March 28, 2024, 07:31:52 AM

Author Topic: Where's Cornell Glenn?  (Read 7105 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Where's Cornell Glenn?
« on: June 03, 2006, 03:23:56 PM »
Anybody no what's going on with cornell glenn,I know spann left with an injury but if cornell still on the team it could only mean he has recovered enough to play.Still he's absent in most of the friendlies.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Where's Cornell Glenn?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 03:27:02 PM »
Beenie don't like him.  :)

Actually I was quite surprised that he was picked in the first place because everybody could tell that Beenie don't think too highly of him.

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 03:34:09 PM »
Anybody no what's going on with cornell glenn,I know spann left with an injury but if cornell still on the team it could only mean he has recovered enough to play.Still he's absent in most of the friendlies.

I was asking de same ting in my previous post!!!!

like i said in a next post, i think latas will start the sweden game because of his leadership and experience. somebody need to settle down the other players early on. he is the only choice. i would pack the midfield in the first half with a lone striker. depending on how things going i would then partner stern with kenwyn. latas could get a rest second half

AGREED.....With our defense being so porous we need to give the opposition worries in their own half.  TIT for TAT on goals is the only way to survive.  And I don't understand what going on wit Cornell Glen...if he has recovered how come beenie ent play him yet.....is he going to give he a baptism of fire in one of our important opening games?  Sweden or England or is he resting him until the paraguay game?  Very strange!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 03:38:28 PM »
Beenie don't like him.  :)

Excerpt from an interview Beenhakker had with Spalk....in Mr. Beenhakker's own words:

Spalk now rechristen de "Lil Magician" "De Mind Freak".... 

Talkin about de forwards.....Scott Sealey.

Beenie say dat Scott is de best replacement for Stern....but Latas and Yorke also do a good job there.  We have more problems on the wings....only Carlos really.

Say Jason Scotland playin fantastic every week in Scotland.

Wasn't initially very impressed with Collin Samuel but the guy has really picked up his game and the way he played against Iceland was absolutely fantastic.

He and Wim Reijsbergen were talking a lot about Scott Sealey and they felt his inexperience was the deciding factor there.

Kenwyne Jones.  He calls him a great player and Kenwyne doesn't know yet what he can do.  He says he can surprise you in any way at any moment.  He says he can play next to Stern John...he can play out on the wing....outside, inside....he is so good...actually...he is not good...he is so talented that he hopes he can show that in the WC.

Cornell Glen.  Glen has special skills....you need all the skills possible in the TEAM.  He is so dangerous with his team, especially when the opposition is pressing your team and Cornell is especially dangerous on the counter.  You need these skills within a squad of 23.  Stern is the best at holding up the ball.  Kenwyne will run all day.  Glen dangerous on the counter and can play either wide or through the middle

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 03:46:37 PM »
Palos, was this posted LONG time ago or is it a new article?
I sure I read this long time ago

Shortly after the 24 was announced.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 04:05:52 PM »
Palos, was this posted LONG time ago or is it a new article?
I sure I read this long time ago

Shortly after the 24 was announced.
well not sayign it isnt true btu after u pic one person over other potentials u must have good thigns to say. and he as experience to knwo what to say to the media. so i wont take what ever he said (not dismmising it as false either) but take that with a grain of salt. after the intial fallig out they had..some feelings must have remained. well that being said maybe that shows that maybe he does have somehting to offer the team in beenies eyes. at any rate nto to have seen him in any practise game.leaves alot of unsanswered questions and speculation.

Well...Glen WAS injured and ony started trainin wit the team THIS WEEK.  Perhaps he felt it's best not to risk putting him out there?

You could say the same for Latas,Evans Wise and Ince too.  None gettin much of a run either...in Ince case...none at all.  I cyah categorically say is because it have some kinda lingerin issue or not.  But yuh have a point with Beenie bein media savvy.  I guess all will be revealed in 7 days time.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 04:33:59 PM »
yeah i do not know why theobald still starting too
All American

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 04:45:56 PM »
yeah i do not know why theobald still starting too

I'll guess the following:

Whitley was injured

Spann's injury and subsequent withdrawal from the squad gave us even less options in midfield

I think the natural understudy for Whitley's role on the team would be Theobald of the midfielders available.

Thus....while Whitley recovering from injury and bringing him along SLOWLY....Theobald started, thereby giving Beenie a match ready option off the bench should Whitley's injury either act up or get suspended due to yellow card.

