March 28, 2024, 03:08:46 PM

Author Topic: Crouch pulled up over controversial goal  (Read 29867 times)

Offline scrunter2

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Crouch pulled up over controversial goal
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2006, 09:01:28 AM »
Dem American fellas too shame.Dey say all kinda tings bout we den and come and get dey arse cut with dey best team on de field by de same team dat beat we in a fete match style game by de same margin yuh think dey go say anything good about us?

Offline Lstat

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2006, 09:16:07 AM »
We doh hadda worry about this anymore. The replays speak for themselves, we know the warriors played their hearts out, and played fair and square. Crouch will forever be known as a cheater, that's fine by me, tall lengus limey ass that he is  :) .I am proud to be a Trinbagonian! Lewwe forget about this and send out some positive vibes for the Paraguay match!

GO WARRIORS!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2006, 11:25:29 AM »
those cheaters will get crushed in the next round. damn cheats. pathetic foul by crouch
Hart for president

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »
Can T&T appeal this?
Unfortunately no...But I know all we have to do is win the next game and we could get in the second round...Paraguay out of it so they will play with less intensity ,and we could beat them and Rooney will be available next game for a longer period of time I am sure...We could do it still....The thing is we played with heart and passion and I loved every second of this so far

Excuse me sir ...did the Paraguay caach say he wanted to lose to even T&T ? Where did you get the info that the Paraguay team will play with less intensity ?
I beg to disagree ..in fact I expect an even more determined Paaguay team ..you know the one that beat Argentina to qualify for the WC in the final game ..or do you

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2006, 08:22:01 PM »
Excuse me sir ...did the Paraguay caach say he wanted to lose to even T&T ? Where did you get the info that the Paraguay team will play with less intensity ?
I beg to disagree ..in fact I expect an even more determined Paaguay team ..you know the one that beat Argentina to qualify for the WC in the final game ..or do you

I agree. We will have to fight tooth & nail to beat Paraguay but hopefully we can come out of that game with at least a 2 goal margin victory & England and Sweden will not conspire to draw so that they both go thru regardless of if T&T beats Paraguay.

We need to do well not just for ourselves but for the sake of CONCACAF!

Will be nice to see T&T facing Germany in the 2nd round!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2006, 07:54:46 AM »

I suggest you watch the play again without bias. CROUCH in no way prevented SANCHO from getting up in the air to challenge for the ball. SANCHO simply got turned around then tried to push CROUCH off balance. "Snapping their neck rendering them incapacitated"? What game were you watching?

Take your head out of Pompey's ass. It was a foul and that lanky fowl playing forward will always be known as a cheat.

Oh, and by the way Pompey, you, too, can now remove your head from the inner depths of Bricktop's bamcee hole.

What you having a go at me for? or are you just having a go cos I'm English.

dickhead. ::)

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2006, 08:15:18 AM »
Crouch is from by me, And people i tellin yuh if I see that man about i will find it very hard not to beat he muddac**t and end his career, i knows its football but boi he get me vex  >:(

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2006, 08:19:42 AM »
Crouch is from by me, And people i tellin yuh if I see that man about i will find it very hard not to beat he muddac**t and end his career, i knows its football but boi he get me vex  >:(
lol..man jus tell him nex ttime he want to run his hand through ah big man hair..ask him first. dont jus grab..that could be consured the wrong way
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2006, 01:27:42 AM »

how can that crouch man say he is happy?
he made a lower than low action
i hope england will be out as soon as possible
if they want to win this way...loosers

but with the way they play they will be out within two games

i could not believe what i was seeing on tv!!!
it was not easy to see (that croutch is a bastard,probably a thief when he was young,he can hide these low actions quite good)
they dutch commentators were very very surprised when they showed it
and when they asked that crouch looser what happened he just denied it!!!!
ps. is crouch a sort of zombie??

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2006, 09:21:09 AM »
I would not expect truth from a liar anyway. He must deny it why not

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2006, 08:29:48 PM »

I suggest you watch the play again without bias. CROUCH in no way prevented SANCHO from getting up in the air to challenge for the ball. SANCHO simply got turned around then tried to push CROUCH off balance. "Snapping their neck rendering them incapacitated"? What game were you watching?

