 leaving Manu. Look, he had to go. He gave Utd their monies worthy. His heart was not there. Why keep him. I think he is a fanstatic player and he is playing well at Madrid. The only problem is they lose to Barca. The better team.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 12, 2010, 03:45:04 PM »

Midfield would have always been the problem this season... our CM's are either deep lying playmakers or defensive minded CM'S... not one is a goalscoring midfielder or very attack minded....we play 4-5-1 with no attacking link between midfield and strikers.. we depend on Rooney Nani Valencia... we need a player to link the play..the final piece of the jigsaw... Fergie's major blunder was not getting Sneijder as part of the Ronaldo deal..

I think Sir Alex expected alot more from Nani this season, otherwise he wud have spent more heavily last summer. Personally I still think Nani will turn out to be world class, hopefully not at United, lol.

But apart from him and Rooney, yall dont have any other offensive players with world class ability or potential.

And the Tevez affair was most likely out of Sir Alex's hands - no matter how much he offered, Man City cud have topped it. So he called his price and stuck to it. It was the right thing to do.

The Tevez affair might have gotten out of fergie's hand, money-wise, but he didn't help the situation by leaving Tevez on the bench as often as he did.....but then again, who knows?  Maybe at the point that he had made his decision to use him so sparsely because it may have already been common knowledge around the team that Tevez woulda leave and not come back.  I think he would have been more and more effective for the team had fergie used him more.....they won the EPL anyway.  >:(

...like some people on here, I agree that Real will soon be back on top.  As great as Barca is right now, they can't stay on top forever and Real will gel and perform better.....and get the applicable results. cronaldo just need to pipe down the hoggishness lil bit and Kaka need to stay healthy and assert himself as the master playmaker that he is.   Drogba's first season with Chelsea wasn't a bed of roses, either.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 03:49:37 PM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 12, 2010, 05:12:24 PM »
na I didnt mean it as it was their fault Ronaldo left..I meant it is their fault we didnt try to replace the quality Tevez and Ronaldo contributed

What was contradictory here? They suffered because they missed his goal-scoring ability and management was too cheap to buy a suitable replacement.

As written the statement was open to different interpretations... Small Mag elaborated on his point above and I understand what it is he was trying to say now.  Before it seemed to imply that the fault for his departure could be laid at the feet of management.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 12, 2010, 05:20:40 PM »

As written the statement was open to different interpretations... Small Mag elaborated on his point above and I understand what it is he was trying to say now.  Before it seemed to imply that the fault for his departure could be laid at the feet of management.

Gotcha. I didn't read it that way the first time.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 12, 2010, 07:36:27 PM »

I cant be level headed in response to you and men like elan and dinho... that is the rule

wham king whaz dah one?? lolol

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 13, 2010, 04:33:22 AM »

Could be tilted even more...

Xabi Alonso transfer costly for Liverpool, Madrid 
 ;D

nah remember liverpool was/is shit a good few years running  ::)

right now what we missing now is a midfielder with imagination and the skill to take the ball and make something happen. We are forced to play across and outside the 18 yard box of the opponent once they lock up shop. Look how much times lampard comes up big for Chelsea, he isnt realy a super gifted player like xavi , however he has the ability to make something happen even if it is to try a shot. Only Gibson trying to shoot these days. We also need a proper free kick taker. Before CR got his form we were suffering from the same situation - we dont capitalize on  free kicks enough. Nani needs to improve on his decision making, and valencia definitely need to shoot more often. Sometimes i wonder if we trying to emulate arsenal and score the perfect goal, or is it that the players think only rooney can score?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 04:40:53 AM by sammy »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

1]; } ?>