April 18, 2024, 10:13:07 AM

Author Topic: Ince back in T&T Gold Cup squad Eve, Wolfe also among 25  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
Ince back in T&T Gold Cup squad Eve, Wolfe also among 25
« on: June 10, 2005, 10:56:30 PM »
guardian.co.tt

Former national captain Angus Eve will have a chance to reclaim his place in the T&T World Cup squad, as he is in a squad of 25 players for the 2005 Concacaf Gold Cup, which takes place in the USA from July 6-24.

Crewe Alexandra’s goalkeeper Clayton Ince is also named in the 25-man training squad, suggesting that his problems with the federation have been settled. Jack Warner, advisor to the TTFF said Ince had resigned following his omission as goalkeeper for the match against Panama, which Ince said later was not so-that he had asked for a rest.

Eve, currently a player/coach with CL financial San Juan Jabloteh in the T&T Professional Football League was captain of the Warriors under sacked coach Bertille St Clair, during the first two rounds of World Cup qualification matches.

However, since the arrival of Holland-born Leo Beenhakker as national team coach, Eve has been limited to one appearance, a friendly against local club National Quarries North East Stars.

Glenton Wolfe, who made two appearances in friendly matches for the Warriors under Beenhakker, like Eve will have another chance to impress the former Real Madrid and Ajax coach before he announces his Gold Cup team.

Daurance Williams, David Atiba Charles, Anton Pierre, Aurtis Whitley and Densil Theobald, all members of the World Cup squad, are the other locally based professional players in the squad which will be trimmed to 23, 15-days prior to the team’s first match.

Also called up to the team are Cornell Glen of Major League club Columbus Crew and Jason Scotland of Dundee United.

The remaining members of the squad comprise the players who were selected to represent T&T in the World Cup matches against Panama and Mexico.

This year’s Gold Cup will consist of three groups of four teams for the first round, with the top two from each group, along with the best two third-placed teams, progressing to the quarterfinals for a total of ten double-headers.

The quarterfinal matches will take place on July 16 (two matches in Foxboro), and July 17 (two in Houston). The 2005 Concacaf Gold Cup semifinal and final are scheduled for Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, on July 21 and July 24, respectively.

T&T squad

Goalkeepers: Clayton Ince (Crewe Alexendra), Kelvin Jack (Dundee), Daurance Williams (San Juan Jabloteh);

Defenders: Marvin Andrews (Glasgow Rangers), David Charles (W Connection), Avery John (New England Revolution), Dennis Lawrence (Wrexham), Anton Pierre (Defence Force), Marlon Rojas (Real Salt Lake), Brent Sancho (Dundee), Glenton Wolfe (North East Stars);

Midfielders: Christopher Birchall (Port Vale), Carlos Edwards (Luton Town), Angus Eve (San Juan Jabloteh), Leslie Fitzpatrick (Real Salt Lake), Brent Rahim (Un-attached), Densil Theobald (Caledonia AIA/Fire), Aurtis Whitley (San Juan Jabloteh), Dwight Yorke (Sidney FC);

Forwards: Gary Glasgow (un-attached), Cornell Glen (Columbus Crew), Stern John (Coventry ), Kenwyneb Jones (Southampton), Hector Sam (Wrexham), Jason Scotland (Dundee United).

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Ince back in T&T Gold Cup squad Eve, Wolfe also among 25
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 11:16:27 PM »
scott sealy collin samuel andrea boucad jason norville

the first two really deserve it the second two cud a do wit the unty cup but now the side aint comin england if they really wa play they cud come tnt shores and show coach man wat they cud do
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 02:29:06 PM »
People talk, but seriously SHOTTA, Scott( i now start for my team) Sealy  or  Collin (i am inconsistent and cannot start for my team) Samuel deserve a chance?

Not really, they haven't even been seen by the coach apart from the odd piece of a Game and not even in training. at least all the players selected have played either a significant role for their club teams or have a good national record or have played for the national team before and have had reasonable game or been real good in training.  The only player who I see as deserving but isn't there is Silvio Spann but he apparently cannot get a release from his Japanese team.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 08:02:28 PM »
Hard to believe Sealy, Spann and Samuel cyah get a look see. Nigel Pierre come like re-cycled toilet paper nowadays. Ah jes hope when all is said and done dat Beene get to see everybody. If he eh like yuh...tough...but at least he made an assessment as to who fits his system.

1]; } ?>