April 26, 2024, 04:41:31 AM

Author Topic: Cristiano Ronaldo Thread.  (Read 128874 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo Wins FIFPro Player Award
« Reply #510 on: October 27, 2008, 12:00:51 PM »

What did Kaka do to deserve that spot on the team?....he was awful during the 07-08 season

Awful?

Less than his best sure...but awful?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 27, 2008, 12:55:36 PM »

FIFPro World XI:

Goalkeeper – Iker Casillas (Spain/ Real Madrid)

Defenders – Sergio Ramos (Spain/ Real Madrid), John Terry (England/ Chelsea), Carles Puyol (Spain/ Barcelona) and Rio Ferdinand (England/ Manchester United)

Midfielders - Steven Gerrard (England/ Liverpool), Xavi (Spain/ Barcelona) and Ricardo Kaká (Brazil/AC Milan).

Forwards – Lionel Messi (Argentina/ Barcelona), Fernando Torres (Spain/ Liverpool), and Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/ Manchester United).

Well Deserved for Ronaldo

but my changes in that XI would be : Van der Sar for Casillas....Evra for Pulyol and Lampard for Kaka

Lampard for kaka...art thou mad?

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 27, 2008, 01:16:29 PM »
Congratulations Ronaldo..you did very well last season...Its definately speaks volumes in that the English Premier League is finally receiving accolades and this award is one of them.  Not too long ago, players only based in Europe were getting the award..so well done I say....

Come on Liverpool.....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 27, 2008, 03:07:43 PM »
Congratulations Ronaldo..you did very well last season...Its definately speaks volumes in that the English Premier League is finally receiving accolades and this award is one of them.  Not too long ago, players only based in Europe were getting the award..so well done I say....

Come on Liverpool.....

???
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 27, 2008, 03:24:22 PM »
Kaka is a mid fielder???

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 27, 2008, 04:47:55 PM »

FIFPro World XI:

Defenders – Sergio Ramos (Spain/ Real Madrid), John Terry (England/ Chelsea), Carles Puyol (Spain/ Barcelona) and Rio Ferdinand (England/ Manchester United)

Midfielders - Steven Gerrard (England/ Liverpool), Xavi (Spain/ Barcelona) and Ricardo Kaká (Brazil/AC Milan).

Forwards – Lionel Messi (Argentina/ Barcelona), Fernando Torres (Spain/ Liverpool), and Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/ Manchester United).

but my changes in that XI would be : Van der Sar for Casillas....Evra for Pulyol and Lampard for Kaka

Lampard for kaka...art thou mad?

Why would that make him mad?  he is 100% correct

WHAT THE f**k KAKA DO TO BE ON THAT LIST?  he bulling Sepp awa?

Lampard should be in for him... he was very consistent for Chelski last season and reached a CL Final and scored the equalizer

Kaka did f**k all....helped his side come 5th in Serie A and reach a RO16 in the CL

Allyuh men is jokers

anyway...Congrats Cristiano Ronaldo Man United's numero 7!  ;D

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 05:14:10 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #516 on: October 27, 2008, 04:57:40 PM »
how allyuh men wasting Kaká so?
Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Most of them men, with the exception of a few show good form last season, and get recognised for it. Kudos to them. But Kaká is on a different level altogether. Class is class.

ManUre supporters looking to waste away the man cuz they can't get the images out of their heads how Kaká come to Old Trafford and highlight the frailties of the so called fortress to destroy their precious with a masterful performance in CL07.

How could anyone justify the position that Kaká take the blame squarely on his shoulders for Milan coming 5th in Serie A? That is like saying that C. Ronaldo is the only reason why ManUre win two trophies last year. I sure ManUre couldn't win it without the greatest wingback in the world - Patrice I like to slap stewards Evra.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 27, 2008, 09:43:38 PM »

FIFPro World XI:

::) ::) ::)
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 27, 2008, 10:15:23 PM »
Kaka is a mid fielder???

He plays primarily as an attacking midfielder but is used occasionally as a forward for Milan, mostly during the season they won the Champion's League. Kinda explains why he was CL top scorer and went a long way in helping him win a bunch of individual honors. But that was when it was just him and Pippo fit and/or available. Before that he was employed mostly as an attacking midfielder and now that Milan have their pick of Boriello, Pato, Pippo and Sheva up front, Kaka has returned to midfield duties. Breds, even Ronaldinho looking like a midfielder at Milan ;D. As for Brazil..he's mostly used in midfield. For example, WC 2006. The forwards were Ronaldo and Adriano/Robinho/Fred. Nowadays he plays behind Robinho and Adriano/Luis Fabiano/Pato. Another easy way to reconcile it (tho not the best way) is to think of where Kaka usually collects the ball (hint..in his half of the field)..compared that to where a typical forward collects the ball.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #519 on: October 29, 2008, 09:31:47 AM »
I late to this but here's my take.

Lampard had a stop start season last year as did John Terry.

The Question to ask is why John Terry there, not Rio. Rio had his best season ever last year, he was a rock throughout.

