April 27, 2024, 06:02:48 AM

Author Topic: Ghana coach leaves  (Read 682 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Ghana coach leaves
« on: July 17, 2006, 02:10:51 PM »
Dujkovic leaves Black Stars
By Simon Fudge

Ghana coach Ratomir Dujkovic has resigned from his post after leading the West African side to the second round of the World Cup finals.

The Serbian leaves The Black Stars after helping the nation to World Cup qualification for the first time in their history this summer.

Dujkovic's side surprised many by reaching the knockout stages of Germany 2006 after qualifying from Group E.

It was a group that included eventual champions Italy, Czech Republic and USA.

There were widespread calls for the Balkan tactician to remain in his post, but the 60-year-old has opted to walk away - citing health problems as his main reason for resigning.

"This decision has become necessary due to my health situation," Dujkovic said in his resignation letter dated July 13.

"I wish to thank the Ghana Football Association for the opportunity I had to work with them and wish Ghana well in all her endeavours."

Following international managerial experiences with Venezuela, Myanmar and Rwanda, Dujkovic has been mentioned as a possible successor to Ilija Petkovic as Serbia boss.

Petkovic resigned as coach of Serbia & Montenegro after a dismal World Cup finals campaign in Germany, with the Balkan nation set to participate in the upcoming Euro 2008 qualifiers on their own.

Montenegro voted for independence in a referendum back in May - thus paving the way for the Eastern European state and its clubs to participate in football competitions on their own in the future.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ghana coach leaves
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 07:02:51 PM »
Another one bites the dust. You see is not only Beenie.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

1]; } ?>