Poll

Is Zidane to blame for France's loss?

Yes
22 (24.4%)
No
68 (75.6%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: July 11, 2006, 03:06:20 PM

Author Topic: Zidane  (Read 42688 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zidane
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2006, 06:43:19 PM »
racist Italian must have said something. Zizou doh do dem things. I bet him say something racist

:rotfl: :rotfl:
WOI!! it have some REAL insane people dat does post here oui
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2006, 06:44:09 PM »
A GEAT LEADER ONCE SAID IF YOU DO NOT STAND FOR SOMETHING YOU WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING ... I GUESS HE CROSSED THE LINE WITH ZIDANE AND HIS ACTIONS WILL BE JUDGED BT HIS CREATOR.  HE HAD A GREAT CAREER AND WHILE IT IS UNFORTUNATE THAT IT ENDED THIS WAY ... MOST OF US MAY NOT AGREE WITH HIS ACTIONS IN THIS GAME, I AM SURE BY NOW HE AND ALL DOES NOT AGREE WITH HIS ACTION ... HE IS STILL ONE OF THE GREATEST PLAYERS TO HAVE PLAYED THE GAME.  AND HOPEFULLY HIS ACTIONS WILL PREVENT ANPTHER PLAYER IN THE FUTURE FROM MAKING SUCH COMMENTS IF TRUE!!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2006, 06:45:19 PM »
If your parents are from Algeria, aren't u Algerian in some way?  He says he is a non practising Muslim

If this is a response to what I wrote then you are not understanding correctly. I said he is Algerian, but he is not an Arab. Not everyone with fair or olive skin from North Africa is Arab. There are many diffrent 'races' and Zidane's people are not considered Arab. If anyone insulted Zidane by calling him an 'expletive' Arab..he would probably laugh at their ignorance. He'd probably find it very offensive and disgusting, but with all his experience and everything he must of gone through..I cannot see him going nuts over that. I feel it had to be something else..

Zidane's parents are from Kabylie (A particular region in Algeria)

His parents are Kabyle (an Arab "race" of people from that region in Algeria)......and he was raised muslim.....

This is what I was told by a french friend of mine who is also Kabyle.........so it might be a glory fight down scene  ;D....

According to wilkepdia, he currently describes himself as a non-practicing Muslim....
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 06:48:55 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2006, 06:45:44 PM »
So is ZZ a Berber? I feel something else was saud

Yep..he is

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2006, 06:48:17 PM »

:rotfl:

Zizou lick up the death star and all oui........when dem net boy done wit graphics ah cyah wait to see what else he headbuttin

and if allyuh must know zizou is ah pumpkin vine trini,, his action was merely a tribute to ray apollon  :D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 06:49:53 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2006, 06:50:21 PM »
If your parents are from Algeria, aren't u Algerian in some way?  He says he is a non practising Muslim

If this is a response to what I wrote then you are not understanding correctly. I said he is Algerian, but he is not an Arab. Not everyone with fair or olive skin from North Africa is Arab. There are many diffrent 'races' and Zidane's people are not considered Arab. If anyone insulted Zidane by calling him an 'expletive' Arab..he would probably laugh at their ignorance. He'd probably find it very offensive and disgusting, but with all his experience and everything he must of gone through..I cannot see him going nuts over that. I feel it had to be something else..

Zidane's parents are from Kabylie (A particular region in Algeria)

His parents are Kayble (an Arab "race" of people from that region in Algeria)......and he was raised muslim.....

This is what I was told by a french friend of mine who is also Kayble.........so it might be a glory fight down scene  ;D....

According to wilkepdia, he currently describes himself as a non-practicing Muslim....

Kabyles are a type of Berber people and they are not Arab. Look up the definitions of Kabyle or more importantly Berber...not Arabs. No disrespect to your friend

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 07:04:53 PM by Augi »

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2006, 07:00:53 PM »
anyone who ever played football can`t tell me that the play early in the game was not an intentional foule when henry was almost knock to hell out, the Italian captain was delibrate but smart in the way he layed henry out , yes zz you disapointed your yeam and country, for this they will not award you the golden boot aldo you deserve it

Offline morgz

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2006, 07:06:04 PM »
regardless of what was said he was wrong two wrongs just don't make a right
anyone whos played competitively knows that your you play psycological games to your advantage
as a coach once said he who gets into your head controls you and zidane was manipulated he fell for it hook line.....well you know the rest

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2006, 07:07:31 PM »
nEVER KNEW IT HAD SO MUCH PHILOSOPHERS ON THIS FORUM ... YOU LEARN EVERY DAY.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2006, 07:07:59 PM »

Kabyles are a type of Berber people and they are not Arab. Look up the definitions of Kabyle or more importantly Berber...not Arabs. No disrespect to your friend

Kabyles (kəbīlz') , people, predominantly agricultural, of North Africa, whose center is the rugged Kabylia region of Algeria. Of uncertain origin, they form one of the larger divisions of the Berbers. Known for their fierce resistance to the successive conquerors of the region, they were slow to adopt the Muslim religion and Arabic speech and in Great Kabylia (the central and southern region of Algeria) they still retain their vernacular.

