April 28, 2024, 09:11:12 PM

Author Topic: ZIdane reveals all  (Read 8066 times)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
ZIdane reveals all
« on: July 12, 2006, 02:34:17 PM »
PARIS - French soccer star Zinedine Zidane apologized for head-butting an Italian opponent during the World Cup final, saying Wednesday that he was provoked by insults about his mother and sister.

I apologize, to all the children" who watched the match Sunday, Zidane said in his first, highly-awaited comments about the act of violence that marked the end of his career.

Zidane did not specify exactly what Italian defender Marco Materazzi said that enraged him, but that it was insulting to his sister and mother.

"I would rather have taken a punch in the jaw than have heard that," Zidane said, stressing that Materazzi's language was "very harsh."

Zidane and Materazzi exchanged words after Italy broke up a French attack in extra-time. Seconds later, Zidane lowered his head and rammed Materazzi in the chest, knocking him to the ground.

Zidane was sent off, reducing France to 10 men. Italy went on to win in a penalty shootout.

The France captain said he felt no regret for his act, "because that would mean (Materazzi) was right to say all that."

At nearly the same moment Zidane was appearing on French TV, excerpts from an interview that Materazzi gave to Italian sports daily Gazzetta dello Sport were posted on the newspaper's Web site.

"I didn't say anything to him about racism, religion or politics," Materazzi told the Gazzetta. "I didn't talk about his mother either. I lost my mother when I was 15 and even now I still get emotional talking about her. Naturally, I didn't know his (mother) was in the hospital, I give her my best wishes."

"He's always been my hero, I admire him a lot."

For days, sports fans around the world have been riveted by the question: What could Materazzi have said to set Zidane off? Media from Brazil to Britain hired lip readers to try to figure it out, then came up with different answers.

Materazzi has acknowledged he insulted Zidane, without giving specifics.

Materazzi spoke to Zidane in Italian. Zidane, who played for several years at Turin club Turin, speaks Italian.

Despite the head-butt, Zidane was awarded the Golden Ball award for best player at the World Cup — though FIFA president Sepp Blatter has suggested Zidane could be stripped of the honor.

"The winner of the award is not decided by FIFA, but by an international commission of journalists," Blatter said in Italian newspaper La Repubblica. "That said, FIFA's executive committee has the right, and the duty, to intervene when faced with behavior contrary to the ethics of the sport."

In France, many have already pardoned Zidane, even without his explanation. A poll published Tuesday in Le Parisien newspaper showed that 61 percent of the 802 people questioned forgave Zidane.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 02:35:55 PM by Organic »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: ZIdane reveals all
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 02:45:38 PM »
Not saying what he did was right, but when a player as cool as Zizou lash out like that it have to be serious. They should ban Materazzi for a year!

SORRY TO SAY, BUT ITALY DID NOT DESERVE THIS CUP AT ALL

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 02:57:26 PM »
ZIZOU...........

I like that.......I stand by u Zizou, explanation or no explanation  ???
Tell Sepp and FIFA they could also take the Golden ball and push it you no where  ;D

The France captain said he felt no regret for his act, "because that would mean (Materazzi) was right to say all that."

Story done, Zizou u have class and they cah take that from you . How only 61 % forgive the man, it should be 99% wah wrong wid them dread  ???

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 04:47:42 PM »
But ah just hear dat FIFA wanna take way he award now....steups

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 05:23:07 PM »
Who cares if they take it? It's just a statue. He has still earned it.
Just like if they take the scudettos from Juve, everyone will still remember that they won it.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 05:44:26 PM »
but lemme ask allyuh this question

and its not taking away from this thread, infact it brings up a question that has been lingering for a while.

what is the difference between an insult of your mother than your father ?
from a man's point of view.

when someone answers me intelligently, den i'll delete this post.

thanks

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 06:06:46 PM »
well the insult is really diferent depending on the person....me with a signle mother would take a mother insult really hard and likewise prolly for someone who never knew his mother but dearly loved his father would take that as a deep insult.