Take your head out of Pompey's ass. It was a foul and that lanky fowl playing forward will always be known as a cheat.

Oh, and by the way Pompey, you, too, can now remove your head from the inner depths of Bricktop's bamcee hole.

Ray Charles cudda see that was a foul ....asswipe !!!!!
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2006, 02:58:32 AM »

Ray Charles cudda see that was a foul ....asswipe !!!!!

if youlook at my profile, you can check all the posts I've made on this subject. show me the one where I have denied it was a foul.

then come back and apologise ::)

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2006, 05:33:22 AM »
Crouching to conquer
Suzanna Clerke Tuesday, June 20 2006

I told myself I wouldn’t write this column when I was vexed. I found all sorts of things to do in the interim — changed my msn name to ‘Crouch is a nastiness,’ checked out video highlights of the goal that clearly showed that good for nothing, dry, haggard, thin foot, knock-kneed, classless, cheating and oh so appropriately named bastard pulling Sancho’s hair. I even read English commentaries on the controversy that either did not comment at all or dismissed it completely.

Imagine Ian Wright saying it serves him right for having long hair, a comment that reeks of hirsutian jeolousy! If it had been one of our rough and ready, dumpling and saltfish and yard fowl raised boys who had pulled the hair of their precious Beckham or Rooney, the streets of England would have been washed several times over with the blood of poor Trinbagonians.

Okay, I know that doing these things really would not have helped me to calm down, would have instead and in fact had, riled me up even more. But to tell the truth, I wanted to be riled up. I wanted to be angry and livid and worked up and outraged and pretty much every other word that can be used to describe how more or less every one of us is feeling or has felt since the truth about that 83rd minute goal came out.

I’d planned on writing about our boys anyway before the outcome of Thursday’s match — and I do mean our boys, the way that they have played skilfully and with hearts on sleeves, like true warriors, giving us something to feel proud of and hopeful for. They’ve accomplished a real sense of unity that so many government administrations have spoken about and thrown money behind but all failed to accomplish. I had always intended that this week’s column be a continuation of sorts of last week’s. But, according to Switch in The Matrix, “Not like this.”

I’d been planning a wonderfully triumphant column, starting with the week long wearing of red, black and white; strangers driving their cars with the flag billowing at the side or, in one case, blocking the entire back glass. Then I would have moved on to describe the day, the actual day of the match spent anxiously waiting for four o’clock then running off to catch the tube to meet with friends at Piccadilly Circus, exit number one, to head to the pub to watch our boys. I wanted, I expected — and yes, it still ended up being a stand off between first and third, developed and developing, former coloniser and former colonised. And in the end they resorted to what colonisers did for centuries and, unfortunately, still do. They cheated.

Interviewed by the BBC before the Trinidad and Tobago vs Iceland game back in February they asked who I thought would win. I’d said naturally I thought we would, that although logic and common sense should indicate differently, national pride dictated that we believe this to be true. Of course, it hadn’t come out quite as articulate as this, it being very hard to be eloquent when one’s toes are frozen in pointy boots and the light being shone in one’s eyes makes it impossible to see anything other than the microphone being thrust in one’s face.

And I guess I could still make it a column of triumph, a column of congratulation for the group of footballers considered minor in all the ways that success in the world of football is measured. For yes, the money is fabulous, and so too, I guess, the endless supply of girls willing to give freely of their services for the chance to boast of the experience. It’s wonderful to make the front page of the papers, to have one’s lifestyle offered up by the media as one to be envied and emulated.

But how much more wonderful is it to not have all this and yet still hold one’s own? How much greater is it to know that yes, one may have lost, but at least one’s winning was not aided by a referee’s oversight. After the game on Thursday several English supporters saw us with flag in hand and clad in red, white and black and congratulated us on a game well played. “You were just unlucky,” more than one fan said. “You guys could have won, you were just really unlucky.”