Just speculatin.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »

he's been fully fit since the day before the wales game.....was told that he wasn't gonna see any minutes in the wales game(the powers that be didn't want to risk injury re-accurance) was also told that him and #14 need to resolve their personal issues with each other(stemming from a cussout between the two after a gold cup game where #13 expressed his displeasure about #14's 'big boy' attitude on de field and his unwillingness to run back when he lost de ball..saying in his(#14's) own words:quote:'that is de midfield and defense wuk')the relationship between the two further deterriorated when the coach tried to build some chemistry between them (sighting that there were issues with the two)and put them to share the same room together for T&T's game against bahrain in port-of-spain..#14 didn't check into the room,instead payed for and checked into a penthouse suite...so what i think this means and what i've seen happen thus far is that until those settle their personal issues chances of them sharing the same field are slim to none....unless #14 is substitued late in a game and #13 is brought on..that's probably his only chance at minutes as far as i can see. :'( :'(

#8..President Of De Glen For Goals Committee 

Sad to say...dis have de ring of truth about it.  I doh know because me eh involve or know dat runnins....but it soundin like dat coulda go down.  As ah say...sad.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 05:26:41 PM »

he's been fully fit since the day before the wales game.....was told that he wasn't gonna see any minutes in the wales game(the powers that be didn't want to risk injury re-accurance) was also told that him and #14 need to resolve their personal issues with each other(stemming from a cussout between the two after a gold cup game where #13 expressed his displeasure about #14's 'big boy' attitude on de field and his unwillingness to run back when he lost de ball..saying in his(#14's) own words:quote:'that is de midfield and defense wuk')the relationship between the two further deterriorated when the coach tried to build some chemistry between them (sighting that there were issues with the two)and put them to share the same room together for T&T's game against bahrain in port-of-spain..#14 didn't check into the room,instead payed for and checked into a penthouse suite...so what i think this means and what i've seen happen thus far is that until those settle their personal issues chances of them sharing the same field are slim to none....unless #14 is substitued late in a game and #13 is brought on..that's probably his only chance at minutes as far as i can see. :'( :'(

HMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!! So since getting the ball is de midfield and de defense wuk.....and your wuk is to score goals...........wha should happen when yuh eh doin dat???
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 05:40:40 PM »
WTF
Ah know it something had to happen after that Gold Cup. It was too obvious. But why is the coach allowing this to go on. If that is true it is #14 that should be loosing out untill he come to he sences.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 05:53:46 PM »
the relationship between the two further deterriorated when the coach tried to build some chemistry between them (sighting that there were issues with the two)and put them to share the same room together for T&T's game against bahrain in port-of-spain..#14 didn't check into the room,instead payed for and checked into a penthouse suite...so what i think this means and what i've seen happen thus far is that until those two settle their personal issues chances of them sharing the same field are slim to none.... 

Wasn't Cornell Glen left off the T&T squad long before the Bahrain games?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 05:57:14 PM by rocwell »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 06:04:03 PM »
the relationship between the two further deterriorated when the coach tried to build some chemistry between them (sighting that there were issues with the two)and put them to share the same room together for T&T's game against bahrain in port-of-spain..#14 didn't check into the room,instead payed for and checked into a penthouse suite...so what i think this means and what i've seen happen thus far is that until those two settle their personal issues chances of them sharing the same field are slim to none....

Wasn't Cornell Glen left off the T&T squad long before the Bahrain games?

Yeh probably for dat same reason. He was however called for the baharian games.......if yuh doh believe me jus watch over de celebrations fuh tallest goal.....yuh go see a no 13 in a trainin bib. Before de Baharian game he and beenie did sit down and have a talk...............and he get call back in. Personally.............I dissapointed...........one.......de arrogance that apparently was exhibited by number 14........ah mean....is truth de man talkin. Den two.....de attempt to settle de beef by assigning dem de same room??? Wha kinda asshole strategy is dat??? De only way dem ting getting sort out is wit mediation......or one go hadda ride out. Look at Veron and Adriano......i eh go be suprised if one ah dem get transfer cuz dem ting detrimental to a team chemistry. If dat is de case..........dis kinda petty infightin is one of the things that weaking us as a team. Things like dis often happen cause to bring out yuh best as a player yuh hadda have confidence in you.....and dat often upgrades to arrogance. However cockiness does only be arrogance when yuh doh do wha yuh hadda do. I could imagine glenn on de bench and everytime stern throw away.........jus shaking he head.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 06:12:17 PM »
excuse my skepticism, I mean no disrespect, but I'd like to know where you get your info.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 06:23:04 PM by rocwell »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 06:14:31 PM »
Cornell should at least get a run but I feel Beenie leaving hime for the last minute. When injury has taken over our strikers

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2006, 06:16:03 PM »
excuse my skepticism, I mean no disrespect, but I'd like to why where you get your info.
#8 the man asking for your credentials... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006, 06:29:04 PM »
we need to try different things,and players.not sure y beenie not giving glen a run.why stern starting every game.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 07:39:08 PM »
if your ?tion was directed at me...me and glen are very good friends,share the same agent and i was there during the cussout after the gold cup game.

