April 28, 2024, 04:44:35 AM

Author Topic: AYE ALLYUH ENGLISHMAN...HOW IS WHAT BUFFON DID TODAY...  (Read 6301 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: AYE ALLYUH ENGLISHMAN...HOW IS WHAT BUFFON DID TODAY...
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2006, 08:38:06 AM »
they not saying anything about buffon in france cause they venting their fury at materazzi..

So we can't really make that comparison because they have a culprit in this case to throw their anger at..

what buffon and ronaldo did was the natural reaction and correct thing..

to be honest boy pompey, i guess its in-bred bias which we are all guilty of that prevents us from seeing things objectively when our team is at the centre.. De french want to know what Materazzi say, its his fault he goaded zidane and cause it, gallas say he want to smash his face...

We trinis vex that crouch pull sancho hair and bawling cheat, but in truth and fact, there is no way the ref could have seen that to call it...  if anything i thought the call would have been for climbing on the defender (still cant understand how a man who is 6"7 always needs to climb on opponents for headers)..

i just felt that the english press went a bit overboard on ronaldo and directing ALL the blame his way...  i see in the papers yesterday on one page "Ronaldo the Rat", and on another page Rooney diving off a yacht frolicking and enjoying himself, how come nobody throwing no vitriol his way?

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2006, 08:38:59 AM »
what buffon did and what ronaldo did are very different..
what buffon did is was run to the referee to draw to his attention an off-the ball foul that the referee did not see..
what ronaldo did was try to influence the referee on a decision on a play the referee was in full view of.

to blame buffon for anything is ridiculous..if carlos edwards had get headbutt down and shaka run to point it out to the ref it wouldnt even be an argument here ent??

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2006, 08:41:02 AM »
what buffon did is was run to the referee to draw to his attention an off-the ball foul that the referee did not see..
what ronaldo did was try to influence the referee on a decision on a play the referee was in full view of.

to blame buffon for anything is ridiculous..if carlos edwards had get headbutt down and shaka run to point it out to the ref it wouldnt even be an argument here ent??

this a good point  :beermug:, but i say i dont really agree..intent of both players was to have the other player sent off
omarldinho  post good too, thanks for answering the question guys
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 09:22:19 AM by ricky »

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2006, 08:52:48 AM »
they not saying anything about buffon in france cause they venting their fury at materazzi..

So we can't really make that comparison because they have a culprit in this case to throw their anger at..

what buffon and ronaldo did was the natural reaction and correct thing..

to be honest boy pompey, i guess its in-bred bias which we are all guilty of that prevents us from seeing things objectively when our team is at the centre.. De french want to know what Materazzi say, its his fault he goaded zidane and cause it, gallas say he want to smash his face...

We trinis vex that crouch pull sancho hair and bawling cheat, but in truth and fact, there is no way the ref could have seen that to call it...  if anything i thought the call would have been for climbing on the defender (still cant understand how a man who is 6"7 always needs to climb on opponents for headers)..

i just felt that the english press went a bit overboard on ronaldo and directing ALL the blame his way...  i see in the papers yesterday on one page "Ronaldo the Rat", and on another page Rooney diving off a yacht frolicking and enjoying himself, how come nobody throwing no vitriol his way?

If I was French, I would be venting my fury at Materazzi. But goading players is an age ole tactic and one which you would expect a top pro to be used to.

Not sure what has been reported on here, but I heard that Materazzi called him a Harki, which is an Algerian/French colaborator. ZZ has head butted someone before for calling him that and, apparantly, it was well known in Italy that it wound him up. If that's the case, then ZZ really should know better by now.

I do not want to defend Materazzi if that is what he said though.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2006, 08:54:21 AM »

your attempt to word this differently does not make a difference..

BOTH buffon and ronaldo were attempting to influence the referee into taking action and making a decision.

How does Ronaldo know that the ref saw the stamp on de man balls??
How does Buffon know that the lines didn't see the headbutt??

They both acted instinctively to protect their teammates. Remember.. What we are debating here is not the severity of the respective incidents, but the reaction of the victims' teammates.

If shaka had done it I would not have a problem because I don't have a problem with what Buffon or Ronaldo did either.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2006, 09:26:44 AM »

your attempt to word this differently does not make a difference..

BOTH buffon and ronaldo were attempting to influence the referee into taking action and making a decision.

How does Ronaldo know that the ref saw the stamp on de man balls??
How does Buffon know that the lines didn't see the headbutt??

They both acted instinctively to protect their teammates. Remember.. What we are debating here is not the severity of the respective incidents, but the reaction of the victims' teammates.

If shaka had done it I would not have a problem because I don't have a problem with what Buffon or Ronaldo did either.

I get your point :beermug: However it seemed Buffon was asking the ref to consult his linesmen and 4th official rather than remonstrate for a card -- I may be wrong but that's what was said on the live coverage -- that Buffon was pointing in the direction of the linesmen for the ref to go ask them

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2006, 09:31:55 AM »
ricky dis is de stupidest thread you have ever started

zidane butt d man intentionally.... 

and yes d linesman didnt see it or the ref...  buffon literally begged de man    finnaly de peerpressured linesman agreed with him...  and buffon thanked him and brap red card..

now it was a red card  but buffon helped it

rooney own was not a red card but ronaldo demanded it

accept the fact england lost and stop trying to blame ronaldo..de ref gave the card and rooney deserved the card..end of story.

it aint about that we jus comparing coz it the same ref.
anyway u cant compare buffon and ronaldo bcuz buffon aint good mates with zidane is he

1]; } ?>