March 28, 2024, 01:21:53 PM

Author Topic: Beenhakker still to decide on T&T coaching job  (Read 7451 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Beenhakker still to decide on T&T coaching job
« on: July 10, 2006, 08:41:15 PM »

Beenhakker still to decide on T&T coaching job
By Gail Alexander

Soca Warriors’ coach Leo Beenhakker, who arrives in T&T today hopes to collect his Chaconia Medal Gold and his $1 million reward from the Government during his week-long stay.

And while he’s here, Beenhakker will hold final discussions with Warriors’ backer Jack Warner to cement whether he will coach the team in preparation for the 2010 World Cup, team manager Bruce Aanensen also said yesterday.

Warner was due home last night from Germany, following the conclusion of the World Cup series on Sunday.

He is expected to leave T&T by Friday—but not before announcing if Beenhakker will actually stay on with the Warriors.

During the recent homecoming celebration for the team, Prime Minister Patrick Manning had announced that Beehakker—though not a T&T national—will receive the Chaconia Gold and TT$1m cash for his work with the team.

Manning also invited Warner and Beenhakker to hold talks on sports development towards World Cup 2010 with the Government.

Yesterday, Aanansen said Beenhakker told him he would arrive in T&T tonight.

Aanensen added: “Mr Beenhakker is likely coming for final talks with Mr Warner on what his decision will be about continuing to coach the team. He may also have a meeting with the team.

“He didn’t have a chance to see them all after T&T’s last match in Germany, since they had to board the chartered flight immediately to come home for their congratulatory function.

“Mr Beenhakker has also asked me if it would be possible to make arrangements for him to receive his Chaconia medal from the Government during the week that he is here,” Aanensen said.

The request was communicated to Sports Minister Roger Boynes last week, Aanensen said.

“It’s now being put in the hands of Ms (Sandra) Marchak, the Permanent Secretary to the Prime Minister who handled the issue with the Warriors previously,” Aanensen said.

“We know the Prime Minister—who also was involved in the initial issue—was out of T&T last week, so we’re waiting to hear if the presentation may be possible while Mr Beenhakker is here. Hopefully it will be.”

A Government spokesman said yesterday that no decision had yet been taken on whether the medal and cash reward would be presented to Beenhakker while he’s here this week.

They said the matter will have to go through several channels including President’s House, where arrangements would be made for award of the Chaconia Gold medal.

Yesterday, a secretary at President’s House said there had been no notification from the Government on the award issue.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker still to decide on T&T coaching job
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 09:05:56 PM »
I know we we have a serious organization problem but if the man in TNt I expect that the poweres at be will insure that he get his award and the Euro equivalent of the million TT.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline skatetackle

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 09:10:04 PM »
His stock has risen a bit since bringing TnT to the WC but with so many other coaches out there looking for work I think he'll play a little bit of chess and see what's best for himself. I spoke to some Dutchmen in Germany and they don't really like the dude but that could well be personal preference. Put it this way, Zico, Klinsman and Beenie, who would you pick? :devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 09:13:22 PM »
If Zico avialable i will take him
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 09:16:09 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmm  ;D ;D

All kicks aside...Zico did well with Japan but I eh think he in de class of a Beenie.  Jes my opinion.  I eh think people truly appreciate wha Beenie do wit we team nah.  And when ah say appreciate...ah mean wit regards to understandin wha he accomplish..who he accomplish it wit...in de time frame in which it was accomplished....in the face of the internal challenges that had to be overcome.

Maybe a question to ask would be whether yuh think Zico given identical circumstances, time frame, support, resources etc as Beenie, would have gotten us to the World Cup.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 09:24:15 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 09:22:08 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmm  ;D ;D

All kicks aside...Zico did well with Japan but I eh think he in de class of a Beenie.  Jes my opinion.  I eh think people truly appreciate wha Beenie do wit we team nah.  And when ah say appreciate...ah mean wit regards to understandin wha he accomplish..who he accomplish it wit...in de time frame in which it was accomplished....in the face of the internal challenges that had to be overcome.

amen!  he convert me fuh sure!

Offline skatetackle

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 10:05:19 PM »
I praise the job done by Beenie and don't believe many could have gotten the same result with the given circumstances. My hope is that he returns but I hope the decision makers have a plan B. Beenie is 63 and will be bordering 70 by 2010.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 10:33:52 PM »
I praise the job done by Beenie and don't believe many could have gotten the same result with the given circumstances. My hope is that he returns but I hope the decision makers have a plan B. Beenie is 63 and will be bordering 70 by 2010.

