April 27, 2024, 01:12:29 PM

Author Topic: WHY GALLY, BSC, OR ANY OTHER LOCAL COACH FOR THAT MATTER ?  (Read 6884 times)

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
WHY GALLY, BSC, OR ANY OTHER LOCAL COACH FOR THAT MATTER ?
« on: July 11, 2006, 12:17:29 PM »
I have seen and read so much about men talking about we have local coaches that can do a good or even better job than Beenie or any other foreign coach !

Here is my question ! Why havent they been appointed as a coach by another country ?

If they are so qualified why cant they attract foreign attention ?

People here have little clue as to what it takes to perform at the highest level but they go on radio and on forums and talk crap about Beenie and others !
Men like Edgar Vidale and Gally and St Clair , what accreditation do they have ?
What has gally done in terms of accreditation since 1989 ? All good coaches have benn recognised for their accomplishments with their respective teams ! Why havent these people been sought after by other countries ?

I hear on 95.5 last Saturday men talking and callers talking one set of crap about Beenie ! One man who went to Germany said that is because they start calling for Latapy from the stands is the ONLY reason why Beenie put him on ! Men saying that Beenie made so much mistakes with not playing latapy !

When Latapy played the whole Game against St Pauli in the warm up game , he had very little influence , why ? Beenie knew his players to a T and he know what to expect from them . Thats why they train daily !

I want men here who like to talk about local coaches being able to get the job done ! What have they accomplished here or elsewhere to  suggest that they are more qualified that someone else !

Laters

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: WHY GALLY, BSC, OR ANY OTHER LOCAL COACH FOR THAT MATTER ?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 12:27:49 PM »
BSC was de coach of St Vincent during ah qualifying campain already!

But i understand your point!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 12:35:07 PM »
True dat !!! If they were as good as ppl say they would be in high demand ,at least in the caribbean for starters ,but no body eh ponging down dey door.On de odda hand Beenie cud pick and choose wey he going becuz unlike Gally and BSC,Beenieman know how to get the best out of the talent he's working with.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 12:40:36 PM »
Here we go again........... :D
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 12:42:00 PM »
I have seen and read so much about men talking about we have local coaches that can do a good or even better job than Beenie or any other foreign coach !

Here is my question ! Why havent they been appointed as a coach by another country ?

People here have little clue as to what it takes to perform at the highest level but they go on radio and on forums and talk crap about Beenie and others !
Men like Edgar Vidale and Gally and St Clair , what accreditation do they have ?
What has gally done in terms of accreditation since 1989 ? All good coaches have benn recognised for their accomplishments with their respective teams ! Why havent these people been sought after by other countries ?

I hear on 95.5 last Saturday men talking and callers talking one set of crap about Beenie ! One man who went to Germany said that is because they start calling for Latapy from the stands is the ONLY reason why Beenie put him on ! Men saying that Beenie made so much mistakes with not playing latapy !

When Latapy played the whole Game against St Pauli in the warm up game , he had very little influence , why ? Beenie knew his players to a T and he know what to expect from them . Thats why they train daily !
This I believe, nothing else.  Latas should have gotten 20 minutes for England and once Paraguay scored, he shoulda been on there to put some pressure on them.  All the other criticism im not with.
I want men here who like to talk about local coaches being able to get the job done ! What have they accomplished here or elsewhere to  suggest that they are more qualified that someone else !

Laters

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 12:42:30 PM »
True dat !!! If they were as good as ppl say they would be in high demand ,at least in the caribbean for starters ,but no body eh ponging down dey door.On de odda hand Beenie cud pick and choose wey he going becuz unlike Gally and BSC,Beenieman know how to get the best out of the talent he's working with.

Bossman, men does get me so vex when i hear them callin radio stations and talking so much crap !All of a sudden everybody knows more and is better coach than Beenie ! Yuh see why Beenie does have to snob people the way he do ? Men who know nothing but coaching feel they know more !

Ah man saying that  Beenie never go around Trini to coach coaches ! The man here for eight monts with a World Cup contract . People want him to develop Football in TT and he have a team to coach to the WC !

Another thing Beenie said was that when Beenie said he called a conference with coaches, hardly anyone turned up because according to him "they feel they know everything already "  !

Ah real fed up hear men talking crap !

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 12:44:59 PM »
ent ah said so:

Re: football forum tonight on i95.5fm @6:15 pm
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2006, 11:08:41 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am disappointed but not alarmed by the sentiments of  what I am hearing from our local football 'experts' ( experts with reservations).

As a starting point?

QUESTION: Has any one of these so called local experts ever been considered for a coaching position with any of the islands in the Caribbean?

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 12:50:20 PM »
ent ah said so:

Re: football forum tonight on i95.5fm @6:15 pm
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2006, 11:08:41 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am disappointed but not alarmed by the sentiments of  what I am hearing from our local football 'experts' ( experts with reservations).

As a starting point?

QUESTION: Has any one of these so called local experts ever been considered for a coaching position with any of the islands in the Caribbean?

