April 28, 2024, 06:28:52 PM

Author Topic: ZIdane reveals all  (Read 8065 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ZIdane reveals all
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2006, 09:50:16 AM »
[

everytime i read your posts i does be cracking up..lmao..and yet u so quiet in persnon  ::)

Is not that ah does talk too much...I simply tryin to improve mih prow-noun-se- ay-shun  :angel:

samo dat link funny as hell...especailly the american and press perspective
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 09:55:55 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2006, 09:52:45 AM »
Years from now he will still be remembered as a legend and mazeratti will be known as "ahm,,de fellah dat de legend headbutt"

correction.... "ahm,, de world cup winner who de legend headbutt"

and zidane will be remembered as, "de legend who butt de man in de final and cause dem to loss"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2006, 09:55:16 AM »
Yeah but if nobody remember yuh name was de point??

nobody remember de left winger or de 2 subs on  'PELE's' 70 world cup team

yuh granchirren go play wit yuh medals and when yuh dead yuh pictures go end up in ah attic
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2006, 09:59:04 AM »
italy will remember...

aside from that nobody cant remember the full 23 of all de world cup winners, but as a footballer, its your lifelong aim and the holy grail.. so it really dont matter who and who don't remember you or not... i guarantee materazzi came off the better..

anyway, under all that zizou is still one of my favorites of all time...long live zz

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2006, 09:59:47 AM »
Yeah but if nobody remember yuh name was de point??

nobody remember de left winger or de 2 subs on  'PELE's' 70 world cup team

yuh granchirren go play wit yuh medals and when yuh dead yuh pictures go end up in ah attic

dutty, some people think football is an individual sport and point to george weah and other great individuals that played the sport. others think it is a team sport. true everyone remembers maradonna for '86 and zidane for '98 - but world cup for some is still a team sport. you win it for your nation not for yourself.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2006, 10:02:59 AM »

zidane would be remembered as a legend, despite that...his legacy as a player is just too great and too established...how you could say materazzi come out the better...nobody except the italians prob will remember or care about him, and nobody except the italians care about the italians

anyway

i wonder what woulda happen if Zidane ketch a vaps and run wit de trophy

walking past that yuh must be tempted  ;D

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2006, 10:16:06 AM »
remember how baggio was remembered even though he is one of if not the greatest player of the last decade??

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2006, 10:18:35 AM »
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/13/zidane_headbutt_outrage/

Check the views from the French Italians, Americans etc:  :rotfl:

some great ones in that thread

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2006, 10:18:59 AM »
remember how baggio was remembered even though he is one of if not the greatest player of the last decade??

No how wuz he remembered.?
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2006, 10:25:00 AM »

some great ones in that thread

that is a real funny link e-man  :rotfl:
the french view is real kicks

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2006, 10:25:13 AM »

No how wuz he remembered.?

everyone remembers his missed penalty in the world cup final against brazil.. It real unfair that one penalty devalues a phenomenal career as one of the best italian players ever but sadly thats the way it is..

see the parallels here..

prior to that, baggio was one of the most trusted penalty takers around, no one expected him to miss... he did and it left a mark..

zidane was supposed to sign off his career on a high by gracing the world cup final, no one expected what happened to happen.. that left a mark too

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2006, 10:29:25 AM »

Yow SAMO ......that killing me dread.....I real funny  :rotfl: :rotfl:

But to sum up.............the man win every flicking accolade in FOOTBALL.........he Glass case full. I cah understand how some people cah see everything else the man do was GREAT!, but then again I am FAN

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2006, 10:30:56 AM »

Horse u have to be joking  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Zidane is the best player since Maradona..........so how u go say Baggio  ???

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2006, 11:46:57 AM »
Years from now he will still be remembered as a legend and mazeratti will be known as "ahm,,de fellah dat de legend headbutt"

correction.... "ahm,, de world cup winner who de legend headbutt"

and zidane will be remembered as, "de legend who butt de man in de final and cause dem to loss"

dude i knwo de cup big etc etc..but my family first man..u look like u go sell out yuh famliy for a piece of gold..which mind u is not really yours any way......i will admit i liek zidane...and before the incident i was neutral on materazzi ie didnt give ha flying fuk either way...but dred a padna of minds sent em some clips of materrazi...de man doe splay nasty  needlessly agasint even his own country men... so butt in yuh mudda c**t we..i doh play dat if it was ina  back alley as oppsed to  tv ..plnrty ppl woulda done de same...de only 2 ppl on dat itlaian side who deserve dat cup is cannaravro adn buffon.. but dais de beauti ah de game u never know...at any rate the italians have the cup..but as nuff men said ppl around de world ent care....dais to show u how important ziodane was..u feel if it was de odder way around materrazi woulda be given that much attention..look rossi elbow ha man and no one eh really care..figo to..and i knwo u go say oh it wa sind e finals...so what...zidane is a boss....i wanans ee what u go do if i tell u bout yuh mudaa.......
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2006, 12:56:18 PM »
RasIred... I agree.  I am also a fan, and  he has won everything possible....give de man a break he  is human,

