March 28, 2024, 01:39:22 PM

Author Topic: Gally says T&T football have too much bad mind....from Express  (Read 18673 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Gally says T&T football have too much bad mind....from Express
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2006, 03:23:17 PM »
"That other fella" name was Michael Maurice, and he did a fine job, all around between the posts.

I like how the only people who could criticize in here is people on this forum. I guess talking to weself is ok, but if the ole talk and bitterness get out into the papers then is a problem. Better Gally had login to the forum and just make a post.

All that aside, I still respect the man past accomplishments. Not every endeavour ends in success.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2006, 04:25:37 PM »
Give Gally the Olympic team and let us see what he can do. It was the same Gally against the USA when a draw was needed, had no clue what to say to the players at half time, when it was to be the coach's finest moments in motivating the team.
 Check out Morris's book on the Strike Squad experience, not forgetting that he did not want to play Nakid. Also he said Yorke and Latapy cannot play at the same time.

I know the man hurt ,but he coming across as Sour Grapes and the timing bad,

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2006, 04:39:04 PM »
"That other fella" name was Michael Maurice, and he did a fine job, all around between the posts.

I like how the only people who could criticize in here is people on this forum. I guess talking to weself is ok, but if the ole talk and bitterness get out into the papers then is a problem. Better Gally had login to the forum and just make a post.

All that aside, I still respect the man past accomplishments. Not every endeavour ends in success.

This is the exact point that I made on th last Gally thread.... Everybody else saying all kinda thing on here but getting down on Gally for saying the same thing plenty other people saying.... It dosen't matter if he want the job or not anybody could talk their mind.

When yuh want ah interview or consideration for ah wuk, buh the company not considering yuh atall. And the only people willing to give you ah ear is the media, cause dem jus like bachanal...Tell dem, I have nothing to say, cause it go sound bad....and wait and see how much phone call yuh go get 'cause yuh didn't say nuthen bad'.

He want the work, and he answer the questions asked of him honestly. If he doh get the wuk, at least he could live with himself for being who he is....and not being who everyone wish him to be, ah nice quiet fella, everybody like, without achieving any of his goals..

I don't agree with everything he say, but that doh mean he must hush he mouth and blend in with the wall....That is not him... Yuh doh think he can do the job because of his mouth(does that really matter), or yuh doh like his approach or abilities or credentials, fine doh hire him...buh yuh cyar tell him doh speak he mind...wheter he wrong or right....wha is only certain ppl allowed dah privelidge ? If I point out some chupidness BeenE had said (or done), would that make me ah BeenE hater or bitter ?...wha bout wha Panday, or Manning or the fella in the square ? ...Wha bout chupidness I self say or done...then again, nobody media or otherwise ask me, ent ?

Ahhhh....wisdom there... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2006, 10:24:58 PM »
Ah know de Beenie butt likers would want to know who de hell is Gally to be questioning Massa Beenie, well, de man hit de nail on de head. But as true colonial servants, continue mashing orp any local who dare question allyuh master Beenieman....

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »
Ahhmmm, allyuh really young boy, let meh tell yuh, Michael Maurice is one ah de best, if not de best goalkeeper ever come out of TnT!

I never forget dat game against Flamengo in de National Stadium, Zico et al cyar string Maurice...

Blame dat mistake on de BS 4 hour bus ride that de team endured before dat game!

Wasn't it Gally that took "spiderman" out and put in that other fella that got string up from half field against the USA? Wasn't the reason being that "spiderman" to old and we should go with youth?

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2006, 10:31:38 PM »
1.3 million people want to know why Russell Latapy didn't play in the England game?
A: I would have played him. In the last 15 minutes, England was frustrated, you could have seen it. If we had put Latapy on before [English coach Sven-Goran] Erikkson substituted his own, Erikkson would have had to put on a defender, not an attacker. In a way, when Latapy is on the field, is a threat to Beenhakker.
The team is a better team when Latapy is on the field; we all know that, we all saw that! But Beenhakker wants that team to play defensive and Latapy is offensive; and because of Latapy's leadership qualities and his inspiration as a player and a person, he knows the team will go forward too much. So he has to keep it out! In other words [chuckling], Latapy has such a strong personality that Beenhakker is afraid of him.