Some people of Kabyle origin refer to themselves as Arabs.......Kabylie is loosely referred to as an Arab region.....understandably so beause of the significant Arab presence/influence/rule in that region of the world dating way back, and lasting centuries...... Zidane's parents are muslim....The muslim religion was impressed upon Kabyles by Arabs.....So to say that someone of Kabyle/Berber origin is not Arab might not necessarily be "accurate" depending on the particular case.........

....anyway........
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 07:13:16 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2006, 07:08:33 PM »
thinking back after the incident today..ah don't think this is the first time Zidane get ketch with this headbutting thing.
that head butt was really outta le bluez..even Matteraxxi ent see it coming hence the wrestling gymnastic/theathrics deathblow ;D
the lesson here is don't play "Yo Momma" games with other people if yuh cant handle it lol
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

truetrini

Why Zidane snapped!
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2006, 07:12:30 PM »

Why Zidane snapped

Video replay killed the World Cup star Zidane
JONATHAN COATES
THE line between genius and madness has perhaps never been thinner.

A famous journey that began in 1986, when a 14-year-old son of Algerian immigrants was offered a place at the academy of AS Cannes, wound up in Berlin last night with an almighty bang. Whether it was an explosion or an implosion, only Zinedine Zidane can really be sure, but certainly a great career could not have been closed in a less apt, gratifying or sensible way.

Had there been an element of altruism at play - say Zidane had committed a professional foul to deny Italy a last-minute winner - it would have been an understandable reason for the maestro to sabotage his own swansong. Yet there was nothing to be gained from lowering his head and charging into Marco Materazzi's chest, and such a great deal to be lost.

In years to come most admirers will only want to recall the real Zidane, feinting and gliding between opponents, backheeling a pass or issuing a thunderous volley. The lasting damage to his popularity will not be as deep around the world as it might be in France, where they don't readily forgive. But surely the most pain will be felt by the man himself. Had France limped out of the World Cup with a whimper it wouldn't have been because of their greatest player. But when the only difference between the capture and loss of a trophy is a captain for ten minutes of extra time and one less mature, composed penalty taker in the shoot-out, there can only be one target for recrimination. Zidane will find it hard to look in the mirror this morning and if he holds good on that plan to retire, 50 years is a long time to live in fear of one's reflection.

Despite a smattering of indisciplined incidents over the years, Zidane is no Eric Cantona. He did become the first Frenchman to be sent off in a World Cup finals, with a stamp on Saudi Arabia's captain when France began their home campaign in 1998, and in 2000 he incurred a five-match ban for two straight sendings-off in the Champions League, on for a headbutt on Hamburg's Jochen Kientz. But generally Zidane has come across as the very antithesis of the red-blooded primate, lashing out at the slightest invitation. For all the gesticulations, spats and histrionics indulged in by peers, Zidane has tended to retaliate to attack with nothing more aggressive than a cold stare.

From television footage of the incident, Materazzi might have nipped the French midfielder in the chest as they grappled over a ball. However, after the players parted the Italian can only have said something that inflamed his opponent and caused the retribution. Why Zidane snapped, only he can explain.

"There a moments, when you take blows for 80 minutes, I'm not saying I'm excusing it but I can understand," said the French coach, Raymond Domenech. He clearly believed Materazzi's incitations were more goading than they appeared on television, but admitted he could not condone what happened. "It was too bad, a totally useless gesture. We regret it and he also regrets it."

Domenech made no further attempt to explain the actions of his captain, which he conceded had had a permanent bearing on his team's hopes. "I don't know. I think Materazzi was perhaps involved. Something must have happened," he said. "I don't think Zidane decided out of the blue to react in such a way that he was sent off.

"We missed Zidane a lot in the last 10 minutes. His absence weighed heavily on the match.

"Yes, we can say that Zidane being sent off was the killing moment of the game. Especially in extra time - the Italian team were obviously waiting for the penalty shoot-out."

