Poll

Is Zidane to blame for France's loss?

Yes
22 (24.4%)
No
68 (75.6%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: July 11, 2006, 03:06:20 PM

Author Topic: Zidane  (Read 42936 times)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Re: It is being reported that Materazzi told Zidane
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2006, 11:42:12 PM »
all of you better watch out before I give you a Zizou :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

but as I have posted, if it was a racist statement, de man should have gotten more.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2006, 11:53:28 PM »
It was also on Brazilian TV as well. I applaud Zidane in everything he did.

And no he didn't cause France to lose. Penalty kicks are a crappy way to decide games. They should go into sudden death instead and keep playing 15 minute periods. Every period you are allowed 3-5 subs, or something like that. Hell let the bench play out the match, anything except those crappy penaltys.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2006, 12:02:19 AM »
I am ashamed of all of allyuh. Everybody talkin bout de cuss but what about that butt?  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Boy that was a hell of a butt. I play it back bout 5 times and get real jones. Zidane and that butt will go down in history for me. My WC experience was complete after dat.  Maturazzi or wha ever he name is go possibly not tell ah guy dem same words no more because yes he did get de player carded but he also get a good butt in his  ass.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  What a butt!! somebody got to get it on youtube....
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2006, 12:08:13 AM »
It already on youtube.  Ray Apollon award for sure.  Ah real coconut.  Zizou go wake up with whiplash. I fine he get foul plenty today and de ref did not blow de whistle.  Dis probably built up some of the frustration.  But anybody who say Italy was de better team before penalties have to be ah big time piper.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 12:12:34 AM by Savannah boy »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2006, 12:39:38 AM »
I am ashamed of all of allyuh. Everybody talkin bout de cuss but what about that butt?  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Boy that was a hell of a butt. I play it back bout 5 times and get real jones. Zidane and that butt will go down in history for me. My WC experience was complete after dat.  Maturazzi or wha ever he name is go possibly not tell ah guy dem same words no more because yes he did get de player carded but he also get a good butt in his  ass.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  What a butt!! somebody got to get it on youtube....

Ah doh agree, if yuh going tuh give ah maqn ah coconut yuh have tuh aim fuh he nose an take him out.   :devil: :devil:
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2006, 01:25:58 AM »
is zidane muslim?? cause if he is.lol dem dont take kidnly to ppl dissing thier female relatives especially if its sexual..lol i eh saying head butting was right....but dred he woulda work for somehting from me during the game...one kick in he mudda c**t..oops i did it also..lol
well he is from a muslim country... Algeria... He should have f**kin behaved himself... I dont care... I have been told all kinda shit in football camps in Trinidad... fellahz say meh mudda is a white piece ah shit... buh I jes keep my head down and if I wanna take out my frustration Ill do it by scoring... thats how yuh turn yuh enemies into your admiries...

what he did was stupid and it will bring shame to his mother much more so than any racial slur would have...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Why Zidane snapped!
« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2006, 01:32:28 AM »
So who go win de first 'Augi' of 2006?

Gally Cummings or Augi?

Ah tink we could make ah gold version of dis and present it to de winner

de runner up will have to eat some raw shadoe benny leaves

nice... I say we prepare for a tie.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2006, 03:05:50 AM »
Eh Zizou ..I eh care whatever you do good by me  ;D.

One lil millisecond of madness and people coming out to lynch the WIZARD  >:(.........Hull allyuh tail.......Zizou I understand you boy.........as a veteran he say shit this lil flicking Matefazzi come wid this shit......BLAP take butt

Yeah all yuh go say he let down the team , but shit that ........the man HUMAN

Zizou just gimme the call and I go send out the memo ...... ;D

Good game for Italia they sink they penalties, France still had they chance even after the Bald WIZARD get send off , so you cah blame Zizou......I knowmen go say mentally he throw them off but they could a pull through .......then victory woulda be SWEETER  ;D

I love Zidane just as much as you do,but all this melodrama could've turned into something way more serious,like he could ah stop the man heart or breathing, possibly killing him,then all ah we who love zidane so much would've been singing ah different tune.