It was a deliberate ploy to retain control by the coach?
A: That's my feeling! That's what I see!

But Latapy came on in the last game and we lost?
A: Because he came on when we were one-down! Latapy was the last substitution in the last game! He should have started.

He smokes 40 cigarettes a day, though, and doesn't have the lungs?
A: Rubbish! How much did Ronaldinho run in this tournament? And he's still the best player in the world. Didn't Latapy play the whole game against Guatemala? And we won? Stern John scored. Stern John, Dwight Yorke, are better players, the entire team is a better team when Latapy's on the field.
Latapy's experienced enough, whether he smokes cigarettes or not. If you let the ball do the work, you're not going to be tired. We coaches all see things differently but I think there times in games that were earmarked for him [like] the last 20 minutes.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2006, 11:21:22 PM »
To the local haters, just remember, if Gally had 3.5 spots in 1990, the Strike Squad would have qualified.  Beenie is de only coach to have that 3.5 spots luxury for CONCACAF.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2006, 11:28:02 PM »
Gally want to coach Trinidad and that will never happen,all of a sudden everybody think they could of done a better job,Beenie got us to the wc and to my knowledge NOBODY ELSE DID THAT,let Gally shut he stink ass

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2006, 11:28:54 PM »
If Gally had 3.5 spots, would Strike Squad have qualified?

All ah allyuh, ah bunch of local haters/foreign lovers!

Gally want to coach Trinidad and that will never happen,all of a sudden everybody think they could of done a better job,Beenie got us to the wc and to my knowledge NOBODY ELSE DID THAT,let Gally shut he stink ass

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2006, 11:44:29 PM »

ok answer me this what has Gally done coaching wise to prove that he is worthy of coaching Tand Tnational team? WHAYUHSAY ABOUT THAT?

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2006, 12:05:21 AM »

whuyyuhsay... All the other countries in concacaf have been moving light years faster than us... in developing their national teams... we have been stuck in the back seat since 1989... Yes Gally is a good coach... but he is no Leo Beenhakker... plain and simple.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2006, 12:23:40 AM »
Why allyuh dodging meh question?

Just ansah yes or no, if Gally had 3.5 spots, would Strike Squad have qualified?

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2006, 12:37:00 AM »
Why allyuh dodging meh question?

Just ansah yes or no, if Gally had 3.5 spots, would Strike Squad have qualified?
yes... he would have... but is it still 1989?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2006, 01:02:05 AM »
Another not so bitter man , unless maybe he want to be TD in smart !

Football colonisers
Theodore Lewis
Tuesday, July 11th 2006
Trinidad Exptress Online

This World Cup has revealed the extent to which football has now been colonised on several levels. First, the major centres of the game in the world, the great leagues and teams, are based in Europe. Second, these teams are coached by Europeans, who have imposed a rigid, efficient style of play on the game, that consists of massive amounts of defence, control of the ball, and one - or no more than two - forwards. Goals have been scarce because of cautious play.

Because the great players from all over the world now congregate in Europe, they are all affected by this new oppressive regime of football ideas.

In the old days, Brazilian players played in Brazilian leagues. Pele played most of his career for Santos. When a Brazilian team came out, such as in 1970 in Mexico, what they played was original, not at all affected by this monstrous formula. You were at the edge of your seat, waiting to see which new talent they were going to bring out this time. And that wait was usually rewarded, with the likes of Jairzinho or Paulo Caesar. Last World Cup we saw Ronaldinho as a raw player, this time they had gotten to him. He still plays with the greatest economy, but there is no one to play with. There is no forward line. No samba partners, just Ronaldo loafing, waiting for something. 

Proof that the game has been colonised can be seen with the proliferation of European coaches standing on the sidelines for teams like Ivory Coast, Togo, Ghana, and, of course, Trinidad and Tobago.

So we have a World Cup final and semi-final, with all European teams, the great and stylish African and Latin American teams, and our team, all by the wayside.

I read a piece based on an interview with Everard Cummings, and what he said was that there is a Trinidad and Tobago style of play, and it is premised on attack. And we never got to that, because we were playing defence, with Stern John up from alone, and with the great Russell Latapy on the bench. Everard Cummings is the greatest natural footballer we ever produced, and one of the greatest football minds. I am not against foreign coaches, I am just for local ones. For the same reason that I wanted Fr Clyde Harvey to be our Archbishop. We have to take up our beds and walk at some point. 

