March 28, 2024, 02:17:41 PM

Author Topic: Gally says T&T football have too much bad mind....from Express  (Read 18674 times)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Gally says T&T football have too much bad mind....from Express
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2006, 08:55:40 AM »
I know the man personally,because he coached me at a time when college football in trini was boss,he was always involved in every aspect of the game,so I ask of all don't judge because you may disagree with him for taking a stance on what he saw as the teams flaws on a coaching level,he would be doing an injustice to himself if he did,nt sound off at some point,if anyone is qualified to do it,is gally he earns that right.

I would like guys on this site to think for second,if no one objected or expressed how they feel it would'nt be a democracy and at the end of the day don't matter what you do or say you'll be criticized for doing it anyway.      

this site is all about objection and personal opinion, and still thers is almost total agreement that he is a bitter human being, that says alot.

Gally feel he have some great insight into the game that allows him to say "Latas should have played more" stueeps every man woman an child came up with that same thought.

The only thing Gally has earned is respect for a job well done, and now a very bad reputation...nothing is owed to him  I dont know why people does always feel they entitled to future earnings on past results.

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2006, 08:56:10 AM »
de part about Beenie keeping Latapy out the England game doh make any sense. what purpose it serving for the coach to sabotage the team?

trinis love ah conspiracy theory...

hey breds, read the article again i guess you did not undrstand what he ment which i myself agree with him. bennie wanted to playa defensive game but with latapy in that style of game would change because latapy is an attacking player but beenhakker prefer the defensive style of play meaning, our team would now become open for attacks that's all  
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 11:35:41 AM by davyjenny »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2006, 08:57:18 AM »
What has Gally done progressively since leaving the team in 89? Has he done any coaching courses? Or he know too much tuh attend....or he going on pass glory? Even BSC did some cousres or observational work.

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2006, 08:57:24 AM »
gally could haul...

most of trinidad would rather latapy come on and we could oooo and aaaaahhh and get bout 3 or 4...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2006, 08:58:49 AM »
point is we reach the world cup, nobody never carry we before...and this isnt the best lot of players we ever had...

so God bless ben lion...gally could lick my salt nuts...who vex lorse...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2006, 09:33:27 AM »
What has Gally done progressively since leaving the team in 89? Has he done any coaching courses? Or he know too much tuh attend....or he going on pass glory? Even BSC did some cousres or observational work.

good point. from his comments, he doh acknowledge de value of practical coaching experience from outside...

But you were pleased with us getting to the World Cup?

Oh yeah. Since I left Fatima college I've dedicated myself to our football, nothing else. Some people do it part-time and halfway. If is one person who has been involved in football all my life, is Gally Cummings. I didn't go away and coach foreign teams, I stayed right here and worked with our boys for our football and it was a dream to see our team get to the World Cup; and it finally came true.

the faster our coaches learn, the faster our players will progress. and this "doh go off de island" mentality slows our coach's rate of learning. football is an international ting.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 09:38:54 AM by ribbit »

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2006, 10:21:02 AM »
Gally talking a whole set of bitter tata. He disqualify himself for the job by saying that Kaka and Ronaldinho small.
I am not saying that Beenhakker is perfect but he is in a completely different class to Gally. The man is just making a complete ass of himself.
Yes, all that Beenhakker needed was for Gally and dem coming into the camp and starting to tell man that they shoud be playing and causing disunity in the team.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2006, 10:30:02 AM »
Gally,
WHAH!!! WHAH!!! WHAH!!!
Stop with the sour grapes. It looks sad to see you trying to knock a coach who has gotten us to a world cup when you failed!

Don Leo got T&T playing way above our capabilty and there is not a current player on the squad who can say differently. I am not saying that he is perfect and not without faults however the man inspired a group of lower league players to play the hardest 270 minutes of their life.

Gally that Trinibago style you were talking about would have gotten us 6 versus Sweden and England easily. We have been playing a Trinibago style for a long time and we got our ass run all over the field.  If you don't believe me look at our games before Leo got here under Bertile and company. That included a 5-1 cut arse versus a shit team Guatemala last year. If playing the Trinibago style that would have embrassed us on the World stage looks more attractive than the boring international style that gave us pride and recognition; sign me up for boring.

That is football get over it.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2006, 11:04:35 AM »
not only was this article bad mind,but real egotistical..I do this and I do that

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2006, 11:17:14 AM »
de part about Beenie keeping Latapy out the England game doh make any sense. what purpose it serving for the coach to sabotage the team?