It was directed at Bourbon, but it's just as well.  Interesting to know.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2006, 08:20:29 PM »
Glen is the only T&T striker I had seen for a long time go at a defence. T&T vs USA Queens Park Oval. It was very refreshing to watch.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2006, 11:02:46 PM »
Fellas the coach holdin Glen as a surprise plain and simple.....Beenie done know what the other teams can do but they think they see all we wares but they haven't.  I'll bet anything that Latas , Glen and Sealy go make mass come Saturday.  BEENI HOLDIN HE CARDS...Plain and simple, there's no mystery there....he eh even run Latas.....Last game LaTAS PLAY HE RIP UP......The coach making these fellas hungry because they are the only true game changers we have....
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2006, 11:06:12 PM »
Fellas the coach holdin Glen as a surprise plain and simple.....Beenie done know what the other teams can do but they think they see all we wares but they haven't. I'll bet anything that Latas , Glen and Sealy go make mass come Saturday. BEENI HOLDIN HE CARDS...Plain and simple, there's no mystery there....he eh even run Latas.....Last game LaTAS PLAY HE RIP UP......The coach making these fellas hungry because they are the only true game changers we have....

Hope so......

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2006, 01:45:24 AM »
Fellas the coach holdin Glen as a surprise plain and simple.....Beenie done know what the other teams can do but they think they see all we wares but they haven't.  I'll bet anything that Latas , Glen and Sealy go make mass come Saturday.  BEENI HOLDIN HE CARDS...Plain and simple, there's no mystery there....he eh even run Latas.....Last game LaTAS PLAY HE RIP UP......The coach making these fellas hungry because they are the only true game changers we have....

preacher sealy travelling with de cultural section from Trinidad ah wha?? that's the only how he making any kinda mass come saturday. unless is mls yuh talking bout or your real name is Jack Warner a.k.a preacher  ;D

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2006, 05:33:04 AM »

HMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!! So since getting the ball is de midfield and de defense wuk.....and your wuk is to score goals...........wha should happen when yuh eh doin dat???

i go tell yuh ...FIRE HIS ARSE ... what de hell you telling me is dat he acknowledge his lack of work rate and still getting sweat ... a chance of doing something great for your country and yuh acting like a f**kin baby .... i really hope that the above is shit talk yes ... not sharing a room with yuh team mate ... he friggin fritten taht he place go get take and instead of proving that he cud play using this as ammunition tuh block the person who is clearly a better striker ... whey alll de Stern supporters .... leh meh hear allyuh ...
Snake in de balliser

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2006, 07:33:37 AM »
Glen started to train?

To go from a hamstring strain, to 100% full speed in 3 weeks
is virtually unheard of, unless you want to risk tearing the hamstring.

I am going to guess we won't see Glen in the 18 for any of the
3 games over the next 2 1/2 weeks.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2006, 07:35:01 AM »

i go tell yuh ...FIRE HIS ARSE ... what de hell you telling me is dat he acknowledge his lack of work rate and still getting sweat ... a chance of doing something great for your country and yuh acting like a f**kin baby .... i really hope that the above is shit talk yes ... not sharing a room with yuh team mate ... he friggin fritten taht he place go get take and instead of proving that he cud play using this as ammunition tuh block the person who is clearly a better striker ... whey alll de Stern supporters .... leh meh hear allyuh ...

That's why when he said in a interview that men like zamora etc should not get to play because they never liked T&T,that part might be right but there's an underlying reason,he knew if that had happen his job would be in jeopardy.

Now is he a great striker I would say no,is he a good striker I would say yes,has he shown that he can light it up in concacaf,I would say somewhat,has he proven in international friendlies against tougher opposition that he can light it up noooooooooooooooo,so the question is do you keep playing him.

The only striker that has shown he could play alone upfront is samuel eto,if yuh look at him he brings pace,poise,deaf control,and solid skills with an ability become a poacher as well and while stern clearly is not in his league I venture to say that cornell glenn shows similarities of that type of game and in time could become a prolific international striker.

