April 26, 2024, 12:09:16 PM

Author Topic: Watching Argentina vs Brazil the other night  (Read 6191 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Watching Argentina vs Brazil the other night
« on: June 14, 2005, 08:50:47 AM »
I was struck with the speed of the game and the technique on display. I can only remember once seeing Brazil totally dominated in the manner Argentina dominated the game, in almost every part of the field. First half was a classic and a must see for football lovers.
This game will serve Brazil well and once their missing central defenders return, they should be solid. Hopefully the two central defenders for Lyon will get a look. Overall a good advertisement for football.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Watching Argentina vs Brazil the other night
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 09:41:50 AM »

I only see the first half and that was some nice football.
It had everything in it.

Offline LICKS4SO

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 09:46:48 AM »
THAT GAME THAT BRAZIL LOST WILL ONLY AWAKEN THE GAINT. IN THE SECOND HALF THEY DESPLAYED GOOD ATTACKING FOOTBALL. I WOULD NOT LIKE TO BE ON THE TEAM THAT IS GOING TO PLAY THEM NEXT....WOULD YOU?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 09:50:50 AM »
THAT GAME THAT BRAZIL LOST WILL ONLY AWAKEN THE GAINT. IN THE SECOND HALF THEY DESPLAYED GOOD ATTACKING FOOTBALL. I WOULD NOT LIKE TO BE ON THE TEAM THAT IS GOING TO PLAY THEM NEXT....WOULD YOU?

Yeah we. I would love to play against Brazil, wha I eh fraid licks if dat is teh case plenty man would not want to play against brazil. ;D ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline LICKS4SO

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 10:02:30 AM »
LISTEN...BRAZIL COULD AFFORD TO LOSE A GAME OR TWO....WE CANNOT AFFORD TO GET BEAT BAD BAD NOW...BRAZIL AGAINST TnT WOULD NOT BE A GOOD GAME FOR US RIGHT NOW

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 10:25:59 AM »
LISTEN...BRAZIL COULD AFFORD TO LOSE A GAME OR TWO....WE CANNOT AFFORD TO GET BEAT BAD BAD NOW...BRAZIL AGAINST TnT WOULD NOT BE A GOOD GAME FOR US RIGHT NOW

We cyah even organise a game against Jamaica or even a Central American country and u talkin bout Brasil?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 12:50:32 PM »
Look out world...Argentina WC champions 2006.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 01:08:40 PM »
Look out world...Argentina WC champions 2006.

yeah yeah yeah we heard that last WC too when they stormed through the qualifications. While at the same time Brazil struggled and left it till the 11th hour and what was the final result  ;D Come WC time its a different competition, its all about form at that time (peaking) & a little luck.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 01:43:10 PM »
It will be very tough for a South American team to win in Germany.  Brazil still remain the only team to win a World Cup outside their own continent (1958)..can also count Asia (2002).  I still supporting Brazil and Argentina although it is unlikely either will win.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 01:52:55 PM »
TT WINNING IN GERMANY 2006

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 01:53:53 PM »
SERIOUS THOUGH IF WE reach Germany all yuh think we could take a point of a team?????

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 02:07:40 PM »
It will be very tough for a South American team to win in Germany.  Brazil still remain the only team to win a World Cup outside their own continent (1958)..can also count Asia (2002).  I still supporting Brazil and Argentina although it is unlikely either will win.

Like yuh fuhgettin 1994 or wha?

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 02:14:44 PM »

Like yuh fuhgettin 1994 or wha?

Well  USA and South America are considered to be the Americas.  So they consider  USA and Mexico tournament wins as winning in a different continent.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2005, 03:32:56 PM »
SERIOUS THOUGH IF WE reach Germany all yuh think we could take a point of a team?????

If we can beat/draw the USA in Hartford come August and qualify for Germany, then there's no reason we can't make a second round in the world cup as long as we don't land up in a group of death (doh worry Jack will fix our mix  ;))

Concacaf is closing the gap on the big teams.  Last time Mexico topped their group (over Italy), USA came second in theirs (and knocked out Portugal) and Costa Rica came third (same group as champions Brazil and 3rd place Turkey - in fact they were level on points with Turkey and missed out on going 2nd round by goal difference).

The good news for us is that Scotland, Northern Ireland, Cuba and Antigua won't be there  ;D

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005, 11:49:49 PM »

Well  USA and South America are considered to be the Americas.  So they consider  USA and Mexico tournament wins as winning in a different continent.

There is no continent called "The Americas".

Iz North and South America.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 01:52:37 AM »
I jes see Roberto Carlos free kick in dat Brazil vs Argentina game.