I totally disagree with you,I'll tell you why,gally said it right in the last 20mins of the game england was fustrated,spent,bringing on latas would've stalled erickson plans of bringing on a forward,because of latas attacking capabilities,enoug said talk done wrong move on beenies part and I agree with gally on this one.............peace.   

Is allright to look back and criiticize.  Hindsight is always 20/20 as they say.  Ask Gally why he let the US beat TT in 1989.  Was it bad coaching?  Why didn't he do this or that?  Blame him!  (Ah guess we did that)  But did he like it?  Did he think that was  appropriate?  What goes around comes around.  Why would you mess with a team or change the philosophy that holding England for 83 minutes?  Beenehaker gamble and he loss.  He is in place to make strategic opinions on coaching.  We tried - for the first time, I mght add -  and did creditably. Tough luck but let's stop the personal attacks and accusing this person of bad mind and this group of vindictiveness etc, etc.  Nobody truly thought we could contain England for that long.  In the end we had a good experience and we must build on it.  But with his attitude of sour grapes, he surely is not the appropriate person to lead the team to 2010.  Talk about bad mind and vindictiveness.  That is Gally Cummings!

What f**kery ah hearing ..........De man never say he doh like Lincoln.....All de man was saying is dat his job was done in TNT before. He didn't have anything wit Lincoln. Dat statement was for TTFF an dem. When you get exposed to de f**kery of TTFF and J W you will understand the man grief and gripe.

Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2006, 11:19:40 AM »

Well let meh tell yuh.........A lot of couses and seminars around the world.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2006, 11:24:06 AM »
point is we reach the world cup, nobody never carry we before...and this isnt the best lot of players we ever had...

The same high and almighty JW and de mafia of world Football dat yuh so look highly up to is de one yuh should be looking to when yuh talk about not reaching World Cup.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2006, 11:29:15 AM »

The same high and almighty JW and de mafia of world Football dat yuh so look highly up to is de one yuh should be looking to when yuh talk about not reaching World Cup.

well if we talking mafia it eh matter who coach?...why bring ben in the first place?
jack could get we anywhere!!!
*bullsh!t...*

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2006, 11:35:03 AM »

well if we talking mafia it eh matter who coach?...why bring ben in the first place?
jack could get we anywhere!!!
*bullsh!t...*

Glad to know, because he have a long way to go still before TNT ever forgive him for his transgressionsHe may die before he ever eperience peace in TNT. :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 11:37:03 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2006, 11:36:28 AM »
:P

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2006, 11:36:57 AM »
I know the man personally,because he coached me at a time when college football in trini was boss,he was always involved in every aspect of the game,so I ask of all don't judge because you may disagree with him for taking a stance on what he saw as the teams flaws on a coaching level,he would be doing an injustice to himself if he did,nt sound off at some point,if anyone is qualified to do it,is gally he earns that right.

I would like guys on this site to think for second,if no one objected or expressed how they feel it would'nt be a democracy and at the end of the day don't matter what you do or say you'll be criticized for doing it anyway.      

I don't think men are opposed to his view, and the fact that it is a little different....the way it came off was a little bitter, and that doesn't always go down well.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2006, 11:52:45 AM »
The truly sad thing about this interview with Gally is that the underlying (or overlying) tones of comments are shrouded in bitterness towards the Coach and the Administration.  But in saying that I thought that he had a couple of good points.  

When it comes to criticizing a coach, it is very easy to do such, the day after.  It real easy to say "He shoulda do this or he shoulda do that after the game."  Steups.  We will never know how the game would have played out.  But we can see how the coach tactics played out for the most part and for me Gally hinted at most of our sentiments when he said that he was happy that we were not disgraced.  Is that not a credit to the coach noting the talent of the present team and the opposition which we were meeting???

I would take any abuse for the following statement but I think "many men (including some on this forum) following the Soca Warriors journey to the World Cup and during the World Cup have an overly inflated opinion of how good this team is/was."  If we were to play this so-called kaiso-football of an attacking nature we would have gotten a handfull of goals in each match (especially with Yorke playing all out in attack).  Other than Yorke show me the Makelele or Vieria, Deco, Gatuso, or Lampard on our team that one minute shooting at goal and the next minute clearing ball of our goal line that would allow for more a midfield player who is purely attacking to be on the field for 90 minutes.  Not to mention a World Class back four.  Steups.  We have neither!!

Gally - There is no need to attack another coach to highlight your credentials.  And by the way Gally your credentials cannot even be written on the same paper as Beenie Man but that does not take away from your accomplishments to Trinbago Football.

Blessings.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 12:37:56 PM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2006, 03:23:18 PM »

and he has done what with it?

