April 29, 2024, 09:32:25 AM

Author Topic: Japan friendly set for August.  (Read 5945 times)

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Japan friendly set for August.
« on: July 12, 2006, 06:19:53 AM »
Japan friendly set for August.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

The Japan Football Association confirmed Wednesday that Japan will play Trinidad and Tobago in a home friendly Aug. 9 in Tokyo. The match at Tokyo's National Stadium has been arranged as Japan's first match since the World Cup in Germany, where Japan crashed out after the first round.
This will be the first international for newly appointed T&T coach Wim Rijsbergen who takes over from Leo Beenhakker and the former Dutch World Cup star will be seeking to possibly have a look at a couple new faces in his squad with a hopeful majority coming from the outfit which did the nation proud in Germany.  There will also be another couple international outings for the “Soca Warriors” in September.
“The main focus for the team at first will be trying to pick up where we left off and getting things together again for the Gold Cup next year and this means that we will be on the look for new players as well and play some matches along the way,” Rijsbergen told TTFF Media.
Former Yugoslavia coach Ivica Osim is set to take charge of the Japan team, previously under Brazilian coach Zico, with a deal with the JFA expected to be finalized within the next few weeks. The JFA said Japan's Asian Cup qualifier against Yemen, scheduled for Aug. 16, will be played in Niigata. T&T played rivals South Korea in Seoul and held the 2002 World Cup hosts 1-1 back in 2004 with Jason Scotland scoring a rocket second half equalizer.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 05:06:04 AM by Flex »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Japan vs T & T on August 9
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 07:33:18 AM »
nice

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 07:37:25 AM »
This is the one positive thing out of the World Cup, getting to play bigger teams to gain experience and measure where we are as a national team

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 07:38:06 AM »
We will see 1 or 2 new faces....2010 begins...

Kingman
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 07:44:30 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 07:56:16 AM »
I think all local players now see what is needed to play on the big stage and apply themselves a little more as the stakes have gotten higher. Selection to the National team is not guaranteed because you think you are a star, it is discipline and maturity that make the difference and all present and future ballers, need to take stock of themselves and become students of the game not just casual players

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 07:58:25 AM »
Japan’s first game under Osim, who is set to be unveiled next week, is likely to be the friendly against Trinidad and Tobago on August 9 though this fixture has not been confirmed yet.

http://www.the-afc.com/english/media/default.asp?mnsection=media§ion=newsDetails&newsID=6399

the article doesn't say, but can we assume the fixture would be in tokyo?

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 08:19:44 AM »
Bring on d Japs...leh we see what are guys are made of  :beermug:
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 08:24:31 AM »
It will be interesting to see a game between the 2 styles.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 09:16:38 AM »
Japan’s first game under Osim, who is set to be unveiled next week, is likely to be the friendly against Trinidad and Tobago on August 9 though this fixture has not been confirmed yet.

http://www.the-afc.com/english/media/default.asp?mnsection=media§ion=newsDetails&newsID=6399

the article doesn't say, but can we assume the fixture would be in tokyo?

If the fixture gets confirmed, it will be played at the National Stadium in Tokyo.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 09:20:08 AM »
It will have to be in Tokyo because of the Under 16 champpionship starting on the 14th. Once Ruskin and them get a proper link for us to see it I cool. I hope they know that if the National Team playing in the Isle of Mann and t is at 3:45 am we have to see it because 2010 we comin 4 them.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 02:06:42 AM »
In the run-up to the qualifier, Japan will play a friendly against Trinidad and Tobago on August 9 at the National Stadium in Tokyo, confirmed the JFA.

http://www.the-afc.com/english/media/default.asp?mnsection=media&section=newsDetails&newsID=6410

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 04:55:39 AM »
no more grenada xi

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Japan friendly set for August.
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 05:21:07 AM »
Come on Wim...Bring back Latapy!!  ;)

seriously I wonder who will be able to play since the scottish and english league fixtures start just before this.  We may see more than a few new faces.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 05:28:17 AM by arrow »

Offline SHOCKER

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 08:57:23 AM »
i dont think the uk and scottish based players will be allowed by their clubs to go all the way to tokyo for a FRIENDLY ! especially as it is at the start of their season !! who do you think the team will consist of ???

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 10:00:27 AM »
looks set to be a raid on jabloteh very likely they will use a few local players together with yorke and the other foreigners available

i would like to see new young forwards up front like noray and wolfe and toussaint and dem

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 01:11:25 PM »
MANY OF THE PLAYERS SEASON STARTS ON AUGUST 5TH WITH A GAME ON AUGUST 8TH

Port vale certainly have a game on august 8th so cant see manager letting Birchall go just for a friendly, but then again foyle is unpredictable
THERES ONLY ONE CHRIS BIRCHALL

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 01:14:37 PM »

Young deserving players who need caps....this is when they will get their chance to secure further call ups.

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 01:16:51 PM »
yeah but surely there league clubs are more important at the start of the season they do pay there wages and if they not there first few matches they may sit on bench all season   when you have a 22 players and only 16 can be picked  you got to try and fight for your place

sorry its nice to say hes doing well at Trinidad and Tobago but we need him at the start of the season

Good luck if he does come to you ill be wanting know the score
THERES ONLY ONE CHRIS BIRCHALL

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 01:19:33 PM »

I was talking about players who don't currently play overseas.