MY LORD!!!!  What a shot!!!!  Goal of the year candidate!!!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 06:03:53 AM »

I KNOW THAT.  However, if Brazil or Argentina wins a world cup in mexico or usa, FIFA do not consider it as a victory outside of their continent.  Please read and understand.
Thank you.  I never said Americas is a continent.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2005, 11:39:42 AM »
I jes see Roberto Carlos free kick in dat Brazil vs Argentina game.

MY LORD!!!!  What a shot!!!!  Goal of the year candidate!!!

Yeah boye palos, as much as ah like me Argentina, that goal was one of the best I have seen. Roberto hit than with so much peppah and venom, if that had hit anybody in de wall dey woulda dead on de spot.
well yes

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2005, 01:17:21 PM »

I KNOW THAT.  However, if Brazil or Argentina wins a world cup in mexico or usa, FIFA do not consider it as a victory outside of their continent.  Please read and understand.
Thank you.  I never said Americas is a continent.
Point  taken. BUT if you know that the US is on a different continent from Brasil, and Brasil won a WC there, why would you not count this as a win on another continent?  You learn about continents from FIFA or in school?

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2005, 01:19:41 PM »
Peong..u trying to be technical so I don't have time for that.  Teaching geography and explaining FIFA's logic are not my hobbies.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 01:26:38 PM »
Too bad, it really simple.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2005, 01:33:59 PM »
Good for u.

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2005, 01:52:35 PM »
Hull yuh arse Peong... ;D

Ah still aint find them highlights from the Chivas vs. Boca game two or three weeks ago.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2005, 02:30:09 PM »
While there may not be a continent called "The Americas" there is a continent called "America".  Thus Brazil did in fact win inside their own continent in '94.

The term "The Americas" is used to refer to the North, South, Central America, the Caribbean and Greenland.

This ends Geography for today

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2005, 02:50:35 PM »
While there may not be a continent called "The Americas" there is a continent called "America".  Thus Brazil did in fact win inside their own continent in '94.

The term "The Americas" is used to refer to the North, South, Central America, the Caribbean and Greenland.

This ends Geography for today

Thanks Rocwell, that is what I was saying basically but I don't have the energy and time to deal with some of these forumites. 

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005, 03:07:23 PM »
It actually depends on where you're from.  I assume (maybe incorrectly it would seem) that you are from an english speaking country so for you "America" is two separate continents.

The Americas consist of the land mass located to the east of the Pacific Ocean and the west of the Atlantic Ocean, and are generally divided into North America, South America, and Central America. The term also usually includes the Caribbean, the islands in and around the Caribbean Sea, and Greenland, though not Iceland, for cultural and historical reasons. The isthmus of Central America is usually considered geographically part of North America. The Americas are often also described collectively as the Western Hemisphere or, during the colonial era, as the New World.

The classification of the Americas as a single continent vs multiple continents is debated. Traditionally in English-speaking countries, North and South America are considered two continents, reflected by the use of the plural name the Americas. In many other countries, they are considered a single continent, so (an equivalent of) the singular America is used in several languages, though it should be noted that even those who consider the Americas to be two continents may still use the singular to refer to the two collectively. The singular America is also found in English in reference to the pre-Columbian or early Columbian era, such as in the common phrase "Christopher Columbus discovered America". The single-entity concept also appears thematically. For example, the five rings of the Olympic flag represent the five parts of the world, with a single ring representing all of the Americas.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2005, 03:37:26 PM »

Ah still aint find them highlights from the Chivas vs. Boca game two or three weeks ago.

Ey yuh moms say to behave yuhself.  I goin and check she in a couple weeks.....
I have a lead on the highlights.

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2005, 04:47:44 PM »

Ey yuh moms say to behave yuhself. I goin and check she in a couple weeks.....
I have a lead on the highlights.

Mudda talk boy? Thas the best you could come with?  ???

Yuh head big fuh nuttin fuh true yes  ;)....But doh study it...

When yuh make that trip by meh moms, do meh a favor an leff yuh front door open...I tired squeeze through the window...."yuh" baby momma go tank yuh for it  ;D  ;D

« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 04:49:39 PM by noname »

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2005, 05:35:44 PM »
so what they have to say about the fact that Europe and Asia cyah really be considered separate land masses? Or the fact that Europe Asia and Africa are connected?

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2005, 08:40:53 PM »
ANybody who see dat game had to see that Brazil real play despite getting beaten. They real knock and all of their individual players showed their abilities. Argentina did play well, but their third goal was definitely against the run of play as Brazil had established themselves as the dominant side by that time.
That run Ronaldinho made beating 5, yes 5 men made my jaw drop.
Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo.
Brazil is definitely a force to be reckoned with.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

1]; } ?>