And maybe that is a victory in itself, the recognition of the possibility that we can and we could. The fact is, we will never know what may have happened had Peter Crouch not braced his header with Sancho. The English media have praised him for breaking the deadlock. He will probably be able to negotiate a higher salary, drive a better car, improve his statistics. Maybe we would have lost anyway. But I think not. What I do know is that we must also remain in praise of our team who have done so well when nobody aside from their fellow countryman (and not even all of us) expected them to. And remain proud. And I’m still dressing in red, white and black.

Comments? Please write suszanna@hotmail.com

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2006, 05:45:23 AM »
Crouching to conquer

I told myself I wouldn’t write this column when I was vexed. I found all sorts of things to do in the interim — changed my msn name to ‘Crouch is a nastiness,’ checked out video highlights of the goal that clearly showed that good for nothing, dry, haggard, thin foot, knock-kneed, classless, cheating and oh so appropriately named bastard pulling Sancho’s hair. I even read English commentaries on the controversy that either did not comment at all or dismissed it completely.

Imagine Ian Wright saying it serves him right for having long hair, a comment that reeks of hirsutian jeolousy! If it had been one of our rough and ready, dumpling and saltfish and yard fowl raised boys who had pulled the hair of their precious Beckham or Rooney, the streets of England would have been washed several times over with the blood of poor Trinbagonians.

and yes, it still ended up being a stand off between first and third, developed and developing, former coloniser and former colonised. And in the end they resorted to what colonisers did for centuries and, unfortunately, still do. They cheated.

Sorry, but those two statements take away any sympathy I have with the author. why the f**k does someone want to bring a political statement into a game of football.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2006, 05:54:57 AM »
Crouching to conquer

and yes, it still ended up being a stand off between first and third, developed and developing, former coloniser and former colonised. And in the end they resorted to what colonisers did for centuries and, unfortunately, still do. They cheated.

Sorry, but those two statements take away any sympathy I have with the author. why the f**k does someone want to bring a political statement into a game of football.

pompey...come fella behonest with your self. the english are known for thier am.."over zealous" support ot thier football team at times. maybe the author really over did it but how far away is she form the truth. if someoen else.. , not even saying trini but what is anyone had pulled becks hair or rooney and scored... or for that amtter to kindanegate the race talk even ferdinands hair, the english especially thier beneveolent press woulda be up in arms.  so i cant disagree with her. there have been (am....here i do it again) numerous dispalys of over zealousness and relatilation if u will by english fans for seemly lesser acts of in justice agasint thier team.  i know how u guys like your football si all good. we do also and if we had scored ah smiliar goal we mayhave been acting the same dismissve way. who knows. but if england does bow out of the competetion with ah controversial goal scored agaisnt them.....alluh better shhhhhhhh we have a saying" do so dont like so"
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2006, 06:12:16 AM »
Crouching to conquer

pompey...come fella behonest with your self. the english are known for thier am.."over zealous" support ot thier football team at times. maybe the author really over did it but how far away is she form the truth. if someoen else.. , not even saying trini but what is anyone had pulled becks hair or rooney and scored... or for that amtter to kindanegate the race talk even ferdinands hair, the english especially thier beneveolent press woulda be up in arms.  so i cant disagree with her. there have been (am....here i do it again) numerous dispalys of over zealousness and relatilation if u will by english fans for seemly lesser acts of in justice agasint thier team.  i know how u guys like your football si all good. we do also and if we had scored ah smiliar goal we mayhave been acting the same dismissve way. who knows. but if england does bow out of the competetion with ah controversial goal scored agaisnt them.....alluh better shhhhhhhh we have a saying" do so dont like so"