That actually is assault in my book subject to criminal charges,it's amazing how people could embrace those actions as heroics without even considering the end result..............     

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2006, 03:13:33 AM »

One lil millisecond of madness and people coming out to lynch the WIZARD  >:(.........Hull allyuh tail.......Zizou I understand you boy.........as a veteran he say shit this lil flicking Matefazzi come wid this shit......BLAP take butt

Good game for Italia they sink they penalties, France still had they chance even after the Bald WIZARD get send off , so you cah blame Zizou......I knowmen go say mentally he throw them off but they could a pull through .......then victory woulda be SWEETER  ;D

I love Zidane just as much as you do,but all this melodrama could've turned into something way more serious,like he could ah stop the man heart or breathing, possibly killing him,then all ah we who love zidane so much would've been singing ah different tune.

That actually is assault in my book subject to criminal charges,it's amazing how people could embrace those actions as heroics without even considering the end result..............     

it was assault, but lets face it, it was a bit of a "I don;t want to hurt myself by butting him in the face" type head butt wasn't it. Looked a bit ;D girly to me

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2006, 03:33:56 AM »

it was assault, but lets face it, it was a bit of a "I don;t want to hurt myself by butting him in the face" type head butt wasn't it. Looked a bit ;D girly to me

Yes, a real man woulda stamp materazzi in de balls after he throw him down right?  ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2006, 04:02:30 AM »

Yes, a real man woulda stamp materazzi in de balls after he throw him down right?  ::)

a real man would have walked up to him, told him he would see him after the game, then scored the winning goal.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2006, 04:07:37 AM »

a real man would have walked up to him, told him he would see him after the game, then scored the winning goal.

glad to see how objective you can be when England and Rooney aren't in the picture  ;)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zidane's red card was just, butt broke rules?
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2006, 04:18:27 AM »
Zidane's red card was just, butt broke rules?
Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:00 AM IST
By Mitch Phillips

BERLIN (Reuters) - The most memorable moment of the World Cup final, Zinedine Zidane's butt to the chest of Italian defender Marco Materazzi, was rightly punished by a red card even though the officials did not appear to see it happen.

The incident in the second period of extra time brought a premature end to the great midfielder's career and he can have no complaints about the justice of it.

He might, however, have cause to question its legality as it is against FIFA rules for TV pictures to be used as a basis for a refereeing decision.

Zidane had been an ever-increasing influence in the match, in which he opened the scoring with a penalty in the seventh minute and almost won with a wonderful header in the 104th only to be denied by Gianluigi Buffon.

Then, after a French attack broke down early in the second period Zidane trotted back from the Italian area exchanging comments with Materazzi.

Something the Italian said obviously hit a raw nerve as Zidane stopped, walked back towards him and landed a fierce butt on his chest.

VOCIFEROUS BUFFON

Materazzi collapsed, Zidane continued on his way and the game continued. It had not gone completely unseen, however as several Italian players, with Buffon the most vociferous, approached the nearest linesman demanding action.

Replays were shown on the hundreds of televisions in the media seats, raising an audible gasp.

As the mayhem continued on the pitch Argentine referee Horacio Elizondo consulted his linesmen and, so it was later discovered, the fourth and fifth officials, who have access to TV but may have seen the incident live.

The result was the red card and Zidane, who was also sent off for stamping during the 1998 World Cup, walked away from football for ever.

Both coaches confirmed that the decision had been taken by the off-pitch officials, both Spaniards, but each coach took a different view on what that meant.

"It was not Materazzi who got the attention of the referee, it was the fourth and fifth officials who pointed out what happened," said Italy's Marcello Lippi.

"The French spectators didn't know what happened, they'll know when they read the newspapers tomorrow."

