Poll

Is Zidane to blame for France's loss?

Yes
22 (24.4%)
No
68 (75.6%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: July 11, 2006, 03:06:20 PM

Author Topic: Zidane  (Read 42986 times)

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why Zidane snapped!
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2006, 09:02:21 PM »
I hope Matarazzi dies. Seriously.

I nominate this post for most a$$hole post of the year..nah..that award to small...most a$$hole post ever on de forum...nah that honour too small..from now on when somebody post real rubbish we will call it an "Augi" and also name the most retarded post of year in ur honour (The Augi..Oscars and Grammy want nutten with u).

Yes, because a racist, maco asshole should always be tolerated.

Dude insulted Zizou about his mother and sister (sexually and racially). Zidane should have aimed a little more to the right over Matarazzi's heart.

So you were on de field to know exactly what was said?  Do you wish death on everyone that offends you?..Wait, did Materazzi offend you?  My point is wishing death on someone is cruel and pure ignorant.  Anyway, I apologise for disagreeing with you before I get treated like materazzi..i sorry boss...u will not hear a peep out of me regarding ur comment..once again..i sorry boss.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2006, 09:02:42 PM »
nah look de spanish flag here  ;D

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2006, 09:05:57 PM »

I nominate this post for most a$$hole post of the year..nah..that award to small...most a$$hole post ever on de forum...nah that honour too small..from now on when somebody post real rubbish we will call it an "Augi" and also name the most retarded post of year in ur honour (The Augi..Oscars and Grammy want nutten with u).

Dude insulted Zizou about his mother and sister (sexually and racially). Zidane should have aimed a little more to the right over Matarazzi's heart.

dred...take some time and cool off and think before yuh post, because yuh making yuhself look even more dotish, if that's possible...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2006, 09:10:02 PM »

Well, I have real good information that de italian was insulting zidane evil mother-in-law and wicked step sister
zidane was so happy somebody agree wit him that he was simply bowing in reverence and appreciation...but he get ah lil too close
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 09:12:06 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Zidane's red card was just, butt broke rules?
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2006, 09:10:25 PM »
Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:00 AM IST
By Mitch Phillips

BERLIN (Reuters) - The most memorable moment of the World Cup final, Zinedine Zidane's butt to the chest of Italian defender Marco Materazzi, was rightly punished by a red card even though the officials did not appear to see it happen.

The incident in the second period of extra time brought a premature end to the great midfielder's career and he can have no complaints about the justice of it.

He might, however, have cause to question its legality as it is against FIFA rules for TV pictures to be used as a basis for a refereeing decision.

Zidane had been an ever-increasing influence in the match, in which he opened the scoring with a penalty in the seventh minute and almost won with a wonderful header in the 104th only to be denied by Gianluigi Buffon.

Then, after a French attack broke down early in the second period Zidane trotted back from the Italian area exchanging comments with Materazzi.

Something the Italian said obviously hit a raw nerve as Zidane stopped, walked back towards him and landed a fierce butt on his chest.

VOCIFEROUS BUFFON

Materazzi collapsed, Zidane continued on his way and the game continued. It had not gone completely unseen, however as several Italian players, with Buffon the most vociferous, approached the nearest linesman demanding action.

Replays were shown on the hundreds of televisions in the media seats, raising an audible gasp.

As the mayhem continued on the pitch Argentine referee Horacio Elizondo consulted his linesmen and, so it was later discovered, the fourth and fifth officials, who have access to TV but may have seen the incident live.

The result was the red card and Zidane, who was also sent off for stamping during the 1998 World Cup, walked away from football for ever.

Both coaches confirmed that the decision had been taken by the off-pitch officials, both Spaniards, but each coach took a different view on what that meant.

"It was not Materazzi who got the attention of the referee, it was the fourth and fifth officials who pointed out what happened," said Italy's Marcello Lippi.

"The French spectators didn't know what happened, they'll know when they read the newspapers tomorrow."

France's Raymond Domenech said: "The referee saw nothing, the assistant referee saw nothing and then we have the fourth official saying to the referee what happened.