the emotions about the goal are understandable. I have seen us go out on penalties, and by the "Hand of God" do I understand. But this author is trying to turn this into a Black v White thing. "Blood of Trinibagonians on the streets of England, Colonisers always cheat. wtf, these remarks are tantamount to inciting racial hatred.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2006, 06:31:13 AM »
SEE POMPEY dais y u eh get trinis. we does talk plenty we hardly ever act. lol trust me she could say what she want. that wont incite racial nuttin. relax. even when we have genuine reasons to feel agrieved we rarely do anythign. thats the bane of free spiritied and over joyyous ppl i guess. but i am sure the engish werent saying its the defender fault he didnt ..... blah blah y maradona handled th ball. no. and shouldnt she feel a lil bitter that  that comment was made by such a promonment figure in english football. and no one even really saying anythign about it . it really his fault his hair is long i agree dais his perogative, wasnt becks hair long. i think generealy trini more angree of the lack of acknolwdge ment that ti was a blatant infrignement  as happen witht he hand of god. the english press is mum about it. we all know nothing will be done about it. but they should act like it never happned and its sancho's fault who didnt even complain mind u.  he didnt protest in the least. what ah professinol eh. rio has long hair. i hope someoen doest pull it. and he is black. eh. so i eh inciting nuttin racial. just tit for tat.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2006, 06:44:38 AM »
SEE POMPEY dais y u eh get trinis. we does talk plenty we hardly ever act. lol trust me she could say what she want. that wont incite racial nuttin. relax. even when we have genuine reasons to feel agrieved we rarely do anythign. thats the bane of free spiritied and over joyyous ppl i guess. but i am sure the engish werent saying its the defender fault he didnt ..... blah blah y maradona handled th ball. no. and shouldnt she feel a lil bitter that  that comment was made by such a promonment figure in english football. and no one even really saying anythign about it . it really his fault his hair is long i agree dais his perogative, wasnt becks hair long. i think generealy trini more angree of the lack of acknolwdge ment that ti was a blatant infrignement  as happen witht he hand of god. the english press is mum about it. we all know nothing will be done about it. but they should act like it never happned and its sancho's fault who didnt even complain mind u.  he didnt protest in the least. what ah professinol eh. rio has long hair. i hope someoen doest pull it. and he is black. eh. so i eh inciting nuttin racial. just tit for tat.

we'll beat Sweden for you tongiht, just keep your end of the bargain and beat Paraguay. Trust me, that happens and you will have 40 million Englishmen cheering you on against Germany. :cheers:

If Germany beat you the same way we did, there will plenty to read about in the English press ;D

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2006, 08:12:57 AM »

we'll beat Sweden for you tongiht, just keep your end of the bargain and beat Paraguay. Trust me, that happens and you will have 40 million Englishmen cheering you on against Germany. :cheers:

If Germany beat you the same way we did, there will plenty to read about in the English press ;D
will do man will do :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2006, 09:42:10 AM »
http://trinidadtobago.worldcupblog.org/1/hand-of-crouch.html
Had a look at the video and the still photos do not show what really happened. When Crouch yanked on Sancho's hair, Sancho was facing the goal. As Crouch tugged on his hair, Sancho had to rotate his body 180 degress counterclockwise in the direction of the tug otherwise he could have sustained a neck injury.
Forget about the goal , forget about cheating , this was a calculated move on Crouch's part which could have resorted in serious injury. The only thing that was missing was Sancho did not fall to the ground  and feign injury. He is a bigger man for that!!!
Trinidad and Tobago might be small but the team has been exemplary on an off the fleid, despite such a flagrant incident.
FIFA has missed an opportunity to come down hard on Crouch. When will they?

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2006, 09:45:33 AM »
Dont worry he'll get what he deserves

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2006, 04:28:47 AM »
Crouch: I pulled Sancho’s locks.
T&T Newsday.