France's Raymond Domenech said: "The referee saw nothing, the assistant referee saw nothing and then we have the fourth official saying to the referee what happened.

"We have video in football and then the fourth official tips off the referee."

France striker Thierry Henry said: "If they want to use video evidence it's not for one incident, they should use it for everybody and they should look at Materazzi too."

Nobody in the French camp was saying what passed between the two players but David Trezeguet said: "Zidane can leave here with his head held high. There is more than football in life."

Materazzi refused to talk about the incident

allyuh see that? that just tells yuh something. everyone should be looking at materazzi not zidane.

Typical trini. Ah man keep quiet, something have to be wrong with him.

For all you know the man refuse to take the phone call because he been receiving death threats...or worse yet, he gasping for breath all now

I won't get involve in the 'tarnished reputation' stupidness but I like how it have 2 sets of rules for 2 sets of people. If was a Italian, a Portuguese or an Argentine do that headbutt, nobody woulda even stop to ask what the other man say...let alone condone it...

For those who does be debating whether stuff like this merit a red (or a yellow and a stern warning), they should realise that a red card function is not only to punish a man for doing shit on the field, is also to protect him from reprisals later on and keep the game decent. The best example was Bouhlarouz taking pieces out of Ronaldo leg in the Portugal-Holland match. That man stay on and look how that game degenerate. What you think woulda happen if Zidane had headbutt that man so and then the game continue normal normal? I bet you somebody leg woulda break or a brawl woulda start before the match done...

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zidane
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2006, 04:31:31 AM »
I have not read all the posts on this issue but this my take on this

Fifa should investigate this because if it is that the Italian made some racists comment to Z Z,then its all hypocritical on Fifa and my reasoning is simple,during the knockout stages of this world cup,the captains of teams playing were all reading out a message about ridding the beautiful game of racism and for the world champions to be flying under the radar on this sucks

Should it prove that it was a case of some racial insult,I will blame Z Z for caving in the man chest,yes he got a red card but I am sure the next time that such an idea came to that Italian`s mind he would remember with agony the pain he felt the previous time such ugliness came past his lips

I still think what he did was wrong but I am not Z Z,I was not in the soup,just looking on

So its up to Fifa to clear this up

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2006, 05:49:16 AM »
I never had a problem with France I just never supported their style of football. After hearing what Henry said he just confirmed once and for all that I cannot support that country. That head butt was plain and simple the ugliest incedent of the entire World Cup. What could the Italian players have said or done to warrant that kind of retaliation from Zidane. That was madness. Like song says " A big man like you ......?"

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Can Zidane be chrage?
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2006, 06:12:52 AM »
Can Materazzi press for an assult charge against Zidane, this incident was a away from the ball and no matter what someone say, you can't take matters into your own hands. Let say Materrazi had gotten seriously hurt, then, would Zidane be charge, I see it happened in other sports, where players got hurt intentionally away from the play and charges were laid by the player who got hurt.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Can Zidane be chrage?
« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2006, 06:18:21 AM »
Well if he press charges against Zizou........he would have to say what he told the wizard and I have a feeling that aint gonna happen.

Zizou youhave been the most influential player for another world cup........I don`t think he should be judged on the head butt alone.........apart from that he is still a genius  ;D

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2006, 06:20:42 AM »
I am really shocked to see some comments supporting that DISGRACEFUL display by Zidane. SHAME!!! SHAME!!! SHAME!!!  that butt could have actually killed - cracked the sternum or some ribs or something...
I don't care what was said- there's NO excuse!!!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Can Zidane be chrage?
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2006, 06:35:16 AM »
If de eyetie an Zizou expose what transpired, it might have plenty more head butt an gunshot to come.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2006, 06:48:09 AM »
I still not understanding how men still trying to defend Zizou's actions....there's nothing Materazzi could have said that would make it all better.....players of all calibres hear dat shit and I am positive Zidane has heard those kinda insults before....especially playing in Italy and Spain for so long....the man simply had a moment of madness....he's human.....doh try to justify de man actions though......