in this case do rember zidane mother was ill at the time and thus he would be playing with a heavy heart..so u imagine your him

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Zidane Materazzi resloved by lip readers
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 06:41:21 PM »
See what the Italian tell him,don"t know if this was posted already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhmN_cOnbmk&mode=related&search=

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 06:41:29 PM »
Ah was backing Italy but Zidane have balls!!  Ah like dat he do he ting, he admit he do he ting and he say he not taking it back!!  Dat is man.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zidane Materazzi resloved by lip readers
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 07:06:14 PM »
See what the Italian tell him,don"t know if this was posted already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhmN_cOnbmk&mode=related&search=

nice emoticons
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 08:03:05 PM »
ah feel Zidane lying now and trying to justify his stupidity.
He had a whole set of possible things Matterazzi coulda said compliments of the media to choose from.
So right now the 2 players stories very conflicting.
Notice which one of the players did have some sort of media contact right after the situation..why did Zidnae have to wait almost half week before sayign something..i think that just suspicious.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 09:21:21 PM »
He had a whole set of possible things Matterazzi coulda said compliments of the media to choose from.
Notice which one of the players did have some sort of media contact right after the situation..why did Zidnae have to wait almost half week before sayign something..i think that just suspicious.

you love ah comess eh?

de ting done bacchanlist..it done

.....until both teams clash later this year league dat is
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 09:23:40 PM »

you love ah comess eh?

who u mean real and juve?? lol well dais bacanal dat agme go make real money..lol might be the highest viewd  non wc cup game ever..lol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 10:53:52 PM »

you love ah comess eh?

;D
well we have to see what Matterazzi say he really said right lol
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 12:38:49 AM »
whaeva Materazzi say..which was obviously f'd up...ws wrong...but it doh justify Zidane actions...no matter whaT or who he dis..

though i hearin a talk that is bout his moms and sister and how materazzi say he hope his moms and family die a serious death and that day his moms went in hospitak b4 the game...

but still...go and ride for him after the game!
talk is talk...trash talk...if thas how it is..gary payton done get put in a wheelchair den

but is possible zidane coverin up..he coulda jus come out and say wha he hear...
but i guess we will never know
he say she say kinda ting

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 01:58:47 AM »
you all really believe the Zidane headbutt the man for stupid talk ?
His only mistake was not to catch him in the chin
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 04:59:59 AM »
boy if you all know zidane well,u would know he is a very nasty player,he got banned at least twice when he was playing in italy,once for walking on a man face and the second time for spitting on some one

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 05:35:06 AM »
boy if you all know zidane well,u would know he is a very nasty player,he got banned at least twice when he was playing in italy,once for walking on a man face and the second time for spitting on some one

I wanted to know if I was the only one who remembered that. Remember when he was transfered to Real He couldn't play the first few games in the Champions League because he was banned for violent conduct when he was with Juve. Zidane has a reputation for this kind of thing. How many football fans can say that they never saw Zidane headbutt a man before the WC final ? He was a great player but was never a Saint on the field and he embarrassed himself and his country in the final.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 05:46:57 AM »
Why is everyone trying to defend Zidane???

Yes, he had a great career, he is an all-time legend, one of my favourite players of all time, but that does not take away from the fact that his actions in the World Cup final was one of the most irresponsible acts in the history of football... Why?

1. He did it at a point when his team were in control of the game, thus negating their ability to press for the win in extra time. He killed his team's momentum and belief, which would have been vital for the penalty shootout
2. He thus handed the initiative, momentum and belief to the italians, and in so doing, handed them the title also, denying his entire nation the title they coveted.
3. He set a terrible example for all his loyal fans and in particular the youths. Before that, if you had an on-field altercation with an opponent, a headbutt would probably be the last thing to come to mind.. But now.. guess what!!!
4. His "wrong and strong" stance, now infers that retaliation is a justified response to provocation. So maybe now eto'o and dem should attack the racist fans too right??
5. There is now an everlasting blotch on the great and glittering career of one of the best players the game has seen.

