April 16, 2024, 10:37:47 AM

Author Topic: Cristiano Ronaldo Thread.  (Read 128352 times)

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: C. Ronaldo ready to face critics
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2006, 05:32:47 PM »
i too woulda like 2 see Cristiano in Real Madrid. well whatever yes
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 05:37:29 PM by trini_chris »
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
Ronaldo rises above the taunts
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2006, 06:48:01 AM »
Ronaldo rises above the taunts

AFP
August 9, 2006
LONDON (AFP) - Cristiano Ronaldo shrugged off jeers from rival fans to star in Manchester United's 4-1 win over Oxford United in a pre-season friendly.

The Portugal international was made public enemy number one for his perceived role in getting United teammate Wayne Rooney sent off in the World Cup quarter-final against England last month.

And the Oxford United fans ensured the winger was given a rowdy reception on his first game back on English soil, but he brushed it off with aplomb, swerving home a brilliant 14th minute volley.

Much had been made of Ronaldo's return, 38 days since he helped get Rooney sent off and fired home the penalty which knocked England out of the World Cup.

But the security concerns expressed over the former Sporting Lisbon star appeared to have been greatly exaggerated.

There were no police inside the stadium at all and, while the number of safety officers present had been beefed up, it was only in response to the arrival of a United side containing nine internationals rather than the reserve team which had originally been expected when the fixture was agreed a couple of months ago.

Even the boos were more routine than venomous and the 21-year-old felt relaxed enough to offer team-mate Kieran Richardson a broad grin as he ran out for the second half.

The contest was only six minutes old when Ronaldo made his first imprint on the game, touching a pass to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer inside the Oxford box which allowed the veteran striker to blast a shot into the roof of the net.

Ronaldo's opener followed not that long afterwards. It was Louis Saha, also making his first appearance since heartbreakingly missing the World Cup final through suspension, who provided the cushioned lay-off to Phil Bardsley's cross.

The right-foot finish was exquisite, starting off wide of Turley's far post before curling in.

Darren Fletcher added another two minutes later and while Robert Duffy powered home a far-post header before the break, Ronaldo quickly restored United's three-goal lead after half-time.

Yet again, the finish was right-footed, curling a shot into the bottom corner this time after David Jones had fed him with a short pass.

There was to be no hat-trick, even though Ronaldo was pushed into a more orthodox striker's role until he was replaced by Giuseppe Rossi.

Updated on Tuesday, Aug 8, 2006 8:10 pm EDT
http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=Au07q261UHetxl4cryPDV_omw7YF?slug=afp-fblengprmanutd&prov=afp&type=lgns

oxford isnt old trafford but its a confidence builder and good to see that he displayed his skills and no reports of him whinning ....somebody is maturing wel i hope

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo rises above the taunts
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2006, 07:08:31 AM »
2 beautiful goals i may add

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2006, 08:13:59 AM »

yuh still want rooney to break he foot?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2006, 08:20:36 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: Allyuh sweet yes...Would be interestin to see Smallie response doh.. ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2006, 08:42:31 AM »

Allyuh men does only talk yes....u wanted to crucify d man during the W.Cup...now you jus lovin him eh??? Steups...Full a friggin talk dats all.. :devil:
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2006, 09:12:28 AM »
I still don like him. ;D

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2006, 09:41:34 AM »
Cause ur a Newcastle supporter not a Man U...ah sure if u here he coming to Newcastle 2moro and then he join and start to score goals like mad and alyuh win the EPL and qualify for Champions League...u talk will change, u mite want to CROWN him King of England... :o
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2006, 09:47:38 AM »

lol i new i shouldnt have replied... lol    but yes two great goals....   and no i was angry with him before and i apologized .... lol    he is still a spoilt brat  but he is a utd player

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2006, 04:33:00 PM »
yeah the man had  a real good game

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2006, 12:21:57 AM »
Now I am no C. Ronaldo fan, but up to now i still cah see why anybody vex with him for the "incident" at the world cup. as far as i concerned, he did absolutely NOTHING out of the ordinary. Tell me, in any football game u see, whenever there is a foul, yuh doh see men compaining to the ref? The red card decision was the ref's and nobody else's. Leave the boy alone wit dat
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2006, 11:23:26 AM »
breds i totally agree with you and everything but the fact of the matter is not all eglish people have snes ....the fact the match went ot penalties rules out any real truth that the red card afected the game.....WHAT THEY PROLLY DONT LIKE IS THAT HE TOOK THE PENALTY AND SCORED IT THEN WINKED.....priceless ....nothing to get mad for but i love the irony.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2006, 12:41:12 PM »
Rooney forgives Man Utd team mate Ronaldo
http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=An3_lJpeWStqcKegiXF8KvImw7YF?slug=reu-rooney&prov=reuters&type=lgns

LONDON, Aug 10 (Reuters) - Wayne Rooney has forgiven Manchester United team mate Cristiano Ronaldo for his actions in the World Cup quarter-final between England and Portugal.