England forward Peter Crouch has made a confession in the British press that he did tug the dreadlocks of Trinidad and Tobago’s Brent Sancho to score the crucial first goal for his team in the World Cup match in Nuremberg, Germany on June 15.
In an interview with journalist Rob Draper of the Mail yesterday, the six-foot seven-inch tall Crouch made the confession.
The article under the headline “Oh well, at least Crouch will be strutting his stuff again” on pages four and five stated:
“Crouch also confesses that his breakthrough goal against Trinidad was lucky to be allowed. The striker was seen to tug the dreadlocks of defender Brent Sancho as he climbed to head the opener in England’s 2-0 win.”
The article quoted Crouch as saying “Yeah, I did it but I honestly didn’t realise until after the game. It must have been instinctive. When I watched German TV that night, though, I knew. They constantly repeated it.”
It appears that the incident will be on the sports pages of the British press on a regular basis similar to the Diego Maradona incident when the Argentina player handled the ball to score a crucial goal against England in a quarter-final encounter in the 1986 World Cup tournament in Mexico.
England were knocked out of the tournament after the controversial goal which is often referred to as the “Hand of God” goal. In the same newspaper an article by Patrick Collins, Chief Sports Writer in Berlin for the Mail yesterday wrote under the headline “Cheats? Talk to Shearer and Lineker.”
Collins was reviewing comments by the two ex-England players concerning the England/Portugal match.
Collins wrote: “Incidentally, we haven’t mentioned England’s match with Trinidad and Tobago, the one in which Peter Crouch headed the crucial first goal after yanking aside the dreadlocks of defender Brent Sancho.
“I don’t recall Shearer and Lineker mentioning that piece of cheating, either. Probably slipped their minds.”
Trinidad and Tobago continue to get good reviews from the British press and football fans for their performance in the three match in their debut at the World Cup Finals in Germany.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dctrini1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2006, 05:01:54 AM »
You guys who think the refree should have called a foul against Crouch should petition FIFA to introduce video replay if a team complains about an infringement while a goal is scored. There have been many cases in this world cup when as fans we blame the refree but in a lot of cases we had the option of a second and third look when the refree only has one and to me it would have been difficult for the ref to get that one.

Offline skatetackle

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2006, 08:08:38 AM »
Well, really and truly it's up to the players to crowd the ref and help get the goal appealed there and then, especially in that scenario. Look at the final, how long after the ref make the call to book ZZ. if there is an on pitch protest it must be dealt with. I blame the, Crouch, the Refs then we. I personally didn't see the infraction from my vantage point (live in stadium) when it occured but I wasn't 20 feet from the pitch, but with 5 enforcers watching the game this is not acceptable. Anyway 31 teams get knocked out so we ain't do so bad.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2006, 02:59:43 PM »
Well lucky for Zidane the 4th official saw his antics. Unluky for us he and most people did not see what Crouch did. Or maby he did and because we did not protest and sorround the referee we got nothing....Says a lot for fair play.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
HE SHOOTS... SHE SCORES
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2006, 10:17:13 PM »
Don't know how true it is, but I guess it still worth reading

By Bethany Usher and Rob Kellaway
SOURCE :- news of the world

Coke-hoovering blonde Abi Clancy watched boyfriend Peter Crouch score a hat-trick for England... then sneaked off for a night of lust with a builder, the News of the World can reveal.

As HE was celebrating the goals against Jamaica with his famous robodance, SHE was plotting a sex session with an ex-lover behind his back.

Wannabe model and singer Abi, 20, confessed her cheating AND her huge cocaine habit to Crouch hours before the vital World Cup game with Trinidad and Tobago.

Rumours emerged that there were pictures of her bingeing on mounds of cocaine at a party, crudely exposing her breasts as blobs of the drug hung from her nose.

Crouch, 25, FORGAVE her, then went on to score the goal that took England through the group stages.

She made a grovelling apology to his father Bruce, who immediately ordered her back to England.

Abi, who'd been bankrolled with thousands of pounds by Crouch to enjoy herself with the other WAGs at their luxury hotel in Baden-Baden, flew home in disgrace.

Blow

But within hours, the coke-fiend blonde was cheating on him AGAIN with the same ex-boyfriend.

A Crouch pal said last night: "He expected her at least to behave herself after all that. This new betrayal will be a huge blow."

Abi was seen cheering in the stands with Posh, Coleen McLoughlan and the other WAGs five weeks ago as she watched the 6-0 World Cup warm-up win over Jamaica at Old Trafford, Manchester.

