April 28, 2024, 09:59:35 AM

Author Topic: Trinidad and Tobago changes confederations  (Read 10338 times)

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad and Tobago changes confederations
« on: July 12, 2006, 05:17:34 PM »
In anouncing that Leo Beenhakker has left to coach Poland yesterday, the fine folks at Fox Sports Canada stated that:"Leo had coached Real Madrid, Holland , the last being Trinidad and Tobago ...THE AFRICAN NATION looked impressive in the World Cup..."

Not only has T&T moved out of Jamaica but moved over into the a whole new continent and confederation all together.

Thanks Fox Sports
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad and Tobago changes confederations
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 05:21:58 PM »
lmao......these ppl is just to much......do thye pay these ppl
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 05:23:43 PM »
geez !!!!!!!!!  ::)
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 05:26:06 PM »
Just laugh at their ignorance man.
Doh get riled up.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 05:26:35 PM »
Nah, dat one hard to believe but ah believe it.

Blessings.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 06:16:17 PM »
Fazeer Mohammed, Andre Baptiste and Anil Roberts could get a job at FOX. the level of stupidity is at an all time high.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 06:38:02 PM »
Nah boy Mr. Baptiste is the King of stupidity.

Offline cascabel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad and Tobago changes confederations
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 06:40:42 PM »
Geography is not a strong suit for many people, regardless of their job.   I once spoke with a high-ranking banking officer in Wall Street, New York who, when I said I was calling from the Cayman Islands, got all enthusiastic and asked me how was the weather in South America.   Helloo???

:o

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 07:55:43 PM »
Dont get mad at the ignorance. lol. Look at that statement as being half right!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 08:28:42 PM »
Geography was not my strong point either that is why I dropped after Form 3. There is no reason why a journalist should be talking such crap. It is worst because the whole world now how much of an idiot he is.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 08:48:20 PM »
In anouncing that Leo Beenhakker has left to coach Poland yesterday, the fine folks at Fox Sports Canada stated that:"Leo had coached Real Madrid, Holland , the last being Trinidad and Tobago ...THE AFRICAN NATION looked impressive in the World Cup..."

Not only has T&T moved out of Jamaica but moved over into the a whole new continent and confederation all together.

Thanks Fox Sports

It must be all dat talk bout TnT playing Ghana dat confuse their little minds.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 09:19:40 PM »
Maybe he was speaking in reference to the racial compositon of the players on the field. If not then he must really think Trinidad is physically in the mother land!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 09:24:03 PM »
Maybe he was speaking in reference to the racial compositon of the players on the field. If not then he must really think Trinidad is physically in the mother land!

I doh tink so..as all sports media outlets dont refer to teams by racial composition....but by region

its a simple case of ignorant reporter/no research...not uncommon
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 10:00:43 AM »

Thanks Fox Sports

Doh study it...he mix us up with Togo...when mih aunt was studying over here all her mail to mih grand parents used to end up there...

you know nah, Tobago/Togo, same damn thing  ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 10:09:27 AM »
I cah believe some of allyuh making excuse for that slip of the Tongue

I at least glad to hear we move out of Jamaica  :rotfl:, but on the real.....When u have a job that in broadcasting it makes alot of sense to be KNOWLEDGEABLE ...........I tired hear commentators misprounounc we name put we in different parts of the world. Nowadays everybody have a computer.......just google it  ;D

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 10:19:38 AM »
yuh hadda read between de lines

what Fox Sports was really saying is dat cause we making it tuh SA 2010, we should consider weself ah African team cause we dere already :D

Ah going SA 2010 tuh support meh boys

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 10:26:32 AM »
Wait what allyuh trinidad not in africa????? you mean I've been deluding myself all my life...aren't we right next to Togo

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 12:05:09 PM »
yeah heard dat crap and just sighed they have been talking sh*t since the world cup start.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 12:12:38 PM »
Watch meh people..doh take it personally...Dem Brits and Americans jus dam stupid dats all....U never watch Jay Leno when dey interviewing people on d street..Dem assholes does cyah even name dey own President or Capital......Dats not ignorance..is jus plain stupidity  :beermug: :beermug:

Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 12:19:45 PM »
Whe we in Germany someone ask the guy in the group if he was Togo. I guess it was a fox commentator.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 12:26:50 PM »
Watch meh people..doh take it personally...Dem Brits and Americans jus dam stupid dats all....U never watch Jay Leno when dey interviewing people on d street..Dem assholes does cyah even name dey own President or Capital......Dats not ignorance..is jus plain stupidity  :beermug: :beermug:

To classify the Brits on the same level as the Americans, is a lil unfair to them.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 12:35:41 PM »
Americans generally know nothing outside of the US...
I saw an interview with Rosie O donnel and she said she never heard of a country called Argentina.... Ah mean ah could understand if it is some obscure country but o gorm..
Most of the Americans I meet outside of where I work, have never been outside the US... A big holiday is to go Florida... They have little or no interest in what is happening outside the United states.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 12:54:59 PM »
I saw an interview with Rosie O donnel and she said she never heard of a country called Argentina.... Ah mean ah could understand if it is some obscure country but o gorm..
Most of the Americans I meet outside of where I work, have never been outside the US... A big holiday is to go Florida... They have little or no interest in what is happening outside the United states.

U see what a talkin bout...........stupideeees  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 02:12:48 PM »
yuh hadda read between de lines

what Fox Sports was really saying is dat cause we making it tuh SA 2010, we should consider weself ah African team cause we dere already :D

Ah going SA 2010 tuh support meh boys
For all de man who aint go Germany (like me) we go have to deal wid this ting seriously this time around for 2010 its not too early, trust meh. It have things we could start dealing with from now....... Save 10 a week if  yuh have too, tell yuh boss 4 years in advance for sick leave, From bout 2009 yuh could start fren-ing up de wife or husband so dat aint go be no problem, Start to practice lil African words and finally de SW massive go have to conduct some bake sale and car wash to pay for man like WF, RF and some a dem Bahrain man and dem to go wid we just in case Canada, Jamaica and Barhain doh make it again. Its only 3.5  coming out. Trinidad, Mexico, Cuba and half fuh America.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2006, 03:03:59 PM »
Probably a Freudian slip. Our team is made up primarily of black players and he made a mistake. It was stupid, but not unheard of. Plus, sonds like it was read by an anchorman, not a reporter...so he was likely reading off a teleprompter. His writer is the most likely candidate for that idotic mistake, but most anchors usually check the integrity of stories and/or can apologize and rectify errors on air when they notice one...

what's that now..strike 22?

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2006, 03:45:40 PM »
When you move to the US and have to deal with ignorant questions like, "do Trinidadians live in trees?" you learn to ignore them. Just correct them and move on. It's not worth the time or energy to argue.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2006, 03:49:26 PM »
Well i know we not alone...When angola qualify a man ask if that is not the little country squeeze between France and Spain...  ;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 04:08:24 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2006, 03:49:59 PM »
When you move to the US and have to deal with ignorant questions like, "do Trinidadians live in trees?" you learn to ignore them. Just correct them and move on. It's not worth the time or energy to argue.

whoa I from Santa Cruz boy....wha yuh tryin' tuh say bout livin' in trees ? Something wrong wid dat or ?  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2006, 05:39:30 PM »

When I told them I was from trinidad,they ask me is it true you guys use donkeys as your mode of transportation:my reply was "yes and also vines"

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2006, 09:47:27 PM »
You know there are many people in the so called developed coutries who do not even know that Trinidad and Tobago exists and to make matters worst even they know of our existence, they think we are still natives living in trees.

>:( >:( >:(

1]; } ?>