April 28, 2024, 12:59:37 PM

Author Topic: Yorke rejected Cardiff for Sydney stay  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke rejected Cardiff for Sydney stay
« on: July 11, 2006, 08:47:54 AM »
Yorke rejected Cardiff for Sydney stay
tribalfootball.com

Dwight Yorke has displayed his commitment to Sydney FC by turning down an approach from flamboyant Cardiff City owner Sam Hammam.

The South Wales Echo says the former Manchester United and Aston Villa striker has the same agents, SFX, as Cardiff's new signings Stephen McPhail and Michael Chopra.

And when the Bluebirds were clinching those deals, they asked about Yorke.

But the answer was a firm no from a player earning a Premiership-style living in Australia.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

MickeyRat

Re: Yorke rejected Cardiff for Sydney stay
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 08:50:01 AM »
It have sweeter girls in Sydney.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 10:19:24 AM »

You are correct. I pass through Cardiff on my way back to London and see only one pretty woman.  ;D
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 10:23:59 AM »

You are correct. I pass through Cardiff on my way back to London and see only one pretty woman.  ;D

that was probably robbie earnshaw, too. Not too many beauties in wales i hear.
Hart for president

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 10:26:38 AM »
sydney sunshine vs. cardiff cold?

the glamour club of oz. vs. a so-so div 2 side?

a cosmopolitian mix of woman (aussie, greek, italian, chinee, etc.) for a playboy vs. a limited selection in cardiff & long trips to london?

good nightlife where you is a big VIP vs. a few pubs & clubs where u is another has been footballer on a last payout?

i know where i will be.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 10:34:48 AM »
That was ah no brainer

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 12:31:15 PM »
He did Miss Wales and is time to move on to Miss Aussie. :rotfl:

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 12:39:36 PM »
Them Welsh girls dont any shape.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 12:41:47 PM »

everybody have shape............some people own does just look different. lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 07:27:51 PM »

round is a shape!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 07:35:19 PM »
sydney sunshine vs. cardiff cold?

the glamour club of oz. vs. a so-so div 2 side?

a cosmopolitian mix of woman (aussie, greek, italian, chinee, etc.) for a playboy vs. a limited selection in cardiff & long trips to london?

good nightlife where you is a big VIP vs. a few pubs & clubs where u is another has been footballer on a last payout?

i know where i will be.

Anything but them greek women,they are the ugliest I've seen in ah long time,all ah them have ah resemblance to witchie pooh from puff 'n' stuff............

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 02:31:16 AM »
Cardiff are no bad team, but it is a mad place. The Cardiff fans probably have the worst reputation in the Championship. 

As for girls? the welsh girls are so ugly the blokes are into a bit of Sheep Loving, but then, they do that is Aussie as well  :rotfl:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 05:17:02 AM »
Holloway contemplated Yorke move.

Dwight Yorke was a transfer target of new Plymouth manager Ian Holloway but the Championship club were put off by the 34-year-old's high wages. Holloway said he considered persuading the former Manchester United striker, who now plays for Australia side Sydney FC, to return to English shores. "Dwight Yorke is on £1m a year," Holloway told the club's website. "I thought that it would be a good idea and I could see if I could talk him into coming here but, deary me."

Vale dismiss Birchall 'interest'

Port Vale boss Martin Foyle insists there is "no truth" in speculation that Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Chris Birchall is set to leave Vale Park. Ipswich were reported to be tracking the 22-year-old, who has a year remaining on his Vale contract and is currently away on holiday. Foyle told BBC Radio Stoke: "It's obvious that his name will be mentioned after his displays at the World Cup. "But we're hoping that we can agree a new contract with him." Stafford-born Birchall has made 78 league appearances for Vale since making his debut nearly five years ago. He played in all of the Soca Warriors' group games against Sweden, England and Paraguay.

Jason due back next week

Due to being at the World Cup Finals with Trinidad & Tobago, Jason Scotland won’t return to pre-season training with St Johnstone until Wednesday. “I believe the Trinidad & Tobago squad are at a civic reception in Trinidad on Monday and we’ve asked him to be back here on Wednesday,” said Saints player/ boss Owen Coyle. “We gave him extra time off to recover and he’ll return in good shape as he was training with his national squad. “Jason was the First Division’s top scorer last season and I’m expecting him to be bagging the goals again in the season to come.”

Theobald out of Dutch tour.

Falkirk manager John Hughes was last night dealt a pre-season blow after their World Cup hero Densill Theobald was ruled out of the club's Dutch tour. Theobald was a surprise success at the finals in Germany after starting all three of Trinidad & Tobago's group matches. The 23-year-old, who arrived in January, has yet to make a first-team appearance for the Bairns but shone against Sweden, England and Paraguay to claim a unique place in Falkirk's Hall of Fame. Hughes was keen to welcome Theobald back to the fold for the club's week-long four-game tour of the Netherlands but a knee injury sustained on Trinidad duty has kept him grounded in his homeland.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 08:57:59 AM »

Everything is a shape right??? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Yorke shuns English options
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 05:42:15 AM »
Yorke shuns English options
By Peter O Rourke -  Created on 13 Jul 2006
NEW HIGHLIGHTS FROM SKY
On your PC - at no additional cost to Sky subscribers. Click here for more details.

Related links
Player Pages:
Dwight Yorke
Former Manchester United star Dwight Yorke is happy to stay in Australia despite attracting interest from England.

Yorke impressed at the World Cup with Trinidad & Tobago and his performances caught the attention of a host of clubs.

Several Championship sides are thought to have enquired about Yorke coming back to England.

Plymouth have confirmed they considered signing Yorke only not to pursue the matter.

The player’s agent Simon Bayliff admitted there had been interest in Yorke, but that he was happy to stay with Sydney FC.

"Dwight is returning to Australia soon and he likes living in Sydney," Bayliff told skysports.com.

"He has a second year to run on his contract and he is looking forward to playing under Terry Butcher.

"There has been interest from some Championship sides in Dwight, but it would have to be an attractive offer for him to leave Sydney."

1]; } ?>