April 28, 2024, 11:59:09 PM

Author Topic: Insult Was Only Mild - Materazzi  (Read 9660 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Insult Was Only Mild - Materazzi
« on: July 11, 2006, 08:46:01 AM »
look trouble now start!!!...............ah love it!!

www.soccer365.com

Marco Materazzi has admitted insulting Zinedine Zidane in the World Cup final but denies referring to terrorism or the France captain's mother.

Italy defender Materazzi was the victim of a vicious Zidane headbutt that led to the French talisman being sent off during extra-time in Sunday night's showpiece in Berlin.

There have been several theories as to what Materazzi actually said to bring about Zidane's amazing reaction.

But the former Everton man told Gazzetta Dello Sport he definitely did not call the French skipper a terrorist, and claims he did not insult the midfielder's mother either.

Materazzi said: "I held Zidane's shirt for a few seconds. He turned to me, looked at me from top to bottom with utmost arrogance and said: 'If you really want my shirt, I'll give it to you afterwards'. I answered him with an insult.

"It was the type of insult that we've heard before so many times on the pitch, and sometimes we don't even notice it.

"What's sure is that I never called him a terrorist: I am not cultured and I don't even know what an Islamic terrorist is. My sole terrorist is her...," added the 32-year-old, pointing at his sleeping 10-month-old daughter.

"I certainly did not talk about Zidane's mother. For me, mothers are sacred," he added.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

truetrini

Re: Insult Was Only Mild - Materazzi
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 08:52:37 AM »
Zidnae tell de man "If you want nmeh shirt ask fuh it after de game!"  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah love it too!

but yuh notice he eh say what he tell Zizou?

Another thing, he say I dont know what an Islamic terrorist is....who say anything about Islamic?

« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 09:17:07 AM by truetrini »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 08:55:31 AM »
haha de man say eh not cultured dont knwo what ah terrorist is...u ever hear more shit so before..loll :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:..lmao@what zidane say..allyuh sur ehe eh grow up in trini.. :rotfl: :rotfl:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 09:04:52 AM »
it have different types of insults, just like how it have different amount ah pepper on doubles.

Zidane only get ah slight!! lol

ah love it!!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 09:10:38 AM »
it have different types of insults, just like how it have different amount ah pepper on doubles.

Zidane only get ah slight!! lol

ah love it!!
true eh but pepper is pepper it burns...and like me zidane probably cant eat any...lol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 09:13:25 AM »
I remember once a young lady told her parents that she was just a little bit pregnant. This by far beat it back after his father said that he is the one who suffered. Zidane will still come out looking better at least he has not said what was said. This clown said it was a little insult. What next?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 09:15:27 AM »
HE PROBABLY TELL HIM

d only way yuh getin girls is cuz u cud play ball good wit day sunroof on yuh hed since yuh bout 11

zidane knowing that in a world where he wasnt a pro baller a 34 yr old balding man wasnt going to get any broght him up close to d sun roof wit the butt
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 09:22:51 AM »
Zidane say if yuh like meh shirt so much I will give it to you afterwards....funny

But along those likes Materazzi probably say "nah ah prefer the shirt off yuh wife back"  which would also be ah funny comeback

But being already pissed...Ziidane probably let it go to he head :chilling:

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 09:32:10 AM »
Last Updated: Tuesday, 11 July 2006, 13:26 GMT 14:26 UK 

E-mail this to a friend   Printable version 

Fifa investigates Zidane red card 

Zidane reacted to Materazzi's insult by headbutting the defender
Fifa is to investigate Zinedine Zidane's dramatic sending off during Sunday's World Cup final in Berlin.
The Frenchman was dismissed in extra-time for a headbutt on Marco Materazzi which happened seconds after the Italian apparently insulted him.

Materazzi has denied calling Zidane a "terrorist" or insulting his mother.

Fifa will now launch an investigation into Zidane's conduct to enable it to clarify the circumstances surrounding the incident as exactly as possible.

Zidane and Materazzi exchanged words with 10 minutes left of extra-time before Zidane lowered his head and rammed Materazzi in the chest, knocking him to the ground.