Them fellas feel they should Coach England and Holland ! The way they does talk ! 

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 12:58:43 PM »

but ent Gally  coach caripichima....dat high school wuk should count for something.....oh shocks....ah didn't read de part bout another country...my apologies...
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 01:03:37 PM »

but ent Gally  coach caripichima....dat high school wuk should count for something.....oh shocks....ah didn't read de part bout another country...my apologies...

How did they do last year in intercol
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 01:08:28 PM »

How did they do last year in intercol

lets just say dey didn't win de intercol title....and trust meh...if de team was anygood....yuh woulda hear bout dem.....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline trinfax

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 01:11:13 PM »
While I agree with peeps who talk bout BSC in terms of a senior coach I dont think his talents are being fully utilized.

I saw without a doubt BSC is the most successful youth coach in the history of Trinidad and Tobago football. Allyuh remember Signal Hill??? He was the only man who could of beaten Sando Tech and Benedicts when they were running rampant. He is still the FIRST and ONLY caribbean coach to take a team to a World Cup. So credit must be given for his abilities in working to develop youth football.. And don't forget who was the man who developed Dwight Yorke to who he is today....

So while how management skills may not transfer easily onto the senior level, we should still use him at the youth level as his track records show his level of success there.  

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 01:18:59 PM »
I would be suprised if BSC or gally take a job caoching a TT youth team again.  I get the impression he believes he has a done a good job at youth level and would only want the sr level wuck.

All yuh could really see gally accepting a u-20 or 17 job?  I doubt that. 
but yuh have a point they are not on any countries shortlist that i am aware of.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 04:23:27 PM by football king »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 02:10:44 PM »
BSC is ah good youth coach but he eh beat no Sando Tech..doh give him all dat props... ;D
Seriously though, allyuh feel BSC will want to coach ah youth team and work in conjunction with the senior team staff?  To start all youth players with dreads automatically have to sell nuts or punch at de side of de road because BSC is very set in his ways.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 02:34:25 PM »

BSC is not eligible.
New policy....no bald headed people on the coaching staff.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 02:41:10 PM »
While I agree with peeps who talk bout BSC in terms of a senior coach I dont think his talents are being fully utilized.

I saw without a doubt BSC is the most successful youth coach in the history of Trinidad and Tobago football. Allyuh remember Signal Hill??? He was the only man who could of beaten Sando Tech and Benedicts when they were running rampant. He is still the FIRST and ONLY caribbean coach to take a team to a World Cup. So credit must be given for his abilities in working to develop youth football.. And don't forget who was the man who developed Dwight Yorke to who he is today....

So while how management skills may not transfer easily onto the senior level, we should still use him at the youth level as his track records show his level of success there.  

yeah but intercol football ranks no where on the map.....Could the Signal Hill of BSC's time beat the best competitive youth teams in Brazil, Argentina, England, Holland, Spain, France, Italy, etc ?..........the average intercol player is way way way way behind the curve compared to his global counterparts who have potential to succeed at the highest level....Dwight Yorke was an exception, but we talk about him like he's the norm.......Intercol football is somewhat of a joke to be honest......and BSC's world cup team lost 6-0, 4-0 & 2-0.....so there should be an addendum to the praise you sing. BSC must be given credit for his abilities in working to develop youth football BY TRINIDAD & TOBAGO STANDARDS.....and sadly our standard of youth football is and has been poor..........

I respect BSC, but I'm kinda tired of people singing the same old praises of him and not putting them into a global context.......
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 02:42:57 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline trinfax

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 02:41:48 PM »
BSC is ah good youth coach but he eh beat no Sando Tech..doh give him all dat props... ;D
Seriously though, allyuh feel BSC will want to coach ah youth team and work in conjunction with the senior team staff?  To start all youth players with dreads automatically have to sell nuts or punch at de side of de road because BSC is very set in his ways.

Go back and check.. I sure he beat Sando Tech...that was just before they went and recruit latas an dem...Dave Pope from Palo Seco had scored a wicked bullet that they disallowed in that game.. so he did beat Tech :-)

Offline trinfax

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 02:44:56 PM »

yeah but intercol football ranks no where on the map.....Could the Signal Hill of BSC's time beat the best competitive youth teams in Brazil, Argentina, England, Holland, Spain, France, Italy, etc ?..........the average intercol player is way way way way behind the curve compared to his global counterparts who have potential to succeed at the highest level.......Intercol football is somewhat of a joke to be honest......and BSC's world cup team lost 6-0, 4-0 & 2-0.....so there should be an addendum to the praise you sing. BSC must be given credit for his abilities in working to develop youth football BY TRINIDAD & TOBAGO STANDARDS.....and sadly our standard of youth football is and has been poor..........

I respect BSC, but I'm kinda tired of people singing the same old praises of him and not putting them into a global context.......

A BSC coached TnT under 19 squad, without Dwight Yorke, did beat Brazil 4-2 in the National Stadium. Yes it wasnt the full squad but it wasnt far from it....