Rooney was sent off for stamping and England lost 3-1 on penalties after Ronaldo was seen to encourage referee Horacio Elizondo to send the striker off.

Rooney told SkySports News on Thursday: "It's fine now. I spoke to him on the night after the game.

"I'm not going to lie, I was disappointed with the way he ran over to the referee.

"But at the end of the day we weren't team mates that day. We were rivals. I wanted to win, he wanted to win for his country so we have to get on with it and hopefully do well for Manchester United together."

Rooney also confirmed his intention to see out his career at Old Trafford. "I'm perfectly happy here and looking to sign a new contract," he said.

Updated on Thursday, Aug 10, 2006 12:31 pm EDT

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Cristiano Ronaldo Thread.
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2006, 03:14:24 PM »
Ronaldo claims award

Cristiano Ronaldo has won his first Barclays Premiership Player of the Month Award following a number of scintillating performances for Manchester United in November.

The Portuguese was instrumental in United remaining unbeaten during the month, as Sir Alex Ferguson's side extended their lead of the Premiership to six points.

As well as creating numerous goalscoring opportunities for his team-mates, Ronaldo brought his shooting boots to Old Trafford.

Having scored with a free-kick in United's win over Portsmouth, Ronaldo was also on target with another long-range effort in his team's success over Everton.

The winger's two goals in November took his season's tally in the Premiership to five, while he also has three assists to his name.

Jim Hytner, from the Barclays Awards Panel, said: "Ronaldo has been in excellent form, putting in a string of outstanding performances on the wing. His strike against Portsmouth has got to be a contender for goal of the month."

The decision was made by the Barclays Awards Panel, which includes representatives from football's governing bodies, the media and fans.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=434143&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=Ronaldo+claims+award
 :applause: :applause: :applause: congrats to the best right wing player in the EPL

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 06:32:26 AM by Flex »

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Cristiano Ronaldo Thread.
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2007, 09:08:10 AM »
EXCLUSIVE: Ronaldo: Make me richest - or I go!
Cristiano Ronaldo wants to be richest player in the world
By David Harrison

Cristiano Ronaldo will deliver Manchester United an astonishing £8.3million-a-year ultimatum: Make me the world's highest-paid player or I'm off.

We can reveal an Arab oil sheik has offered to stump up £30m to take Ronaldo to Barcelona in the summer.

At the same time, Ronaldo's representatives want to seal a deal that would guarantee the Portuguese superstar £160,000 A WEEK. A source close to Ronaldo confirmed: "There are lots of meetings taking place regarding Cristiano's new contract.

"But if United say he's the best player in the world they have to give him the best salary in the world."

Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid have both made Ronaldo their No1 target.

Sheik Mansour Al-Balawi, who owns Saudi Arabian club Al-Ittihad, has developed a strong football and business link with Barca president Joan Laporta.

And Al-Bawi last night confirmed "I will do what is necessary to help Barcelona sign a great player like Cristiano."

Chelsea's Michael Ballack is currently the world's best-paid player on £130,000 a week, while Stamford Bridge skipper John Terry is finalising a new £150,000-a-week deal.

But the intervention of a wealthy third party is the biggest threat yet to United's hopes of hanging onto their 22-year-old winger.

Our exclusive revelation about Barca's interest in Ronaldo was confirmed when the player's agent Jorge Mendes was accompanied by the Spanish giant's director of football Txiki Begiristain to Portugal's friendly against Brazil.

And Ronaldo added further fuel to the debate over his future by insisting: "I've always said that I like Spanish football and that it's a kind of football which attracts me.

"I've got a contract with United. If Spanish clubs speak to anyone it's with my agent, not with me."

The link between the Saudi club and Barça was sealed in a recent visit to the Middle East by Laporta.

The bilateral agreement, signed last December, allows for two friendly matches and the construction of six football academies.

Al-Ittihad recently signed former Real Madrid and Barcelona star Luis Figo in a deal brokered by Spanish agent Mariam Montano who said: "Right now Al-Ittihad and Barca are very close.

"Sheik Mansour Al-Balawi is happy to support Barcelona financially in the transfer market."

We revealed last month that United offered to double Ronaldo's salary to £100,000 a week to stave off interest from Real and Barca.

But Ronaldo's representatives are playing hardball and are holding out for more.