Materazzi defended himself on Tuesday in the Italian newspaper La Gazetta dello Sport, when he said: "It was the kind of insult you will hear dozens of times and just slips out of the ground.

"I didn't call Zidane a terrorist and certainly didn't mention his mother."

Zidane looked at me with super arrogance... it's true I shot back with an insult

Marco Materazzi

Zidane, who was born and grew up in Marseille, is the son of Algerian immigrants and has suffered taunts about his heritage throughout his football career.

But Materazzi added: "I am ignorant, I don't even know what an Islamic terrorist is; my only terrorist is her," he said pointing to his 10-month-old daughter.

"I did not bring up Zidane's mother; for me a mother is sacred."

Materazzi and Zidane became involved in a verbal spat with 10 minutes to go in extra-time with France and Italy drawing 1-1 in the World Cup final.

After Materazzi's insult Zidane shoved his head into the Italian's chest and was sent off, with Italy going on to win the match 5-3 on penalties.

"I held his shirt, for only a few seconds," said Materazzi, who had scored Italy's equaliser after Zidane put France ahead from the penalty spot.

"He turned towards me and scoffed at me, looking at me with super arrogance, up and down.

"He said 'if you really want my shirt, you can have it later.'

"It's true, I shot back with an insult."

Just what did Materazzi say to provoke this reaction from Zidane?

Media organisations across Europe have been trying to decipher what Materazzi said to provoke such an extreme reaction from Zidane.

But it remains unclear exactly what was said and the BBC has broadcast two different versions.

BBC Radio Five Live asked for help from a deaf lip reader, Jessica Rees, who read the words phonetically to an Italian translator.

She deciphered the insult as being "you're the son of a terrorist whore" - a translation also carried by many national newspapers in Britain on Tuesday.

The BBC's Ten O'Clock News also called in experts to study the television footage of the incident and determined the following:

Materazzi's first word to Zidane was "no" before he then told him to "calm down".

He then accused him of being a "liar" and wished "an ugly death to you and your family" on the day the Frenchman's mother had been taken to hospital ill. This was followed by "Go f*** yourself".

Zidane's agent, Alain Migliaccio, has hinted that Zidane will soon reveal exactly what was said by Materazzi.

Piara Powar, national co-ordinator for the anti-racism group Kick It Out told Five Live, said: "If there was a racial slur then Fifa needs to act."

Keith Hackett, head of referees in England, said that if it can be proved that Matterazzi racially abused the Frenchman, then Fifa should take retrospective action for "the good of the game."

« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 09:38:34 AM by truetrini »

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 09:33:42 AM »

but yuh notice he eh say what he tell Zizou?

true!!! ah really wonder what de man say tuh tick off Zizou so?? Now ah itching tuh find out

truetrini

Fifa investigates Zidane red card 

Zidane reacted to Materazzi's insult by headbutting the defender
Fifa is to investigate Zinedine Zidane's dramatic sending off during Sunday's World Cup final in Berlin.
The Frenchman was dismissed in extra-time for a headbutt on Marco Materazzi which happened seconds after the Italian apparently insulted him.

Materazzi has denied calling Zidane a "terrorist" or insulting his mother.

Fifa will now launch an investigation into Zidane's conduct to enable it to clarify the circumstances surrounding the incident as exactly as possible.

Zidane and Materazzi exchanged words with 10 minutes left of extra-time before Zidane lowered his head and rammed Materazzi in the chest, knocking him to the ground.

Materazzi defended himself on Tuesday in the Italian newspaper La Gazetta dello Sport, when he said: "It was the kind of insult you will hear dozens of times and just slips out of the ground.

"I didn't call Zidane a terrorist and certainly didn't mention his mother."

Zidane looked at me with super arrogance... it's true I shot back with an insult

Marco Materazzi

Zidane, who was born and grew up in Marseille, is the son of Algerian immigrants and has suffered taunts about his heritage throughout his football career.

