March 28, 2024, 07:50:33 PM

Author Topic: Crouch pulled up over controversial goal  (Read 29869 times)

Offline valleyman

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Crouch pulled up over controversial goal
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2006, 10:30:15 AM »
The refereeing in this world cup has been totally atrocious
It is time to abandon the idea of having low class referee's
from lower federations referee in a world cup just because they
from various regions in the world. B etter to get referee crews from
champions league at least they have a clue. FIFA has to realise that
bad refereiing will kill the progress of football in non european, non south american
regions

Offline ttgapers

• dun know
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • ttgapers.com - the latest from the caribbean
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2006, 10:35:14 AM »
i just personally feel bad about it as a supporter.

however FIFA need to have something in place to address these things. ok, the scoreline cannot be changed, however Crouch should be able to have a yellow card given to him for it, or a fine for unsportsmanlike conduct or something.

the referee if adjudged by an independent panel to be in a position to make the call, and did not, should also be punished for it.

in all reality if this was a knockout game, we would be royally screwed. at least we still have a fighting chance to still progress.

ttgapers/supa
ttgapers.com - the latest from the caribbean" style="border:0

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2006, 10:41:40 AM »
All I saying is that THE OLD COLONIAL MASTER'S OPPRESSION OF THE RASTA MAN CONTINUES...

:rotfl: :rotfl: ::)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2006, 11:00:23 AM »
Let me tell allyuh something.

In 1998 England had a Sol Campbell goal against Argentina called off because of a Shearer foul on the keeper. In 2002 a Terry foul had a goal against Portugal disallowed.

Neither of these fouls were committed by the player who actually took advantage and scored the goal. they were "off the ball" and still called.

I could guarantee if that was another big country that goal would be disallowed. Only because it is a small country with no pedigree the Ref didn't blow.

FIFA has pretty much admitted that although they like the Cinderella stories of the small teams, it is in the best interests of the tournament if the big teams go through.

They find that Spain and Italy had rough rides last time and so ther are determined that the big sides get the benefit of the doubt. They can't risk having teams like Turkey, US, Senegal and Korea in the 1/4s again. There is no other explanation for the ridiculous bias we are seeing in the refereeing at this tournament.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Misty in Roots

• New Warrior
  • Da Weed an Seed Don't Mix
    • View Profile
    • Sporting Kicks
Sancho's Dreadlocks
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2006, 12:15:57 PM »
24 hours after the game, German TV is now showing Crouch (or is it Crutch..?) pulling Sancho's dread locks while jumping for a header.

The damn batty man  didn't get spotted by the lino or the ref. Shame.

A reason why we should now use a second ref with access to technology that helps refs spot hidden or ambiguous decisions. Wha ya tink..?

Offline Rani5

• Soca Warriors!: Going for Gold
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho's Dreadlocks
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2006, 12:21:15 PM »
I agree! referee have too much power.. they need access to replays or they need more linesmen or smthg.. Poor decisions by Refs can change the whole damn game.. worse yet.. constant bad refereeing can not only disillusion players but fans too!  Referees need some sorta help to ensure that they are 1.) CORRECT and 2.) FAIR

but despite the obvious bad refereeing yesterday, we still play damn good and stuck in there.. BIG UP DE WARRIORS  :beermug:
*Necessity is the Mother of Invention*

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2006, 12:22:28 PM »
Nice idea but this is the wrong sport for it.  Everytime a questionable call is made coaches and refs. will be calling into the box for the vid ref to call the play.  Football too fast and that type of technology will kill de game we love so much.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2006, 12:24:50 PM »
You did not see Sancho pulling the man shirt and basically pushing him.

Sancho was the one fouling why?

Because he made no Attempt to play the ball!

Crouch Played the Ball, that is the Key!

Yes Sancho Head get raff
But all that in the game.

Put yourself on the other side

How the ass the ref could call that a foul,

That is not a foul!

These things happen in a crowed box.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2006, 12:28:20 PM »
I was just about to post this. It showed before the last match...A clear foul.  Sancho looked awkward like he turned the wrong way but the replay clearly showed what Crouch did.....A real shame it should has stayed nil-nil.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2006, 12:29:56 PM »
The problem with that technology is that it will probably dramatically slow the game down. Cause every call somebody go want to see replay. But if the call is ONLY for goals scored that is an ok idea but the amount of offsides in a game...yuh just cant play replays and keep the game flowing.