"We have video in football and then the fourth official tips off the referee."

France striker Thierry Henry said: "If they want to use video evidence it's not for one incident, they should use it for everybody and they should look at Materazzi too."

Nobody in the French camp was saying what passed between the two players but David Trezeguet said: "Zidane can leave here with his head held high. There is more than football in life."

Materazzi refused to talk about the incident

Offline SweetParkie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2006, 09:11:44 PM »

Are you for real?

L O S E R!!!
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy!

Trinidadians unite and respect each other!!!

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2006, 09:12:03 PM »

haha ent? they love that flag.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2006, 09:13:03 PM »
So who go win de first 'Augi' of 2006?

Gally Cummings or Augi?

Ah tink we could make ah gold version of dis and present it to de winner

de runner up will have to eat some raw shadoe benny leaves

Just becuz Real Madness name de 'asshole' award after you yuh have tuh win it fust ...steeeeuuuppppssss .....PRESENTING AUGI THE FIRST WINNER OF THE AUGI AWARD.....
congratulations breds !
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2006, 09:13:11 PM »

:rotfl:  an yuh say i does drink bitters pardner... :rotfl: :rotfl:  buh I eh blame yuh for giving de man de jackass award ...yuh eh lie  :rotfl: :rotfl:

I eh bitter..i read his post and i thought mih eyesight was failing mih so i came back 15 mins later and read it again hoping mih eyes were deceiving mih..i was hoping he deleted the post but he didnt so i had to respond.
I against racism like a lot of others, i have exeprienced it myself but i will not wish death on anyone...i does even try to do the right thing and pray for those type of ppl.  if it is possible to prove materazzi made a racist comment i all for severe punishment but definitely not de death penalty... ;D

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zidane's red card was just, butt broke rules?
« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2006, 09:15:29 PM »
Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:00 AM IST
By Mitch Phillips

BERLIN (Reuters) - The most memorable moment of the World Cup final, Zinedine Zidane's butt to the chest of Italian defender Marco Materazzi, was rightly punished by a red card even though the officials did not appear to see it happen.

The incident in the second period of extra time brought a premature end to the great midfielder's career and he can have no complaints about the justice of it.

He might, however, have cause to question its legality as it is against FIFA rules for TV pictures to be used as a basis for a refereeing decision.

Zidane had been an ever-increasing influence in the match, in which he opened the scoring with a penalty in the seventh minute and almost won with a wonderful header in the 104th only to be denied by Gianluigi Buffon.

Then, after a French attack broke down early in the second period Zidane trotted back from the Italian area exchanging comments with Materazzi.

Something the Italian said obviously hit a raw nerve as Zidane stopped, walked back towards him and landed a fierce butt on his chest.

VOCIFEROUS BUFFON

Materazzi collapsed, Zidane continued on his way and the game continued. It had not gone completely unseen, however as several Italian players, with Buffon the most vociferous, approached the nearest linesman demanding action.

Replays were shown on the hundreds of televisions in the media seats, raising an audible gasp.

As the mayhem continued on the pitch Argentine referee Horacio Elizondo consulted his linesmen and, so it was later discovered, the fourth and fifth officials, who have access to TV but may have seen the incident live.

The result was the red card and Zidane, who was also sent off for stamping during the 1998 World Cup, walked away from football for ever.

Both coaches confirmed that the decision had been taken by the off-pitch officials, both Spaniards, but each coach took a different view on what that meant.

"It was not Materazzi who got the attention of the referee, it was the fourth and fifth officials who pointed out what happened," said Italy's Marcello Lippi.

"The French spectators didn't know what happened, they'll know when they read the newspapers tomorrow."

France's Raymond Domenech said: "The referee saw nothing, the assistant referee saw nothing and then we have the fourth official saying to the referee what happened.

"We have video in football and then the fourth official tips off the referee."

France striker Thierry Henry said: "If they want to use video evidence it's not for one incident, they should use it for everybody and they should look at Materazzi too."

Nobody in the French camp was saying what passed between the two players but David Trezeguet said: "Zidane can leave here with his head held high. There is more than football in life."

