March 28, 2024, 05:22:52 PM

Author Topic: Cristiano Ronaldo Thread.  (Read 127739 times)

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Man U accepts Real offer for Cristiano
« Reply #750 on: June 11, 2009, 08:40:51 PM »
Manchester United FC have accepted a world-record bid of £80m (€94m) from Real Madrid CF for winger Cristiano Ronaldo, with the Premier League winners expecting to conclude a deal this month.

A statement on Madrid's official website added: "Real Madrid can confirm that an offer to Manchester United for the acquisition of the rights of the player Cristiano Ronaldo has been made. The club hope to reach an agreement with the player in the coming days." Ronaldo joined United from Sporting Clube de Portugal in the summer of 2003 and has enjoyed sustained success during his time at Old Trafford. He scored in United's UEFA Champions League final triumph over Chelsea FC in 2008 and helped the club return to the showpiece in Rome last month where they lost to FC Barcelona. The Ballon d'Or winner last year, Ronaldo scored 118 times in 291 appearances for United and his 84 Premier League goals led the club to a hat-trick of titles between 2007 and 2009.

http://www.uefa.com/footballeurope/news/kind=2/newsid=837497.html

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Its official - Ronaldo heads to Real Madrid!!
« Reply #751 on: June 12, 2009, 01:22:53 AM »
So I guess I'll have to tolerate him now.  :-\
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 12, 2009, 01:24:18 AM »
As Filho was saying... :D

If Ribery Leaves Bayern Munich, It Will Be To Real Madrid - Reports
The Frenchman looks like he will stay at Bayern, but apparently will leave to Madrid if anywhere...

If Franck Ribery is to leave Bayern Munich this summer then he will go to Real Madrid, according to a source at the Spanish club who has spoken to L'Equipe.

The words come just a few days after the German side stated that the player was not for sale and that they would not be letting go of him.

Along with those declarations, Madrid president Florentino Perez told TVE that, "Ribery belongs to Bayern and Bayern do not want to sell him. I have to respect what the club want. But it would be a different matter if they were to change their opinion."

However, with Kaka already signed and Cristiano Ronaldo on the way, it would not be a surprise if Madrid do indeed manage to lure Ribery.

According to the source that spoke to the French newspaper L'Equipe, "there is no risk that Ribery would choose another club" than Real Madrid.

Whether or not the Frenchman will leave Bayern still is another matter but it is a sign that perhaps Madrid's stature is growing again.

It has been reported that Barcelona, Chelsea and Manchester United are all interested in the winger and are willing to negotiate with Bayern for him.

However, with the player preferring Madrid, it looks as though he could either be set to stay in Germany or move to the Spanish capital.

www.westindiantube.com

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 12, 2009, 02:50:31 AM »
From The Times
June 11, 2009
Sir Alex Ferguson in fight to halt exodus after record £80m Cristiano Ronaldo deal

Sir Alex Ferguson could lose two more of his Manchester United stars in the wake of Cristiano Ronaldo’s £80 million world-record transfer to Real Madrid.

Despite Ronaldo’s impending exit from Old Trafford, Carlos Tévez, the Argentina striker, still wants to leave the club and United are bracing themselves for offers from Barcelona, and possibly Real, for Nemanja Vidic.

Vidic’s wife, Ana, is growing increasingly unsettled in Manchester and wants to move to a warmer climate. Pep Guardiola, the Barcelona coach, is hoping to exploit the situation by making a £25 million bid for the Serbia defender.

Ferguson will fight tooth and nail to keep Vidic, who has three years left on his contract, but despite telephoning Tévez to urge him to stay, the United manager appears to be chasing a lost cause. Manchester City lead the pursuit of the striker’s signature, ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea.

United have lined up Antonio Valencia, the Wigan Athletic and Ecuador winger, as a replacement for Ronaldo, but in the event that Tévez leaves, Ferguson will be forced, reluctantly, to go back into the transfer market for another player.

