March 28, 2024, 08:01:15 AM

Author Topic: CORNELL GLENN A must against USA  (Read 2688 times)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
CORNELL GLENN A must against USA
« on: June 11, 2005, 07:17:52 PM »
I saw Glenn against Colorado today and he was running at the defence and showed good positioning to get his head on Crosses. We need his speed up the wing. It seems as though he will start with Stern up front , with Yorke in midfield.
Then Scotland is also in the mix.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CORNELL GLENN A must against USA
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 07:33:04 PM »
Yes Cornell played well today. I think the Gold Cup will be a major factor in deciding the squad for the US though.

It would give us 3 to 6 games to polish up on things and get the right combination in all areas. From GK to attack.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 07:41:21 PM »
Remember all them american scouts and coach will be watching TnT live at the GC in preparations for the game.  I think Beenhacker is experienced i enough to know not to put his best starting 11 all at once in da same starting lineup.  He might be just experience with all the Fowards Yorke, John, Glenn, Sam, Glassgow, and Scotland differnently

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
I thought he looked ordinary but it was a good penalty though
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 08:29:28 PM »
I didnt think he looked anything special he aint no starter in my book he is a man that can come on perhaps on the left midfield  or as a striker id prefer to see kenwyn strike in front of him but he can be dangerous off the bench or maybe on the left midfield position

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 06:47:44 AM »
I too believe that Glen is an important option for the USA game.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 06:56:55 AM »
Glen best performance is off the bench. He was unstoppable in the last 15 minutes against the US. The US continually played a high defense until the intro of Glen. His speed in the last 15 mins could be an asset. Once he gets a handle on his finishing he could be a definite asset.

NB. The mexicans played the same high defense also. We need a striker with a little more pep at some point in the game. Sam came on and cause a litle worry to the Mexican defense. They ended up playing a bit lower in defense.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: I thought he looked ordinary but it was a good penalty though
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 02:19:29 PM »
I didnt think he looked anything special he aint no starter in my book he is a man that can come on perhaps on the left midfield  or as a striker id prefer to see kenwyn strike in front of him but he can be dangerous off the bench or maybe on the left midfield position

'Goz, I agree with u completely.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2005, 03:06:27 PM »
I saw Glenn against Colorado today and he was running at the defence and showed good positioning to get his head on Crosses. We need his speed up the wing. It seems as though he will start with Stern up front , with Yorke in midfield. 

Glenn is an option.  But the coach needs to do an intense search for the best combination of strikers.  It is time to drop Stern John.  Kevin Nelson should be inlcuded in the search as well as strikers from the pro-league teams.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2005, 08:24:30 PM »
Glenn is an option.  But the coach needs to do an intense search for the best combination of strikers.  It is time to drop Stern John.  Kevin Nelson should be inlcuded in the search as well as strikers from the pro-league teams.

Y u suggest Kevin nelson in particular?

Glenn have the most almost score goals.
He tends to draw alot of fouls too.
His role in the team might be clearer after the next few weeks of MLS games and the Gold Cup.  He not a starter for us now, but if he ever going to be a regular scorer for Columbus it going to be these coming weeks since he settle in.

Stern now in Nigel Pierre class.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 01:37:26 PM »
Then Scotland is also in the mix.

glenn is not a good player when starting.  This is because good defenders will adapt to him over a period of time!  However, it is harder to adapt when you are tired.  That is why glenn is so effective off the bench!

I dont know when people will stop this drop stern talk!

Sam, Jones, John, Scotland, Glenn, Yorke.

That is six forwards we have!! who go play and who go sub?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I thought he looked ordinary but it was a good penalty though
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 02:25:00 PM »

I agree that at present he is not a starter....and I agree that Kenwyne is a better option.

But the man had anything but an ordinary game.
I only saw from the second half so unless he sh*t down the place 1st half he played well and should be commended.

Lets see...
He had a header that hit the post.
He had another header that missed the post by about ah foot.
He had a shot (on target) that the keeper just parried away.
He had another shot (on target) that was too soft so the defender blocked it or it was a sure goal.
He was involved in a good goal that was disallowed because the ref said he fouled the player. The other player put the ball in the net but it was disallowed.
And oh yeah he score ah good PK. Keeper had no chance at all.

And then he was subbed in the 80th minute because he pulled up with a cramp.

So that is what I saw in the 35 minutes he played in the 2nd half.
So if that is ordinary for our fowards...
GERMANY HERE WE COME FUH SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Maradona7

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 04:11:10 PM »
are you stupid, yorke cannot play mid, bench stern and start glen and yorke together>>>>>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 06:14:46 PM »
I think Glen is important to have against any team.  Is not like we blessed with forwards who have pace.  And in football.....speed kills.  Every coach knows that.  Is Beenie who help develop man like Overmars and Taument and dem.

I was surprised when Cornell was left off de team in trute.  I can only conclude he wasn't "wit de program" at de time.  Hopefully he will "get on de bus" dis time around.  T&T need him.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>