Intriguingly, Domenech ventured more readily into discussions on what happened after Zidane's headbutt. He had scathing words for referee Horacio Elizondo, claiming that he took the unprecedented step of asking a fourth official to examine video footage of the incident before making his decision.

Domenech claimed: "The referee saw nothing, the assistant referee saw nothing and then we have the fourth official seeing the video replay and telling the referee."

Italy coach Marcello Lippi defended Materazzi for his reaction to what was clearly a powerful assault, but agreed that the officials had conducted a trial by television.

Lippi said: "You will realise that it was not Materazzi who got the attention of the referee. It was the fourth and fifth officials looking at the video at the edge of the pitch. We did not do anything. They saw it and they called the attention of the referee.

"When the French fans see television tomorrow they will see what happened and they will think differently. Materazzi was not acting. He took a blow and he was hurt."

Lippi paid tribute to Zidane's career and urged him to rethink his decision to retire. "I am sorry because I hold him in great esteem," Lippi said. "I told him that before the game. I was sorry for him to go. It is a shame if he goes on this note. That is if he does go, because I told him before the game that he should not retire."

Lippi added: "This World Cup has given opportunities to two people who have suffered. One is Cannavaro. He is the greatest defender in the world. He is just the best but Buffon comes close.

"Buffon did not make the save from the penalties but he influenced Trezeguet's mistake. I have seen matches end up in penalty shoot-outs and the ones I have lost are the ones where the players didn't want to shoot. My boys wanted it really strongly tonight and that's why we scored all five."

Lippi took Francesco Totti off and thought he was struggling for fitness after playing throughout the semi-final against Germany. "He paid the price of 120 minutes against Germany. That took it's toll. He had not recovered his optimum form."

Italy's fans launched into a huge celebration as they became world champions for the first time since 1982.

Lippi said: "Thanks to our fans because we felt their closeness. It filled us with hope and pride and joy at a time when we really needed it.

"This was a special match. I don't know if it was a penalty to France but there was a wonderful reaction from my team.

"We always hoped we could make it. We were dangerous all over the pitch but we were playing against a good team. We did a great job in the penalty shoot-out. We kept our cool and did not miss one."

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2006, 07:12:46 PM »
BTW I like how you all sit in your comfy homes 1000 miles away, and turn a legendary player into a villian because he doesn't follow the 7th heaven code of conduct manual. If put in the same position, most of you all would have knocked his ass out with a Shoryuken uppercut.

Zizou for the win!!!

« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 07:26:59 PM by Augi »

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why Zidane snapped!
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2006, 07:15:37 PM »
I hope Matarazzi dies. Seriously.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2006, 07:16:22 PM »
ANOTHER SENSELESS POLL FROM 1989

WHY WOULD YOU BLAME ZIDANE FOR LOSING THE MATCH
when it went down to penalties
and trezeguet miss ???

You have a serious comprehension disorder.  Please ask someone to help you to understand what you read - and start again from the first post.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2006, 07:17:34 PM »
BTW I like how you all sit in your comfy homes, and turn a legendary player into a villian because he doesn't follow the 7th heaven code of conduct manual. If put in the same position, most of you all would have knocked his ass out with a Shoryuken uppercut.

I sorry I aint go lie if someone tell me something like that then all hell go break out whether its a world cup final, qualifer or a fete match. I aint know how men could stand behind a no racism banner then go say foolishness like that. Zidane will always be a excellent footballer no matter what allyuh, the man who get a nice head in he chest or the whole Italian federation think.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2006, 07:25:19 PM »
Big up Zizou!
This Trini still rate yuh.
Yuh make a mistake yes, but we all do.
You have been the best footballer since Maradonna, in my opinion even better than him (but that is another debate).
You ruled the world for about 8 years, you will be remembered for those glorious moments you gave us.
I see the Italians nearly kill you today with 3 tackles.
God alone know how much abuse you take in addition to that, which the cameras and refs didnt pick up.
All the footballers here who play competitive football know out on the field it can be a real war and battlefield. I consider myself a real cool fella, but it had times i come up against players who I just lost my cool with and reacted, mind you I never got caught and sent off.
Big up Zizou!
Because of you I was backing France slightly more, but I still love Italy to death too.
INteresting point...after Zindane do that act, not an italian react and oppose the big man. That to me says a lot about what was going on....