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: Why Zidane snapped!
« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2006, 06:50:33 AM »
I hope Matarazzi dies. Seriously.

I nominate this post for most a$$hole post of the year..nah..that award to small...most a$$hole post ever on de forum...nah that honour too small..from now on when somebody post real rubbish we will call it an "Augi" and also name the most retarded post of year in ur honour (The Augi..Oscars and Grammy want nutten with u).

Yes, because a racist, maco asshole should always be tolerated.

Dude insulted Zizou about his mother and sister (sexually and racially). Zidane should have aimed a little more to the right over Matarazzi's heart.

So you were on de field to know exactly what was said? 
Yes yuh dumb c**t. It was caught on Brazilian television. I saw the transcript on television. Check bigsoccer.com

Damn fool Trinis. Allyuh always talking before finding out de facts.

In any case, I hope everyting Matarazzi said about Zidane's female relatives happens to his relatives tenfold. f**king c**thole need a scissors in he skull.

Augi ...

Where all dis venom and hostility coming from?  Wishing death on somebody suggest yuh have some tings to deal with boy.

But den again, yuh might have a point ..the next time somebody call me a racist name or I even tink dey being racist, ah go head butt dem.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2006, 06:59:22 AM »
I was not happy with the coconut that italian got but people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. If everyone on this forum tell me that in your entire adult life never had fit of rage when:

someone cut you off on the car.
bump into you without saying sorry
blow cigerette smoke in you face in a party
call you a bitch
for jamaican( suck you mother)
call you a batty man(fag, homo, gay etc)

Several of the above statement I had paid my respect to the person say it  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2006, 07:02:45 AM »
I was not happy with the coconut that italian got but people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. If everyone on this forum tell me that in your entire adult life never had fit of rage when:

call you a bitch

Several of the above statement I had paid my respect to the person say it  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

TTCOM........I hear u, I NOT  condoning the actions but we could understand............Right now I am feeling Tres Bleus...damn that was tough way to go
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 07:28:01 AM by RasIred »

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Kids in the future and Zidane
« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2006, 07:08:06 AM »
Down the road, if millions of kids who saw the game and if they did someting stupid like Zidane, would they be saying, hey Zidane, my idol did it so can I.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kids in the future and Zidane
« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2006, 07:12:15 AM »
Nah...children know right and wrong

Even if parents were cheering on zidane at home,,,they would know "ok pops like dat move,,,but coach wont"

I waitin to see who go collect de first zizou for kanaval 2007
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2006, 07:12:58 AM »

call you a bitch

breds i know men kicksing and ting...but it's not like he on a street corner by himself and someone tell him about he mudda and he butt de man.....

he was on a football field, with 10 odder men....they are part of a team......

de man is a professional, the captain of france, and moreso he in de flicking world cup final representing his Nation...there's many ways yuh could get back ah de man odder than butting him on television in front of millions of people and letting his nation down.....but as i said before, it had to be a moment of madness, cause that's not the Zidane we all know and love

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kids in the future and Zidane
« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2006, 07:13:04 AM »
I often wonder how a brain that espouse such ideas is wired???  So where are these kids parents and or guardians that should be their idols.  I have a kid that play and is not at all concerned about what he saw yesterday, because according to most he is being raised well.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2006, 07:18:40 AM »
Nah...children know right and wrong

Even if parents were cheering on zidane at home,,,they would know "ok pops like dat move,,,but coach wont"

I waitin to see who go collect de first zizou for kanaval 2007

Actually it may be a good lesson, He butt d man and got sent off, his team lost the match, and unfortunately his career ended on a very sour note.....

Do the crime and you do the time.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2006, 07:26:03 AM »
Zidane is still de boss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2006, 07:28:39 AM »
Zidane is still de boss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ent.....Everybody make mistakes. I am not saying what he did is correct but men do worst than that, Zidane just get catch.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

1]; } ?>