Let me say that the only way I would leave Latapy on a bench would be if he came into the stadium in a wheelchair. Only a foreign coach, who does not understand us well, could keep Latas on ice like that. Don't get me wrong; I am not ungrateful to the coach. I am just a Trini, and I can talk if I want. No one who understands the country could leave Latapy on a bench. Everard Cummings is right; they should have played him, and that would have freed up Yorke to roam a bit more, up front with Stern John.

France got to the finals because they brought back older and wiser players-Zidane, Thuram, Makalele and Viera.

In the old days teams used to have a forward line with five men. So five forwards, three mid-fielders, a stopper, and two backs. Then they went to 4-2-4. The modern colonised game has killed off forwards and the idea of flair. Now there is one forward, who has to be serviced. The game is largely tiresome to watch now, except when the South Americans and Africans play. 

These comments aside, this World Cup was just great for the country, sport always doing more than its share to sell us to the world. I felt some resentment when I heard that until the Soca Warriors, Haiti was the smallest country ever in the world cup. Our 1973 team played Haiti in Haiti, and lost having had several goals disallowed. How criminal it is that the world never got to see Warren Archibald, Everard Cummings, Jan Steadman, Leroy DeLeon, among others, on the World Cup stage.  

We must not forget that prior to this year, we have had two very close calls with the World Cup. The Strike Squad was stopped by a single goal. So we are not a fluke, we are the real thing.

The question now is what do we do for an encore. I would get Gally Cummings, Russell Latapy and Dwight Yorke to form a management/coaching unit, that would be completely in charge of getting us ready for 2010. Messi from Argentina is 19 years old. Adebayor of Togo is in his early 20s. Rooney7 is 20. There are boys who are now 15 years old in this country, who should be playing for us the next time. That means we have to renew our efforts in the schools. That is not a job for a foreigner.

- Theodore Lewis is a professor at the University of Minnesota.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2006, 02:13:14 AM »

Football colonisers
Theodore Lewis
Tuesday, July 11th 2006
Trinidad Exptress Online

This World Cup has revealed the extent to which football has now been colonised on several levels. First, the major centres of the game in the world, the great leagues and teams, are based in Europe. Second, these teams are coached by Europeans, who have imposed a rigid, efficient style of play on the game, that consists of massive amounts of defence, control of the ball, and one - or no more than two - forwards. Goals have been scarce because of cautious play.

Because the great players from all over the world now congregate in Europe, they are all affected by this new oppressive regime of football ideas.

In the old days, Brazilian players played in Brazilian leagues. Pele played most of his career for Santos. When a Brazilian team came out, such as in 1970 in Mexico, what they played was original, not at all affected by this monstrous formula. You were at the edge of your seat, waiting to see which new talent they were going to bring out this time. And that wait was usually rewarded, with the likes of Jairzinho or Paulo Caesar. Last World Cup we saw Ronaldinho as a raw player, this time they had gotten to him. He still plays with the greatest economy, but there is no one to play with. There is no forward line. No samba partners, just Ronaldo loafing, waiting for something.Â

Proof that the game has been colonised can be seen with the proliferation of European coaches standing on the sidelines for teams like Ivory Coast, Togo, Ghana, and, of course, Trinidad and Tobago.

So we have a World Cup final and semi-final, with all European teams, the great and stylish African and Latin American teams, and our team, all by the wayside.

I read a piece based on an interview with Everard Cummings, and what he said was that there is a Trinidad and Tobago style of play, and it is premised on attack. And we never got to that, because we were playing defence, with Stern John up from alone, and with the great Russell Latapy on the bench. Everard Cummings is the greatest natural footballer we ever produced, and one of the greatest football minds. I am not against foreign coaches, I am just for local ones. For the same reason that I wanted Fr Clyde Harvey to be our Archbishop. We have to take up our beds and walk at some point.Â

Let me say that the only way I would leave Latapy on a bench would be if he came into the stadium in a wheelchair. Only a foreign coach, who does not understand us well, could keep Latas on ice like that. Don't get me wrong; I am not ungrateful to the coach. I am just a Trini, and I can talk if I want. No one who understands the country could leave Latapy on a bench. Everard Cummings is right; they should have played him, and that would have freed up Yorke to roam a bit more, up front with Stern John.