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2006, 07:16:34 PM »

ent he was coaching Fatima or was it Carapichima?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2006, 01:36:06 AM »

yeaaaa... hmmm Fatima... Carapichima... looks like Gally's profile might just stand up to Leos after all!!
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2006, 05:51:28 AM »

yeaaaa... hmmm Fatima... Carapichima... looks like Gally's profile might just stand up to Leos after all!!

how did Carapichima do last year by the way oh and he is TD of San fernando star worlds strikers
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2006, 07:24:02 AM »
Here's how I feel about Gally's comments. The point about bringing on Latapy against England made sense and in fact I agree with him. The point about Trinidad qualifying about without a structure is and infinite truism that I wouldn't even try to contradict. Everything else he said was prime A-grade GOBAR. Everybody knows that Latapy and Yorke and others of that generation were the products of a youth system and as unsophisticated as it was it was effective. What exactly is he insinuating ? That focusing on a modern youth system does not lead to a good national team. Apparently Gally doesn't remember that the U20 team was recently embarrassed by Haiti and Dominica. These are the men who in 5 years will make up a significant proportion of the national team. We had  an U14 team two years ago that really impressed me. I'm now hearing of an U16 tournament coming up but that team rarely trained when the U14 tournament ended. The Americans have their players in camps for months. We want to know why they continue to improve. The truth is what Lincoln is doing is new because his approach is systematic one where players develop from amatuer youths into world class pros. It involves a range of stakeholders and puts an emphasis on the contribution of the community to players' development. That, in my mind has never been implemented on a massive scale.

I advise Gally and men like him to find a Pro-League team and contribute. Allow the league to develop and become more competitive.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2006, 07:46:58 AM »
This man talking real shite here boy.
He seems to be the one threatened by Leo.
Plus,
what style of football this man talking about boy? haha
because a man could do a spanner he feel we have a real good attack.
When Latas came on in the final game we were only a goal down due to an own goal.
After Latas came on they actively SCORED on us.
Great player? ABSOLUTELY
Defensive liability? YES

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2006, 08:09:58 AM »
We had  an U14 team two years ago that really impressed me. I'm now hearing of an U16 tournament coming up but that team rarely trained when the U14 tournament ended. The Americans have their players in camps for months. We want to know why they continue to improve. The truth is what Lincoln is doing is new because his approach is systematic one where players develop from amatuer youths into world class pros.

How much responsibility does Lincoln have to take for the U-16 team not being in training?
He's been at the helm for a while.
One of the panelists suggested there has been no preparation that he knows of (I believe is this tournament he was referring to).

I doh know if they have been training or not but if they haven't what is the reason....funds supposed to be available.  Is he getting trouble accessing the funds?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2006, 08:22:20 AM »
This man talking real shite here boy.
He seems to be the one threatened by Leo.
Plus,
what style of football this man talking about boy? haha
because a man could do a spanner he feel we have a real good attack.
When Latas came on in the final game we were only a goal down due to an own goal.
After Latas came on they actively SCORED on us.
Great player? ABSOLUTELY
Defensive liability? YES

It is all theory! If If If If look lets be honest, even if we accept that Don Leo used a more defensive structure. We were still out shot in every game and quite frankly I for one believe that we would have conceded more goals had we played differently.
Look opening game vs Sweden, Leo know we had to keep it tight. Get use to the WC not go down goals and lose confidence. Shaka and the defense made sure of that. Then we went down to 10 men. What did don Leo do, put o an attacker. I meh self gasp at first, I say de man have grapefruit for balls.
But say wha it made believers of the team, it unified the team. But check good when we had the ball is not like we did not play and just boots the ball down field. The team try to build and play. Yes sometimes we had to relieve pressure by playing long up to Stern and he did well, but my point is the players had freedom to play.

then against England, we did well held them, created chances, some may argue better chances than against Sweden. 10 minutes left 0-0 would dem men if they were coaching really bring on Latas??? Please!

The Latapy thing is the only argument, men falling back on. Yet men forget that Latapy after the Guatemala game really under performed. So Latapy making that much of a difference is a theory. Much like all of France calling for Cantona & Ginola before WC 98.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2006, 08:55:19 AM »
We had  an U14 team two years ago that really impressed me. I'm now hearing of an U16 tournament coming up but that team rarely trained when the U14 tournament ended. The Americans have their players in camps for months. We want to know why they continue to improve. The truth is what Lincoln is doing is new because his approach is systematic one where players develop from amatuer youths into world class pros.

How much responsibility does Lincoln have to take for the U-16 team not being in training?
He's been at the helm for a while.
One of the panelists suggested there has been no preparation that he knows of (I believe is this tournament he was referring to).