Eh heh he coming back Trinidad!! Thais he first mistake...... allyuh doh let dat man leave at all... conk him on he head and make him sign dat contract by hook or by crook!!  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 10:34:54 PM »
After what Beenie do Latas, I doh want tuh see he face arong TnT anymore, sorry, allyuh start firing, ah doh care how much he do positively, yuh doh diss we Magician, we Ronaldinho....  How dare ah question allyuh European God?  Start pelting bottle at meh.... :devil:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 10:47:29 PM »
After what Beenie do Latas, I doh want tuh see he face arong TnT anymore, sorry, allyuh start firing, ah doh care how much he do positively, yuh doh diss we Magician, we Ronaldinho....  How dare ah question allyuh European God?  Start pelting bottle at meh.... :devil:

What latapy steeps  he would have had little or no impact in those first two games . Wha latapy do against them bahrain players
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 11:06:31 PM »
All yuh hear de man asking fuh he Chaconia medal, and tuh meet de players while he down dey. Dat sounding like give me all yuh have fuh me and leh me have ah meeting wid de guys tuh tell them thanks and goodbye.  ???  :(
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 11:16:28 PM »
Yuh go judge de man on one game? >:(

Ah know allyuh think Beenie is God for benchin Latas against Bahrain, buh if yuh watch de game again, and yuh know football, you would see dat Beenie had it in for Latas since den, he did not deserve de bench, sorry, but continue pelting!

Steupss  ::)

:devil:

Wha latapy do against them bahrain players

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 11:19:18 PM »
All yuh hear de man asking fuh he Chaconia medal, and tuh meet de players while he down dey. Dat sounding like give me all yuh have fuh me and leh me have ah meeting wid de guys tuh tell them thanks and goodbye.  ???  :(

tru & cuz he takin soo long to make up he mind

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 12:19:07 AM »
Allyuh open allyuh eyes nah...this is about money not love fuh a country or players.  The man looking fuh money and support behind what he have and want to do with ah particular team and if he don't like what he hear from Jack Warner or the Government he going somewhere else talk done, allyuh grow up.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 12:44:57 AM »

You have no logic for whatusayin (yuh real choose ah appropriate name :devil:)

I would say the ONLY thing I think Beenie probably didn't like about how Latas move was that press conference they had and Latas kept saying that he want Beenie job and once Beenie leave he will talk with Jack about coaching the team.  I was surprised to hear Latas sayin that IN FRONT of Beenie but he mentioned it about 3 times in succession. So the point was definitely taken. I could only imagine what Beenie was thinking but he play it off good...saying that he thinks Latas is an extremely intelligent individual and he was happy to have him in the squad because he makes his job even easier.

But I doh really feel he hold ah grudge against Latas :-\

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 05:01:43 AM »
If beenie come back I good wit dat .....

Bring back Beenie!!!!!!!!!
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 05:31:10 AM »
Yuh go judge de man on one game? >:(

Ah know allyuh think Beenie is God for benchin Latas against Bahrain, buh if yuh watch de game again, and yuh know football, you would see dat Beenie had it in for Latas since den, he did not deserve de bench, sorry, but continue pelting!

Steupss  ::)

:devil:

Wha latapy do against them bahrain players

Sorry he latapy deserve to start !!! all the time steups

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 05:42:22 AM »
some clowns will still be calling for Latas to start in 2010 so get used to it

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 05:52:33 AM »

So alright.
 What is de scenario ?

Wim for two and beenie for the last two.
 Something ent right with that proposal.
You asking Beenie to sit at home scratching he balls for two years or going to some other team an saying " Fellas ah could only work for allyuh fuh two years because ah have to go back an coach in bacchanal country" ?

And even if he agree , Jack done say he ent funding de thing again... so government going to have to agree to put out the money, all the old questions will arise again. (audited accounts, fees and sponsorship money collected from de WC etc)

Mark my words.... we going tuh see the last of Beenie wen he collect he medal an check.

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 05:58:53 AM »

So alright.
 What is de scenario ?

You asking Beenie to sit at home scratching he balls for two years or going to some other team an saying " Fellas ah could only work for allyuh fuh two years because ah have to go back an coach in bacchanal country" ?

One solution would be for Beenie to spend the next two years coaching a country that has no chance to make it to the World Cup and then come back and coach us when qualifiers start in September 2008.
I would suggest Jamaica.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 06:01:55 AM »
Allyuh open allyuh eyes nah...this is about money not love fuh a country or players.  The man looking fuh money and support behind what he have and want to do with ah particular team and if he don't like what he hear from Jack Warner or the Government he going somewhere else talk done, allyuh grow up.