But the next day she rushed to the arms of her lover Ben Lunt, 23, below.

The builder picked her up from her parents' house and took her to his home in Tue Brook, Merseyside, for a night of passion.

Abi emerged around 7.20am the next day and got a taxi home. Friends say Ben had no idea she was also going out with the beanpole Liverpool striker until he read it in a newspaper afterwards.

A close friend revealed: "Ben was gobsmacked.

"He didn't even know Abi had been to the Jamaica game. She had been secretly dating Peter for months, but had done her best to keep it quiet so she could see Ben too.

"She even turned down an invitation to Posh and Becks' pre-World Cup party in case she was photographed with Peter. Ben confronted her after reading the stories but Abi denied it. Then she went to Germany to support Peter at the World Cup. He was devastated."

Abi spent her time partying and shopping with the other WAGs— wives and girlfriends—in Baden-Baden. She was welcomed with open arms by fellow Scousers Coleen and Alex Curran.

But they gave her the cold shoulder after they heard about pictures of her taking cocaine.

Some, snapped two years ago, show the drug around her nose. Others—taken just before she met the Liverpool star—are more graphic.

They show Abi spooning cocaine into her nose with a HOUSE KEY to get high.

In one snap there is cocaine residue on her hand after she's wiped her nose and in another she looks heavily under the influence of the Class A drug.

The pictures were taken at a dance musical festival in Liverpool in August last year. One onlooker recalled: "Abi was really bubbly that night, a real whirlwind.

"Suddenly she had this wrap of cocaine in her hand. There looked like a gram, worth about 60 quid. She was being very open about it, she did not give a t*ss who saw her. She used a key to snort it. I don't know if she realised she was having her picture taken by someone on a mobile phone."

Another source said: "Peter's parents heard about the cocaine and they were furious.

"They were horrified at him being associated with someone who takes drugs and they feared it would distract him from doing his job for England in Germany."

After being sent home, Abi—who is due to star in the next series of Britain's Next Top Model starting on July 24—flew straight to London for crisis talks with her management about how to save her career.

But after a number of photo-shoots she returned to her native Liverpool—and the arms of her former lover Ben.

While Crouch was training and giving interviews to the press in Germany on Thursday, June 22, Abi and Ben met up at a bar where they shocked revellers by kissing and holding hands.

They went for a meal at the Shangri-La Chinese restaurant and karaoke bar before booking a room at Sir Thomas Hotel nearby.

They emerged from the hotel looking dishevelled and in the same clothes at around 11 the next morning. An eyewitness said: "No one could get over the way they were behaving in the bar.

"Everyone knew she's supposed to be going out with Peter Crouch, but she was all over Ben.

"At one point a girl went over and told her she was a slut for messing around behind Peter's back.

"The pair of them started shouting at each other, but Ben went over and rescued Abi.

"They were literally all over each other. She was wearing a little silver dress and he kept rubbing his hand across her back. She looked stunning and the lad couldn't resist her."

Devious Abi, who used to date Ben's twin brother Joe, managed to convince her secret lover that she was not really going out with Crouch after all.

Damaged

A pal said: "That's why he agreed to see her again. Abi is used to getting whatever she wants.

"She went out with Joe, but it didn't stop her going after Ben. She says she loves Ben, but it didn't stop her going off with Peter.

"Now going out with Peter isn't stopping her sleeping with Ben.

"Abi has always wanted to be famous and she'll do anything to get there. She doesn't care who she hurts.

"Now she's in serious trouble. She is damaged goods and will find it hard to get modelling jobs."

Kingman
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 10:20:25 PM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: HE SHOOTS... SHE SCORES
« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2006, 10:25:11 PM »
that is just really f-ed up!!!!  :o
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
Re: HE SHOOTS... SHE SCORES
« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2006, 12:16:04 AM »
i guess she wasnt impressed with his robot :devil:

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2006, 07:04:38 AM »
desperate to be famous model shags footballer and takes drugs scandel  :o

Sounds like the next candidate for a reality tv show. ::)

1]; } ?>