April 27, 2024, 11:46:45 PM

Author Topic: Creative Ability  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Creative Ability
« on: June 14, 2005, 11:34:28 AM »
Our team is being molded into an effective unit built upon a strong defence. The last two games were very good performances ; the team was well organised and for once I saw a midfield. The coach is doing exceptionally well. We are now playing now playing better with a foreign coach and it must be said, a foreign brand. While I am young , I am fairly confident that this is not the traditional style of Trinidad and Tobago football. There is very little creativity and dear I say very little flash. I am not discouraged by this but there is no doubt that some will be.

Imagine Trinidad could qualify for the World Cup playing a "dull" style rather a style that was in keeping with our propensity fof eccentricity( Full of colour and spectacle.)

This does not show that our style is incapable of producing results but shows the massive failure of our developmental programs. We can't seem to turn talented midfielders into playmakers who can perform at the highest level.  There is not doubt that we have talent but the records show that those players could never produce. This is direct result of our non-existent developmental programs. Players like Dwarika and Jemmot could never fit into Don Leo's system. If you observe football globally ,creative players must be able to get stuck-in as well. You'd be hard pressed to find a player with Trinidad and Tobago passport who can demonstrate these traits at the highest level.

If any change will come it must come from the youth . Players like Highley, Tinto and Devenish need to closely followed. I know Devenish has just been promoted to Jabloteh's Senior team and Highley is in the W Connection squad.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Creative Ability
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 11:47:59 AM »
Yeh jah dat is one ting ah have been observing we have no creativity in the team right now. The last game the only one ah see was hector sam he show some of the things that we were know for. I don't think is because they can't do it, is because they scared. Them fellahs fraid to do anything right now. Is the mental strength that showing, considering the time we got there isn't any time for too much preparation so they just got to go with what they have. In the mean time we just got to go with a solid defence and midfield to take we to the goal.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 11:53:18 AM »
I agree qualify first spanna man later  ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 11:59:07 AM »
Our team is being molded into an effective unit built upon a strong defence. The last two games were very good performances ; the team was well organised and for once I saw a midfield. The coach is doing exceptionally well. We are now playing now playing better with a foreign coach and it must be said, a foreign brand. While I am young , I am fairly confident that this is not the traditional style of Trinidad and Tobago football. There is very little creativity and dear I say very little flash. I am not discouraged by this but there is no doubt that some will be.

Imagine Trinidad could qualify for the World Cup playing a "dull" style rather a style that was in keeping with our propensity fof eccentricity( Full of colour and spectacle.)

This does not show that our style is incapable of producing results but shows the massive failure of our developmental programs. We can't seem to turn talented midfielders into playmakers who can perform at the highest level.  There is not doubt that we have talent but the records show that those players could never produce. This is direct result of our non-existent developmental programs. Players like Dwarika and Jemmot could never fit into Don Leo's system. If you observe football globally ,creative players must be able to get stuck-in as well. You'd be hard pressed to find a player with Trinidad and Tobago passport who can demonstrate these traits at the highest level.

If any change will come it must come from the youth . Players like Highley, Tinto and Devenish need to closely followed. I know Devenish has just been promoted to Jabloteh's Senior team and Highley is in the W Connection squad.

Creativity in any form requires options and those options are only available with movement off the ball and unselfish movement at that. Regardless of the ability of the player with the ball, when there is little or no movement the play stagnates. T&T Football as with so many Nations that do not have players playing at the highest level consistently suffers from a lack of understanding of "football without the ball" Players are not willing to run for each other. We still interpret football as what is done "with the ball."
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 12:08:52 PM »
DEVELOPMENT POOR everybody and they mother in law know this along with we have no creative ballers -now we have to go with what we have we can't develop a youth to help we this august.  we was taking goal like crazy the past 5 yrs or even more. so of course beenie must address that after we get 5 from Guat.

unless we say overs and drop everybody over 23 yrs old and come again. wait nah tha might be a good option. mmmmmmm

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 12:53:09 PM »
We talk about T&TFF don't have a developmental program for youth players etc that's valid,but lets check this when i look at our team Roster 99% of our players come from a local college/Comprehensive school,these guys were stars every one found they were the best,no one saw faults then,who were their Coaches,who taught them all the bad habits they have,that was the time for youth development,we talking about T&TFF makes a lot of money but no one checks the colleges league,the kind of crowds that attend Football where does that money go.
    The problem in T&T today is our players not playing enough Football that's why it's taking them so long to develope,i remember when there was a Minor league you could have played in every day,that's how you build confidence by playing not being on a Bench,in the US there are Tournaments you can play in every weekend,in the Winter teams go to Florida(who can afford it) plus there are a lot of Indoor.
     Come on T&T we can do it,the people who i think should come forward are staying in the background and blaming Jack,waiting on the oppertunity to jump on the bandwagon if T&T does well,for all those that waiting i'll tell you all something,staying away does nothing for T&T Football as a matter of fact it just makes matters worst,getting involved will help make a contridution,remember once upon a time we were part of this.
        See Ya!! 

Offline Newkid

• New Warrior
  • I love the beautiful game
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 06:43:32 PM »
In my view, no coach will teach a player creative skills. they will drill them on plays, structure, shooting, system, fitness but NEVER about spanner, rolly polly ect. The onus is on the player to make an effort on his own to aquire these skills. When a player does this, he will stand out head and shoulders above another player because he would have worked harder. somehow i doubt that the players in trinidad and tobago puts in that extra effort, but does what is just enough to please the coach hence the decline in our skill level.

Offline LICKS4SO

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 08:24:53 PM »
BOY THAT IS TRINIDAD PROBLEM RIGHT THERE.....SMALL GOAL COMPLEX.....LISTEN..ON THE HIGEST LEVEL YOU DO NOT PLAY FOR FLARE OR TO LOOK GOOD...YOU PLAY TO SCORE GOALS...I HAVE NEVER YET HEARD A TEAM DID ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY LOOKED GOOD....GOALS IS THE KEY!!!!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 12:54:54 PM »
I agree with and like your composition jah Gol, I also like that yuh took time to give praises where praise is due. Big up Leo and de coaching staff and Flare might not win yuh games but it will dam sure get yuh a youth development program...

But like preacher say we go spanna after we qualify  because jump high or low after dat we going Germany.   

Book yuh tickets early....
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>