April 28, 2024, 01:21:45 AM

Author Topic: WC Final Sidenote- Puma vs Addidas: Final Battle for home turf  (Read 2179 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
I surpised nobody pick up on this internationally yet. After all the pre-world cup hype about the rivalry between the two returning to Germany in the final, nobody mention that Italy wears Puma and France wears Addidas and they meeting in the final.

I feel I backing Puma as they are the underdog...and they have Pele advertising for them now,since they see Addidas pull out Platini and Beckenbaur in their +10 ads.
Talk about tryign to make a comeback!
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

MickeyRat

Re: WC Final Sidenote- Puma vs Addidas: Final Battle for home turf
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 07:58:18 AM »
Jose & he padna come and buss them up when he pick "Beckenbaur"

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 09:39:34 AM »
Puma outfitted the most teams in the tournament.   Quantity doh make quality, but the y managed to have a team in the finals.  De two brothers at it again, and what is ironic is that it is in the country where both those brands were founded.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 09:44:02 AM »
Addies.........go win the battle........... The COCK gonna be crowing loud on Sunday

Addies  2 - Puma 1

;D

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 10:25:45 AM »
I take it you're a man that likes cock........

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 11:10:06 AM »
On a branding front, it doh really matter to me  cuz both of Puma and Adidas were established by two brothers, Adi Dassler for Addies and Rudolph Dassler for Puma, though they had geh way, money was in the same family name

http://www.sneakerhead.com/manufacture-puma.html

On a football front, I want the Azzuri to take it  :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 11:12:24 AM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 11:26:19 AM »
I take it you're a man that likes cock........

And I take u love Man bad or u might be still in the closet now is your chance to show the world............the door is now wide open  ;D

Cock a doodle do....................Vive Les Bleus

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 12:12:07 PM »
i always think of puma as a gay man label ???

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Puma beats Adidas, Nike with Italy's soccer trophy
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 08:35:34 AM »
Puma beats Adidas, Nike with Italy's soccer trophy
By Ulf Laessing

July 10, 2006

FRANKFURT (Reuters) - German sports goods firm Puma sponsored a soccer World Cup winner for the first time when its top team Italy beat rival Adidas's partner France, giving a boost to sales prospects for replica shirts.

The stakes were high in the competition, with the industry spending millions of euros in sponsoring teams to bolster brands and lift sales of products such as jerseys and soccer boots.

Italy beat France in the final on Sunday in a penalty shootout.

In the past, industry giants Adidas and Nike dominated final matches. Nike's top partner Brazil beat Germany, another Adidas team, in 2002 after France won against Brazil in 1998.

Nike saw sales of Brazil shirts surging after the nation became World Cup champion four years ago, while Adidas's Greece jerseys were sold out for days after the country won the European Championships in 2004.

Puma was top supplier at the start of this World Cup, but except for Italy, its 12 teams -- mostly Asian and African -- dropped out early.

Last week, the firm said sales of soccer products could have risen 40 percent in the first half of 2006, compared with a year ago, thanks to the event.

Adidas, which claims to be global market leader for soccer boots, had pinned hopes on its two top teams France and Germany, but both were beaten by Italy in the tournament.

A spokesman for Adidas, which also provided the match balls and kits for referees, reiterated on Monday it expected to sell more than 3 million jerseys this year.

The largest chunk would come from more than 1.5 million German shirts, in addition to some 500,000 from France and 300,000 from Argentina, its third major sponsorship partner.

U.S. firm Nike had bad luck this time when its top partner Brazil was beaten by France in the quarter final. Its last team in the tournament, Portugal, lost to Germany in the third place playoff.

Industry sources say a deal with a top nation costs a double-digit million euro amount annually, while small teams such as Trinidad & Tobago are almost free.

Teams underperforming risk losing their contracts. Adidas ended its cooperation with Saudi Arabia after it dropped out early in 2002 and suffered an embarrassing 8-0 defeat to Germany.

With 10 African teams under contract, Puma looks well positioned for the next World Cup in South Africa in 2010. The host nation is sponsored by Adidas.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 08:54:24 AM »
Industry sources say a deal with a top nation costs a double-digit million euro amount annually, while small teams such as Trinidad & Tobago are almost free.

Like they eh counting Jack cut in that estimate.  ;D
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

1]; } ?>