We're looking for the next set of players to give Chris a run for his money   ;)

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 01:30:17 PM »
This should be a good lil game to introduce some of the youger players to an Internationla game. Alot of the Japanese players will also be away withe their clubs so they see it as a chance to also give their youngsters a run

We have to start rearing our yute men to these types of games. Give them a feel for a big stage.........Rest all them old men , is the future we dealing with  :beermug:

bless

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 01:49:23 PM »
While IN THEORY....it would be good for our National team to have "young, deserving" players go and represent us in these friendlies.....and it may well happen.

However

Japan didn't pick T&T and pay we expenses etc to come Japan and expect we to show up with a XI that bears little resemblance to the team that the Japanese public saw in the World Cup

I would HOPE the likes of Shaka, Dog, Spann (hopefully he fully recovered and they know him already in Japan), Avery, Whitley, Cyd, Yorke, can make the trip.  You can then throw in man like Sealey, Josh Johnson (if he eh get sign), Rahim, Nigel Henry etc to de mix.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 02:09:22 PM »
Palos how u mean, T&T have to think about we self........We have to start building for the future. 80% of the Japanese sqaud does play outside Japan.............So there big guns aint gonna be there either. Why would I bring men who gonna be retiring in less than 1  year, you have to make hard decisions not be sentimental..........

Trust me the we eh go recognize too much of the Japaneese squad either !!

jsut my shilling

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 02:31:33 PM »
Palos how u mean, T&T have to think about we self........We have to start building for the future. 80% of the Japanese sqaud does play outside Japan.............So there big guns aint gonna be there either. Why would I bring men who gonna be retiring in less than 1  year, you have to make hard decisions not be sentimental..........

Trust me the we eh go recognize too much of the Japaneese squad either !!

jsut my shilling

Ah hear wha yuh sayin and it make sense.  Ting is....Friendlies serve a dual purpose:

1 - Important practice matches for a national squad
2 - Hopefully get a lrage enough crowd out to the game to offset expenses

If yuh say yuh bringin a Brazil for example....and yuh advertise Brazil wit Dinho & Kaka etc.....Brazil cyah show up witout dem fellas.

Remember how we did feel when we hear we playin Peru and man lookin forward to seein players like Jefferson Farfan only to realize a day before de game is a Peru U23 side comin down.

Now.....if we goin and play Peru again, yuh think a large crowd go come ut nex time?

Tink bout if we bring dis young team of "no names"...colleck some serious goal in we tail....could that hamper us getting practice matches against quality teams in the future?

To me, is a give and take.

Besides....ah tnk we might be too eager to "ress de ole men and dem".  Who de youngsters go learn from?  Ideally in my opinion, it should have a nice blend of de experienced and inexperienced so dat de younger one's comin een could learn de ropes without havin to try and figure out everyting fuh deyself.

Respeck.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 02:34:41 PM by palos »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2006, 02:52:02 PM »

Well the experienced ain't coming from the group of UK players....so the experience players would be:
Cyd Gray, Whitley........................

Who else Palos?  (Wise??)

No way u could ask for those UK players after they been away from their clubs for the longest qualification campaign of all the 32 teams in WC.  We lucky we get any of the 3 keepers.

Besides...I really don't think Japan will be shocked they know the deal.  I doubt they fielding a full strength squad.
Wim done already say he will be looking for new players.

Maybe we *want* teams to field full strength squads but what is the purpose of this friendly?

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2006, 09:49:15 PM »
Well glad to see we alreasy starting preparations for the Gold Cup next year. Playing some quality opposition will not only help our younger players gain international experience, but will also help us to properly prepare for 2010.

Offline okaki

• Jr. Warrior
  • Go! Silvio!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2006, 10:26:34 PM »
We waits they will come! ;D

TrinInfinite

Which stations will carry TT vs. Japan on August 9th?
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2006, 11:18:46 PM »
Just read in the guardian that the JFA has officially confirmed the friendly, now lets see where we can see the game, I will start my scouting mission from now and make a few calls and inquiries.

I think this game will be very challenging for us, but I also think we can pull off a draw or a surprise win.

vibes it up

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2006, 07:34:03 AM »
i think this game going to be:

japan B vs. T & T B

too close to the start of the euro seasons.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2006, 08:26:50 AM »

Well the experienced ain't coming from the group of UK players....so the experience players would be:
Cyd Gray, Whitley........................

Who else Palos?  (Wise??)

No way u could ask for those UK players after they been away from their clubs for the longest qualification campaign of all the 32 teams in WC.  We lucky we get any of the 3 keepers.

If yuh did read meh post, yuh woulda realize ah done suggest who.  De only UK player I name is Dog who last I heard was not re signed by Rangers.

I would HOPE the likes of Shaka, Dog, Spann (hopefully he fully recovered and they know him already in Japan), Avery, Whitley, Cyd, Yorke, can make the trip.  You can then throw in man like Sealey, Josh Johnson (if he eh get sign), Rahim, Nigel Henry etc to de mix.

Shaka, Sealey and Avery in MLS
Yorke in Sydney which infinitely closer to Japan dan anywhere we other players playin
Spann eh hook up wit nobody yet
Henry in Belgium, Norway or Sweden or one a dem places so and dem season done start long time.
Others are local based like Wolfe & Atiba Charles

And YES.  Wise should be in that mix too.  Why?  You think he shouldn't?

« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 08:30:05 AM by palos »

1]; } ?>