April 27, 2024, 10:29:25 AM

Author Topic: Wim Rijsbergen to take over as head coach.  (Read 39542 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Wim Rijsbergen to take over as head coach.
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2006, 06:31:58 PM »

I keep reading the accolades accorded to Wim and he hasn't coached agame yet as a head coach but he is already touted as a great fit? He may indeed  be the BEST fit I just have two questions:

What makes Wim Rijsbergen a great  'coach?"

What qualities does he have to align with the context of our  team?

It would be very interesting to get the players reactions to this  announcement.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2006, 07:00:19 PM »
Something about this arrangement bothering me.

I guess the only thing is something has to be said for the 'continuity'... but it real looking like Beenie fix up he friend...

Let me give you an analogy...

Tonight I had some babysitting to do. The only reason two caring parents in they right mind let me take care of they two little girls is because I was recommended by the last babysitter...

Now the thing about it is, I just replacing the last babysitter for a limited period of time, she have some stuff to do, but she coming back eh...

So the question is, when she come back, do I have to make sure they doh need she any more because I doing such a good job and the children so love me? Or is it that I was never anything else but a 'spare wheel' solution ?
Or is it that she was planning to bail out anyway and this "Ah coming back business is a load of tata?"

Anyway, all the best to you Don Leo. You have served us well. Thanks for everything. If we doh see you in 2 may it be that we don't need you anymore...

ps Let we see if Beenie leave Dudek and Frankowski off the team during qualifiers  :o
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2006, 07:00:52 PM »

I wonder if Wim really ask for him, Wim probably never hold a talk in he life with de man before, but Wim request him.... (hahahahahahahaha)....

Leh we see wha go happen.

Anton Corneal is youth development coach (hhahahahahahahah).... we football getting set back 20 years.

u 100 % correct here is a big joke to put this man as youth development coach. highly unlikely wim request sam and anton. otherwise i like what ah see on paper.
anton real kicks

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2006, 07:09:46 PM »

ps Let we see if Beenie leave Dudek and Frankowski off the team during qualifiers :o

Beenie should ask them if they have Trini blood? it be a shock if a man said  yes meh father from dey.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2006, 07:20:24 PM »
Who doing the profile on Jan Van Deinsen ??? Tell we something 'bout the man nuh? Is he another mercenary ???
Live large and prosper!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2006, 07:39:35 PM »

I keep reading the accolades accorded to Wim and he hasn't coached agame yet as a head coach but he is already touted as a great fit? He may indeed  be the BEST fit I just have two questions:

It would be very interesting to get the players reactions to this  announcement.

Give it ah rest and let's see what happens.  Nobody said he is ah great coach cause he eh coach anybody yet.  From what i heard the players approved the hiring of Wim because it was discussed with them prior to the annoucement today.  Stop trying to start something b4 ah ball even kick.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2006, 07:45:49 PM »
Nap,
Asking questions does not constitue  trying to start anything. I am not oppose to the move ah just asking questions.  Look at the success of Germany from a man who had no coaching experience.
Relax and try to read deeply; read all of it and  develop an inquiring mind to ask the right questions.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2006, 07:46:08 PM »
   Those are impressive plans for football in T&T.  The TTFF needs to be commended for at least presenting the plans and talking it over with the new coach.  Besides the three persons from the TTFF who were mentioned, anyone knows who else was involved in crafting the plans?

We are lucky that  Wim Rijsbergen is interested in the job.  It is an excellent move to hire him.   Would  Wim be living in Trinidad?   If he chooses to live in Tobago or one of the islands of the  Dutch Antilles (Aruba, etc), his tenure could be more peaceful and productive.

What about the administration ...  is Jack going to present his own  exit strategy anytime soon? 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2006, 08:30:25 PM »
From where I sit it was what I expected the Don will be back in 2yrs. If he choose to be called Consultant so be it. If you walk like a duck, sound like a duck you are a duck.

The Don said he will be back when the qualifiers start. In the interim instead of pitching marbles and climbing trees he get a wok with Poland.