France got to the finals because they brought back older and wiser players-Zidane, Thuram, Makalele and Viera.

In the old days teams used to have a forward line with five men. So five forwards, three mid-fielders, a stopper, and two backs. Then they went to 4-2-4. The modern colonised game has killed off forwards and the idea of flair. Now there is one forward, who has to be serviced. The game is largely tiresome to watch now, except when the South Americans and Africans play.Â

These comments aside, this World Cup was just great for the country, sport always doing more than its share to sell us to the world. I felt some resentment when I heard that until the Soca Warriors, Haiti was the smallest country ever in the world cup. Our 1973 team played Haiti in Haiti, and lost having had several goals disallowed. How criminal it is that the world never got to see Warren Archibald, Everard Cummings, Jan Steadman, Leroy DeLeon, among others, on the World Cup stage. Â

We must not forget that prior to this year, we have had two very close calls with the World Cup. The Strike Squad was stopped by a single goal. So we are not a fluke, we are the real thing.

The question now is what do we do for an encore. I would get Gally Cummings, Russell Latapy and Dwight Yorke to form a management/coaching unit, that would be completely in charge of getting us ready for 2010. Messi from Argentina is 19 years old. Adebayor of Togo is in his early 20s. Rooney7 is 20. There are boys who are now 15 years old in this country, who should be playing for us the next time. That means we have to renew our efforts in the schools. That is not a job for a foreigner.

gally did alot for t&t football but i don't think it is up to gally to "define" what t&t football is. defining t&t football as just "attacking football" neglects, even belittles, the progress that has been made by this generation of footballers. if it is one thing this world cup has demonstrated is that t&t can play defence as well!!

some may attribute this style of play to the "coloniser" but isn't football (and cricket for that matter) the coloniser's game anyway?

the recent strides in t&t football are an evolution. perhaps the goal should be that t&t can play any style of football depending on what is required - i.e. what we want.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2006, 04:14:52 AM »
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2006, 10:24:17 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: saga pinto on July 09, 2006, 08:36:01 AM
Quote from: grimm01 on July 09, 2006, 01:34:35 AM
de part about Beenie keeping Latapy out the England game doh make any sense. what purpose it serving for the coach to sabotage the team?

trinis love ah conspiracy theory...

I totally disagree with you,I'll tell you why,gally said it right in the last 20mins of the game england was fustrated,spent,bringing on latas would've stalled erickson plans of bringing on a forward,because of latas attacking capabilities,enoug said talk done wrong move on beenies part and I agree with gally on this one.............peace.   

Is allright to look back and criiticize.  Hindsight is always 20/20 as they say.  Ask Gally why he let the US beat TT in 1989.  Was it bad coaching?  Why didn't he do this or that?  Blame him!  (Ah guess we did that)  But did he like it?  Did he think that was  appropriate?  What goes around comes around.  Why would you mess with a team or change the philosophy that holding England for 83 minutes?  Beenehaker gamble and he loss.  He is in place to make strategic opinions on coaching.  We tried - for the first time, I mght add -  and did creditably. Tough luck but let's stop the personal attacks and accusing this person of bad mind and this group of vindictiveness etc, etc.  Nobody truly thought we could contain England for that long.  In the end we had a good experience and we must build on it.  But with his attitude of sour grapes, he surely is not the appropriate person to lead the team to 2010.  Talk about bad mind and vindictiveness.  That is Gally Cummings!

Wasn't it Gally that took "spiderman" out and put in that other fella that got string up from half field against the USA? Wasn't the reason being that "spiderman" to old and we should go with youth?

Gally need to chill out. To put yourself in the same coaching class as "The Don" and the TD you have be really full of it. He need to try and get Star World to do something before berating men in a higher class. Doing courses and stuff from around the world don't help when you cannot apply it.

Look at the differences. Leo took us out of the desert, dehydrated and starving and led us to the feast and now when the cow is fat, all the butcher want to slaughter. Gally was at the feast in 1989 and led the team to the desert. So much for "I am holier than thou."