I really dont see the point in defending zidane... the general slant on this forum seem to be, "well yeah he headbutt de man but..."

but.. but... what?? there's no way what he did couldve been right and if i was materazzi coach and i knew this would be the outcome, i'd tell him to cuss way zidane every match for the rest of his life..

not saying materazzi is right either, but just saying who was happier in the morning, zidane at home sulking or materazzi with he world cup medal and sore chest???

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 06:58:12 AM »
all I saying I  dont give a shit, i.......matterazi is an animal and he got some of his treatment back. Maradonna did the same thing as did pele but people seem to forget that !
The only people who could hate him is the French, and they dont.

By the way Zidane has a world cup medal and a euro medal and a champions league medal and a.............and a.................and a .............

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 07:41:26 AM »
Believe it or not their are some thing more important than Football. The question is "What would make Zidane snap like that?" He dam well knew the importance of the game and the consequences.
But for him what ever was said warranted war and was more important than the game.
Whatever one's feelings are on this situation, Zidane felt he had to take action. I for one believe Zidane and judging from Matrrazzi history of stinkness on and off the ball, I am in no position to condem anyone.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 07:44:57 AM »
Believe it or not their are some thing more important than Football. The question is "What would make Zidane snap like that?" He dam well knew the importance of the game and the consequences.
But for him what ever was said warranted war and was more important than the game.
Whatever one's feelings are on this situation, Zidane felt he had to take action. I for one believe Zidane and judging from Matrrazzi history of stinkness on and off the ball, I am in no position to condem anyone.

I am with omarldinho on this one -- football is not only something he does do for fun..its his job, his duty to the French people and he gave the game away for a personal attack.. how many of you follow cricket and remember how australia does taunt we with their sledging?? any ah we players ever headbutt them?

and you remember sarwan tell mcgrath ting bout he wife right after they diagnose she with cancer?? if mcgrath had hit sarwan not one man on this board woulda say mcgrath right

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 07:48:45 AM »
Not saying what he did was right, but when a player as cool as Zizou lash out like that it have to be serious. They should ban Materazzi for a year!

This is de most amount of shit i ever read since KND2 stop posting regular (lol...KND)

Italy was the only consistent team in the world cup.  conceeded 2 goals (an own goal and a disputed penalty)

You tlaking about Zidane being a cool player? he is yuh pardner? how u now he cool........some ah alyuh does talk ting alyuh dont know about.

Zidane has a history of getting sent off.  He is a professional player and what he did to materazzi is unjustifiable.  His actions in the world cup are probably the most stupid in the history of football.  

He is a great player, but he had disgraced himself.  he is a role model to so many youths and now look at what he had done at the world's biggest stage.  

His mom and sister are probably very proud of him now!!

Matterazzi is no saint, but if i were to act on all the matterazzis i come across each day on the road while driving or in school or at work or even on the field of play, i would be in jail all now!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 08:48:28 AM »
i agree, some things are certainly bigger than football... Definitely and for sure, family comes first...

but how does a headbutt protect his family's honor, what did that achieve?? materazzi was talking shit, you think he know what zidane mother and sister even look like.. it come like back in secondary school when man bawl out, "eh.. yuh mudda".. and you getting hot and sweaty, "meh mudda wha? meh mudda wha?".. is just talks and that is all...

so national pride, and the hopes and expectations of your nation as well as your millions of fans around the world not bigger than football too??? How you are remembered in your lifetime not bigger than football?? What about your 22 other teammates (especially the ones who ent win it the last time around), who putting their whole life, heart and soul into it?

this ent no pickup sweat, this is a WORLD CUP FINAL..

you know what zidane do come like... it come like france in a war and they put zidane to guard de gate... while he on watch, de enemy start to cuss he mudda and sister so he run out from de gates and gone to fire some wild shot... they hold him, take de key, open de gate, sack france and win de whole war....

how that sounding?

