April 19, 2024, 07:55:00 AM

Author Topic: Dear Leo, A fond adieu  (Read 2102 times)

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Dear Leo, A fond adieu
« on: July 09, 2006, 12:41:03 AM »
Dear Leo,

For us to expect you to stay is naivete in the extreme.  WHile there is negativity spewed by the constantly carping critics like Gally, an objective look at the facts suggest that there is nothing in it for you to stay.  T&T had one of the oldest teams in the WC and not one player commanded a first choice place in a team in any one of the major leagues.  So that means a massive rebuilding effort when the current individual talent wasnt of the highest (it hurts ah know but them is the facts).  Coaches of your stamp dont stay around for rebuilding efforts like that.  And what do we have to offer you in terms of quality tournaments before qualifiers in two years time and ah know Gold Cup dont cut it.  Coaching and challenging yuhself at the highest level is in yuh blood. You are one of the hottest commodities in the world right now.  And yes is only people like Gally dont rate a coaching performance where you central defenders from Gillingham and Wrexham and yuh midfielders from Port Vale, Jablotheh and dont make the bench at Falkirk and yuh keep Sweden & ENgland scoreless f0r 173 minutes as anything but a masterful performance. I still ent get over the England but say what.  If yuh go to Poland, that is a ready made turnaround - underachievers at the WC, they only need confidence and organization and Euro Champs qualifiers starting next month.  That is a challenge and yuh playing with the big boys of Europe not Shell Cup against St. Vincent.  As a coach of a European national team, there is always a European champ or WC to look forward to.  So a fond adieu Beenie, my countrymen and myself owe you a debt of gratitude.  we dont begrudge you moving on its the way of the world.

P.S Ah know is small change, but leave instructions as to where to wire yuh $TT million 

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Leo, A fond adieu
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 06:01:16 AM »
Beenie ... well after yuh hear de tata dat Gally and de ress ah dem fella talkin ... i feel like ah want tuh wipe Gally mouth with some toilet paper cuz iz verbal diarreah he spewin .... anyways ....

BEENIE - if you could stay please do ... i understand that you have to do what is in the best intrest of you and your family.  Thanks for a great tournament.  Don't pay the nay sayers any mind.  You get alot of respect from those of us who are objective and don't have an ax to grind.  If i win de lotto i will give it to you so yuh cud stay.  But if not Good Luck in your future endeavors and hopefully you will be on the sideline for Your Soca Warriors.
Snake in de balliser

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 08:48:37 AM »
For the most part DITTO to all said. . .But PEG we should be careful not to sell ourselves short.

Thanks Don Leo we will never foget you
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 09:10:17 AM »
Dear Leo,

For us to expect you to stay is naivete in the extreme.  WHile there is negativity spewed by the constantly carping critics like Gally, an objective look at the facts suggest that there is nothing in it for you to stay.  T&T had one of the oldest teams in the WC and not one player commanded a first choice place in a team in any one of the major leagues.  So that means a massive rebuilding effort when the current individual talent wasnt of the highest (it hurts ah know but them is the facts).  Coaches of your stamp dont stay around for rebuilding efforts like that.  And what do we have to offer you in terms of quality tournaments before qualifiers in two years time and ah know Gold Cup dont cut it.  Coaching and challenging yuhself at the highest level is in yuh blood. You are one of the hottest commodities in the world right now.  And yes is only people like Gally dont rate a coaching performance where you central defenders from Gillingham and Wrexham and yuh midfielders from Port Vale, Jablotheh and dont make the bench at Falkirk and yuh keep Sweden & ENgland scoreless f0r 173 minutes as anything but a masterful performance. I still ent get over the England but say what.  If yuh go to Poland, that is a ready made turnaround - underachievers at the WC, they only need confidence and organization and Euro Champs qualifiers starting next month.  That is a challenge and yuh playing with the big boys of Europe not Shell Cup against St. Vincent.  As a coach of a European national team, there is always a European champ or WC to look forward to.  So a fond adieu Beenie, my countrymen and myself owe you a debt of gratitude.  we dont begrudge you moving on its the way of the world.

P.S Ah know is small change, but leave instructions as to where to wire yuh $TT million 

Peg, ah read yuh letter, let me ask yuh dis.

yuh remember back when Porterfield aka de drunken master, was we coach, yuh did say that he was very good and that it was we players that were bad?

tell me yuh feel if we had Don leo coaching dat team we woulda qualify?

And how do you feel about Porterfield now?

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 09:54:09 AM »
Dear Leo,

yuh remember back when Porterfield aka de drunken master, was we coach, yuh did say that he was very good and that it was we players that were bad?

But wait. truetrini you did say the same. I remember a thread when Bertil was coaching, where you said the players can't trap, pass, shoot and all that.
Now you might have made a 360 once Don Leo turn things around.

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 10:58:34 AM »
This was a revelation for me.  That is why i give Beenie all the credit in the world but to be truthful you and others made similar comments about other coaches.  But I hold my hand up I was wrong about the difference a manager makes.  However, what i dont take back is that our players are not very talented individually.  They mainly ply their trade in the England 3rd diviion (Gillingham, Wrexham and Port Vale) and the lower Scottish leagues.  I mean Gillingham is a mid table in the 3rd division. That is the unvarnished truth and it is not unpatriotic.  It is an unvarnished assessment.  ALl the stars aligned for us to make it to this WC but Beenie must receive his credit.  That is why I have been vociferous on that point.  Nobody, if they are truthful, thought we would make the WC after our first three results and nobody expected the performance we put forth in the WC.  Porters was a joke in retrospect certainly compared to BEenie and the main difference is that leo made decisions without fear and favor and regard to reputation.  Whether you agree or not - West Ham Shaka you will sit to a third division keeper, Latas - you will sit period until I ready fo you.  You dont like it, dont let the door hit you on the way out.  Boss coach

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 01:59:31 PM »
Dear Leo,

But wait. truetrini you did say the same. I remember a thread when Bertil was coaching, where you said the players can't trap, pass, shoot and all that.
Now you might have made a 360 once Don Leo turn things around.

Look at you!  Is long time I say that Bertille had tuh resign as he cyar take de team further....like yuh forget dat thread too!

Besides yuh missing meh point, is Beenie i giving all de credit!

1]; } ?>