Ferguson admires Franck Ribéry, the Bayern Munich winger, and Karim Benzema, the Lyons striker, but the United manager may be reluctant to do business given the prices being quoted by their respective clubs.

Bayern want €75 million (£64 million) for Ribéry and Lyons €50 million for Benzema, who is only 21 and remains largely unproven outside of his native France.

“We have said we will only deal under certain conditions,” Uli Hoeness, the Bayern general manager, said. “Namely, if the others want to do really crazy things.”

Remarkably, it took United only two hours to agree to Real’s offer for Ronaldo. David Gill, the United chief executive, was making his way to Geneva for a meeting with Fifa officials when his office received a fax from the Spanish club at about 6pm on Wednesday. Sources close to Gill insist that there was no warning from Real that a bid would be forthcoming.

Gill telephoned Ferguson first, then contacted Ronaldo’s camp, before the matter was taken to the Glazer family, the club’s owners, who insisted that the ultimate decision rested with Ferguson, at which point the manager gave the green light to sell the Portugal forward.

The news brought to an end a bitter three-year tug-of-war between the clubs, although it was greeted with an angry reaction by Michel Platini, the Uefa president. He described the fee as a “serious challenge to the idea of fair play” and vowed to establish new rules governing transfers in an effort to “clean up the system”.

It is understood that United will receive the fee in four annual instalments of £20 million. Sources close to the Glazer family insist that Ferguson will be free to reinvest the money on players, despite the club being faced with an interest bill of £69 million last year on their £699 million of debt.

In financial terms, though, the real winner is Ronaldo, 24, who is expected to sign a six-year contract before being formally confirmed as a Real player on July 1.

His salary will start at £9.5 million a year, rising 25 per cent annually to a staggering £29 million — or just over £557,500 a week — in the final year. He stands to earn up to £107 million.

Real’s outlay on Ronaldo and Kaká, who joined for £56 million this week, could total £330 million, with the club paying more than £1 million a week in wages for the pair come the 2014-2015 season.
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 12, 2009, 06:11:07 AM »
I call this piece,

Ode to Small Mag

It is meant to highlight the tripe that spews from his brain through his limbs and inputted via keyboard.

When it comes to matters of ManUre and England there is no end to the copious amounts of shit that he talks.

Well I knew this day would've come, they only thing that could rival the 2-0 cutarse that Barca ress on dem.

Anybody notice that C. Homoaldo not in any of the celebratory pictures?

edit: I now make him out dey, but even on TV Sat he look like he was dey begrudgingly.

Are you f**king serious?  When the trophy was about to be lifted he was behind Gary Neville ready to explode with happiness.. I was a little surprised by how up for it he was... and as soon as the trophy was lifted he grabbed nev and they all started celebrating

Here asshole

Doe study our players... Study Messi saying he willing to talk to Perez

This is him ranting and raving when I said I did not see Homoaldo in any of ManUre's celebrations. But in a strange twist of faith Homoaldo was the one talking to Perez.

I wouldnt say he's the world's best..I think he and Xavi are the World's most dangerous partnership...they compliment each other unbelievably

As for World's best...its between the young Argentine and Cristiano... Both had good games yesterday but IMO Cristiano was more involved

But Messi deserves his world player of the year award as CR7 was not as consistent as last year... watch out next season though  ;)

Seriously, what game you was watching?

I found Messi was good last night...but not that involved as he normally is... Cristiano imo was very good...

A nice witty one liner about Homoaldo playing better than Messi in the CL final when everyone else who watched the game had the opposite opinion.

I could understand their reasons for preferring the La Liga.. weather and language have a major influence..

Perez is an embarrassment.. Real as well..  they have no respect to any club.. you ever hear any clubs announcing their targets and publicly boasting that they will sign.. but i guess he has to do it to win over the fans but it's a little embarrassing

I hope he continues to talk about Cristiano and get a big f**k off from Fergie...again

Well we all know how this one turned out.