If we end up in the same group in 2010 he might be charge for insider trading. Other than that lets see what happens.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2006, 08:49:39 PM »
Wim doh have ah resume like Beenie, but ah believe he is worth ah try, cuz wid his experience and working wid Beenie, yuh would think he can continue tuh carry de team forward. Besides now is de best time tuh try ah coach, and see what he got, cuz we have some time ahead of us tuh make changes if necessary.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2006, 08:54:41 PM »
Ah did mention in ah post yesterday dat Beenie came tuh say goodbye, de man was asking fuh he medal and tuh meet de players, de writing was on de wall.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2006, 08:56:31 PM »
From where I sit it was what I expected the Don will be back in 2yrs. If he choose to be called Consultant so be it. If you walk like a duck, sound like a duck you are a duck.

The Don said he will be back when the qualifiers start. In the interim instead of pitching marbles and climbing trees he get a wok with Poland.

If we end up in the same group in 2010 he might be charge for insider trading. Other than that lets see what happens.

lemmih throw ah wrench in yuh gears dey boss....suppose poland start to do good
2 years from now poland on ah vertical beeline in world cup standings...why not? ...beenie is ah good coach

yuh tink he commin back then?

allyuh hadda remember is jus ah wukk beenie get hired for...yes is ah high paid wukk..but man does get fired in da wukk easy easy...is jus ah wukk,,no loyalty, no fren

beenie setup  heself to get two cheques from two countries....good for him, anybody would love to negotiate in dey wukk like dat

even if he slide in he pardner...what/who is de alternative right now?  gally? grovesnor?
he pardner learn de ropes from beenie....let de man do de wukk..untll either he fail and somebody else get hired or anton take over
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2006, 09:05:44 PM »
And its not that i'm not excited by the news it's just deep in de back of meh mind, a kinda worried about offence. maybe since we have 4 years to work  Wim go get time to develop his offensive strategies after seeing who he have to work with. At de end of de day, its a big move. I expect Wim will make a little less which would leave some space for a quick fix if necessary. I would like to see Wim succeed and most importantly figure out how the "TnT style of ball could fit into a Tight Dutch style.  If Wim live in Trinidad this could be the best thing since slice bread. He go get to check out de pfl, Super League, Intercol, colleges league. Oh boy Wim go be like a child in a candy store.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2006, 09:14:24 PM »
Who doing the profile on Jan Van Deinsen ??? Tell we something 'bout the man nuh? Is he another mercenary ???
He and Whim go back to there playing days at Feynord in the late 70's.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2006, 09:27:34 PM »
If Poland do well and they keep him then we just have Whim? I doh see that so hard to understand. As u say the man get 2 wuk. Poland close to home and jack say the Don confess that he age makes this arrangement suitable
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2006, 09:32:15 PM »
If Poland does well and they keep him and he stays he give up the consulatncy pay check.

the best thing about the deal is taht we have some continuity. 2010 we comin 4 them

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2006, 09:47:38 PM »
People sayin how Beenie negotiate 2 salary.

To me, it seem like the powers dat be basically tell Beenie...look....we eh have no issues wit you goin wit a nex National team, but WE WANT U INVOLVE IN WHATEVER CAPACITY WIT WE PROGRAM TO ENSURE SOME CONTINUITY.  IF IS AS A ADVISOR...SO BE IT.  WE COULD HANDLE DAT.

Leo Beenhakker at a stage in he career where he could call whaever money he want from all various federations dat was pursuin him....includin Australia who have a history of INVESTIN IN SPORT.  If Beenie didn't want to come back to T&T...he wouldnt be back in any capacity.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2006, 09:51:42 PM »

Alberta why don't you come out and tell us what you are trying to say. Why should we have to deduce from your posts your insinuations? Do you think there is something sinister about this selection? Do you have an alternative to Wim?

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2006, 11:27:56 PM »
 This is what was told to me by Bruce the manager in Germany before the first game.
He said they simply could not afford Beenhakker for the next four years but will ask Wim for two an Beenie for two, LP also said the same thing recently.