Materazzi refused to talk about the incident

allyuh see that? that just tells yuh something. everyone should be looking at materazzi not zidane.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

MickeyRat

« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2006, 09:17:08 PM »
"Bott ah de Year"

Offline SweetParkie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zidane
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2006, 09:17:28 PM »
Please..how can Zidane be balme for their lost? His arsehole behaviour surely affected their morale, but the game was already in the 2nd half of the extra time! Being sent off in the 109/110th minute?. The coach took off Ribery, Henry and brought on David knowing it might go to penalties...
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy!

Trinidadians unite and respect each other!!!

Offline DeTrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2006, 09:20:00 PM »
Zidane is a fool, racist comment or not, he let the italian win the match and rob him of his crowning moment. Certainly there is a time that a man has to fight, but when 1 billion people are looking and the Pride and Dream of a nation is on the tip of your boot,  I am sure  we can all find a better way to use our head.  Remember they lost by one Penalty. Zidane is a tug, no matter what, I would not want him to be an represent me, He can't keep his cool.  He now joins the ranks of the other  ear biting , knee shattering  fools  who have graced our TV sets over the years.. What a Shame.

truetrini

It is being reported that Materazzi told Zidane
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2006, 09:24:35 PM »
It is being reported that Materazzi told Zidane

"figlio di putana" which translated means "Son of a bitch" and then when Zidane was walking away he said something about his mother sexually and racially.

This is what they are saying on Big Soccer and that French TV is reporting this.

Remember Zidane speaks Italian to.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380538
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 09:34:56 PM by truetrini »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: It is being reported that Materazzi told Zidane
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2006, 09:32:52 PM »
is zidane muslim?? cause if he is.lol dem dont take kidnly to ppl dissing thier female relatives especially if its sexual..lol i eh saying head butting was right....but dred he woulda work for somehting from me during the game...one kick in he mudda c**t..oops i did it also..lol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2006, 09:33:54 PM »
Funny  it doh matter if yuh talk that talk in German, French Italian Trini or Jamacian, man this get heated for them kinda talks. hahahahhahahaha

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2006, 09:33:58 PM »
Zidane is a fool, racist comment or not, he let the italian win the match and rob him of his crowning moment. Certainly there is a time that a man has to fight, but when 1 billion people are looking and the Pride and Dream of a nation is on the tip of your boot,  I am sure  we can all find a better way to use our head.  Remember they lost by one Penalty. Zidane is a tug, no matter what, I would not want him to be an represent me, He can't keep his cool.  He now joins the ranks of the other  ear biting , knee shattering  fools  who have graced our TV sets over the years.. What a Shame.
I disappointed too......but ZIDANE IS STILL A BOSS.....HEAD BUTT OR NO HEAD BUTT
Horse Zidane is human being ..........everybody have they breaking point . Zizou reached his own while on the pitch. Look I eh saying he was right , but damn the man has shown the world over and over that he is a legned and this 1minute of madness should not tarnish his image... Shit yes he should have known better but he decided that Materazzi had to pay for his comment....sometimes in the heat of the moment you do not always make the RIGHTdecision.....I know he probably rgret the head butt as soon as he say Materazzi on the ground , but was too late then.

ZIZOU.........U still great for me...........I HAVE U BACK 120% ...... ;D

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2006, 09:40:27 PM »
Eh Zizou ..I eh care whatever you do good by me  ;D.

One lil millisecond of madness and people coming out to lynch the WIZARD  >:(.........Hull allyuh tail.......Zizou I understand you boy.........as a veteran he say shit this lil flicking Matefazzi come wid this shit......BLAP take butt

Yeah all yuh go say he let down the team , but shit that ........the man HUMAN

Zizou just gimme the call and I go send out the memo ...... ;D

Good game for Italia they sink they penalties, France still had they chance even after the Bald WIZARD get send off , so you cah blame Zizou......I knowmen go say mentally he throw them off but they could a pull through .......then victory woulda be SWEETER  ;D