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2006, 09:05:58 AM »
you comparing football to sacking a country ?

how come no one mentioning when Maradonna rake that man and get the red card basically taking Argentina out the world cup ?
Or when he tief to knock England out
Or when fabio cheat to knock out Australia
headbutt, diving etc , all should be a dam red card its the same result yuh causing a team to go home

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2006, 09:31:42 AM »
i agree, some things are certainly bigger than football... Definitely and for sure, family comes first...

but how does a headbutt protect his family's honor, what did that achieve?? materazzi was talking shit, you think he know what zidane mother and sister even look like.. it come like back in secondary school when man bawl out, "eh.. yuh mudda".. and you getting hot and sweaty, "meh mudda wha? meh mudda wha?".. is just talks and that is all...

so national pride, and the hopes and expectations of your nation as well as your millions of fans around the world not bigger than football too??? How you are remembered in your lifetime not bigger than football?? What about your 22 other teammates (especially the ones who ent win it the last time around), who putting their whole life, heart and soul into it?

you know what zidane do come like... it come like france in a war and they put zidane to guard de gate... while he on watch, de enemy start to cuss he mudda and sister so he run out from de gates and gone to fire some wild shot... they hold him, take de key, open de gate, sack france and win de whole war....

how that sounding?

Heck of an analogy

However in as much as is Trezuget miss the penalty shot...your analogy should have included when they hold zidane, the other guards should have reinforced the gate

Look nah, world cup or universe cup or inter-solar system cup...nuttn more important than family oui

Clearly materazii aint just say "yuh mudder" and to repeat it 3 times as ah man walking away...it obviously was not simply "yuh mudder"

Clearly materazzi tried to get into zidanes head and suceeded...and zidane in turn took the same head and put it into mazaratti

Point is zidane say "hear wha, ah apologize ah shoudnt have done that"..talk done
Is not he who make 'de country get sacked' is de rest of the guards didnt reinforce the gate

Years from now he will still be remembered as a legend and mazeratti will be known as "ahm,,de fellah dat de legend headbutt"

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2006, 09:32:19 AM »

This is de most amount of shit i ever read since KND2 stop posting regular (lol...KND)

Italy was the only consistent team in the world cup.  conceeded 2 goals (an own goal and a disputed penalty)

You tlaking about Zidane being a cool player? he is yuh pardner? how u now he cool........some ah alyuh does talk ting alyuh dont know about.

Zidane has a history of getting sent off.  He is a professional player and what he did to materazzi is unjustifiable.  His actions in the world cup are probably the most stupid in the history of football.  

He is a great player, but he had disgraced himself.  he is a role model to so many youths and now look at what he had done at the world's biggest stage.  

His mom and sister are probably very proud of him now!!

Matterazzi is no saint, but if i were to act on all the matterazzis i come across each day on the road while driving or in school or at work or even on the field of play, i would be in jail all now!!

ah love it!!

well said dread :applause:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2006, 09:42:19 AM »

how that sounding?

Heck of an analogy

However in as much as is Trezuget miss the penalty shot...your analogy should have included when they hold zidane, the other guards should have reinforced the gate

Look nah, world cup or universe cup or inter-solar system cup...nuttn more important than family oui

Clearly materazii aint just say "yuh mudder" and to repeat it 3 times as ah man walking away...it obviously was not simply "yuh mudder"

Clearly materazzi tried to get into zidanes head and suceeded...and zidane in turn took the same head and put it into mazaratti

Point is zidane say "hear wha, ah apologize ah shoudnt have done that"..talk done
Is not he who make 'de country get sacked' is de rest of the guards didnt reinforce the gate

Years from now he will still be remembered as a legend and mazeratti will be known as "ahm,,de fellah dat de legend headbutt"
lmao..dutty u is a boss..everytime i read your posts i does be cracking up..lmao..and yet u so quiet in persnon  ::)

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2006, 09:44:37 AM »
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/13/zidane_headbutt_outrage/

Check the views from the French Italians, Americans etc:  :rotfl:

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2006, 09:49:40 AM »
Under everything Zidane will still go down as one of the greatest to ever play de, game nobody or organization cud change that.Iis just unfortunate that there will always be an asterisk next to his retirement, but they cyar take away or change his accomplishments on the pitch!
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

1]; } ?>