As a project Manager I am saying that this is a recipe for failure and I am not going to get into the reasons an teach anybody here.
But suffice it that whilst this is not exactly plaster management it is most defintely Peter's Principle.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2006, 12:08:23 AM »

Alberta why don't you come out and tell us what you are trying to say. Why should we have to deduce from your posts your insinuations? Do you think there is something sinister about this selection? Do you have an alternative to Wim?

thank you Source..i owe yuh ah case ah beers...Alberta have ah million post and each post have ah link to another post...I asked alberta the same questions...is there something wrong with the selection?..if yes, then who should be selected as coach?...if the answer is no to the first question then be quiet and let's see what happens over the next 12 months.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2006, 01:27:49 AM »

thank you Source..i owe yuh ah case ah beers...Alberta have ah million post and each post have ah link to another post...I asked alberta the same questions...is there something wrong with the selection?..if yes, then who should be selected as coach?...if the answer is no to the first question then be quiet and let's see what happens over the next 12 months.

Would you let your carpenter foreman build your new house instead of the master builder or would you say let me try him out on the garage first and see how it works out ?
( As assistant to Beenie how many people ask what he ever do in that position ? What club team this man ever coach ? What are his coaching credentials, certificates etc, what are his managerial skills)

We settling here for not even proven mediocrity but total unknown at this position.

I agree with Alberta , ask the questions .
Again the trini mentality is to say yea good idea leh we give de man a chance, say what if in one year he ent good we goh replace him. lol  So if we get licks going an coming in the next year that is acceptable.

I for one cannot and will not accept that stance.

Beenie is not the coach as I expected, then do what you did to get him here in the first place. Send out for resumes, evaluate credentials, ask senior and past players advice and then hire.

That is the way to do business and enuff of this sentimental BS.

I was in Germany and I want to be certain that we give ourselves the best resources we could afford to get to  SA in 2010, because that Germany experience was.......
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2006, 06:26:50 AM »
Here is my two cents.  A lot of men bumping they gum on both sides of the argument and still aint saying nothing. 

Fellas, the simple fact is that Football is ah business.  So try thinking about this whole set up as a business arrangement.  To retain Beenie for the next four years requires a lot of money for both him and his assistants.  Can anyone justify that Capital expense for the next 2 years when there is only the Caribbean Cup and the Gold Cup to play for?  Who ever answers in the affirmative, does not realize the coaching staff fees and disregards the fact that basic social services are lacking in our fine country.  As a consequence, please stop saying that the Government should pay any price to go to South Africa in 2010.  We are still a developing country and that sort of expenditure in one Sport (regardless of how much I love the sport) is not prudent.  We cah vex Beenie for going for the money either.  Okay yuh want to make the argument about player and programme development?  Where has that ever been listed on Beenies resume?  Beenie is a "closer" give him a team and he puts together the "X's" and "O's" on the field to be successful.  Beenie is an the field Mastermind.  He is not an administrator.

The plan allows for continuity (and might have been part of a succession plan thought of at the start of Beenie's tenure) not only in terms of the coaching personnel but the style/philosophy of football to be played.  If we want to resort to the Kaiso Footabll (or we style of football as some have said) then say that is what yuh want.  I personally tired of playing so-called pretty football, loosing and being a laughing stock in the region.  If we are to say that there are Local Coaches qualified to take over the job, then please suggest them and show me their resumes.  Some are questioning Wim's resume but totally discounting the exposure/experience that he has had both as a player and an Assistant coach.  I personally am tired of recyclying past unsuccessful coaches (whether local or foreign).  I had a soft spot for Gally taking back the head coach job until I read his recent statements.  We may have taken a step back from Beenie but let us be honest we will never know until Wim has been in the work for set period of time, since he would be breeding new players into the team (at least I hope he would if 2010 is to be a reality).  We must be clear on a reasonable time period since I remember a number of posters wanting Beenie out of the job after the Gold Cup and some poor results in friendlies.  Again if there are other candidates, please suggest them?

The other aspects of the plan appears well thought out but I would prefer to hold comment until I see how they plan to implement the plan, rather than the plan itself.  The plan appears much for the TTFF based on their past track record but maybe we might be seeing a changing of the guard (I pray).

