April 29, 2024, 06:23:11 AM

Author Topic: Please help T&T's goalkeeper  (Read 4390 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Please help T&T's goalkeeper
« on: June 12, 2005, 07:04:25 AM »
Trinidad Express Letter

The national football team has improved by leaps and bounds since Beenhakker took over. It was always error in judgment by the Football authorities to have appointed Bertille St Clair (No personal disrespect meant, he is a wonderful person and made a great contribution).

How great we are playing in defence. I wish to warn however that T&T will not qualify with a goalkeeper like Jack. He is weak with cross balls in the air even though he is big as he is hesitant to come off his line; he does not command his penalty area and is untidy fielding low ground shots. Just look at the two goals scored by Mexico. Ince, who was excellent in those departments against Costa Rica, must be reinstated.

Rolf Bartolo

Diamond Vale

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Please help T&T's goalkeeper
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 07:09:23 AM »
I second thatose observations. It broke my heart when I heard that Ince was not going to Mexico. No disrespect to Jack, who tried his best but is a liability for very potent teams like Mexico, USA etc. His distribution is another weak point.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 07:21:44 AM »
We all would agree that Jack is in fact the Third String Keeper on our National Team, but if the first two are unavailable because of injury or personal matters what can we do.  Jack showed himself to be somewhat inept against Mexico and did not exude confidence against Panama (at least from the match reports posted) but at present he is the No. 1 keeper.  Why don't we stop making calls for players that are unavailable (a la Ince, Shaka, Latapy, Zamora, and whoever else is out there) and move on with what we have.  I am sure if (and I am praying for when) Ince or Shaka are available for National Team duties then Jack will revert to his position either on the bench or in the stands but for now he is between the uprights and deserves our support.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 09:07:08 AM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 08:01:34 AM »
By the way, I noted that one forumite questioned why the defenders were taking spot kicks. Jack is just recovering from a upper thigh/groin injury. So it is very painful when he kicks. His situation should improve soon.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 11:55:40 AM »
Rolf  Bartolo is an old Maple keeper.He probable save until he was 50 ;D

I believe he he's try and help out some keepers now.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 12:30:34 PM »
Yea we have to work with what we have... BUt I think a BUSH bath and prayers wont hurt....

Kelvin, I can arrangeg for you, just holla.  ;D
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 07:21:26 AM »
support jack and move on hopefully the man mentally strong and don't let some of the negative comments affect him and his performance.  The man trying his best not a time to cry him down. he is a good keeper or he would not be plying his trade outside tt. A british team would not sign a foreign keeper is he a rank shithound
i don't know ince's story but IF he was indiscipline and/or greedy for money them move and go away.

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
People Jack may not be a Shaka, or a Ince, but I do not know what Mexico game alyuh see but the one that I saw had Jack making two or three errors but pulling off a few big time saves too. Which world class keeper does not make errors, football is a game of errors (although we must seek to minimize them).

Both Shaka and Ince have been guilty in the pass of making a few error as well, so let us be fair to Jack. I know he aint 100 % polished as yet, but at this moment he is all that we have, so instead ah calling for men who have other priorities at the moment (professional, personal, or injury), we need to build the man confidence not call for his replacement, we are supporters too, not only critics.

I am certain the technical staff have noted his faux-pas and will be working with him to correct them.
Hey, let us not forget that it had 10 other men who coulda stop the Mexicans before they reach up on the goal line to score both goals.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
let us not forget that it had 10 other men who coulda stop the Mexicans before they reach up on the goal line to score both goals.

If any of those 10 other men had on the gloves and were standing in the goal mouth, they could have saved those goals.

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 08:19:11 AM »
Responding in Arrow's tongue : "He haw, he haw, he haw.".......nuff said

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
let us not forget that it had 10 other men who coulda stop the Mexicans before they reach up on the goal line to score both goals.

If any of those 10 other men had on the gloves and were standing in the goal mouth, they could have saved those goals.

Constructive criticism is good but tell me how is bashing jack (who might very well be reading this) helps the situation!

the first goal was not his fault, so i dont know what shit people talking!!!

the second goal was a mistake on his part but he has to be encouraged to move on and take it one game at a time!!

I didnt see these people who only fu*king up Jack doing de same thing when Shaka make ah mistake in goal in the guatemala game that was 20 times worse!!

Jack is a good keeper and made a couple of brilliant saves in that very mexico game!!! I will admit that he didnt command his area well but in essence he gave his best.  Unlike Ince who "all of ah sudden" have personal problems tuh deal with!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 02:27:21 PM »
true talk if the man so "weak" and he the best we have then play better defense then. 

Hope the youth stay strong keep working hard take advantage of this chance and shine.  we have to support the guy.  jeez people this is what we have now.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 02:55:30 PM »
Kelvin Jack represented his country against Mexico while Ince had his "personal problems".  The defence and Jack conceded 2 goals, a good result. Some people are forgetting that Mexico is a top 10 team.  Although I believe Ince and Shaka are better than Jack, they were nowhere to be found.  Jack went to the firing line in Mexico and performed well (keep in mind he has not played a lot of football in recent times due to injuries).

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 03:26:11 PM »
Listen.. Now I know this Jack bashing is never going to be constructive..

But look at the USA.. They consistantly produce GOOD keepers.. And these keepers continually bail the US out of shit..

CASE in point, look at their last game. Keller was comming up with HUGE saves In a ROW..

We needs a keeper like that .. Who can come with consistantly BIG saves.. Who Commands their area... !!

VIVA La SocaWarriors..

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline LICKS4SO

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005, 10:09:20 AM »
WHY SHAKA NOT HOLLIN FOR WE AGAIN?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2005, 10:20:10 AM »

But look at the USA.. They consistantly produce GOOD keepers.. And these keepers continually bail the US out of shit..

CASE in point, look at their last game. Keller was comming up with HUGE saves In a ROW..

We needs a keeper like that .. Who can come with consistantly BIG saves.. Who Commands their area... !!
VIVA La SocaWarriors..

why u comparing us to de USA? talking bout we need keepers like that!!

Look at de infrastructure that the USA has put in place since 1989 and understand that goalkeepers of that quality did not come by guess!!

We real lucky in this country to have three keepers of good standard!! Jack is a good keeper, is not now i seeing him goalkeep.  De man playing professionally abroad in the premier league in scotland and at one point was not signed at a english club (league one club) because the manager thought he was too good to be a back up keeper and didnt not have the cash to have two number ones on his roster!

Even young durance williams is very talented but needs to learn his trade more....raw talent can only get u that far!

"we needs a keeper like that" steups!!!

we need ah kaka too, a fu*king ronaldinho, and a stephen gerard!!

alyuh so does get me upset!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2005, 10:22:38 AM »

Because he f**kED UP in Guatemala.  Much worse than jack did against mexico.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2005, 10:31:31 AM »

Because he f**kED UP in Guatemala.  Much worse than jack did against mexico.

thats ah bit harsh...lolol

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2005, 10:48:29 AM »
andre.  You KNOW is de trute.

I am a Shaka fan but men carryin on like if Jack is de wuss goalie in history.

Well honestly....Shaka was definitely at fault on de first goal against Guatemala when he dive over de ball on a mis hit shot and was rooted to he line for the 3rd.  We defence was terrible in dat game but Shaka start de ball rollin wit dat gaffe.

De fact is...goalies does sometimes have off days.  Jes like every other player.  But dem off days does often result in de team lorsin.

Leff Jack alone.  He is de one who stand up to be counted.  He didn't ack like a spoil chile and abandon de team because he get drop.  He wasn't de one who say he have commitments and cyah play.

Left to me.....Ince never play fuh T&T again.  Me eh care how much he claim he was misquoted or how much we might need he.  He commit de cardinal sin.  He sabotage de team wit he actions.

Respeck to Jack and Duarance Williams.  I backin dem right thru.  And if dey make mistake....so be it.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2005, 11:26:31 AM »
i second based on info that available now-i still can't get the whole story.  but yuh not banning hislop also too me he and ince actions similiar.  but maybe cause shaka viewed as a model citizen and a premier league keeper it was no big deal.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2005, 11:54:18 AM »
i second based on info that available now-i still can't get the whole story.  but yuh not banning hislop also too me he and ince actions similiar.  but maybe cause shaka viewed as a model citizen and a premier league keeper it was no big deal.

I not bannin Shaka because he told dem from way in advance dat he wasn't able to make it dis rounds due to personal commitments.  As a result, he did not practice wit de team.  De coach did not factor him into his plans.  TTFF (Jack) did not have to pay to bring he down.  De coach and TEAMMATES wasn't dependin on he as a integral part of de TEAM.  Most importantly, he didn't get on like a spoil chile and tek he ball and go with it when he didn't get his way.

Clayton Ince on de oddah hand......

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2005, 12:10:54 PM »
yeah we have to jump on jack(keeper) wagon hope the man stay strong keep head up

just asking ok did shaka say personal/employment thing after guat or b4 ?

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2005, 12:23:56 PM »
Shaka withdrew after he got released by Portsmouth.  Which was just after Beenie named him in his training camp squad back in May.

Link
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 12:56:43 PM by arrow »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2005, 12:54:59 PM »
In an interview Beenhacker was dissapointed to see the GK give up two unfortunate easy goals. Don't be suprise to see Ince back in the starting spot soon.  Jack is just not ready to be a national goalie yet, he not  very dependable back there

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2005, 03:04:19 PM »
In an interview Beenhacker was dissapointed to see the GK give up two unfortunate easy goals. Don't be suprise to see Ince back in the starting spot soon.  Jack is just not ready to be a national goalie yet, he not  very dependable back there

If Jack is our backup goalie I good.  Outside of some errors he looked ok.  Imagine not keeping for a whole year, battling injury, under pressure in your new club where you never settle in and then bam....yuh saving in a pressure match in Mexico.

Allyuh getting greedy.....doh blame allyuh....we actually looking like we could pull off something. 
Ince will be back and who want to hold on to dis go ahead....just remember it was never supposed to make papers so u might want to hate on other players but yuh just didn't hear.

How much Caps Shaka have for us again?

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2005, 03:14:57 PM »

VIVA La SocaWarriors..

why u comparing us to de USA? talking bout we need keepers like that!!

Look at de infrastructure that the USA has put in place since 1989 and understand that goalkeepers of that quality did not come by guess!!

We real lucky in this country to have three keepers of good standard!! Jack is a good keeper, is not now i seeing him goalkeep. De man playing professionally abroad in the premier league in scotland and at one point was not signed at a english club (league one club) because the manager thought he was too good to be a back up keeper and didnt not have the cash to have two number ones on his roster!

Even young durance williams is very talented but needs to learn his trade more....raw talent can only get u that far!

"we needs a keeper like that" steups!!!

we need ah kaka too, a fu*king ronaldinho, and a stephen gerard!!

alyuh so does get me upset!

Wait nah.. Iz buff I get buff.. Hoss All I saying is that we need keep that can come up with consistant HUGE saves.. I just drew reference to USA gld keeper.. And I am NO fan of the USA...

I en mean to get you upset faddda.. WUUU SARRRHH

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>