But Materazzi added: "I am ignorant, I don't even know what an Islamic terrorist is; my only terrorist is her," he said pointing to his 10-month-old daughter.

"I did not bring up Zidane's mother; for me a mother is sacred."

Materazzi and Zidane became involved in a verbal spat with 10 minutes to go in extra-time with France and Italy drawing 1-1 in the World Cup final.

After Materazzi's insult Zidane shoved his head into the Italian's chest and was sent off, with Italy going on to win the match 5-3 on penalties.

"I held his shirt, for only a few seconds," said Materazzi, who had scored Italy's equaliser after Zidane put France ahead from the penalty spot.

"He turned towards me and scoffed at me, looking at me with super arrogance, up and down.

"He said 'if you really want my shirt, you can have it later.'

"It's true, I shot back with an insult."

Just what did Materazzi say to provoke this reaction from Zidane?

Media organisations across Europe have been trying to decipher what Materazzi said to provoke such an extreme reaction from Zidane.

But it remains unclear exactly what was said and the BBC has broadcast two different versions.

BBC Radio Five Live asked for help from a deaf lip reader, Jessica Rees, who read the words phonetically to an Italian translator.

She deciphered the insult as being "you're the son of a terrorist whore" - a translation also carried by many national newspapers in Britain on Tuesday.

The BBC's Ten O'Clock News also called in experts to study the television footage of the incident and determined the following:

Materazzi's first word to Zidane was "no" before he then told him to "calm down".

He then accused him of being a "liar" and wished "an ugly death to you and your family" on the day the Frenchman's mother had been taken to hospital ill. This was followed by "Go f*** yourself".

Zidane's agent, Alain Migliaccio, has hinted that Zidane will soon reveal exactly what was said by Materazzi.

Piara Powar, national co-ordinator for the anti-racism group Kick It Out told Five Live, said: "If there was a racial slur then Fifa needs to act."

Keith Hackett, head of referees in England, said that if it can be proved that Matterazzi racially abused the Frenchman, then Fifa should take retrospective action for "the good of the game."

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 09:38:38 AM »
De man refer to he own 10 month old daughter as ah terrorist oui  :o

well if he so 'stupid' he should be playin with ah helmet and ah drool cup
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

MickeyRat

Lip readers reach..... :-\ 

Jessica Rees read my lips..."Y*# M**#%&

Translate that!

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
oh gorm

is a real tangled web marco weaving they

d safest thing to do is just say exactly what he tell zidane cuz bush might send trrops in italy saying he hear a man say ina socer game they have weapons aof mast destruction
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
oh gorm

is a real tangled web marco weaving they

d safest thing to do is just say exactly what he tell zidane cuz bush might send trrops in italy saying he hear a man say ina socer game they have weapons aof mast destruction

LOL.

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
if this is correct, what should FIFA do?  Should they penalize him and take away his medal or should the team be penalized??

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
if this is correct, what should FIFA do?  Should they penalize him and take away his medal or should the team be penalized??

I don't think the team should be punished because they cannot control the actions of individuals.  I believe Materazzi should receive a lengthy ban (2-3 years if it is a racist comment)from all football.  Leave him with the medal, every time he looks at it, it will remind him of what he said.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation

Hmmmm...what did they say the rule was if players, coaches, people directly connected with the team were found to use racial abuse during matches? (something about points deducted....and if in knock-out then what??)

Whatever the rules are BEFORE the incident are what need to be applied....doesn't really matter how big the game was...all that matter is what the rule is and I suppose what can be proven.....but with billions of people watching and all them cameras and microphones it mightn be to much of a mystery.

Waiting to see what Zidane say...I don't think he will lie...Materazzi is the man who will be trying to cover his ass.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Hmmmm...what did they say the rule was if players, coaches, people directly connected with the team were found to use racial abuse during matches? (something about points deducted....and if in knock-out then what??)

Whatever the rules are BEFORE the incident are what need to be applied....doesn't really matter how big the game was...all that matter is what the rule is and I suppose what can be proven.....but with billions of people watching and all them cameras and microphones it mightn be to much of a mystery.