Offline skatetackle

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2006, 09:48:38 PM »
DeTrini, you off base man. TREZEGUET! miss the penality, ZZ ain't cause France to lose he just acted on instinct and payed the penality.. no pun intented.  :D

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2006, 10:24:36 PM »

50 years is a long time to live in fear of one's reflection.

true

I sorry to see him bow out so
dem Sat afternoon in 96/97 watching Juventus play was the best
the man give we so much
easy Zizou
If I ever have a son I go name him Enzo

Més que un club.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2006, 10:35:12 PM »
Didn't think Zidane understood that much Italian

Yuh have over 1000 posts and yuh dunno where Zidane played in his career?  Anyway, I would not say Zidane was a goat.  Is not like Italy score when he left in overtime.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2006, 10:45:35 PM »

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2006, 11:06:21 PM »

LOL, bad to de bone yes.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2006, 11:11:52 PM »
Zidane reacted as Materazzi called him a "Hag stanco " which is Tired Hag in english....thiis was reported from a journalist on skysports after an interview with zizou

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2006, 11:16:01 PM »
regardless of what was said..Zidane was wrong, plain and simple..as for what was said, there will be rumors..I am sure Zidane and Materazzi will have different versions of what was said.

yeah we all know it wrong..but i wanna no what he said..it might make me like zidane a bit more agian

if it was ah english player got headbutt you woulda care what the englishman say? or if it was we trini get headbutt like that allyuh would be complaining? no. plain and simple - that is a red card if i ever see one

I'm not saying no, but it was the timing of the card!!!

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2006, 11:18:48 PM »

haahhaahhaha , man , where you get that from ... now , i hadda get tha game..
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2006, 11:18:57 PM »
yall are just assuming. none of yall were there and actually know what happened. as a young person i have just lost respect for zidane. ppl always talking about how youths violent etc and this is the example that we gettin from the older heads. so allyuh stop tryin 2 defend d man and realise that he was WRONG. what ever happened to walking away. i'm sure if it was someone like rooney or cristiano ronaldo who did this it woulda be a next story. this is the worst i c 4 d whole world cup. SHAME ON YOU ZIDANE.
\
NAh I have to say if it was a racist remark what would you have done?

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2006, 11:26:33 PM »
It ayways amazes me how people could stay so far from a situation, not have the facts and arrive at hard and fasr conclusions????  All of you all who know what he should have done ... do you know what you would have done, if it was you under the psycho;ogical and physical pressure that these guys endure???  I am not daying that he was right or wrong, but what i am saying is that we are all humans before we become, footballers , pastors, doctors etc., and do make mistakes from time to time.  If he did say something racist, them maybe, just maybe Zuidane did deal with it right ... because this is 2006 and racism has no place in our society.  And until you have been the victim of racial abuse, you are not entitled to decide what anyone should do in that circumstance.

Well let we forget what Martin Luther King Jr say about racism and non-violence nah. Let we forget Gandhi and them other non-violent leaders against racism -- let we idolize Zidane instead nah -- headbutt all the way -- forget Luther King Jr and Gandhi (them men neverr face racism and know what it feel like nah)

All that is assuming is racism we talking bout. Allyuh just fraid to ZIDANE WAS WRONG!

You know what, if Materazzi said something racist, Zidane right and he should have drop some studs in he ass too.  I think it is time they stop this sh*t, I've seen it all the time and people say it go racism go die down, but you know what it hasn't and it will not.  It is time people kick some ass to make it happen.  I doh know what Materazzi say but if it was a racist statement (and I could see Materazzi saying something like that) den he lucky to only leave with what he get. :devil:

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2006, 11:38:40 PM »

So you were on de field to know exactly what was said? 
Yes yuh dumb c**t. It was caught on Brazilian television. I saw the transcript on television. Check bigsoccer.com

Damn fool Trinis. Allyuh always talking before finding out de facts.

In any case, I hope everyting Matarazzi said about Zidane's female relatives happens to his relatives tenfold. f**king c**thole need a scissors in he skull.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2006, 11:42:10 PM »

Is funny we have to hear bout refreeing again...now dem breaking the rules too.

1]; } ?>