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2006, 07:26:08 PM »

Don't worry... I am sure one day your wish will come true.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2006, 07:34:24 PM »
ah feel he call zidan ah 'goat' an zidan just walk off, then zidan say to heself, yuh know what, I eh taking dat, an decide to show him how ah real goat does operate.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2006, 07:58:01 PM »
BTW I like how you all sit in your comfy homes 1000 miles away, and turn a legendary player into a villian because he doesn't follow the 7th heaven code of conduct manual. If put in the same position, most of you all would have knocked his ass out with a Shoryuken uppercut.

put in what position? This is the problem...we have no idea what position Zidane was put in.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2006, 08:07:41 PM »

Kabyles (k?b?lz') , people, predominantly agricultural, of North Africa, whose center is the rugged Kabylia region of Algeria. Of uncertain origin, they form one of the larger divisions of the Berbers. Known for their fierce resistance to the successive conquerors of the region, they were slow to adopt the Muslim religion and Arabic speech and in Great Kabylia (the central and southern region of Algeria) they still retain their vernacular.

Some people of Kabyle origin refer to themselves as Arabs.......Kabylie is loosely referred to as an Arab region.....understandably so beause of the significant Arab presence/influence/rule in that region of the world dating way back, and lasting centuries...... Zidane's parents are muslim....The muslim religion was impressed upon Kabyles by Arabs.....So to say that someone of Kabyle/Berber origin is not Arab might not necessarily be "accurate" depending on the particular case.........

....anyway........

I see what you are saying. I guess we are both right. Seems to me that the defintion is saying they are not Arabs and adopted the Muslim religion (and Arabic language in some parts...) with some resistance. Some refer to themselves as Arabs but this could be because of the Arabic influence, mixing with Arab peoples or just not wanting to waste time describing the difference...who knows. But it seems clear to me that they are not of Arab origin and most do not consider themselves Arabs. I only say Zidane is not Arab because in a biography I read of him they made a point of distinguishing his people from Arabs. People will always choose to identify themselves as they feel depending on their personal preferences, appearance and circumstances....and as with all classifications, the lines are not always clear and defined..a man could have one white parent and one black parent and consider himself mixed, while his sister might consider herself black (bad analogy.....but hopefully the point was made).....anyway, back to making up reasons why Zidane lost his cool  ;)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2006, 08:10:08 PM »

...because???

And just so you know..you win first prize for the most disgusting post ever. Wish that on noone
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 08:12:53 PM by Filho »

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2006, 08:11:38 PM »
Big up Zizou!
This Trini still rate yuh.
Yuh make a mistake yes, but we all do.
You have been the best footballer since Maradonna, in my opinion even better than him (but that is another debate).
You ruled the world for about 8 years, you will be remembered for those glorious moments you gave us.
I see the Italians nearly kill you today with 3 tackles.
God alone know how much abuse you take in addition to that, which the cameras and refs didnt pick up.
All the footballers here who play competitive football know out on the field it can be a real war and battlefield. I consider myself a real cool fella, but it had times i come up against players who I just lost my cool with and reacted, mind you I never got caught and sent off.
Big up Zizou!
Because of you I was backing France slightly more, but I still love Italy to death too.
INteresting point...after Zindane do that act, not an italian react and oppose the big man. That to me says a lot about what was going on....

couldnt say more... :applause: :applause:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2006, 08:26:15 PM »

I nominate this post for most a$$hole post of the year..nah..that award to small...most a$$hole post ever on de forum...nah that honour too small..from now on when somebody post real rubbish we will call it an "Augi" and also name the most retarded post of year in ur honour (The Augi..Oscars and Grammy want nutten with u).

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2006, 08:46:39 PM »

I nominate this post for most a$$hole post of the year..nah..that award to small...most a$$hole post ever on de forum...nah that honour too small..from now on when somebody post real rubbish we will call it an "Augi" and also name the most retarded post of year in ur honour (The Augi..Oscars and Grammy want nutten with u).

:rotfl:  an yuh say i does drink bitters pardner... :rotfl: :rotfl:  buh I eh blame yuh for giving de man de jackass award ...yuh eh lie  :rotfl: :rotfl:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2006, 08:53:22 PM »
If he made a racist remark for true.He deserve it.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2006, 08:55:43 PM »
So who go win de first 'Augi' of 2006?

Gally Cummings or Augi?

Ah tink we could make ah gold version of dis and present it to de winner

de runner up will have to eat some raw shadoe benny leaves

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2006, 08:57:40 PM »

Yes, because a racist, maco asshole should always be tolerated.

Dude insulted Zizou about his mother and sister (sexually and racially). Zidane should have aimed a little more to the right over Matarazzi's heart.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2006, 08:58:47 PM »
So who go win de first 'Augi' of 2006?

Gally Cummings or Augi?

Ah tink we could make ah gold version of dis and present it to de winner

de runner up will have to eat some raw shadoe benny leaves
Dutty ah ent like de design ah award nah