Lampard for Kaka? Really now. I don't believe that Kaka was that good last year but allyuh really saying that 4 Englishmen should be there when England couldn't even qualify for a Tournament.

The list obvioulsy take Euro Championships and CL into account but Lampard...no way. Fabregas deserve a spot before him, although Arsenal not making the CL semis probably hurt him he was a Euro winner too.

Congrats to Ronaldo, well deserved.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 29, 2008, 02:17:42 PM »
I late to this but here's my take.

Lampard had a stop start season last year as did John Terry.

The Question to ask is why John Terry there, not Rio. Rio had his best season ever last year, he was a rock throughout.

Lampard for Kaka? Really now. I don't believe that Kaka was that good last year but allyuh really saying that 4 Englishmen should be there when England couldn't even qualify for a Tournament.

The list obvioulsy take Euro Championships and CL into account but Lampard...no way. Fabregas deserve a spot before him, although Arsenal not making the CL semis probably hurt him he was a Euro winner too.

Congrats to Ronaldo, well deserved.

Rio dey

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 30, 2008, 05:41:51 AM »
Very difficult to give it to anyone else given the number of goals de man scored ! Goals win matches ..and his goals won ah lotta matches !

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
It's Official Ronaldo: Europe's no.1
« Reply #522 on: December 01, 2008, 10:24:53 PM »
Ronaldo: Europe's no.1

Cristiano Ronaldo has been awarded the prestigious Ballon d’or trophy.

The most coveted individual honour in European football, the award recognises Ronaldo’s outstanding performances over the past 12 months.

"I dreamt of this when I was younger," he said. "It's a great day for me and my family."

The Portuguese winger scored 42 goals last season on the way to domestic and European glory with the Reds and was the resounding favourite to win the trophy.

After France Football’s confirmation in the early hours of Tuesday morning, the 23-year-old joins United legends George Best, Denis Law and Bobby Charlton on the award’s honours roll.

Recent winners include Kaka (AC Milan, 2007), Fabio Cannavaro (Juventus/Real Madrid, 2006) and Ronaldinho (Barcelona, 2005).

Ronny become the 42nd different player to pick up the prize, and the third Portuguese after Eusebio’s victory in 1965 and Figo's win in 2000.

"The Ballon d'or has been won by two great Portuguese players and for me to be part of that history is a great feeling."

02/12/2008 02:30, Report by Nick Coppack
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: It's Official Ronaldo: Europe's no.1
« Reply #523 on: December 01, 2008, 10:26:31 PM »
still pissed at that red card that could of cost us the game sunday.....but that aside, Congrats man, you deserve it.

United for Life.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 02, 2008, 12:40:46 AM »

What a waste of an award.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: December 02, 2008, 02:05:40 AM »

Agreed give it to Torres
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 02, 2008, 04:32:49 AM »
congrats to a fine talent.... 
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 02, 2008, 05:11:36 AM »
congrats u deserved it

how go see a head shrinker and start back performing instead of bitching
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 02, 2008, 06:46:27 AM »

Yuh wrong on dat one, fishs.  The people who like razzle dazzle, flash n' pizzazz trick-ponies deserve something to be happy and gloat about, too.

The people who can appreciate truly great footballers (cough Lionel Messi cough) just have to wait their turn.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 02, 2008, 06:50:10 AM »
Well Deserved.... won by over 200 points...  :beermug:

Viva Ronaldo!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 02, 2008, 09:59:03 AM »
Ronaldo wins Golden Ball award as Europe's bestUpdated: December 2, 2008, 9:54 AM EST 62 PARIS (AP) - Cristiano Ronaldo won the Golden Ball awarded to the European Footballer of the Year on Tuesday, becoming the fourth Manchester United player to take the honor and the first since fellow winger George Best in 1968.
Ronaldo's brilliant scoring form helped him beat Barcelona striker Lionel Messi into second place, while Liverpool forward Fernando Torres was third in the poll results announced overnight by France Football magazine.

"It's one of the greatest days of my life. Winning this trophy ... I dreamed about it as a kid," France Football quoted Ronaldo as saying. "Those who know me, who live with me, know that this is finally a dream come true for me."

Ronaldo dominated the voting, tallying 446 points. Messi had 281 points and Torres had 179.

That gave Ronaldo two points more than Kaka tallied to win last year's award.

"I am only 23 and it's magnificent. Unbelievable. It's even better considering all the big names in contention this year," Ronaldo said. "Lionel Messi is second and Fernando Torres is third, but also Xavi (Hernandez, in fifth place)."

Ronaldo praised his teammates for helping him, and said he hopes to win the award again.

"They are the ones who passed the ball for me to score goals," he said. "What is for sure is that I want to win it again, it feels so good. So, (next morning), at eight O'clock, I will wake up and tell myself I want to be even better."

United manager Alex Ferguson said Ronaldo was a deserved winner, citing his "incredible" season in 2007-2008.
"Forty-two goals for a winger is quite unbelievable," he said. "The thing about Ronaldo is that he wants to play with skill and he wants to use the skill all the time, which is great credit to him. Of course the goals really put the icing on the cake for him."