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 02:48:04 PM »

A BSC coached TnT under 19 squad, without Dwight Yorke, did beat Brazil 4-2 in the National Stadium. Yes it wasnt the full squad but it wasnt far from it....

That Brazil squad was not even a shadow of their real squad....Their real squad went all the way to the final of that same World Cup tournament, and lost to Portugal on penalty kicks........I reiterate, we lost our games 6-0, 4-0 & 2-0....

I eh fighting down Bertille....but what yuh have to say about that ?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 02:50:53 PM by kicker »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 02:56:37 PM »
Dat youth squad was still hot despite being blown out.
Just qualifying for the cup was huge.

We also had Sherwood back then, before he got injured.
I really startin to feel that we produced better talents back then yes.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 03:01:29 PM »
Dat youth squad was still hot despite being blown out.
Just qualifying for the cup was huge.

We also had Sherwood back then, before he got injured.
I really startin to feel that we produced better talents back then yes.

That youth side wasn't ready....but they tief real men head

Sherwood.....oh gosh.....woulda like to see what woulda become of him had he never broken his leg...Ah feel he woulda be runnin' alongside Yorke in Germany this Summer...that was one talent that just was killed off by bad fortune.....

Offline trinfax

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 03:05:06 PM »

That Brazil squad was not even a shadow of their real squad....Their real squad went all the way to the final of that same World Cup tournament, and lost to Portugal on penalty kicks........I reiterate, we lost our games 6-0, 4-0 & 2-0....

I eh fighting down Bertille....but what yuh have to say about that ?

Exactly.. I know you eh fighting down Bertille, but we talking bout the development of our youth. Our youth system was strong then, a lot of talent came through and we cannot ignore that. The point is why can't we still use his services at the youth level.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 03:10:37 PM »

Go back and check.. I sure he beat Sando Tech...that was just before they went and recruit latas an dem...Dave Pope from Palo Seco had scored a wicked bullet that they disallowed in that game.. so he did beat Tech :-)

u could be right but when men refer to sando tech dey refering to 1985 when dey mash up everybody..yuh cant say he beat sando teach when the side was ah $hit side...it come like yuh say we draw with ah brazilian team that included ah 40 yr old Bebeto and other all old men.

But back to de point, BSC are very set in his ways.  He is definitely our most successful youth coach but he is very stubborn.  You can't learn if you are not willing to make changes..something he apparently doesn't believe in.

I think one of his strengths is instilling discipline in players, something a lot of our youth players need.  If he is willing to work as part of a "team', by all means include him but if he wants to just bray and cry down ppl Gally style, then he and Gally should watch the games on TV just like me.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 03:20:07 PM »

Exactly.. I know you eh fighting down Bertille, but we talking bout the development of our youth. Our youth system was strong then, a lot of talent came through and we cannot ignore that. The point is why can't we still use his services at the youth level.

I'm not sure if our youth system was any different to what it is today.....I think we had a "golden generation" of talent at that point.....But I hear what you say.

I just think that Bertille is a big fish in a small pond. Compared to his domestic counterparts, he was great...but on the global scale (where we want to be accounted for).....I don't think he's anything special......just my opinion.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 03:23:35 PM »

I'm not sure if our youth system was any different to what it is today.....I think we had a "golden generation" of talent at that point.....But I hear what you say.

I just think that Bertille is a big fish in a small pond. Compared to his domestic counterparts, he was great...but on the global scale (where we want to be accounted for).....I don't think he's anything special......just my opinion.

I agree with kicker, that was a very talented squad that included players such as Yorke, Sherwood (the most creative player since Latas),Eve, Ince, Nixon, Theodore (RIP), so BSC had more to work with compared to other youth team coaches in the recent past.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 04:36:19 PM »
whether bsc good or not he is not going to work anything but the sr team. and he sure as heck not going to work under our new youth devlopment boss anton corneal.  yuh could bet yuh house on that 1.

same with gally.
tt youth system was/is nothing to boast about, let we face facts.  So to have have anton corneal anywhere near our young players is crazy, who they giving the u-17 to tobago utd coach? isa? some more madness.
Best wim had bring another dutch coach or 2
But How come it always have a corneal in tt football? they fail and come out spotless always recycling how come?
jack in charge so i thinking alvin have some files on jack.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 04:47:06 PM »
I fine we should just get ah dutch PM and put ah dab ah Orange in the Red white and Black too..(ah being bitter and Sarcastic eh).. :D.after all they go bring some Serious organization....then give Guliani some Million, and we go cover ah lil Italian something, with ah New York spice and we crime as good as gone..Ah wonder how come Holland never win ah WC boy , with so much borse players and coaches ?  :devil:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 04:48:21 PM »
well maybe dey doh like we white people...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

MickeyRat

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2006, 05:08:53 PM »

My brother, you white? :devil:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2006, 05:33:43 PM »

My brother, you white? :devil:

stewps :rotfl:
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>