March 28, 2024, 07:53:28 PM

Author Topic: Dwight Yorke: Germany dream still alive.  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Dwight Yorke: Germany dream still alive.
« on: June 11, 2005, 05:22:12 PM »
Dwight Yorke: Germany dream still alive.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

National football team captain Dwight Yorke believes that this country still stands a very realistic chance of grabbing third place in the race to the 2006 World Cup in Germany.
Though admitting he was saddened by the 2-0 loss to Mexico after such a fighting display by the “Warriors”, Yorke revealed his optimism as he cooled down at the Sheraton Hotel in Monterrey the night after the match before taking a flight back to London the next day ahead of his trip to Sydney.
He cited the next two months as vital towards T&T’s preparations for the August 17 World Cup qualifier away to United States.
“We’re still in the thick of things right now. You take away America and Mexico and you see we are still in the race. There’s a maximum of 15 points to play for and I think if we can get something out of that then third place is up for grabs. It’s all about us and how react to this defeat. We have about two months to get ready for the next game against America and I’m sure we can go from strength to strength. The team is going to be fitter coming off preseason and the Gold Cup and I definitely won’t be counting out a result for us against America,” Yorke told TTFF Media. T&T currently stands in fifth spot with four points, same as fourth place Guatemala with Mexico (13-points), USA (12-pts), Costa Rica (7-pts) and Panama last on two points.
Reflecting on the performance against the Mexicans, the Sydney FC striker said the team played exactly to instructions from head coach Leo Beenhakker.
“There are a lot of positives we can take away from the game and it’s important that we see this and use it to our advantage for the rest of the campaign. We played relatively well in the first half when we kept them at bay. We stood up against them and we played exactly how the manager asked us to play as a team. Our ethic was right and the attitude was good.
“It was all good up to seventy minutes and we thought  at one stage we got the better of them especially when the crowd was a little bit quiet which is something you don’t really see in Mexico. But we felt at that stage we were doing enough and unfortunately in football the game doesn’t stop there for you. We conceded a very bad goal and then their tail was up and the momentum changed in their favour. But other than that I still feel proud of the players because they did everything that was possible.”
Yorke mentioned that it was now evident that there has been a rise in the performance level of the “Warriors” for which he credits the players and the work of Beenhakker.
“There has been a massive improvement. The lads have reacted to the manager. His formation has been good and he has us believing in ourselves again and we believe in him as a manager. That’s enormous achievement when you consider the position we were in earlier in the campaign. We have a growing momentum right now,” he ended.
The TTFF meantime wishes to advise that the team for the Gold Cup is likely to head straight to Ft Lauderdale for a training camp on June 27 before taking up base in Miami and as such the majority of the team selected may just begin training across there. Beenhakker has already summoned his players for the tournament but the provisional list released by CONCACAF last week does not indicate his selection of the 18-man squad which may just gather in Ft Lauderdale for the training camp. The list released by CONCACAF, as done for all competing teams, was also compiled before the recent walk out by goalie Clayton Ince. T&T opens its Gold Cup campaign against Honduras on July 6 with matches against Colombia and Panama to follow.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ince situation
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 05:35:48 PM »
The list released by CONCACAF, as done for all competing teams, was also compiled before the recent walk out by goalie Clayton Ince.

Dis Ince situation needs tuh be clarified ASAP. Here it is still being classified as a "walk out", yet according tuh de Guardian, Ince says he has done nothing of the sort. Which is it?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Dwight Yorke: Germany dream still alive.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 05:45:49 PM »
Tallman, according to my source, once the TTFF story says so, then it is so, there's nothing to cover up, the fact is Clayton Ince made a mess of things, it was all down to bad timing, he argued why he was dropped and threatened to walk out hence Leo called the shot, before it could affect the team worse, he also argued money, difference between men on bench and start team.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 06:40:45 PM »
Tallman, according to my source, once the TTFF story says so, then it is so, there's nothing to cover up, the fact is Clayton Ince made a mess of things, it was all down to bad timing, he argued why he was dropped and threatened to walk out hence Leo called the shot, before it could affect the team worse, he also argued money, difference between men on bench and start team.

steups!! i doh care who vex with me for saying this but if the above were to be true then i would prefer a shaky but committed jack than a money hungry and egotistical ince!!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 07:37:10 PM »

This Ince thing go blow over.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 08:20:08 PM »
Quoting Dwight.....We stood up against them and we played exactly how the manager asked us to play as a team. Our ethic was right and the attitude was good.

Ah cyah remember any player say that in ah long time if ever. "Playing exactly to instructions" Is almost as if they aint use to specific instructions ???

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 12:46:42 PM »
I have a good feeling about the Gold C. A very good feeling... Extreemly good feeling
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2005, 02:09:54 PM »
Dwight's quote about playing to instructions sheds light on that systematic and discilplined approach that we once had under Gally a long time ago. We prob did not have it under recent coaches.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2005, 08:24:31 PM »

steups!! i doh care who vex with me for saying this but if the above were to be true then i would prefer a shaky but committed jack than a money hungry and egotistical ince!!!

Yea boy..I have to agree as well. Now is not the time to act like lil boi! Shaky and Shaka can take we. Come on Leo stand ground! Like a trying to pull a Yorke from last campaign.. BTW..Yorke is like ah born-again eh!..nice to see some leadership from him. Unless he trying to get fit to hit some ah dem bronze skin down under!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 10:34:18 AM »

Yea boy..I have to agree as well. Now is not the time to act like lil boi! Shaky and Shaka can take we. Come on Leo stand ground! Like a trying to pull a Yorke from last campaign.. BTW..Yorke is like ah born-again eh!..nice to see some leadership from him. Unless he trying to get fit to hit some ah dem bronze skin down under!

Yorke Real pullin he han.. De man giving 110% each game.. World Cup Is the only think left for him to achieve as he has already done so well in Europe..

He as capt will get us to Germany.. And I will be there. !
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>