Poll

Is Zidane to blame for France's loss?

Yes
22 (24.4%)
No
68 (75.6%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: July 11, 2006, 03:06:20 PM

Author Topic: Zidane  (Read 42881 times)

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zidane
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2006, 05:10:25 PM »
racist Italian must have said something. Zizou doh do dem things. I bet him say something racist

I like how allyuh defending a headbutt and calling people racist without knowing exactly what happened -- all we see was the headbutt and that just disgusting wha Zidane do..when Henry and Eto get taunted in Spain they should go run into the stands and headbutt people nah?? or why Henry didnt go headbut Araganoes the spanish coach man?? he reall miss out dey ent??
all this is just assuming Materazzi said something racist

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2006, 05:13:34 PM »
regardless of what was said..Zidane was wrong, plain and simple..as for what was said, there will be rumors..I am sure Zidane and Materazzi will have different versions of what was said.

You know what I am not a french supporter or a big Zidane fan, but I was supporting France over Italy.....

WHEN I SAW THE FOUL I REALISE SOMETHING NASTY HAD TO BE SAID!!!

AND I LIKED HOW ZIDANE REACTED, FOR THAT I RESPECT HIM!!!!

SOMETIMES CERTAIN THINGS IN LIFE MUST BE PERSERVED, CHERISHED AND PROTECTED

WHEN ANOTHER TRAMPLES ON THOSE THINGS, INSTINCT SURFACES.....

SOME THINGS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN WINNING..... I SAW A MAN PROTECTING HIS IDEALS!

protecting his ideals?..so basically yuh saying it is right to resort to violence when offended.

instinct..after the lil tussle..Zidane ran past de man, stoped..turned around..faced him..they had an exchange of words then head butt..that doh look like instinct to me....so if yuh respect him for head butting ah man that is ur choice..i respect him for being a great footballer...i respect him for leading france to WC final at age 34.

You are correct that some things are more important than winning but that is not a good justification for his actions.

The only thing I sorry for is that he should have done it right..........

Butt de man in he face!!!!!!!!!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2006, 05:17:00 PM »
racist Italian must have said something. Zizou doh do dem things. I bet him say something racist

I like how allyuh defending a headbutt and calling people racist without knowing exactly what happened -- all we see was the headbutt and that just disgusting wha Zidane do..when Henry and Eto get taunted in Spain they should go run into the stands and headbutt people nah?? or why Henry didnt go headbut Araganoes the spanish coach man?? he reall miss out dey ent??
all this is just assuming Materazzi said something racist

Ent.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2006, 05:21:16 PM »
yall are just assuming. none of yall were there and actually know what happened. as a young person i have just lost respect for zidane. ppl always talking about how youths violent etc and this is the example that we gettin from the older heads. so allyuh stop tryin 2 defend d man and realise that he was WRONG. what ever happened to walking away. i'm sure if it was someone like rooney or cristiano ronaldo who did this it woulda be a next story. this is the worst i c 4 d whole world cup. SHAME ON YOU ZIDANE.
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2006, 05:22:28 PM »
regardless of what was said..Zidane was wrong, plain and simple..as for what was said, there will be rumors..I am sure Zidane and Materazzi will have different versions of what was said.

You know what I am not a french supporter or a big Zidane fan, but I was supporting France over Italy.....

WHEN I SAW THE FOUL I REALISE SOMETHING NASTY HAD TO BE SAID!!!

WHEN ANOTHER TRAMPLES ON THOSE THINGS, INSTINCT SURFACES.....

SOME THINGS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN WINNING..... I SAW A MAN PROTECTING HIS IDEALS!

protecting his ideals?..so basically yuh saying it is right to resort to violence when offended.

instinct..after the lil tussle..Zidane ran past de man, stoped..turned around..faced him..they had an exchange of words then head butt..that doh look like instinct to me....so if yuh respect him for head butting ah man that is ur choice..i respect him for being a great footballer...i respect him for leading france to WC final at age 34.

