April 29, 2024, 08:04:04 AM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick one of the worst managers  (Read 4175 times)

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Terry Fenwick one of the worst managers
« on: July 17, 2006, 07:36:23 PM »
ESPN Soccernet ran an article on some of the worse managers in football. Everyone's favorite two faced coach made the list. You know the one who says that PFLs player quality is not that high but all to willing to sell them to low division clubs in England.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=336164&cc=5901
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Fenwick one of the worst managers
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 08:04:27 PM »
Yes the worstbin england but one of the best in tnt ? where does this put our local coaches
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 08:45:32 PM »
This Old Article descriibed whow bad the 1986 England players were as managers and Fenwick was the worst of the bunch.

And this classic...
Is Terry Fenwick the Worst manager Ever?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 08:47:51 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 08:48:31 PM »
the man ain't nothin special and it is because ah people like he that the Don would have people dissing foreign coaches. He just foreign that's all.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 08:48:55 PM »
yeah and when no club eh want him in england he does go back
trini to make he livin and bad talk ttff. we does really accept trash weee
only in t&t dem things does happen.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 09:01:20 PM »
the man ain't nothin special and it is because ah people like he that the Don would have people dissing foreign coaches. He just foreign that's all.

We shouldn't get carried away though. It is easy to say that he is nothing special but he obviously satisfies his employers at Jabloteh. And if Trinis want to say he not good, when none of us coach well in England either, then they need to prove it by beating his teams. To me if the man is successful for them I can't blame Jabloteh for hiring him and that will happen in any country, not only in TnT.

And what if he bad talks the TTFF? Ent they does do shit? And we criticising them right through on this site?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 09:16:31 PM »
Yes the worstbin england but one of the best in tnt ? where does this put our local coaches

Daz de real question.  But hey....in dem mind...many a we local coaches better than everybody and nobody cyah teach dem nutting.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 11:02:17 PM »
The man does win left, right and center in T&T is either he is a good coach (T&T standards at least) or our coaches are frauds.

The two coaches with the best record in T&T are foreign. One of them even from another island yeah imagine that ah smaller island.

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 06:05:32 AM »

We shouldn't get carried away though. It is easy to say that he is nothing special but he obviously satisfies his employers at Jabloteh. And if Trinis want to say he not good, when none of us coach well in England either, then they need to prove it by beating his teams. To me if the man is successful for them I can't blame Jabloteh for hiring him and that will happen in any country, not only in TnT.

And what if he bad talks the TTFF? Ent they does do shit? And we criticising them right through on this site?

Leh we do de bad talking but he (fenwick) doh have any  right to bad mouth we federation after all he making a living here(trinidad) he should keep the negatives to himself
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 06:08:02 AM by davyjenny »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 06:18:52 AM »
Leh we do de bad talking but he (fenwick) doh have any  right to bad mouth we federation after all he making a living here(trinidad) he should keep the negatives to himself

That is very ironic since everyday, on this board you can find several criticizing the US, made by people who live, work and/or study in the US and nobody complains or sees that as being wrong.

last time I checked he worked for jabloteh and not the TTFF.

Since when does working in a country prevent you from expressing an opinion about anything?

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 06:52:13 AM »

That is very ironic since everyday, on this board you can find several criticizing the US, made by people who live, work and/or study in the US and nobody complains or sees that as being wrong.

last time I checked he worked for jabloteh and not the TTFF.

Since when does working in a country prevent you from expressing an opinion about anything?
I can understand constructive criticizom but when he talks it's not all
constructive it's pure hate on his part. were you ever in his presence when
he spoke? well i was.my opinion is not base on what i read on this site or in the newspaper.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 06:55:12 AM by davyjenny »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 08:38:11 AM »

Daz de real question.  But hey....in dem mind...many a we local coaches better than everybody and nobody cyah teach dem nutting.

PPl tend to get tie-up with this what is good for Peter mustbe good for Paul....hat may work for Jablo may not work for ManBoo or Tobago United....if they give it some thought they would realize they themselves know better....but why give it thought, when they can just talk and get ah lil laff outta it.....Jabloteh is one of the top teams in most aspects of football, any coach with this organization has the best chances of winning in T&T....Where is Northampton Town in relation to football in England.....did he inherit a top team and made them lost...Were they have been sure to win with a Morinho, then why don't they hire one.....
Now I agree there are coaches who feel they know everything, and cyar be told nutten...it have coaches like that everywhere....just like no body know more bout anything dealing with football than the (I & I) trini supporter......but please don't say our coaches are not good, or knowledge because they don't have international experience, it is just wrong...how are they supposed to get Intl. experience ? 
The statements we should be making is Let's give Joe an oppurtunity to get some experience by doing so & so.....as opposed to Joe is shit and he pardners worse all foreigners better...I could go on, but rather not
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 08:42:11 AM by maxg »

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 10:20:17 AM »
The PFL style of football may suit Fenwicks coaching style,He plays hard ball and I think his approach may not have suited the sort of primadonnas you get in English football, who knows, but his track record here, especially when he was Portsmouth manager, was terrible.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 11:50:52 AM »
he is a good manager for Jabloteh!!  He had some bad games managing english clubs, but he always seems to get the best out of our players!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 05:35:27 PM »
is it a player problem or a coaches problem?

is it that the players are plain foreign minded and would respond to fenwick better than say mike grayson and respond to beenie better than say gally or st.clair?

or is is that these forgeign coaches just know more than our coaches about how to coach our own talent?

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 11:22:18 PM »

or is is that these forgeign coaches just know more than our coaches about how to coach our own talent?

Good observation, but is not just in football, check how man does work hard and try to impress foriegn bosses and doh give the same kinda effort for the local boss.

Colonial mindset ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 12:25:06 AM »
is it a player problem or a coaches problem?

is it that the players are plain foreign minded and would respond to fenwick better than say mike grayson and respond to beenie better than say gally or st.clair?

For the most part our coaches just aren't good enough. Whether it's because of lack of knowledge or lack of effort...they don't succeed.

One of the senior players was asked in an interview what one thing different about Beenie's preparation for games...he said that they go into a game with a specific plan and they all have roles they stick with. Beenie used a board to illustrate what he wanted...and apparently that had never been experienced before.

Wim is the new coach and he said one of the first things he intend on doing is going over all of the preformances to see who he wants to bring back and where to go from there.  I just can't even see our coaches looking at tapes over and over again to come up with a plan.

How many PFL games did BSC attend. 

You know how painful it probably was for Beenie to have to go PFL games to view potential players after coaching in the top leagues. But he did it. We don't have that kinda coach in T&T.

Ron La said it best when asked what his plan was for the next U23 game...in Typical Trini fashion he say..."Ah go lie down and think about it...and come up with something. :rotfl:  That take win

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 04:19:41 AM »
Me eh no Fenwick fan but from what I have observed from the surface:

He say TT would get kill vs. England.....most foreigners thought this.
We shock everybody and the man willingly ate his words.

He says our local players aren't of upper division standards and sells them to lower div. clubs. Makes sense to me. If he said they were of low quality and selling them to higher div. clubs, he would be contradiciting himself.

He has one of the best clubs with a very good infrastructure, he is EXPECTED to do well.

Likewise Fervier at W Connection. The only well established club that has seemingly underachieved is Joe Public.

The man can work in TT and make constructive criticism of the TTFF or the league. Coaches do it all over the world.

Perhaps some of us are over reacting becz it's a white foreigner.

If Wenger criticised the Eng. FA would we have the same opinion. Isn't the man entitled to express his professional opinion?

Now this is what I have observed from the surface.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>