Mr man this is busniess and if he did not like working here he would not even have re-consider the head coach position. cause australia and poland want him also

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 06:02:38 AM »

So alright.
 What is de scenario ?

One solution would be for Beenie to spend the next two years coaching a country that has no chance to make it to the World Cup and then come back and coach us when qualifiers start in September 2008.
I would suggest Jamaica.

Nah Jamaica bad mind enuff to foil that plan.
It going to have to be ah club side dat does re-appear every two years (PFCC, Joe public, Robin hood)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 06:18:37 AM »

So alright.
 What is de scenario ?

And even if he agree , Jack done say he ent funding de thing again... so government going to have to agree to put out the money, all the old questions will arise again. (audited accounts, fees and sponsorship money collected from de WC etc)

Mark my words.... we going tuh see the last of Beenie wen he collect he medal an check.

boss the man will make visits to trinidad within them two years to coach ,scout league games  and link up for friendlies etc. Did you know zico lived in brazil while coaching japan ,  hiddink in was holland as  coach of PSV when doing the australia job eklinsmann was in the usa etc...

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 07:04:28 AM »

Out of curiosity, why would you take Zico???

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 07:21:37 AM »

So alright.
 What is de scenario ?

boss the man will make visits to trinidad within them two years to coach ,scout league games  and link up for friendlies etc. Did you know zico lived in brazil while coaching japan ,  hiddink in was holland as  coach of PSV when doing the australia job eklinsmann was in the usa etc...

Ah know everybody thinking we've turned the corner with managing situations like this,
But look at the Japanese society, disciplined, well organised and years nay centuries of that kind of culture, we all know what sport is to Australia, Germany is a football powerhouse with lots of football money.

So what I really saying is.. this is T&T and if we the government cyar even count to 24 (reference the chaconia medal fiasco)  , how on earth we going to make this set up work ?

I'm just a big skeptic that fed up.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 07:42:45 AM »
Please understand that Beenhaker is a business man. I don't think he think of "US" Trinidad and Tobago as part of him... because when he speaks it never "US" he always separating himself form the squad... witch tells me he only with us because of money! Who knows maybe I’m wrong… but as far as I can see from listening and reading his statements… he’s not part of us! You must also love your team like they are part of you or your country... not because you’re Dutch and the players are from another country. I think it’s all about his accomplishments and what he can gain to make himself more marketable. So saying all that I think he will probably go elsewhere if the offer is not good and with all that confusion of who not going to pay who by Mr. Jack Warner... he’ll say to himself to much bacchanal with them people he would leave. Good Riddance!

The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock itit will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 08:03:15 AM »
Please understand that Beenhaker is a business man. I don't think he think of "US" Trinidad and Tobago as part of him... because when he speaks it never "US" he always separating himself form the squad... witch tells me he only with us because of money! Who knows maybe I’m wrong… but as far as I can see from listening and reading his statements… he’s not part of us! You must also love your team like they are part of you or your country... not because you’re Dutch and the players are from another country. I think it’s all about his accomplishments and what he can gain to make himself more marketable. So saying all that I think he will probably go elsewhere if the offer is not good and with all that confusion of who not going to pay who by Mr. Jack Warner... he’ll say to himself to much bacchanal with them people he would leave. Good Riddance!

So he does not like the team is what you are saying???. Aye the man could have said forget it you from the get go yuh know if he neva had faith in the squad or believe that we could have made the world cup.

Good Riddance aye so who should we put Gally , Anton who well say nuh 

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 08:10:38 AM »
José Mourinho  ;)
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2006, 08:32:45 AM »

So he does not like the team is what you are saying???. Aye the man could have said forget it you from the get go yuh know if he neva had faith in the squad or believe that we could have made the world cup.

Their are other international coaches that are out there with pretty good resumes. Gally almost took us to the world cup and he was local coach and so was the other coach back then when we got cheated against Haiti in the 70's... so I don't understand about what's the big deal on hiring our own home grown coaches!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock itit will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2006, 08:40:20 AM »

Their are other international coaches that are out there with pretty good resumes. Gally almost took us to the world cup and he was local coach and so was the other coach back then when we got cheated against Haiti in the 70's... so I don't understand about what's the big deal on hiring our own home grown coaches!

So if another international coach  don't think  "US" Trinidad and Tobago as part of him then what  ::).I would not even touch on the Gally issue !!!

1]; } ?>