March 28, 2024, 02:53:58 PM

Author Topic: Lawrence focused on Wrexham  (Read 1870 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Lawrence focused on Wrexham
« on: July 10, 2006, 01:49:58 PM »
Lawrence focused on Wrexham
By Alex Livie -  Created on 9 Jul 2006
WORLD CUP GLORY
Select your team and play World Cup Glory. 3 mins each way to make your mark!

Trinidad & Tobago star Dennis Lawrence says he is fully focused on starting the new season with Wrexham.

The powerful defender enjoyed a taste of the big time when producing three solid displays for his country at the World Cup.

Lawrence has revealed that his efforts caught the eye of interested parties, but he is not looking to engineer a move away from League Two side Wrexham.

"I am looking forward to going back to my club," Lawrence told Sky Sports News.

"I have spoken to my agent in the last week or so and there have been questions and enquiries, but I am a Wrexham player and I am happy to be there and I am not looking forward to going anywhere.

"I am looking forward to Monday and starting training with my team-mates."

Reflecting on his efforts in Germany, where he produced three good performances against Sweden, England and Paraguay, Lawrence said: "I did enjoy the World Cup.

"It was a fantastic experience and one that will live with me for the rest of my life."

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Lawrence focused on Wrexham
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 01:54:03 PM »
I respect that desicion fully... he is thinking about his family... too much of a good thing can turn it sour... he is a wise man...

I think he may not have been our most outstanding player of the World Cup... that will probably go to Carlos or Dwight however I think he was easily our most solid player...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 02:06:51 PM »
Well allyuh know sometimes them managers or 'gaffers' ( what a fackery name) doh have the same kinda loyalty. Sometimes they dis be looking at other man tuh displace yuh yes.
The man sounding like allbusiness; that is the way it ought to be yes. Fete done all fun aside now down to business.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 06:51:45 PM »
if you have been recognized for doing a good job at work why turn down a promotion, that can be good for both your career and your finances?

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 07:09:04 PM »
The problem is that at his age it aint much out there for him. I am sure if somebody come with something concrete he will take it but untill then....Wrexham paying he wages.

Trinis aint no fools.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 07:13:48 PM »
Yea de man right at this stage of his life go for the sure thing.These agents does just talk yes.He have the same agent as Sancho and Carlos Edwards.During the world cup their agent said a lot of interest has been shown towards these guys.Season is about to start and nothing happening.I agree with Lawrence,yuh have to take care of your family first.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 08:10:53 PM »
He will probably move if he getting a good prem offer but not to a next second or third devision side in another country

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 08:14:04 PM »
Lawrence, dat is ah professional answer tuh give tuh de public, but we all know yuh on yuh way tuh another club, after dat solid performance in de world cup. Bless and best of luck.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 09:29:06 AM »
big up to lawrence

but if u get smething solid maybe in the championship i think u should give urself the challenge and see where it takes you
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>