April 28, 2024, 08:31:08 PM

Author Topic: Beenie now de coach of Poland  (Read 9154 times)

Offline soccerholic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Beenie now de coach of Poland
« on: July 11, 2006, 09:10:37 AM »
ah just read yahoo sports- soccer section, dey say bennie goin an coach Poland. de man sellin we out dread! >:(

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenie now de coach of Poland
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 09:13:13 AM »
link????
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 09:13:34 AM »
Post the article please.   >:(

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 09:15:22 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-polandcoach&prov=reuters&type=lgns

World-Poland pick Beenhakker to be national coach-sources
World-Poland pick Beenhakker to be national coach-sources

WARSAW, July 11 (Reuters) - Poland's football association (PZPN) on Tuesday picked Leo Beenhakker to replace national coach Pawel Janas, sources at PZPN told Reuters.

Beenhakker, who has coached the Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Real Madrid and Ajax Amsterdam, led Trinidad & Tobago to the World Cup finals for the first time in Germany.

The Dutchman would be the first non-Pole to coach Poland's national team. Janas led a disappointing World Cup campaign and resigned after their first round exit.

"They should confirm his name this evening, although I do not know if he has accepted," one source said.

A second source confirmed PZPN wanted to name Beenhakker as the new coach. The association's spokesman was unavailable for comment.

Updated on Tuesday, Jul 11, 2006 10:09 am EDT

Offline soccerholic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 09:15:47 AM »
Beenhakker takes over as Polish coach: report
Beenhakker takes over as Polish coach: report

AFP
July 11, 2006
WARSAW (AFP) - Leo Beenhakker, the Dutchman who led tiny Trinidad and Tobago into the World Cup finals, has been named the new coach of Poland, private news television station TVN24 has reported.

Beenhakker, 63, replaces Pawel Janas, who TVN24 said has quit after the Polish team's poor showing in the just-ended World Cup in Germany.

According to TVN24, Dariusz Dziekanowski, a former national squad striker, will be Beenhakker's assistant.

Last week, the head of the Polish football federation Michal Listkiewicz said Beenhakker was very close to being named coach of the white and red's national side.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 09:16:40 AM »
If it is true I am not shock he sid he sending Nakhid pardner for the next 2 yrs and he coming back for the qualifiers. He certainly will be with us much longer that the last campaign and look what he did.

Let him lime with the Poles 4 the 2 yrs lets see what he does with them.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 09:17:03 AM »
BUT

they do not know if he has accepted

if he has, well good luck Beenie, God bless and thanks for all that you di to our team

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 09:17:07 AM »
Edited..was already posted below by TT.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 09:19:05 AM by Jumbie »

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 09:20:00 AM »
good luck beenie but ill believe it when they confirm it
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 09:24:15 AM »
it's basically the same as the article in the link below...

http://go.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldFootballNews&storyID=12759293&section=news&src=rss/uk/worldFootballNews

they just confirm that outta dey choices they want he...

like us they have made an offer....and they don't know if he has accepted...but anyways he in Trini fuh d week...he say we getting ah answer by Friday...

we must all wait and see..........
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Manty

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 09:25:47 AM »
Don Leo .. will not confirm it until he has picked up his cheque and his medal..

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 09:30:19 AM »
Well all beenie will tell Jack now is to make me an offer I can't refuse....

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 09:38:29 AM »
we will know soon enough

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 09:48:10 AM »
ah just read yahoo sports- soccer section, dey say bennie goin an coach Poland. de man sellin we out dread! >:(

how he sellin we out?

de man get de wukk...he DO de wukk..de wukk done

de Man never give no commitment about afterward he stayin for sure
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 09:49:37 AM »
WIM IS OUR NEW COACH!

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 10:03:55 AM »
 :'( well i can say he did alot for us......even got us to the promised land. good luck beenie. i hope we could get another quality coach like himself.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 10:22:56 AM »
don leo eh accept yet. i wouldn't be surprised if he did because:

1. poland much closer to his family in holland than trinidad.
2. with an economy on the comeup since they is part of the EU, poland could probably offer him more than us.

we better start thinking about local candidates again:

- bsc?
- gally?
- hannibal?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 10:23:56 AM »

The title of this thread is FALSE.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 10:26:58 AM »
They just said this same thing on TV6 mid day news a couple mins ago.. Don Leo is Poland's coach
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 10:28:13 AM »
They just said this same thing on TV6 mid day news a couple mins ago.. Don Leo is Poland's coach

BRING BACK BSC!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 10:28:56 AM »
MODS, the thread title have to be changed. You know how many heart attacks will be had reading that? beenie supposed to be in tnt today so it cant be true yet, or at least i can only hope so  :'( :'( :'(
If true, then hopefully whim stays, or even bring back de jong from the earlier quals.
Hart for president

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 10:38:17 AM »
I will not be surprised if Beenhakker accepts another coaching job. What most of us don't realise is that many of these coaches are football mercenaries. They are loyal to none.