LOL......yuh could tell dis is ah young chicken...... :D

He talking bout Spiderman better than Michael...... :D

For your information Michael Maurice save we from nuff goal in we pweffen.....So wha de best keepers get string up at some point in their time, is only human we dealing wit.

If it was Carter we wouldah have bout 3-5 goals in we tail in every match......After de Costa Rica game Gally mek de change cause Cater get string up nuff time ..........

Dese fellas talking and eh know nothing bout ah Professional like Gally Cummings..Leh meh tell yuh, Warner once he dey running tings Gally eh have no chance tuh mek coach cause Gally doh hold no water in  he mouth to tell nobody nuttin. Jack still holding the belief of ah colonial system.....

Yuh know.....ah could understand when ah youth man open he mouth and say dem shite in ignorance but when ah hear fellas who supposed to know de the difference Gally made in 89 and made de world stand up and tek notice ah TNT as a potential footballing nation ah does jes ha tuh shake meh head and say ' Is Trinis ah dealing wit nuttin go change.' Such ah  great 'footballing mind' and we jes willing to throw him on de wayside.

Anybody remember when we beat USA in 94 dat it was Gally who was at de head ah the technical team jes after takin reigns. Den for some unknown reason Jack say we want ah foreigner to head de National team.

Bad mind ah go kill demmmm................

Ah done posting on dis subject cause that above post done tell meh what ah dealing wit....

Hold it dong !
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 04:51:59 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2006, 04:27:54 AM »

Football colonisers
Theodore Lewis
Tuesday, July 11th 2006
Trinidad Exptress Online

In the old days, Brazilian players played in Brazilian leagues. Pele played most of his career for Santos. When a Brazilian team came out, such as in 1970 in Mexico, what they played was original, not at all affected by this monstrous formula. You were at the edge of your seat, waiting to see which new talent they were going to bring out this time. And that wait was usually rewarded, with the likes of Jairzinho or Paulo Caesar. Last World Cup we saw Ronaldinho as a raw player, this time they had gotten to him. He still plays with the greatest economy, but there is no one to play with. There is no forward line. No samba partners, just Ronaldo loafing, waiting for something. 

I read a piece based on an interview with Everard Cummings, and what he said was that there is a Trinidad and Tobago style of play, and it is premised on attack. And we never got to that, because we were playing defence, with Stern John up from alone, and with the great Russell Latapy on the bench. Everard Cummings is the greatest natural footballer we ever produced, and one of the greatest football minds. I am not against foreign coaches, I am just for local ones. For the same reason that I wanted Fr Clyde Harvey to be our Archbishop. We have to take up our beds and walk at some point. 

In the old days teams used to have a forward line with five men. So five forwards, three mid-fielders, a stopper, and two backs. Then they went to 4-2-4. The modern colonised game has killed off forwards and the idea of flair. Now there is one forward, who has to be serviced. The game is largely tiresome to watch now, except when the South Americans and Africans play. 

These comments aside, this World Cup was just great for the country, sport always doing more than its share to sell us to the world. I felt some resentment when I heard that until the Soca Warriors, Haiti was the smallest country ever in the world cup. Our 1973 team played Haiti in Haiti, and lost having had several goals disallowed. How criminal it is that the world never got to see Warren Archibald, Everard Cummings, Jan Steadman, Leroy DeLeon, among others, on the World Cup stage.  

Me eh care what nobody say. De bes piece ah ball we play for sometime untill Wold Cup 06 was under Gally. Attractive and attacking football and defense was always under control. Check all de games we play under Cummings we never up to dis day ever loss by more dan one goal.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2006, 06:15:38 AM »
You can't compare 2006 with 1989.The Environment was different. The threat from competitors was much lower than it is now. Granted the 89 team probably had more 'talent' but to simply compare 06 to 89 brand is not fair to the quality of opposition we now face and to the advancements in physical and tactical training over the past 17 years. It is also probably fair to say that the 89 team played more attractive football. As much as we all love attractive football it is not the be all and end of football. Case in point, Ghana and Ivory Coast.