Waiting to see what Zidane say...I don't think he will lie...Materazzi is the man who will be trying to cover his ass.

Well if is "terrorist whore" he used then that's really bad but they will argue that that is not directly racial

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 10:25:49 AM »

if anyone had any doubt that this wasnt a trini board... ;D
Hart for president

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
What Zidane did was  wrong and he received the right punishment by being sent off. The question remains, why did he react to Materazzi in such a way that would put his team in jeopardy? One would hardly think it was just a regular insult that provoked such a violent reaction. Fifa certainly needs to get to the bottom of this and resolve it. The beautiful game was full of shenanigans in this World Cup and the Italians were guilty of many. I'm following this one closely. The game has to be cleaned up.

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 10:29:55 AM »
They say the truth will set you free but the truth will sink Materazzi if it be told. I'm waiting to see what's the truth. The drama will unfold and the Italians may not like it.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 10:33:24 AM »
They say the truth will set you free but the truth will sink Materazzi if it be told. I'm waiting to see what's the truth. The drama will unfold and the Italians may not like it.

Dem italians eh go care...

Dey club football done in corruption waters.....and dey keepin  de cup
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 10:40:35 AM »
Well for his so called slight insult he should have gotten a slight concussion  ;D........Just thought it suit the post as we on the subject of slight.

yes players get smack talk in all sports , however some standards should be adhered to.......(No racial of culturally derogatory statemenst)....Then once you on the field you could get away with a being a RACIST bastard  ???......I disagree, it is crap like that gives the game a bad name.....second to that are the divers

Card him up and let we replay the World Cup........ ;D

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 10:44:09 AM »

I want to see that day so that all dem Italian haters drop down a notch or 2
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 11:13:24 AM »
If a mild insult brought on such a reaction what would a strong insult result in? I'm so glad it wan only a mild insult because a strong insult might have resulted in the unthinkable :banginghead:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
i heard that materazzi told zidane that "zizou, i'm pregnant and you are the father"

And then zidane tried to kill de child!

lol

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 11:40:16 AM »
Well, he said that he didn't call him a terrorist and he didn't say anything about his mother, so he could have talked about his family or made a racist remark.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I don't think the team should be punished because they cannot control the actions of individuals.  I believe Materazzi should receive a lengthy ban (2-3 years if it is a racist comment)from all football.  Leave him with the medal, every time he looks at it, it will remind him of what he said.

2 to 3 years???  For saying "terrorist"? Yuh real harsh dread :rotfl:

If that's what he said, Materazzi ent do nothing wrong, dat kinda talk is not particularly racist (and yes, i see the link between his algerian heritage and the terrorist slur) and is regular in European leagues. At Premiership games yuh does hear players saying worse dan dat to dey own teammates. I cant see him getting more dan 6 games - and even dat would just be for show, it ent really worth more than a typical red card offence. Is someone called me a slave because I black, I might feel slightly offended, but I eh go dead, especially if I am 10 minutes from winning the World Cup.

Plus, Materazzi is about to turn 33. If I was him, and yuh ban me for 3 years, I would happily sit down and salt, staring at my World Cup medal all day, and thinking about how I was brave enought to take a butt for my country.  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 03:12:13 PM by Ryan »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2006, 03:32:58 PM »
everyone focusing on the possibility that Materazzi said something racist. I am beginning to think that is not the truth and something like that would not set off Zidane.

However, some RUMORS, hint that he wished death on Zidane's mother. Now, if this is true, and Zizou's mother was just rushed to hospital that day, then I can begin to understand why the man might completely lose it. I have to emphasize that it is only a rumor like all the other ole talk....and I do not condone violence on the field as a reaction to any verbal provocation...but if a man mom's hospitalized and a next man wish death on her (especially f you feel that man knows she in hospital) then...then...I have to admit..I will side with Zidane on that one. In fact, he showed extraordinary control. Maybe that is a shameful thing to say...but we are all human and I willing to bet very few could not empathize with that..

Zidane say he will come out and speak about the incident soon...we will see.

1]; } ?>