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2006, 05:20:39 PM »
ZIDANE DONT GO!!

truetrini

Zidane a Berber, the Akan way
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2006, 09:36:13 PM »
http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/
Now that Zidane has spoken
Zizou has reinvigorated a controversial debate in a controversial fashion.

Cameron Duodu

July 13, 2006 01:53 PM | Printable version
Zidane's refusal to reveal exactly what Materazzi said to provoke that headbutt must have been highly frustrating for those with no understanding of the Berber culture.

But if Zidane had repeated those "difficult", "hard" words in his TV interview, he would have been insulting himself, his mother and his sister. There are, of course, many points of view regarding who is to blame in this sorry affair.

There is not much point in trying to change people's minds on an issue as charged as this. But I think it is useful to examine the mindset that led to Zidane acting in the way that he did. We, the Akan of Ghana, have much the same attitude as the Berbers. In our childhood, we are taught that if someone insults another person, and you then go and tell the insulted person what the other person had said, then it is YOU who have insulted him or her. This is obviously done to warn us to avoid back-biting, which, in modern parlance, would be called "bad-mouthing".

African cultures are also different from European cultures in that legal abstractions do not, for the most part, come into play in the dynamic relationships that exist between human beings. The objective of our laws is always to ensure that natural justice is done. Hence, anyone arguing that the reaction to a provocation should be punished, but not the provocation, would receive short shrift

The Akan of Ghana have canonised the idea of cause and effect with a proverb that says, "If nothing had gone and stamped itself on the dried palm leaf, it would not have crackled noisily"

The Zidane episode has led to a re-examination of some of the practices in football that are making the game an abomination to players such as Samuel Eto'o of Barcelona. Is FIFA's campaign, "Say No To Racism" a serious one? At the moment, it seems a grubby one, in which players, and managers who make racist comments, and clubs whose spectators use monkey chants, are merely rapped on the wrist.

If the punishments were severe enough, it would deter others from engaging in such acts. Even Materazzi might have thought twice before provoking Zidane, for fear that he might be charged with racist behaviour.

As Zidane remarked, the episode was witnessed by between one and two billion people, which means that a World Cup Final is perhaps the most global event of our age. FIFA should take advantage of this opportunity to reform and become truly global.

Taking away Zidane's golden football won't solve a problem that will still be rearing its ugly head twenty years from now, unless very firm action is taken today. Zidane has told the world: "I am a man first". It is more a message to FIFA and its European-inspired rules than to anyone else.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2006, 09:20:57 AM »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2006, 09:30:41 AM »

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2006, 11:06:40 AM »
Alyuh ever get ah pitch in the nipple? That does hurt and he lucky he wasn't playing against me I would have stamp on his chest with my six pegs. I hanging in a culb with ah girlfriend one night one time and ah gay dude walk by in thee crowd with another dude decide he want to grab my arm real hard like he like me... ah mash that up and geh put out thee club...so imagine ah pitch! Why you pitching thee man nipples like you is ah fag! Take head  butt!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2006, 11:16:34 AM »
Zidane & Materazzi await verdicts
BBC Sport 

July 19, 2006

Zidane and Materazzi are expected to receive bans and fines

Zinedine Zidane and Marco Materazzi will discover on Thursday if they are to be punished for the World Cup final incident that led to Zidane's red card.

Zidane was dismissed in extra-time when he headbutted Italy's Materazzi in the chest after some verbal provocation.

The French captain said he headbutted the defender because he insulted his family, an allegation Materazzi denies.

The Inter Milan player has already given evidence to a Fifa committee, while Zidane will testify on Thursday.

Zidane, 34, is expected to receive a fine and a ban and could also be stripped of his Golden Ball award as the best player in the tournament.

But because the Frenchman retired after the final, any ban he receives for the headbutt will be academic.

Zidane will fly to Zurich to defend himself with the support of French Football Federation president Jean-Pierre Escalettes and a lawyer.

Last Friday Materazzi gave evidence to Fifa's disciplinary committee regarding his conduct in the World Cup final.

1]; } ?>