I doh know if they have been training or not but if they haven't what is the reason....funds supposed to be available.  Is he getting trouble accessing the funds?

The team has been training i think  as stated in the express article   ken elie is the coach
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2006, 10:49:34 AM »
When yuh want ah interview or consideration for ah wuk, buh the company not considering yuh atall. And the only people willing to give you ah ear is the media, cause dem jus like bachanal...Tell dem, I have nothing to say, cause it go sound bad....and wait and see how much phone call yuh go get 'cause yuh didn't say nuthen bad'.

He want the work, and he answer the questions asked of him honestly. If he doh get the wuk, at least he could live with himself for being who he is....and not being who everyone wish him to be, ah nice quiet fella, everybody like, without achieving any of his goals..

I don't agree with everything he say, but that doh mean he must hush he mouth and blend in with the wall....That is not him... Yuh doh think he can do the job because of his mouth(does that really matter),  or yuh doh like his approach or abilities or credentials, fine doh hire him...buh yuh cyar tell him doh speak he mind...wheter he wrong or right....wha is only certain ppl allowed dah privelidge ? If I point out some chupidness BeenE had said (or done), would that make me ah BeenE hater or bitter ?...wha bout wha Panday, or Manning or the fella in the square ? ...Wha bout chupidness I self say or done...then again, nobody media or otherwise ask me, ent ?

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2006, 12:33:06 PM »
When yuh want ah interview or consideration for ah wuk, buh the company not considering yuh atall. And the only people willing to give you ah ear is the media, cause dem jus like bachanal...Tell dem, I have nothing to say, cause it go sound bad....and wait and see how much phone call yuh go get 'cause yuh didn't say nuthen bad'.

He want the work, and he answer the questions asked of him honestly. If he doh get the wuk, at least he could live with himself for being who he is....and not being who everyone wish him to be, ah nice quiet fella, everybody like, without achieving any of his goals..

I don't agree with everything he say, but that doh mean he must hush he mouth and blend in with the wall....That is not him... Yuh doh think he can do the job because of his mouth(does that really matter), or yuh doh like his approach or abilities or credentials, fine doh hire him...buh yuh cyar tell him doh speak he mind...wheter he wrong or right....wha is only certain ppl allowed dah privelidge ? If I point out some chupidness BeenE had said (or done), would that make me ah BeenE hater or bitter ?...wha bout wha Panday, or Manning or the fella in the square ? ...Wha bout chupidness I self say or done...then again, nobody media or otherwise ask me, ent ?
[/u]

ENT ENT!!! ;D ;D ;D :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2006, 01:26:10 PM »

how did Carapichima do last year by the way oh and he is TD of San fernando star worlds strikers

hmmmm Gally ratin up!  ::)
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2006, 02:45:19 PM »
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2006, 10:24:17 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: saga pinto on July 09, 2006, 08:36:01 AM
Quote from: grimm01 on July 09, 2006, 01:34:35 AM

I totally disagree with you,I'll tell you why,gally said it right in the last 20mins of the game england was fustrated,spent,bringing on latas would've stalled erickson plans of bringing on a forward,because of latas attacking capabilities,enoug said talk done wrong move on beenies part and I agree with gally on this one.............peace.   

Is allright to look back and criiticize.  Hindsight is always 20/20 as they say.  Ask Gally why he let the US beat TT in 1989.  Was it bad coaching?  Why didn't he do this or that?  Blame him!  (Ah guess we did that)  But did he like it?  Did he think that was  appropriate?  What goes around comes around.  Why would you mess with a team or change the philosophy that holding England for 83 minutes?  Beenehaker gamble and he loss.  He is in place to make strategic opinions on coaching.  We tried - for the first time, I mght add -  and did creditably. Tough luck but let's stop the personal attacks and accusing this person of bad mind and this group of vindictiveness etc, etc.  Nobody truly thought we could contain England for that long.  In the end we had a good experience and we must build on it.  But with his attitude of sour grapes, he surely is not the appropriate person to lead the team to 2010.  Talk about bad mind and vindictiveness.  That is Gally Cummings!

Wasn't it Gally that took "spiderman" out and put in that other fella that got string up from half field against the USA? Wasn't the reason being that "spiderman" to old and we should go with youth?

Gally need to chill out. To put yourself in the same coaching class as "The Don" and the TD you have be really full of it. He need to try and get Star World to do something before berating men in a higher class. Doing courses and stuff from around the world don't help when you cannot apply it.

Look at the differences. Leo took us out of the desert, dehydrated and starving and led us to the feast and now when the cow is fat, all the butcher want to slaughter. Gally was at the feast in 1989 and led the team to the desert. So much for "I am holier than thou."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>