Més que un club.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 12, 2009, 07:09:04 AM »
From The Times
June 11, 2009
Sir Alex Ferguson in fight to halt exodus after record £80m Cristiano Ronaldo deal

Sir Alex Ferguson could lose two more of his Manchester United stars in the wake of Cristiano Ronaldo’s £80 million world-record transfer to Real Madrid.

Despite Ronaldo’s impending exit from Old Trafford, Carlos Tévez, the Argentina striker, still wants to leave the club and United are bracing themselves for offers from Barcelona, and possibly Real, for Nemanja Vidic.

Vidic’s wife, Ana, is growing increasingly unsettled in Manchester and wants to move to a warmer climate. Pep Guardiola, the Barcelona coach, is hoping to exploit the situation by making a £25 million bid for the Serbia defender.

Ferguson will fight tooth and nail to keep Vidic, who has three years left on his contract, but despite telephoning Tévez to urge him to stay, the United manager appears to be chasing a lost cause. Manchester City lead the pursuit of the striker’s signature, ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea.

United have lined up Antonio Valencia, the Wigan Athletic and Ecuador winger, as a replacement for Ronaldo, but in the event that Tévez leaves, Ferguson will be forced, reluctantly, to go back into the transfer market for another player.

Ferguson admires Franck Ribéry, the Bayern Munich winger, and Karim Benzema, the Lyons striker, but the United manager may be reluctant to do business given the prices being quoted by their respective clubs.

Bayern want €75 million (£64 million) for Ribéry and Lyons €50 million for Benzema, who is only 21 and remains largely unproven outside of his native France.

“We have said we will only deal under certain conditions,” Uli Hoeness, the Bayern general manager, said. “Namely, if the others want to do really crazy things.”

Remarkably, it took United only two hours to agree to Real’s offer for Ronaldo. David Gill, the United chief executive, was making his way to Geneva for a meeting with Fifa officials when his office received a fax from the Spanish club at about 6pm on Wednesday. Sources close to Gill insist that there was no warning from Real that a bid would be forthcoming.

Gill telephoned Ferguson first, then contacted Ronaldo’s camp, before the matter was taken to the Glazer family, the club’s owners, who insisted that the ultimate decision rested with Ferguson, at which point the manager gave the green light to sell the Portugal forward.

The news brought to an end a bitter three-year tug-of-war between the clubs, although it was greeted with an angry reaction by Michel Platini, the Uefa president. He described the fee as a “serious challenge to the idea of fair play” and vowed to establish new rules governing transfers in an effort to “clean up the system”.

It is understood that United will receive the fee in four annual instalments of £20 million. Sources close to the Glazer family insist that Ferguson will be free to reinvest the money on players, despite the club being faced with an interest bill of £69 million last year on their £699 million of debt.

In financial terms, though, the real winner is Ronaldo, 24, who is expected to sign a six-year contract before being formally confirmed as a Real player on July 1.

His salary will start at £9.5 million a year, rising 25 per cent annually to a staggering £29 million — or just over £557,500 a week — in the final year. He stands to earn up to £107 million.

Real’s outlay on Ronaldo and Kaká, who joined for £56 million this week, could total £330 million, with the club paying more than £1 million a week in wages for the pair come the 2014-2015 season.

Now this worries me more than Ronaldo leaving. If Vidic does go, I hope Fergie can find a good replacement!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 12, 2009, 07:27:42 AM »
ronaldo bought for 12 Mil sold for 80 mil, good piece of business, Nani time to step up now......
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 12, 2009, 07:51:23 AM »
ronaldo bought for 12 Mil sold for 80 mil, good piece of business, Nani time to step up now......

Discount that over 6 seasons by the rate at which he's actually gotten better (i.e. Madrid isn't buying the same merchandise that Man U bought six seasons ago) plus the rate of inflation (i.e what cost 12M six seasons ago costs ALOT more than 12M today)...... and that "piece of business" is not as good as you might actually think.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 12, 2009, 07:54:14 AM »
Expect a rush to the exit from the EPL. Because of the new taxation system and the collapse of the sterling compared to last year, the domination of the EPL clubs will cease because of financial  reasons.
If Ronaldo received the same pay in Spain as he did in England he would take home 25% more because of taxes.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 12, 2009, 08:12:42 AM »
Man U is

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 12, 2009, 08:27:27 AM »
The problem with all clubs not only Manicou is when they receive that kind of money, other clubs usually jack up the price on players.