You are correct that some things are more important than winning but that is not a good justification for his actions.

The only thing I sorry for is that he should have done it right..........

Butt de man in he face!!!!!!!!!

marcus yuh eh easy...i hear yuh.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2006, 05:24:14 PM »
materazzi said"i f**ked your wife last night,bare back.

???

Didn't think Zidane understood that much Italian...or did Materazzi say this in French?

Either way...wey you hear dah from?

Not sure if that's what he said, but Toppa, Zidane played for years in Italy, so I'm sure he understands Italian quite well.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2006, 05:25:42 PM »
It ayways amazes me how people could stay so far from a situation, not have the facts and arrive at hard and fasr conclusions????  All of you all who know what he should have done ... do you know what you would have done, if it was you under the psycho;ogical and physical pressure that these guys endure???  I am not daying that he was right or wrong, but what i am saying is that we are all humans before we become, footballers , pastors, doctors etc., and do make mistakes from time to time.  If he did say something racist, them maybe, just maybe Zuidane did deal with it right ... because this is 2006 and racism has no place in our society.  And until you have been the victim of racial abuse, you are not entitled to decide what anyone should do in that circumstance.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2006, 05:36:59 PM »
I made it a point of not going out tonight, so i can't tell you too much about the mood of the french supporters, but the media seem to be playing down the whole thing. Neither Zidane nor Trezeguet are being treated as scapegoats.

That said, i sense that a lot are dissappointed by Zidane's action and he's somehow damaged his 'holier than thou' status...

I've actually heard very few calling to find out what materazzi said.

That said, this is just the Politically Correct side i have here...

i think on the arc de triomphe it was projected, zizou we love you and thank you les bleus
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2006, 05:41:00 PM »
No need to look far for a scape goat.

Blessings

No scape goat hunt here.   If Zidane took the penalty instead of Trezeguet, he would have scored.

I hate to hear that,how you know that for sure,you have a crystal ball under yuh bed,maybe you should say zidane chances of scoring from the penalty spot are greater than trezeguet.........

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2006, 05:41:44 PM »
It ayways amazes me how people could stay so far from a situation, not have the facts and arrive at hard and fasr conclusions????  All of you all who know what he should have done ... do you know what you would have done, if it was you under the psycho;ogical and physical pressure that these guys endure???  I am not daying that he was right or wrong, but what i am saying is that we are all humans before we become, footballers , pastors, doctors etc., and do make mistakes from time to time.  If he did say something racist, them maybe, just maybe Zuidane did deal with it right ... because this is 2006 and racism has no place in our society.  And until you have been the victim of racial abuse, you are not entitled to decide what anyone should do in that circumstance.

Well let we forget what Martin Luther King Jr say about racism and non-violence nah. Let we forget Gandhi and them other non-violent leaders against racism -- let we idolize Zidane instead nah -- headbutt all the way -- forget Luther King Jr and Gandhi (them men neverr face racism and know what it feel like nah)

All that is assuming is racism we talking bout. Allyuh just fraid to ZIDANE WAS WRONG!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2006, 05:46:04 PM »
It was a shocking to see. Couldn't believe he did it. It's one of those moments you want to rewind and erase if you could. It put a real damper on the final - that's for sure.
Don't know if it cost France the game, but it was wrong. The red card had to come out.

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2006, 05:48:30 PM »

Well let we forget what Martin Luther King Jr say about racism and non-violence nah. Let we forget Gandhi and them other non-violent leaders against racism -- let we idolize Zidane instead nah -- headbutt all the way -- forget Luther King Jr and Gandhi (them men neverr face racism and know what it feel like nah)

All that is assuming is racism we talking bout. Allyuh just fraid to ZIDANE WAS WRONG!

The reason we still having to deal with racism, is because of what Martin and them said.  Other leaders had better solutions ... we cannot judge Zidane to be wrong when we do not know what the facts are, let wait and hear first.  There were other leaders that had ideas that would have eliminated this thing already.  But again if you never had to deal with it first hand, then please you are not in a position to judge Zidane or anyone ... if it is racism he was dealing with??