Last year Ronaldo was second with 277 points, while Messi was third with 255. Last year's winner Kaka, Milan's Brazilian playmaker, slipped to eighth in this year's awards with only 31 points.

Ronaldo scored 42 goals in all competitions last season as United won the Premier League and Champions League trophies.

The 23-year-old Ronaldo adds the Ballon d'Or award to the FIFPro World Player of the Year trophy he won in October, and the Professional Footballers Association and the Football Writers awards.

He also becomes the first Premier League player to win since former Liverpool forward Michael Owen in 2001, and the first Portuguese player since winger Luis Figo won it with Real Madrid in 2000, and the third after Eusebio in 1965.

France Football's award was decided by an annual poll of football journalists with a short list of 30 players.

Ronaldo delivered United both the Premier and Champions League trophies in 2008. (Alex Livesey / Getty Images)

Following Portugal's disappointing showing at the European Championship in June, Ronaldo underwent an operation to his troublesome right ankle injury in July that then kept him sidelined until Sept. 17.

After a slow start, he appeared to be heading back to top form with eight league goals in 11 games until Sunday's red card against Manchester City drew headlines for the wrong reason.

Already booked for a needless foul on Manchester City's Shaun Wright-Phillips, Ronaldo jumped to meet a corner kick and, instead of heading the ball toward the City goal, batted it down with his hands.

To his amazement, he was shown a second yellow card followed swiftly by the red one. He later said he thought he had heard the referee blow his whistle and that's why he handled the ball.

The 21-year-old Messi scored several breathtaking goals for Barca last season, and also helped Argentina defeat Nigeria 1-0 to win the Olympic gold medal at Beijing in August.

Messi has stepped up his form since then, with nine league goals in 11 games for Barca - one less than he got in 27 games last season - as he continues to develop a flourishing partnership with Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o.

"He is the kind of player I really like," Kaka said. "Like Cristiano Ronaldo, he dribbles, he scores. Messi often does it all on his own."

Torres helped Spain win the European Championship in June, scoring the lone goal in the final against Germany. Torres, hit by several niggling injuries this term, also scored 24 league goals in his debut season with the Reds but has struggled so far this season.

Ronaldo's United teammates Wayne Rooney, Edwin van der Sar and Nemanja Vidic were nominated, as were Chelsea's Michael Ballack, Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard.

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 02, 2008, 10:34:52 AM »
Well deserved based on his club form :applause:

Ronaldo please be humble, don't be saying things like I deserve to be 1st 2nd and 3rd
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 02, 2008, 10:41:10 AM »

Yup. lol

www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 02, 2008, 10:42:08 AM »
ONLY in the eyes of Man Boo fans until he says he wants to move UP to the next level :devil:
then HE will be Europe's #1 shithong
just look back to the summer when the rumour was he was going to leave Man Boo :rotfl:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 11:45:42 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 02, 2008, 12:26:32 PM »
Sir Alex Ferguson On Ronaldo's Golden Ball WinManchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has said he is delighted with his winger's Ballon d'Or win.
During the early hours of this morning the wait was over and an announcement was made that had been predicted all along.

Cristiano Ronaldo was the official European Footballer of the Year and had been awarded the Golden Ball by a sporting panel of 96 journalists.

While many point to his 42-goal haul last season it was actually his exploits throughout 2008 that saw him rise head and shoulders above the competition.

He scored 33 goals and assisted 10 times in 2008 alone, having featured in only 42 club games.

Forty-Year Wait

Red Devils' manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that he is delighted that, after a 40-year wait since George Best's triumph, another Manchester United player has been awarded the Ballon d'Or.

"We're all delighted that Cristiano is going to be honoured. And he deserves it," the Scotsman is reported to have said.

"For any winger to score 42 goals in a season is remarkable, but to do it in the Premier League is even more phenomenal.

"It's no real surprise we haven't had a European Player of the Year in my time here until now.

"You could certainly have made a case for several of our 1999 Treble-winning team to have won it," he said.

"But two of our outstanding players - Roy Keane and Paul Scholes - missed the final."

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 02, 2008, 12:37:37 PM »
well deserved for an outstanding 2006-07 season, however imo Messi is the best player.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 02, 2008, 12:38:42 PM »
When do they announce the FIFA World Player of the Year ?

I suppose he'll win that as well, but just curious as to when that gets announced.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 02, 2008, 04:52:59 PM »
Congrats. He deserved it. He may leave United, so what. Man gone, man dey according to King Fighter.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 02, 2008, 06:48:20 PM »

I suppose he'll win that as well, but just curious as to when that gets announced.

I was thinking about that myself. I have a feeling he will also get that award. Even though, with the Euro in 08 and Ronaldo not being at his best in that competition, maybe Xavi might get the nod
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 02, 2008, 07:20:20 PM »

I was thinking about that myself. I have a feeling he will also get that award. Even though, with the Euro in 08 and Ronaldo not being at his best in that competition, maybe Xavi might get the nod

it would be absolute robbery if Ronaldo doesnt win it

FIFA would look like alot of jokers

1]; } ?>