So lets just say that Ribery was going to be 25 mil and then ManU comes knocking then all of a sudden the price goes up to 30 mil no negotiations.

Selling a player for that kind of $ could sometimes be a curse. Ask Barca, when they sold Figo what was then a world record fee ended up in disaster.

Més que un club.

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 12, 2009, 10:53:43 AM »
I'm not mad at this sale at all, in fact when i saw it this morning i was all smiles, kindda happy lol. Now he's there headache to deal with, Real needed defenders but instead went out and buy 2 attacking players.....nice.......Barca still hitting them for 6 next season...........Tevez is gonna stay now and now is Rooney time to shine, lets go ManU.

On a side not i would just like to say Sepp Blatter can go facking kill himself, Fack you, Facking d!ck sucking c**t.........When chelsea was spending big and Man City wanted to pay over 100mil for Kaka you had serious problems with that talking out your ass, you wanted to regulate club spending with a cap. Now Real made one huge signing and about to make another and its all good, now its healthy for football. why dont you just come out and say how much you hate english power in football, bias asshole.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 12, 2009, 10:55:32 AM »

Discount that over 6 seasons by the rate at which he's actually gotten better (i.e. Madrid isn't buying the same merchandise that Man U bought six seasons ago) plus the rate of inflation (i.e what cost 12M six seasons ago costs ALOT more than 12M today)...... and that "piece of business" is not as good as you might actually think.

Still real dam good by any standards. Still nearly a 40% IRR. Any investor will snatch that
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 12, 2009, 11:32:02 AM »

Still real dam good by any standards. Still nearly a 40% IRR. Any investor will snatch that

I wanna see your DCF model-

how yuh get that 40% ?

What is yuh discount rate and the assumptions behind it

Lastly- IRR is shit  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 12, 2009, 11:37:54 AM »

I feel you eh take out the man salary in that DCF analysis ;)

Good piece of business anyhow you look at it.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: June 18, 2009, 03:30:38 PM »
No way them two players worth that...... and they still wont win the league again next season

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cristiano Ronaldo 'more complete' than Messi
« Reply #766 on: December 23, 2009, 02:11:07 PM »
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo beats Lionel Messi in Marca study

After a year in which Lionel Messi won pretty much every accolade up for grabs, Cristiano Ronaldo can finally celebrate getting one over on the Argentine as Spanish daily Marca proclaimed that 'Cristiano Ronaldo is more complete than Messi'.

Ronaldo must be sick of the sight of Messi. Having watched the Barca man lift the Champions League trophy six months ago, he was again a spectator at the FIFA World Player of the Year Awards this week. 'CR9' isn’t used to second place.

However, a comprehensive study by Marca revealed that Cristiano Ronaldo is seemingly the more complete player; winning six out of the ten selected categories.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'more complete' than Messi
« Reply #767 on: December 23, 2009, 03:38:26 PM »
Jeez!, These guys have nothing better to do. I am so glad they are different. They both are good in their own way. They get the results. That is the most important. I would definitely want both of them on my team.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 23, 2009, 04:32:47 PM »
That is some :bs:

Messi = big player in big games = superior mental capabilities

Messi = central player with high pass success rate = better passer than wing player.

Messi = constantly leading his team to silverware = greater leadership qualities.

Messi = dominant central player = more complete player.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 23, 2009, 04:36:44 PM »
cristiano ronaldo is more complete bs than messi, thats what should be said..

Current Ballon d'or and FIFA world player of the year, enough said.

Marca is a madrid mouthpiece lets not forget that.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 23, 2009, 04:40:49 PM »
cristiano ronaldo is more complete bs than messi, thats what should be said..