My choice to start vs sweden upfront cornell glenn ,scott sealy and stern john            

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2006, 07:54:09 AM »

That's why when he said in a interview that men like zamora etc should not get to play because they never liked T&T,that part might be right but there's an underlying reason,he knew if that had happen his job would be in jeopardy.

Now is he a great striker I would say no,is he a good striker I would say yes,has he shown that he can light it up in concacaf,I would say somewhat,has he proven in international friendlies against tougher opposition that he can light it up noooooooooooooooo,so the question is do you keep playing him.

The only striker that has shown he could play alone upfront is samuel eto,if yuh look at him he brings pace,poise,deaf control,and solid skills with an ability become a poacher as well and while stern clearly is not in his league I venture to say that cornell glenn shows similarities of that type of game and in time could become a prolific international striker.

My choice to start vs sweden upfront cornell glenn ,scott sealy and stern john         

did i miss sumting buh las time i check sealy wasnt on de squad

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2006, 08:25:53 AM »
#8 thank you for the insider information....however, ah in 2-minds with that info.....sometimes it does be good to know what is the internal team social atmosphere....and I see what you say about Stern. If it si true and I can only take you at your word....that that is unfortunate....

The downside of revealing information like that espeically at this time...is not in the best interest of the team..I am not saying we don't apprecaite the info.
Warrior For Life !!

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2006, 09:18:10 AM »
Eh Trinbago I hearu , but I appreciate wah #8 do. Cause I am sure not the only person that is absolutely baffled at the poor work rate for #14.
Trinidad and Tobago is the kind of team that needs ALL 11 players palying as one (Total Football). One of the cntre pieces of total football is DEFENCE. Trinidad and Tonago have no depth at all for anyone member to think theyabove everyone. I does get real vex to see men 3 metres away and a man making a slow jog or walking to the man , obviously u not TRYING to get the ball. #14 is the best Ball escorter on the field.
So if all he concerned with is striking as he obviously believes is his ONLY job, he shoulda score the facking goal against the Czechs...............CAUSE I know Trinidad nad Tobago only gonna get liek 1-5 chances of scoring, so you have to bury them all.

I find a team like us should go more win a team Unity mantra..........#14 eh no star in my book, so he should not feel he is a auto starter........I always taught #14 would be detremental than beneficialto the TEAM . The man feel it have a imgainery line that he cah cross................I doh know whay the man doh like to tackle

Eh WE need the WArrior spirit in all 23 players to make any impact .............Also evert pic u see wid #14, he does only be around Yorke and Latas ??? like a real bullah................I just venting cause I eh get my birtday wisgh !

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2006, 09:24:14 AM »
Eh Trinbago I hearu , but I appreciate wah #8 do. Cause I am sure not the only person that is absolutely baffled at the poor work rate for #14.
Trinidad and Tobago is the kind of team that needs ALL 11 players palying as one (Total Football). One of the cntre pieces of total football is DEFENCE. Trinidad and Tonago have no depth at all for anyone member to think theyabove everyone. I does get real vex to see men 3 metres away and a man making a slow jog or walking to the man , obviously u not TRYING to get the ball. #14 is the best Ball escorter on the field.
So if all he concerned with is striking as he obviously believes is his ONLY job, he shoulda score the facking goal against the Czechs...............CAUSE I know Trinidad nad Tobago only gonna get liek 1-5 chances of scoring, so you have to bury them all.

I find a team like us should go more win a team Unity mantra..........#14 eh no star in my book, so he should not feel he is a auto starter........I always taught #14 would be detremental than beneficialto the TEAM . The man feel it have a imgainery line that he cah cross................I doh know whay the man doh like to tackle

Eh WE need the WArrior spirit in all 23 players to make any impact .............Also evert pic u see wid #14, he does only be around Yorke and Latas ??? like a real bullah................I just venting cause I eh get my birtday wisgh !

Vent pardna vent ... team unity is the only way to go ...reguardless of how much goal #14 score ... an ah know ppl go be talkin tata bout he being the only scorer on de team ... take a bench an get his attitude in order
Snake in de balliser

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2006, 09:31:08 AM »
yorke or somebody should put these 2 men 2 siddong and hsah it out

any one could see dat 14 has a big boy attitude but #8 tell glenn score for my sake and d countries

#14 doh like to be pushed so tell yuh boy score meh boy go score and dey go try to out don oneanother might not be good for their argument

but anyside dat get 4 goals cuz a dat quarerell sure to be eatin bullet
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>