But on Sancho's dreadlocks.....I could only imagine what former "coach" BSC saying...

"Ah tell that Kiss me A$$ Sancho bout dah hair yuh know...dem dreads hair was always gehhin in dey way...and allyuh taut this skinny ass Tibigonian was crazy....Just wait till that Been fella gone....is I in allyuh A$$ againAGAIN." :devil: :devil:

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2006, 01:01:44 PM »
it was almost imposible for a ref to spot crouch holding sancho's hair given the location of the playas and where the ball came from. but crouch climbed all over sancho and in that regards i believe its a foul
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2006, 01:09:13 PM »
I showing all them Trini Haters the vid of Crouch giving Sancho a new hair style and ah crack neck.  All they could say is dat is part of de game.  I want to know what game dey playing b/c all I could see dey is a man going to hospital.  Ah think that Sancho stood a better chance if he had dropped to the ground and beat up and get on like he just get shoot or something yes.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2006, 01:12:56 PM »
Freakazoid does have a point............After 25 hours I can say the Refree WOULD not have been bale to make the call . We only saw it because it was Magnified and in slow motion..................so I cannot really balme the Ref for this call, however I do balme the ref for reffing like a flicking Pansy, like he wants English citizenship

Rs bless the warriorssssssssssssss

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2006, 01:15:28 PM »
sorry, but it seems to me like crouch was pulling d man dreads up, not down....sancho didnt jump, end of story.  :rotfl:

but seriously, the defenders were faultless, whole game. if anything we could have taken off theobald a few minutes earlier,cuz he was obviously exhausted and was leaving cyd to cover beckham and lennon which was impossible and inevitably led to the goal  - but we were immense and if Paraguay come at us anything less than 100%, we gonna be celebrating on Tuesday.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2006, 01:39:16 PM »

Yes Sancho Head get raff

That is not a foul!

KND Crouch used Sancho hair for liftoff...he use the man to get an advantage and the advantage resulted in a goal.

Yuh doh have to choose to be on the wrong side of discussions so much to get noticed yuh know :-\

That was a foul.

Offline whistler91

• Full Warrior
  • Love, Respect, Honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2006, 01:49:04 PM »

Yes Sancho Head get raff

That is not a foul!

KND Crouch used Sancho hair for liftoff...he use the man to get an advantage and the advantage resulted in a goal.

Yuh doh have to choose to be on the wrong side of discussions so much to get noticed yuh know :-\

That was a foul.

I will have to side with Trinimassive on this one. It was obviously a foul. I would like you to show me where in the rule book you can pull at someone's hair while playing any sport a matter a fact.

Besides, it isn't only us (trinis) debating whether it is a foul or not, but alot of other people....for example you saw earlier in the thread that the German press and all had something to say about it. The fact that it is attracting all that attention should mean something. Foul!
There is no force like success, and that is why the individual makes all effort to surround himself throughout life with the evidence of it; as of the individual, so should it be of the nation.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2006, 03:25:21 PM »
I feel that this is more of an argument against dreds than against crouch  ;D.

If it was me I was playing ballhead!

Offline RazorGrass

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2006, 04:22:31 PM »

Yes Sancho Head get raff

That is not a foul!

What narcotic you on?

Try to jump with someone holding DOWN your head! Sancho never even got a chance to jump for the ball!

They were both facing the ball when it was crossed and then Crouch held on to Sancho's hair so tightly that he not only SPUN HIM AROUND 180 degrees and Sancho NEVER EVEN LEFT THE GROUND since Crouch was holding his hair and his head down!

Again I say - SAY NO TO DRUGS! It affects the eyesight.

http://www.trinibase.com/the-hand-of-crouch.htm

Offline scrunter2

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2006, 04:26:47 PM »
Well if the ref could not see what happened to his assistance...he was in a perfect position to raise his flag.
Could anyone explain to me why Cyd  got a yellow .

LONG LIVE FAIR PLAY   LONG LIVE THE SOCA WARRIORS.

