April 16, 2024, 10:29:02 AM

Author Topic: Colombian Coach really nice ras  (Read 1839 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Colombian Coach really nice ras
« on: June 11, 2005, 06:19:55 PM »
The Colombian team is really well prepared in different schemes in different set plays from a game i saw agaist Ecuador. The best one i saw was involved with one of the ball boys.  After one of the colombian players set the ball to take a corner kick he took 4 steps backwards, the referee blew this whistle to tell him he can kick it now, then  a  ball boy went to the ball to replace it with another ball.  The colombian player stood his grounds and was "play arguing" with the ball boy to tell him leave the ball alone and the sudenly he ran up and kicked the corner kick catching  the Ecuadorian defense offguard  but they goal keeper grabbed the ball in the air. 

They had othertrick set plays but thats the best one out of all

I hope to see tricks like these out of the Soca Warriors in free kicks and corner kicks, but hopefully first we have to get some one whose accurated on  kicks from distances.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I remember we had a nice one in 89...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 08:34:24 PM »
from corners....
while a man would set up like if he taking it (williams or faustin), a next man would then run short for it from the top corner of the penalty box, drawing a defender with him on the diagonal run toward the corner spot.
Then the man taking the corner would run up and play like he want to play it in short to the incoming man with the defender on he back.
Then the incoming TT player would stop half way between the 18 yard line and the corner spot and play like he telling the corner taker not to worry, to much pressure. He would stop running, then the corner taker would hesitate like if he have to readjust to take it long again.
While he doing this, the man who was running to collect it short would simply and casually turn to the byline and play like he starting to walk back to the penalty box, but now not back to the top corner of the box he came from, but rather toward a  near post position.
The marking defender naturally would relax and before yuh know it, the corner taker slip a fast ground pass almost along the byline on the inside of the now goalward heading TT attacker.
The result was a TT player with a ground ball just inside the box on the byline and a surprised defense.
I remember we not scorin form this play, but we did it a couple times, and the always had near chances.
Like many modern football teams forget about simple yet effective creative plays like this.
The Larson and sweden free kick set play also comes to mind, for this of the posters who know aht i talking about.
If i not mistaken, that play result in a game winner in a Euro knockout game about a decade ago or something.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Colombian Coach really nice ras
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 11:06:20 PM »

Dat is the kind of things the players need to come up with in practise....maybe with the coach....chalk board session or wherever.  We lacking those things...we playing good now but to score u have to have a couple tricks in addition to the run of play chances.

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I remember we had a nice one in 89...
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 12:56:40 AM »
The Larson and sweden free kick set play also comes to mind, for this of the posters who know aht i talking about.
If i not mistaken, that play result in a game winner in a Euro knockout game about a decade ago or something.

I eh sure if is the same free kick yuh talking bout, but I remember sweden gettin a free kick right outside the box and sizing up for a shot but the taker chip it over the wall for tomas brolin who stay onside and score. a nice setplay that outsmart evrybody

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 01:29:42 AM »
ah remember Sweden scoring in the WC in the early 90s....weird ass FK.

If I remember correctly they had three men running to the right of the box...chipped iit to the right of the wall..not over...confused everybody...and scored.

The commentator said look for teams all over the world to start copying dat.

Never saw anybody else do it.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 01:41:54 AM »
yeah vb is probably that one - i know it score from the right side.

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 07:59:06 AM »
in the 80's Trinidad Defense Forse used to score free kicks like dat one de swedes score.

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2005, 10:50:18 AM »
These type of plays does confuse the opposition and keep them off balance. It does also create spaces or unmarked players.

1]; } ?>