April 29, 2024, 08:53:51 AM

Poll

Whick concacaf team is the best right now?

Trinidad and Tobago
6 (9.4%)
USA
2 (3.1%)
Mexico
52 (81.3%)
Costa Rica
1 (1.6%)
Jamaica
0 (0%)
Guatemala
0 (0%)
Honduras
0 (0%)
Cuba
0 (0%)
Haiti
1 (1.6%)
Panama
1 (1.6%)
Canada
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: July 21, 2006, 10:13:33 PM

Author Topic: Top CONCACAF TEAMS!  (Read 7778 times)

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Top CONCACAF TEAMS!
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2006, 06:07:31 PM »
It is time for JA & T&T to put CR out of its misery. :flamethrower:
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2006, 07:02:08 PM »
this is my ranking

1 Mexico
2 USA
3 Costa Rica
4 Trinidad
5 Guatemala
6 Panama and Jamaica
7 Honduras and Canada
8 El Salvador
9 Haiti and Cuba
10 St Vincent
11 St Kitts
12 Grenada

If Fifa allows Martinique to compete in concacaf, they would be in the top ten for sure. Barbados, Montserrat, Bahamas, Bermuda, UVI and Dominica are the weakest teams.

Actually, Guatemala is Jamaica's beating stick. I cant recall them ever beating us at any level recently...we have beaten them every single time we played them in the past 4 or so years, icluding 3 times last year.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2006, 07:27:48 PM »
Mexico and for a while longer
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2006, 08:29:11 PM »
Most definitely have to put Crica up there top 3 cause they deadly at home
and some would say that u could take that literally cause they  intimidate the crap outta visiting teams. they play good attacking fast football
MEXICO -beautiful football with possesion, defence nice knock attacking and they protect home turf. 1 knock on them is they seem to underestimate the weaker teams 
USA-know men doh like them but give them their due, they are still a good team, physical, never give up, at times play an attractive brand and they have really excellent young talented ballers(beasly, johnson, quaranta, convey, oyenwu, yes donovan, dempsey, adu, eskandarian on and on) some of these guys already have a WC or 2 under they belts keyword being young and they own mexico in the US.
Watch out for a hungry honduras and canada

But who really cares i studying TT and where we are headed, we still have a lot of work to do. But no horrors we have new youth development coach anton on the job we safe for sure  ;)

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2006, 10:22:38 PM »

So to me Greece are Kings of Europe..but not the #1 Ranked team in Europe...everyone will interpret 'Kings of' differently I guess

/quote]

Eh! ???

Filho ah normally see yuh as ah voice of reasoning in here eh......Buh wa heights is dah one ... ;D

Ah want some :D.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 10:31:43 PM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2006, 04:39:12 AM »

So to me Greece are Kings of Europe..but not the #1 Ranked team in Europe...everyone will interpret 'Kings of' differently I guess

/quote]

Eh! ???

Filho ah normally see yuh as ah voice of reasoning in here eh......Buh wa heights is dah one ... ;D

Ah want some :D.

I am using 'King of' and 'Champion' interchangeably. That's all...Some may not use it the same way. That is what I meant by it is open to interpretation. Some may be using 'King of' to represent the best team currently. But not me. I just saying that if you win your regional tournament, you earn the right to call yourself King of that region...even if there are better teams than you. So because Brazil won the Copa America, they are Kings of South America. Greece won the European Cup, so they are Kings of Europe. However, I do not think they are the best team in Europe, but they hold the title of European Champs or Kings of Europe and you cannot take that away until the next European Cup. Italy are world champs,  or Kings of the World in my book...even if they go on to lose every single match they play from now until 2010..they are the World Champs until there is a new WC winner, even if they cannot be ranked as the best team

hope that makes more sense ;)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2006, 05:48:10 AM »
this is my ranking

1 Mexico
2 USA
3 Costa Rica
4 Trinidad
5 Guatemala
6 Panama and Jamaica
7 Honduras and Canada
8 El Salvador
9 Haiti and Cuba
10 St Vincent
11 St Kitts
12 Grenada

If Fifa allows Martinique to compete in concacaf, they would be in the top ten for sure. Barbados, Montserrat, Bahamas, Bermuda, UVI and Dominica are the weakest teams.

Actually, Guatemala is Jamaica's beating stick. I cant recall them ever beating us at any level recently...we have beaten them every single time we played them in the past 4 or so years, icluding 3 times last year.

I think he just put the most recent Hex finishers in order, and then used judgement after that. I agree that Jamaica is better than Guatemala. I never rate Guatemala...(even when they killed us a couple years back, i chalked that up to a bad day for us)
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2006, 07:06:58 AM »

I think he just put the most recent Hex finishers in order, and then used judgement after that. I agree that Jamaica is better than Guatemala. I never rate Guatemala...(even when they killed us a couple years back, i chalked that up to a bad day for us)

It turns out that in the last 10 years Guatemala has never beaten Jamaica at the senior level. They have played 9 matches, Jamaica has won 7 and 2 were drawn. Jamaica has outscored them 21 to 11.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2006, 07:20:10 AM »
It turns out that in the last 10 years Guatemala has never beaten Jamaica at the senior level. They have played 9 matches, Jamaica has won 7 and 2 were drawn. Jamaica has outscored them 21 to 11.

Yeah but we all know its the last 40 years that count!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2006, 07:27:02 AM »
the criteria for best in concacaf i'm assuming is an all-play-all tournament with home and away series. the two teams that would top the standings would be mexico and usa. usa has owned mexico at home and away they have been able to score. mexico hasn't figured out usa's defense yet. so, usa is top of concacaf assuming this scenario.

but on paper, in fantasy league style, mexico would be top in concacaf.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2006, 07:56:28 AM »
right now is:

mexico
costa rica bc dey have more wc appearances than the US
US
Trinidad and tobago

1]; } ?>