April 27, 2024, 07:22:58 PM

Author Topic: Wim Rijsbergen to take over as head coach.  (Read 39547 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wim Rijsbergen to take over as head coach.
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2006, 12:06:29 PM »
The TTFF has outlined plans before. The real question is if/how it will be executed.

But not this extensive Tallman

So yuh know what dat means? If de simpler ones were not executed in de past, it go even be more challenging to see dis one through  ;D. But say wha, yuh could quibble about de appointments etc, but at least dey give it some thought.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline trinfax

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2006, 12:08:52 PM »
Seems like we are going to hold on the the Dutch format and I am all for that. It seems to fit right into out style as opposed to other international formats. However, if that is the case why is it that Lincoln Phillips is the man assigned to supervise the development of local coaches? Shouldn't be the responsbility of someone who can communicate the "Dutch"sysem which we seem to be adopting?

Also, on what basis has Anton Corneal been selected as the local coach? What is his success record? On whose recommendation was he appointed? Were other local coaches considered and what made Corneal a better selection than them? That part makes me feel like this is going to be business as usual.  

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2006, 12:09:20 PM »
The TTFF has outlined plans before. The real question is if/how it will be executed.

But not this extensive Tallman

So yuh know what dat means? If de simpler ones were not executed in de past, it go even be more challenging to see dis one through  ;D. But say wha, yuh could quibble about de appointments etc, but at least dey give it some thought.

I think $$ is the difference now.  Plans with no financial resources were never going to work.
The $$ for this not sure yet but much better prospect this time around.  Whim more involved in the youth teams than Leo so for that I glad.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2006, 12:09:40 PM »
It have a wok for Gally somebody needed to run down balls around the practice field.
Maybe Wim is just a place holder till Beenie contract ends in two years, then he go come back and lead us in the next set of qualifiers, yes I know Wim contract is for 4 years, im just wishing.

:rotfl:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2006, 12:10:41 PM »
They will work with our local youth coaches. LP alaway talked about the development of local coaches so thats his job!!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2006, 12:15:14 PM »
Beenie hedging his bets with this 2 year thing. it looks like Poland contract him for Euro 2008, and he have T&T in the wings in case that doh work out. given that Euro 2008 qualifications coming up, I am doubtful about how much real assistance Beenie could provide over the next 2 years other than the odd call & meeting with Wim.

Beenie want to guarantee a paycheck and T&T hedging too because if Wim doh work out, we could always bring back the man and recreate the magic.

i want to know how we paying for all this?

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2006, 12:23:35 PM »

Judging from the contracts lenghts, Beenie could possibly fall back in with T&T in 2008, that depends if his tenure in Poland does not go well, and his contract is not renewed.

But I for one hope that does not happen, because I want Beenie to do well where ever he is!

Seen

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2006, 12:26:16 PM »
They will work with our local youth coaches. LP alaway talked about the development of local coaches so thats his job!!!

Great move by the TTFF, shows great planning for the future ! Great choice as a new head coach !Wim i understand was instrumental in the performance of our team in Germany ! You always see Beenie consulting him before any changes were made . It seems that he made the decisions and Beenie approved !!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2006, 12:27:23 PM »
It looks good on paper.  keeping Wim is good as there will be some continuity.  Although some ppl feel leo was too defensive, the main thing I saw was TnT playing disciplined structured football..true there was not much flair but you cant get apple juice from an orange.

The thing that stood out was the role of Lincoln..to be confined ti the development of coaches and goalkeepers.  It appears that Wim and Anton will responsible for all player development.

All in all, it looks like a good plan.  Only time will tell.

I'll sacrifice flair for discipline any day. I see this as a good thing for T&T football. We should dominate in de caribbean fron now on...again ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 01:27:12 PM by Pointman »
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

TrinInfinite

Re: Wim Rijsbergen will be Hungry to Prove something Internationally!
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2006, 12:30:18 PM »
 ;D bredda if dey want tuh move de post, dey could move it, i dont understand why u so adament when i dont really care, im trying tuh talk about de psychi behind whim and his effect and approach 2 our football post leo, diz all

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2006, 12:30:36 PM »
Flex, you forget to add that Anton Corneal bitter he did'nt get the head coach job and as a result he bad talking the heads?

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2006, 12:31:22 PM »
Could somebody tell me why Corneal is assistant coach?????? and why he is in charge of the youth teams, who during his tenure have failed miserably.....
I don't understand why they aren't inclusive od other youth coaches.....
Wim is a good choice though guess the TTFF close the door on meh boy Nakhid

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2006, 12:31:28 PM »
I will always say it, whether or not we found Beenie to be too defensive we saw a Trinidad and Tobago team united and playing with spirit and fire with great tactical discipline. We have the firepower in Cornell, Kenwayne, Scotland to take us and Birchie and Carlos in the engine room.
From now on when the Soca Warriors take to the field I want sides to shake and fear the strength and depth of our teams.

We must work with the youth to develop total players, who can defend, attack and shoot, so that no part of the field will be left open. We must train our players to fight for every ball and most of all play with a smile

GO WARRIORS THE FUTURE AWAITS

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2006, 12:31:36 PM »
Will Lincoln stay, is the question.  It's good to see some emphasis on coaching development and goalkeeping development.  Looks like the Dutch see Lincoln as an expert in goalkeeping (which is where he carved a niche internationally), but for whatever reason, not up to the task of putting some structure to our football teams. 

I don't think Lincoln wasn't up to the task...I think he just didn't have the strong personality required to have things implemented in a timely manner.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2006, 12:37:02 PM »
We should all welcome this as a positive move, Whim will do a great job, the Dutch approach is what we need to compliment our natural ability. Wait till Whim see the college league and Intercol, I am sure he will find the players of the future

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2006, 12:37:49 PM »
fella, im not being adamant, i made one point of it and that was it. talk yuh talk.
Hart for president

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2006, 12:39:55 PM »
TI, doh study dem.  They vex dat they didnt come up wit this topic! lol

ah love it!!

by de way, wim is 54 years old, so i hope when you said that he was young that you did were not talking about his age!

dcs and supporter are de undercover moderators. lol.

please let de moderators do dey wuk!!

ah love it!!

i just happy that we have ah foreign coach who basically worked with beenie alot!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2006, 12:43:11 PM »
Flex, you forget to add that Anton Corneal bitter he did'nt get the head coach job and as a result he bad talking the heads?

Kingman

He wanted that job!!! I guess he may quit or plot a coup d' etat

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Potential Conflict of interest: WORLD CUP 2010
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2006, 12:55:53 PM »
Ok so if all the offical reports out Beenie gone Poland. The man make TNT history and  for a couple of months we were exhausted with joy. The brim of exhilaration encompassed our lives; 'twas  the coming of Beenie. THANKS!!!! for another historical moment in meh life:  AH SAW THE END OF APARTHEID; THE BREAKDOWN OF TH E BERLIN WALL; THE BIRTH AH MEH TWO SONS  AND TNT in the WORLD CUP!!!!!

But now is business:
 1. who will be Beenie's assistant in Poland? are hope it eh Wim.

2. Ah hope he eh go be flying back and forth to Poland?

3. What happens if Poland  and TNT qualify for next   world Cup ?

4. What  if we in the same pool?

Yuh see why I does ask we to think ahead  and consider the PORCESS!!!!!!!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2006, 12:57:26 PM »
You write that on a whim or what?

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

MickeyRat

Re: Potential Conflict of interest: WORLD CUP 2010
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2006, 01:01:23 PM »
Bennie eh coming back.  I sure them assistants looking for something else (Euro 2008).

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2006, 01:01:52 PM »
Do you really think Bennie Will Continue to "Advise" TnT Technically,

That is just Mamaguy thing.

TTFF saying that cause they have a Bennie Tabanca.

Wim is the coach now
I just hope we stay patient and give the team time to build because as the senior men gone we will be in a rebuilding state for a lil while.

The only problem with Wim is that as he does not have a big name people will call for his head quick quick if we get some licks.

I would like to see him stay in the Job for at least 2 years and work on Building the U23 Olympic Local Squad

This will go a long way he getting us ready for 2010.

After 2 years a gold cup or 2 and a carribean cup or too we could see if we need a new coach for WC or if we should go with him.

But continuity is what we need now.

Hopwfully WIm in it for the long haul

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2006, 01:07:44 PM »
lol.. I was just pondering the same thing . ! that Would really be interesting.!

Do you really think Bennie Will Continue to "Advise" TnT Technically,

That is just Mamaguy thing.

TTFF saying that cause they have a Bennie Tabanca.

Wim is the coach now
I just hope we stay patient and give the team time to build because as the senior men gone we will be in a rebuilding state for a lil while.

The only problem with Wim is that as he does not have a big name people will call for his head quick quick if we get some licks.

I would like to see him stay in the Job for at least 2 years and work on Building the U23 Olympic Local Squad

This will go a long way he getting us ready for 2010.

After 2 years a gold cup or 2 and a carribean cup or too we could see if we need a new coach for WC or if we should go with him.

But continuity is what we need now.

Hopwfully WIm in it for the long haul

He in for the long haul man.. doh fraid..

We going forward with Wim.!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2006, 01:16:12 PM »
barring any other

congratulations to wim and his asistants i look forward to lauching scalding attacks on u and ur administration at after any degfeat as persisitant to my right as a warrior supporter

plaease be prepared and forwarned that barring wining every single game we play over the next four years reguardless of importance or stage in preparation u will be publicly castreted and humilited through the internet as a vessel

again i wiash u well

PRESIDENT OF THE STERN FOR GOALS COMITTEE
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2006, 01:17:27 PM »
over the next 2 years Beenie will have his hands full trying to whip Poland in shape for Euro 2008. he have real work to do over there, so all the talk about adviser to the T&T coaching staff is jokes. if the man have time to spare a conference call ah month I will be surprised.

Wim on his own. the only man he have for advice is Anton (take that for what it's worth). if Beenie fail with Poland we might see him back here, but that will depend on how Wim feel and his performances.

... breaking news: Poland Group for Euro 2008 qualifying: Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Belgium, Finland, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan.
Top 2 qualifying. We might see him sooner than we though.

Offline concerned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2006, 01:17:42 PM »
I have a feeling that was going to happen, looks like Leo lookng after Poland for EURO 2008

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2006, 01:18:57 PM »
FIRST TING FIRST

match against poland in the horizon??
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2006, 01:19:08 PM »
barring any other

congratulations to wim and his asistants i look forward to lauching scalding attacks on u and ur administration at after any degfeat as persisitant to my right as a warrior supporter

plaease be prepared and forwarned that barring wining every single game we play over the next four years reguardless of importance or stage in preparation u will be publicly castreted and humilited through the internet as a vessel

again i wiash u well

PRESIDENT OF THE STERN FOR GOALS COMITTEE

signed Gally, Edgar, Alvin etc etc

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2006, 01:28:47 PM »
signed Gally, Edgar, Alvin etc etc

:devil:

1]; } ?>