April 26, 2024, 10:38:55 PM

Author Topic: Birchall says Confidence is key  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall says Confidence is key
« on: March 29, 2007, 02:47:56 PM »
Confidence is key
ccfc.premiumtv.co.uk

Chris Birchall believes a surge in confidence has provided the underlining factor behind the Sky Blues' recent resurgence.

The creative midfielder, who is yet to start under Iain Dowie but has played a creditable role from the substitute's bench, reckons City's new boss has instilled a new self-belief amongst the players and has set his sights on three points from Sunday's local derby clash at high-flying Birmingham.

"If we were playing Birmingham two months ago I think we might have feared going there," said the Trinidad & Tobago international to Sky Blues World.

"They were at the top of the league and playing some good football whereas we couldn't buy a win.

"But its all about confidence - the manager has made a big difference in that and now the lads are eager to get into the team and we don't panic when in possession of the ball.

"So we'll go to St Andrews with the same attitude we've had in the last six matches and hopefully we can get another three points, which I think is well within our reach.

The 22-year-old star has also targeted a return to the side before the end of the season after admitting to his frustration at having to watch from the dugout.

He added: "When I came to the club it was an amazing first few months for me. I was playing in the team week in-week out and felt really fit after coming straight from the World Cup.

"At the moment I'm coming off the bench and don't feel quite at that level but I have spoken to the gaffer and he said some pleasing things so hopefully I can keep working hard and force my way back in."

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall says Confidence is key
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 03:00:06 PM »
that youth is a fighter. he doh give up on or off the field.

nuff respect.

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 03:11:06 PM »
Birchall is still a very young player..and once he remains fit and healthy I expect alot of great things from him in the future on both club and national level....I dont think he has even reached his prime yet..
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 03:41:57 PM by problemjaydeess »
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 04:13:53 PM »
 just make sure he on d gold cup team or else
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 04:30:30 PM »
just make sure he on d gold cup team or else

lol.... yuh done know.......

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 06:28:44 PM »
If the majority of the WC squad is omitted from the GC, do you think Birchall wil want to play at the GC?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 06:36:35 PM »
If the majority of the WC squad is omitted from the GC, do you think Birchall wil want to play at the GC?

A Soca Warrior will pounce on any opportunity to rep his country ...regardless of who he plays with/
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 06:48:58 PM by problemjaydeess »
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 08:49:39 PM »
Birchall is still a very young player..and once he remains fit and healthy I expect alot of great things from him in the future on both club and national level....I dont think he has even reached his prime yet..

me neither

thing is I think dem cobo sweat he getting not helping out his development either

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 07:04:02 AM »

me neither

thing is I think dem cobo sweat he getting not helping out his development either

Doh worry wit all a dat, Birchall has proven that he can change a game in a heartbeat with that cannon he have for a right foot. Sky Blues coach is a ass that is why they fall so far down the table. Doh forget Birchie first game when he scored for us in 05 Gold Cup

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 10:28:35 AM »

me neither

Doh worry wit all a dat, Birchall has proven that he can change a game in a heartbeat with that cannon he have for a right foot. Sky Blues coach is a ass that is why they fall so far down the table. Doh forget Birchie first game when he scored for us in 05 Gold Cup

Yeh dat was ah wicked goal!!....Hopefully we can see another one of dat in de Gold Cup

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 12:11:20 PM »
I like the talk ah hearing from Me Mum, especially the part about taking points from Birmingham  :devil:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 03:33:53 AM »
I never really expected much from him....He's special to us to the trinidad team but in a english team he's just like his teamates...similar stamina, shot accuracy...he just brought something to our team that we were lacking but in english teams those things are in abundance...I doe really expect him to make a impact outside of trinidad.....Yorke, stern, carlos...they're all just black sheep they bring something different something foreign...chris he's homegrown so........

1]; } ?>