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2006, 05:49:17 PM »
No it did not. 2 words come to mind Temporary Insanity
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2006, 05:50:49 PM »
materazzi said"i f**ked your wife last night,bare back.

He said figlio di putana (which is translated to mean son of a bitch) and then while Zidane was running off Materazzi told him about his mother. I am not saying Zidane is right for head butting Materazzi but those Italians are dirty, cheap, play-acting players and for that matter, should be treated for the type of players they are.

Look how he fly down on the ground quick quick when it happen. All that was not even necessary.

ps: - Toppa, Zidane played in Italy from 1996-2001 with Juventus. He speaks Italian very well. As for where I heard this from....this came across BBC breaking news as a rumor.

Kingman

Kingman for rumour control president...........Listen I ent hear what the italian may have said,but all in all the world surely saw what zidane did and that matters.

Kingman ah tell yuh what leh we meet on ah football field and ah go head butt yuh in the chest by surprise and yuh go see how quick quick quick you go hit the ground................Tell meh when yuh ready.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2006, 05:52:20 PM »
OK so I got this directly from the adidas rep attached to the FRENCH team.  Don't give me some time to think of how to get info.  I go find it out if I want to badly enough. 

So it went something like this, he says:

"Get off me"

"What is your problem?"

"I dont like men all over me like you just were"

"Oh please, all you arabs are fags anyhow"

POW!

I didn't really believe it until i matched it up to this, it kind of fits....but I will wait to see if he actually let's this out or makes something else up.  If it does, it better fit this video.  Something was being said which led to this.  Until then, I will believe it, because it is the kind of thing that a tired frustrated athlete might do, and as I said it matches the video.

The video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=NBV52GPhNjw&feature=Recent&page=6&t=t&f=b
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 05:54:34 PM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2006, 05:52:36 PM »
It is laughable that Materazzi can say anything that should provoke that sort of reaction from Zidane. The captain of team in the WC final, his last game ever, arguably the greatest player of our generation......nah, he should be able to brush off anything. He has too much experience to fall for that. Without the facts, we should not assume Materazzi said something racist. I know it seems impossible that Zidane would snap for an ordinary insult...

Out of curiosity, how could Materazzi upset Zidane with racist slurs? Zidane is of Algerian descent, but he is not Arab. He is white and has even gone on public to say he has never been treated diffrently except he was seen as a poor foreigner when he was growing up in marseille in 'La Cite'...but he was never been terated as anything but white. With all the black players on France's team, Zidane is the last I would expect to snap. But who knows...without the facts..all we know is Zidane really lost it

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2006, 05:54:06 PM »

yeah we all know it wrong..but i wanna no what he said..it might make me like zidane a bit more agian

I ent want you on my side boy,the minute ah man say something nasty to you is blows.............

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2006, 05:56:02 PM »
Well hmm..........it was disappointing to see Zizou exit on such a WRECKLESS challenge, even though he has done this sort of thing before, I do feel Materrazzi had to have told him something pretty INSULTING for him to act out as he did. I do not condone Zizous actions , but he is not a lunatic !! I do agree as the captain he should not have fell to the Materazzi BAIT, but I guess it just showed that he is HUMAN after all......

France should have buried their kicks , Italy was perfect and they won..... :beermug:

Zizou thanx 4 everything ....U still one a the best in my book.....Vive Zizou :beermug:

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2006, 05:57:05 PM »
OK so I got this direclty from the adidas rep attached to the FRENCH team.  Don't give me some time to think of how to get info.  LOL.

So it went something like this:

"Get off me"

"What is your problem?"

"I dont like men all over me like you just were"

"Oh please, all you arabs are fags anyhow"

POW!

I didn't really believe it until i matched it up to this, it kind of fits....but I will wait to see if he actually let's this out or makes something else up.  If it does, it better fit this video.  Something was being said which led to this.  Until then, I will believe it, because it is the kind of thing that a tired frustrated athlete might do, and as I said it matches the video.