Current Ballon d'or and FIFA world player of the year, enough said.

Marca is a madrid mouthpiece lets not forget that.

aye I now watch dat... thais a Marca piece in truth... no credibility then...

and i is ah Madridista!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 23, 2009, 06:03:23 PM »
I will not deride a Real Madrid player. Omar, Ronaldo has been plaing very well for Real Madrid. The Clasico was his first game back after a two month injury and he still was not poor or irrelevant. He actually had the best chance of the game and if it hadn't been his first game back after injury, he would have scored and that Clasico would have been a different story. He's also playing well in the CL. He has 13 goals in 12 games and those weren't against shittong teams either.

He and Messi can't be compared because they are very different players but most coaches would give a lot to have either one on their teams. But now that Messi has won FIFA World Player of the Year, he is now good enough to come and play for Madrid.  ;D
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 23, 2009, 06:12:17 PM »
And 'complete' does not necessarily mean that he is more spectacular than Messi, cos Messi is spectacular in his own right. His ball control is phenomenal; playng with the ball at his feet you cannot dispossess him. Ronaldo on the other hand uses his incredible speed to burst past defenders. I think he's a more powerful athlete (like the second goal he scored against Marseille and being fouled, rolled over, got up and scored in one motion). The only thing that I think he's outright better at are free-kicks. Messi does not do many of those. Anyway, there's a whole half a season remaining for them to battle it out barring they both remain fit. If Barca think it'll be easy for them to retain those trophies, they better think again. This neo-galatico project is faring much better in their first year than Barca's Fantastic Four debacle when Real romped to back-to-back La Liga titles.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 23, 2009, 06:28:05 PM »
Total madness trying to compare a general ala messi with a private ala ronaldo.....not even close.....

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 23, 2009, 06:29:16 PM »
Viva Ronaldo

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 23, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »
Total madness trying to compare a general ala messi with a private ala ronaldo.....not even close.....

So far Ronaldo has been just as much a "general". And I don't think Messi leads in that sense to make him a "general".
www.westindiantube.com

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 23, 2009, 06:33:27 PM »
;D

but it is very good to see that he stop he "Swan Divin"
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 23, 2009, 07:32:15 PM »
I've said it before, (time and time again) and I'll say it again.....there's a market for the razzle-dazzle, glittery, shiny football that is cronaldo just like there is a market for ugly shoes.  If bata make a cheap, ugly pair ah bullets, SOMEbody go buy dem! But that's all good and well for the people that like them.  Messi, on the other hand, is more like a pair of Bally's.  Soft leather, excellent craftsmanship, very comfortable, classy, stylish classic finish.  More people like Bally's than like the Bata bullets. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 30, 2009, 01:09:36 PM »
All those talking about Messi leading his team...what about his ongoing disappearing act for Argentina?

Barca is a better team than Real or Man U last year, but to berate CR9 or his individual ability is asinine.

CR9 is bigger, stronger, faster, is a superior shooter and has scored >40 goals in one season.
Messi is an unbeleivable player with dazzling dribbling skills and vision but he benefits from playing on a great team. Put him in another environment, a la Argentina, and he looks decidely ledss spectacular.

It also mystifies me that so many peiople can crown either of these players, player of the decade. We live in a society that is only focused on "what have you done for me lately" and that's really sad.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 30, 2009, 01:32:47 PM »
I've said it before, (time and time again) and I'll say it again.....there's a market for the razzle-dazzle, glittery, shiny football that is cronaldo just like there is a market for ugly shoes.  If bata make a cheap, ugly pair ah bullets, SOMEbody go buy dem! But that's all good and well for the people that like them.  Messi, on the other hand, is more like a pair of Bally's.  Soft leather, excellent craftsmanship, very comfortable, classy, stylish classic finish.  More people like Bally's than like the Bata bullets. 
lol point taken but lil harsh to imply cronaldo to a bata bullets tho

1]; } ?>