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 10:39:21 AM »
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 10:41:49 AM »
Fellas read the article properly please. Poland just named him as their number one canidate not their head coach. They could do that to deflect criticism from the press over their bad performance in the WC. They don't even know if they could afford the man yet. For all I care they could name him their number one piper.

The man will be in T&T tonight or tommorow to go into final discussions about the head coaching job. He is staying the week in T&T.

What ticks me is the blasted waggonist who now jumping off the ship and calling Don Leo a sell out.
Leo was never here to visit Las Cuevas or eat a roti and drink a red solo. The man was here to take T&T to the World Cup and he did that.  Anybody expecting him to wrap himself in the national flag and play Minshall this year is sadly mistaken.

Look at the all the coaches right after the World Cup. Very few renew there contrracts with there federation. Leo could easily be one of them.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 10:43:05 AM »
very sad day for tnt football if true. Hopefully one of his assistants can stay behind to coach us.
Hart for president

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 10:56:37 AM »
I just heard it on the local news he starting his new job in August and our new head coach is Wim

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 12:10:04 PM »
Just like ah thought. Beenie use we and move. De man just wanted to make sure we didn't lose 8-0 and create another contract with a big nation for himself. Granted he did better than people expected with de team, de man never even contemplated de second round. All people saying is Trinis have heart and play defence like dey never seen before. Not once ah hear ah foreigner say " these boys from joe public and jabloteh could really bounce dat ball around ". So he set up himself well, claim he coming back and set up he boy for a head coach wuk, and leave all de trinis who themselves belive we cyah play ball but we could defend, to jump up about a point in de world cup without even 1 bloodclat goal. Slavery really never done yes. What next people? what next?
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 12:12:16 PM »
Just like ah thought. Beenie use we and move. De man just wanted to make sure we didn't lose 8-0 and create another contract with a big nation for himself. Granted he did better than people expected with de team, de man never even contemplated de second round. All people saying is Trinis have heart and play defence like dey never seen before. Not once ah hear ah foreigner say " these boys from joe public and jabloteh could really bounce dat ball around ". So he set up himself well, claim he coming back and set up he boy for a head coach wuk, and leave all de trinis who themselves belive we cyah play ball but we could defend, to jump up about a point in de world cup without even 1 bloodclat goal. Slavery really never done yes. What next people? what next?

So you really think all the players on the team would be ok with him "holding us down" for his benefit?
How it is he is able to motivate them if they don't have faith in him?  He must be a master magician to pull the wool over their eyes yes.

All these conspiracy theories...I guess it makes life exciting.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2006, 12:19:37 PM »

this is fantastic rubbish..yuh sounding like gally. i guess yuh gripe is that the team did not play attacking football and their approach was too defensive.
U really think we could have played attacking football against England and Sweden and not get a blowout.  Teams with better attacking players got exposed when they faced big teams.
The most notbale example is Spain vs France.  Even Brazil depended on the counter attack..u wanted kaisoca soccer?..whatever de hell that is.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2006, 12:28:15 PM »
this is fantastic rubbish..yuh sounding like gally. i guess yuh gripe is that the team did not play attacking football and their approach was too defensive.
U really think we could have played attacking football against England and Sweden and not get a blowout.  Teams with better attacking players got exposed when they faced big teams.
The most notbale example is Spain vs France.  Even Brazil depended on the counter attack..u wanted kaisoca soccer?..whatever de hell that is.

aye thanks... ah was searching for de words to describe that....

These men and dem doh understand that Concacaf ball ent World Class ball...
Them feel we could go just so and play ah small goal brand in de World Cup.... steups.... de pace dese games does be playing eh...

Anybody criticizing we performance in de World Cup was not following the team 2 years ago!!

Lemme jus add that I personally woulda play Latapy earliier against Paraguay... hell I mighta even play him against England... Maybe Beenie make ah mistake.... but he only human and de most I ever coach is ah fantasy side from de comfort of meh keyboard...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>