Gally's comment about T&T attacking more is erroneous and the facts as presented in Germany prove that. I said in an earlier thread that even though Trinidad played backs to wall defense against Sweden and England and Shaka was in inspired form I would invite people to review video of those games objectively and forget for a moment that you are Trinidadian. I observed that Sweden created at least 2 chances that were inexcusably unconverted and  England missed at least 4 sitters against us. Imagine how much more space we would have left behind if we attacked more against England. Against Paraguay well I don't need to comment on that, everybody saw it. What I'm getting at is Gally could say anything he wants after the fact. I might be saying this at the risk of some abuse but say it anyway. We worked hard, we had a good coach, a great leader on the park and WE WERE LUCKY. What we have is a corps of decent players with a few with the potential to be world class.

I tired talking about this issue. The national team is just the final product of community football, organised youth systems, and the professional league. We were the oldest team at the World Cup and should be more concernced with where we find a few creative players and two world class defenders to replace the twin towers of Andrews and Lawrence and how do we get Jones and Glen to play cohesively. Gally is a relic with a 1989 football mind.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2006, 06:31:37 AM »
Pass 10 trini  how did that secondary school do with gally as head coach.???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2006, 07:00:40 AM »
Gally talks  a lot about his team and the attacking football they played. Is this fact or fiction? From my memory the most the Strike Squad score in a qualification game was 4 vs Guyana. After that I think the most they scored was 2 goals (in 2 games). From wnat I remember the rest was 1 goal games.

tallman where yuh? How many qualification games did Strike squad play? Goals scored? My memory saying about 15 or 16 goals in over 10 games

Just looking for info
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2006, 07:12:58 AM »

Football colonisers
Theodore Lewis
Tuesday, July 11th 2006
Trinidad Exptress Online

Me eh care what nobody say. De bes piece ah ball we play for sometime untill Wold Cup 06 was under Gally. Attractive and attacking football and defense was always under control. Check all de games we play under Cummings we never up to dis day ever loss by more dan one goal.

Gally did a good job with the National Team. He brought football back to the people but Ok lets be objective.
 1989  The qualification

No Mexico in the competition:
USA were not a force in CONCACAF:
Guatemala, EL Salvador & Honduras were in a state of civil War:

So all the factors must be considered if one really wants to argue the point. One can argue till te cows come home about 3.5 places in the WC. 11 games to qualify versus 21. etc etc. really its all irrelevant.

Gally did a good job. Yes! Did we qualify. No!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2006, 07:37:18 AM »
Irregardless of style, or coaching philosophy. Do we have a coach at present ? Is the job available ? Is Whim more qualified than Anton or Latapy ? Should we wait till last 2008 to wait to see IF BeenE will be back ?
I think if we give anybody a learning oppurtunity from now(Gally, SH,Touches, Kandi, Triniman), is it possible they will improve in 3 years(avg. term) ? Where are the players of 2010 and further (14+) presently located ? Should we just wait to see who have Nationality by 2008, to have an idea who we might have, or should we start developing, training some young minds as of now ?
 Is a combo of Cummings(Local), Yorke(Foreign - retired from all playing- top level ), and Latapy (Foreign  - retired from all playing- top level) feasible ? to the tune that, if Gally is seeing Total attack, could the recent experience of Latapy and Yorke, inject the type of defensive startegies and coverage necessary to compliment (not oppose) a Gally or anybody elses startegies ?
Or do we plan on having a BeenE or similar to pull us out last minute again, his way only, and discard Yorke and/or Latapy, as we did every other national player we have had so far , incl. for a very long time, our present TD ? Would we repeat this same lucky formula in 2014 ?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2006, 08:01:09 AM »

As much as Gally is calling for attacking football the team back in de day had one of the most solid defenses we ever had.
Prior to 2005 I would say that squad was the only one that did not have serious defensive issues.

The same way allyuh say he shouldn't tear down Leo to highlight himself allyuh try not to unfairly attack the man...he deserve more respect than that.  Attack his comments if you want but he talking from the heart and I doh see how anyone could doubt his intentions....his whole life has been T&T football.

I wish he could be U-23 coach...or Youth TD and get Anton to either work with him (if that even possible) or focus more on a particular coaching assignment.  Lincoln is very diplomatic so possibly he could handle Gally. (all this might be pie in the sky but we wasting our resources)

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2006, 09:30:30 AM »
Pass 10 trini  how did that secondary school do with gally as head coach.???

Eh hear nuttin bout dem yet....But did u ever hear bout rebuilding?
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

1]; } ?>