GOD BLESS.

ps Isn't the coach of England a citizen of Sweden? Alyuh get my drift.

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2006, 04:27:26 PM »
wasnt crouch called for like four or five fouls for jumping on people back in the england game against paraguay....?

and didnt the shitsnake crouch said after the game that he was going to change the way he challenged for balls in the air..?

now this is what the shitsnake did and people defending this cheat on tv?

crouch is a cheat....no two ways about it and he will come out himself and say it sometime that he foulde sancho and he sorry and by then of course it will be too late.

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2006, 07:37:51 PM »
Sancho should have listed to Bertle St Clair. He should have been a pork eating ballhead. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Viperist

• New Warrior
  • Live by the Gunners Die by the Gunners!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2006, 08:03:12 PM »
yo that pic says it all crouch is a motherF$#@  with his anerexic arse!!!!! dread i have liverpool and anyone who plays for them even former michael owen.
By de Viperist!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2006, 09:00:09 PM »
This one is for the doubters like KND

Let the vid circulate on the net for eternity

http://trinidadtobago.worldcupblog.org/1/hand-of-crouch.html

I movin on and studyin Paraguay
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Verteidiger

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2006, 09:22:17 PM »
PPl of the board..

The evidence is plain and clear to see...Is there anything that can be done..?? at all?? I find it is so hard to just "forget" about it when we fought so hard and so well. Can we e-mail anybody..anything??

And I doh understand why these Yankee "commentators" have nothing good to say bout Trinidad and Tobago at all... First Cobi Jones talk a pack of shit..now Eric Wynalda and them..gosh boy..why they doh just be happy??

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2006, 10:42:40 PM »

I suggest you watch the play again without bias. CROUCH in no way prevented SANCHO from getting up in the air to challenge for the ball. SANCHO simply got turned around then tried to push CROUCH off balance. "Snapping their neck rendering them incapacitated"? What game were you watching?

Take your head out of Pompey's ass. It was a foul and that lanky fowl playing forward will always be known as a cheat.

Oh, and by the way Pompey, you, too, can now remove your head from the inner depths of Bricktop's bamcee hole.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 07:15:51 PM by BigToe »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2006, 01:00:28 AM »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2006, 08:41:40 AM »
Congrats from all over.

CONCACAF General Secretary Ted Howard felt proud over the “Soca Warriors” achievement thus far.
“Congrats on another brilliant effort from T&T. I did not see the hair pulling but certainly thought that Crouch had held him down. Nothing can be done about that now except to say that T&T is the surprise of the tournament and enormous credit to all for preparing the team so thoroughly. You have made CONCACAF proud,” Howard stated in a message to CONCACAF President Jack Warner. The FIFA Vice President also relayed that both he and FIFA President Sepp Blatter felt “T&T were unlucky not to get a foul called on Crouch’s goal and that Stern John’s goal was not offside.”
“But we shall live to fight another day and believe me we will fight with all the passion and determination that we have shown the world so far,” Warner added.
FIFA General Secretary Urs Linsi praised T&T for it’s showing in Germany following the loss to England. “Compliment to your team again. What you have done is the very best promotion for football,” he stated.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2006, 08:49:46 AM »
Well what a surprise... ::)

http://wc2006a.telegraph.co.uk/Document.aspx?id=295AFA8D-C6CD-44FF-8B95-E9AB1E2102BF

so much for that...

steups wtf... uncle jack should start putting out some money in this matter... fifa sux donkey balls!!!

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2006, 08:50:01 AM »
out of all of dis was the ref in a position to see the foul? remember the tv pickup alot that game officials dont. this foul just goes to show how frustatrted the english forward was havin to go to that extreme 'win by any means necessary'. So from now on, I doh want tuh hear nutten bout 'the hand of God'.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2006, 08:58:53 AM »
out of all of dis was the ref in a position to see the foul? remember the tv pickup alot that game officials dont. this foul just goes to show how frustatrted the english forward was havin to go to that extreme 'win by any means necessary'. So from now on, I doh want tuh hear nutten bout 'the hand of God'.

if u watch the replays the linesman was exactly in line with the challenge on sancho and looking straight at it... i dont know what gone on there with that man... like he slow or sumthing

1]; } ?>