I don't have a crystall ball but I am in favor of and will support Wim, his assistants and the plan.

Blessings.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline concerned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2006, 07:25:38 AM »
Ah dont know if this was mentioned prior to my post but
JACK say last night on TV that Leo had offers from US and Australia and they were turned down because of his age (64) and the travelling factor. Travelling is taking a toll on him and  Poland is practically next door.
This makes sense to me

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2006, 08:01:58 AM »
Something about this arrangement bothering me.

I guess the only thing is something has to be said for the 'continuity'... but it real looking like Beenie fix up he friend...

Let me give you an analogy...

Tonight I had some babysitting to do. The only reason two caring parents in they right mind let me take care of they two little girls is because I was recommended by the last babysitter...

Now the thing about it is, I just replacing the last babysitter for a limited period of time, she have some stuff to do, but she coming back eh...

So the question is, when she come back, do I have to make sure they doh need she any more because I doing such a good job and the children so love me? Or is it that I was never anything else but a 'spare wheel' solution ?
Or is it that she was planning to bail out anyway and this "Ah coming back business is a load of tata?"

Anyway, all the best to you Don Leo. You have served us well. Thanks for everything. If we doh see you in 2 may it be that we don't need you anymore...

ps Let we see if Beenie leave Dudek and Frankowski off the team during qualifiers  :o

I disagree with you, the time is ripe for our players to adopt a more tactical approach to the game and nobody does it better than the Dutch, where every man on the team is capable of defending attacking, shooting, keeping possession. We are going in the right direction, I would even like to see more players getting some exposure in Holland through some type of exchange program

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2006, 08:25:36 AM »
fishs,
With your logic rudi voeller would have been still coaching germany and Klinsman would never gotten the opportunity.  True Wim has no big credentials as a head coach, he has been an assistant coach for quite a while but you have to consider several factors such as
1) money...can we afford a proven big name coach?
2) the players..Wim has been around the team for a while and it has been reported that he did a lot of work and the players respect him and agree on his selection

Do you think they should talk to past players?..Like who Gally? Brian Williams?  Talk to people who hating on leo and it will obviously hate on Wim.  I heard they spoke to the current players about Wim and they agree..that is all that matters to me because they are playing not Gally, Brian Williams, fishs or real madness.

Even when Leo was first hired people was complaining how he eh coach no big team in recent times, then after we qualify the same men bawling Leo is ah boss.  So I expect a lot of people to criticize Wim.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2006, 08:38:15 AM »
I will not dis Wim because I sense that Wim was doing all the ground work for de Team anyway. I suspect that Wim worked and Beenie signed off on it and made his speech, this being the case then Wim is fully qualified to continue because he was doing it all along. If allyuh want to address the headache let we figure out who go do PR and make de Big speech on the trainig field and before gameday. If Wim could do that too then we have a winner.
"A worker and a Statesman"
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2006, 08:38:44 AM »
He and Whim go back to there playing days at Feynord in the late 70's.
From what i've found, he was supposed to be the TD at the Football College of excellence in Nigeria from last Summer. He was Assistant Manager at Vitesse Arnhem in '04-05; and Manager at MVV the year before that.
Live large and prosper!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2006, 08:53:02 AM »
Congratualtions to Wim on your new appointment.
That said, I remember vaguely, that Wim used to handle the team when Beenie was absent, which was reasonably often. Beeniw has confidence, the players have confidence in WIm, then  so do I. I am sure if we play a few practice matches under Wim and the team not performing something will be done. It might not be done as fast we would like it but something will be done. I feel confident that WIm could bring us success.

Offline trinfax

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2006, 09:01:34 AM »
Question.. Was Wim the assistant who had the fallingout with Nakhid??? I cant remember...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2006, 09:10:40 AM »
I glad to see somebody else post about the age issue. It is obvious that played a fact in his decision. I also agree that as much as I plan to save to make sure I reach S/Africa once we reach that is my money and Ionly answerable to God for my money so I do not agree spending any amount of money on football or any sport as a matter of fact.

1]; } ?>