The video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=NBV52GPhNjw&feature=Recent&page=6&t=t&f=b

I could undertsand Zidane losing his cool about the Arab slur but I still think he wrong for de head butt but as NC say, being in the situation and watching it on TV is 2 different ting...no one could be 100% sure of how they will act if they were in Zidane's position.  I 95% sure i wouldn't head butt Materazzi but sometimes that 5% could take over.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2006, 05:58:44 PM »
If your parents are from Algeria, aren't u Algerian in some way?  He says he is a non practising Muslim
BORN TO DO IT

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2006, 06:00:18 PM »

If indeed something nasty and disrespectful was said, then I feel you Marcus. I eh mad at Zidane for doing what he did.

It was wrong, yes, but sometimes... yuh have to do what yuh have to do.

I've been spat on before, on the football field, and at that moment, forgot everything else. Dat wasn't going down without a forceful response, red card or not.

Toujour Pret!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2006, 06:07:39 PM »
It is laughable that Materazzi can say anything that should provoke that sort of reaction from Zidane. The captain of team in the WC final, his last game ever, arguably the greatest player of our generation......nah, he should be able to brush off anything. He has too much experience to fall for that. Without the facts, we should not assume Materazzi said something racist. I know it seems impossible that Zidane would snap for an ordinary insult...

Out of curiosity, how could Materazzi upset Zidane with racist slurs? Zidane is of Algerian descent, but he is not Arab. He is white and has even gone on public to say he has never been treated diffrently except he was seen as a poor foreigner when he was growing up in marseille in 'La Cite'...but he was never been terated as anything but white. With all the black players on France's team, Zidane is the last I would expect to snap. But who knows...without the facts..all we know is Zidane really lost it

you don't have to be of a certain race to be offended/provoked by a slur directed at that race

watching the video again, Zidane was definitely provoked by something Matzerratti said, but simply no one knows what it was yet

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2006, 06:09:16 PM »
ANOTHER SENSELESS POLL FROM 1989

WHY WOULD YOU BLAME ZIDANE FOR LOSING THE MATCH
when it went down to penalties
and trezeguet miss ???

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2006, 06:11:33 PM »

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2006, 06:23:28 PM »
Wait wait,like I missing something hear,from what I saw and what the announcers were saying is they were both exchanging words,so why is it that materazzi did'nt react and zidane did.

I tell you , it doh matter what verbal assault was exchanged,Zidane was wrong plain and simple.....     

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2006, 06:24:19 PM »

you don't have to be of a certain race to be offended/provoked by a slur directed at that race

watching the video again, Zidane was definitely provoked by something Matzerratti said, but simply no one knows what it was yet

I agree..but unless you are of that race...chances are you are not going to explode...you may be offended and disgusted, but I doubt your boiling point will be near that of someone who is actually of that race.

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2006, 06:25:24 PM »
Wait wait,like I missing something hear,from what I saw and what the announcers were saying is they were both exchanging words,so why is it that materazzi did'nt react and zidane did.

I tell you , it doh matter what verbal assault was exchanged,Zidane was wrong plain and simple.....
http://zidanewheeee.ytmnd.com/

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2006, 06:33:26 PM »

just because they exchanged words doesn't mean that they both said offensive stuff..........

but yes, Zidane was wrong.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2006, 06:34:13 PM »
If your parents are from Algeria, aren't u Algerian in some way?  He says he is a non practising Muslim

If this is a response to what I wrote then you are not understanding correctly. I said he is Algerian, but he is not an Arab. Not everyone with fair or olive skin from North Africa is Arab. There are many diffrent 'races' and Zidane's people are not considered Arab. If anyone insulted Zidane by calling him an 'expletive' Arab..he would probably laugh at their ignorance. He'd probably find it very offensive and disgusting, but with all his experience and everything he must of gone through..I cannot see him going nuts over that. I feel it had to be something else..

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2006, 06:37:14 PM »
So is ZZ a Berber? I feel something else was saud

1]; } ?>