Kingman

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 06:31:51 AM by Flex »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo wants to be richest player in the world
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2007, 08:03:43 PM »
source please... sounds like tabloid journalism and the usual media-based speculation. Best to wait and hear what CR7 and his actual reps have to say, eh?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2007, 09:38:04 PM »
 Cristiano Ronaldo really playing some decent ball this year but he does still piss me off sometime with that diving thing...He very smart as a player , I mean if someone could get away with it why not do it...I personally think if he wants to go then Man U should let him leave and cash in ...But I think he should not leave because he is writing his name as one of the Greats of Man U...He could always leave later on in his career.....The Glazers had put Man U in a financial hole but seemed to be coping...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2007, 05:07:16 AM »
He will be an ass to leave now...    especially to Real Madrid..  absolute shithounds...

but he needs to stay at Utd for at least 5 years

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Ronaldo's exit inevitable
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2007, 06:55:22 AM »
Ah know when this happen, we going and hear Small Mag bawling in alll parts of Trinidad.  Dont worry, i will give you a shoulder to cry on and ah handkerchief for yuh eyes...............lol

www.soccer365.com

Cristiano Ronaldo wants to join Real Madrid in the summer, according to reports from Spain.

The Portuguese superstar, who has been the cornerstone of Manchester United's Premiership title bid with 16 goals this term, has been linked with both Real and their bitter La Liga rivals Barcelona.

But according to Madrid daily AS he's already made his mind up where he wants to go.

The paper says Ronaldo hopes to quit United in June and has already informed Real through his agent Jorge Mendes that he'd love to join them.

Ronaldo is reportedly flattered by the interest from Barca, as well as Italian giants Inter Milan.

But the lure of the Bernabeu and Los Galacticos appears to be too strong.

Real chief Ramon Calderon knows he'll probably have to spend well over £30million to have any chance of landing Ronaldo.

But with his team labouring to reclaim past glories and many stars from the Florentino Perez era now gone, Ronaldo could be the man to bring back the star quality to the club.

United meanwhile have stated repeatedly that the player is not for sale, and that will probably mean a bitter and protracted battle for his services this summer.

If Ronaldo did quit for Madrid it would be the third time United had lost one of their top names to the Spanish club in recent years.

David Beckham left for Real in the summer of 2003, and Ruud van Nistelrooy did likewise in 2006.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo's exit inevitable
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2007, 07:17:28 AM »
Steups... AS (the "official" Madridista mouthpiece) eh? Real reliable source...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2007, 08:31:16 AM »
oh shite  :frustrated: this news sucks. i sure all man u fans crying now  :(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2007, 10:36:59 AM »
oh shite  :frustrated: this news sucks. i sure all man u fans crying now :(

for what  something that is false?

dont believe the tabloids..

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2007, 12:36:23 PM »
I doubt very much he'll be going anywhere.

This is a common tactic for Madrid, unsettle the players they want to sign by having their propaganda machine shit out a couple articles which are based on nothing more than hearsay.

He was supposed to go there last summer no?

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2007, 01:17:40 PM »
No problem. In return we'll take Robinho and a cool 10mil.
Dat sound about right. ;D
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2007, 01:37:44 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he moves.

La Liga is de best.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2007, 01:42:10 PM »

La Liga is de best.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2007, 02:41:34 PM »

La Liga is de best.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

La Liga is bull shit, Spain always exits the world cup earlier than England. Most Spanish starts won't make it in England!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2007, 03:11:08 PM »
La Liga is bull shit, Spain always exits the world cup earlier than England. Most Spanish starts won't make it in England!

:rotfl:
Very bad comparison.
I feel you jokin.
The national teams are not the leagues.
Henry doh play for England, Zidane doh play for Spain, etc.

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2007, 03:24:17 PM »
I doubt very much he'll be going anywhere.

This is a common tactic for Madrid, unsettle the players they want to sign by having their propaganda machine shit out a couple articles which are based on nothing more than hearsay.

He was supposed to go there last summer no?

agree it's a common tactic, but sometimes they suceed. Reyes for example
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2007, 03:32:54 PM »
Peong, where does most of the Spanish national team select from, which league. Plus which league does most of England's national team come from? Whose national team is more successful?

Your name is Peong so you like to see man hold de ball for long periods. Sometimes all that is what you see in La Liga, while they have great attacking dey have poor defenders! Sorry, too many high scoring games. Not enough physicality, not enough speed in La Liga! Only two teams really attract the world's best players in Spain. I watched Real Madrid last 2 games and was bored the hell outa my mind, Bayer should have not made such easy mistakes. Plus you rely on Beckham to win games for you? Come on....!

1]; } ?>