April 20, 2024, 02:33:05 AM

Author Topic: Hector Sam joins Ince at Walsall.  (Read 3444 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Hector Sam joins Ince at Walsall.
« on: July 21, 2006, 04:51:33 AM »
Hector Sam joins Ince at Walsall.
By: Saddlers.premiumtv.co.uk
[/size]

The Saddlers have today beaten off competition from a number of clubs to complete the signing of front-man, Hector Sam. The 28 year-old, who hails from Trinidad & Tobago, has impressed during a trial spell and puts pen to paper on an initial one-year deal with a further year option.
A lively striker, who possesses undoubted talent and ability, he was signed by Wrexham for £125,000 from San Juan Jabloteh during the summer of 2000 and immediately became a firm favourite amongst the supporters of the Welsh club.
Scoring a total of 40 goals in 176 appearances in all competitions for The Racecourse Ground club, he was snapped up by Port Vale last summer but went on to break his leg early on in the campaign. He didn't return to action until The Valiants' trip to Bescot Stadium in April and is now almost back to full fitness.
He has already proved to be a popular figure amongst both players and supporters alike and is looking forward to helping The Saddlers in our quest to bounce back into League One at the first attempt. "Hector has settled in well here," said manager, Richard Money. "He has mixed well with the other players and they enjoy having him here.
"He knows what playing at this level is all about and has already built up a decent understanding with Martin Butler. I think that they have the makings of a useful partnership." Sam joins fellow countryman, Clayton Ince in the Walsall squad.
Sam sets sights on promotion.
By: Saddlers.premiumtv.co.uk
[/size]

New signing, Hector Sam is full of confidence that The Saddlers have what it takes to mount a promotion challenge after snubbing the advances of a number of clubs to put pen to paper on a permanent deal here at Bescot Stadium.
The 28 year-old has impressed during a recent trial spell and now can't wait for the new campaign to get started. "I am really delighted to be here," he said with a smile. "There are a great set of lads here and this is a fantastic opportunity for me.
"I was out for a long time with a broken leg last season, but I am pleased with the way that things have gone recently and my fitness levels are improving all of the time. As it stands I am not that far off full fitness.
"This is a good club, with some quality players. I have played at League Two level before and know that it's going to be physical, but we are a good footballing side and with the likes of Martin Butler in the team, we are always going to score goals. Hopefully I can weigh in with my fair share too.
"Walsall don't deserve to be in League Two; I look around at the set-up and facilities that we have here and the fans and feel that it is a step up from Port Vale.
"It's going to be a tough division but I am confident that we will be up there challenging for promotion. I've not set myself any personal goalscoring targets, I'll just take things game-by-game and see what happens. It doesn't matter who gets the goals as long as we get promoted come the end of the season."

Sam's The Man.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Hector Sam joins Ince at Walsall.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 05:19:44 AM »
Sam done start tuh diss port vale already!! He say wallsall is a "step up"!

whey sah!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 05:56:45 AM »

whey sah!!

ah love it!!

I aint' take that as diss, he just comparing Port Vale Facilities to that of Walsall and saying that those at Walsall are just as good or even better and that based on that Walsall shouldn't be in league 2.

Big up Hector!!! 1 of QRC's legendary strikers; he's been unlucky so far
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 06:22:30 AM »
Glad for Sam.Hope he finally blossom and realise his footballing potential and what the late Roderick Warner was willing to put his reputation on the line for.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 08:00:04 AM »

whey sah!!

ah love it!!

People People!!!
Have we not learned from the Theobald interview, dont talk bout how small your current or former club is or was.
a lil tact goes a long way.

NB These rules dont hold true for Gillingham  ;D

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 09:04:11 AM »
lol buh denzill wass bad talkin falkirk

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME